The Fighter *Harry Styles*

By drippinstyles

You get so attached to someone that you never know how it feels like to live without them. You're always arou... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
AUTHORS NOTE
28
PART TWO
29
30
31
33
34
35

32

570 13 3
By drippinstyles

Harry's POV:

"Harry, she needs your help" Tears stain Victoria's cheek, standing in the doorway with Zayn standing behind her with his hands on her waist. I force my eyes away from their affection towards each other with just a simple touch. 

"Oh Harry, it's horrible! He acts so overprotective over her and he acts like they've been dating forever and it's disgusting and I hate seeing her like this!" She sobs in Zayn's arms.

"And you think me beating Steven up is going to help? The last time I tried, I fucking scared the shit out of her!"

"What if I get her to come somewhere and you can be there or something and, ugh, I don't know, just something, Harry. Anything to get her back." She pleads, her tears slowing down. Zayn leans in from behind, kissing the back of her head. I envy them right now. At least Victoria doesn't have some psycho ex after her. 

Of course, I don't blame Ariel for this, it was never her fault for any of this. It was Stevens. It's always been his. Clearly, he doesn't understand what it means when someone breaks up with them and he clearly doesn't know how to treat a girl like lady. 

But I'm no saint either. I've had those one night stands before and harshly kicking them out after, but that was only two times max. Yes, I've always been known as the cheeky, always flirting one, which is a total lie. I do have respect when it comes to women. I don't throw them around like they're worth nothing and I don't lie to them either.

Okay, besides the time when I was 15 and told a girl I was gay because I didn't think about her the way she thought about me.

"I don't know, Victoria" I run my hand through my hair, harshly tugging at the roots. Fuck, I needed to get a hair cut, my hair coming up to below my ears.

"Mate, the boys can get you to help. Anything to get us to the way we were before"

"And you think bringing Ariel back to us is going to make everything alright?! Why can't any of you guys get it through your thick skull that she isn't ever coming back. Maybe physically if we try hard enough but never mentally."

"Shut the hell up! You keep thinking she's never going to come back mentally but you clearly don't know her as much as I do! She's a fighter, Harry. She will continue fighting her way through as long as you give her a chance. You haven't given her anything to fight about! Have you tried talking to her, show her some proof that you to dated? No! You haven't! If you maybe started giving two shits about everything that's happening in the real world, she might actually try fighting for freedom! But you're a fucking prick! I hate you so much!" Tears are flowing down her tan cheeks, as she's released from Zayn's grasp, small fist pounding at my chest without any damage being done.

Her words, once again, hit me like a ton of bricks. My, our, Ariel is a fighter. She does anything to get to the right place and right now she doesn't know she's not in the right place. But once she does and we at least try jogging her memory back, she'll know what's the truth and what not.

"You're right. I've been thinking negative for too long and it's time I try."

Her tiny hands come around my waist as he places her head on my chest, her sobs heard around the room. I wrap my arms around her slightly bigger frame than Ariel, not calling her big or anything.

"I got snot on your shirt" She giggles a little, hiccuping in the process. I look down, ignoring the huge wet spot, where indeed a little snot is smeared, looking up at her before shaking her head.

"It's fine. But thank you for knocking some sense into me."

"I know we'll get her back" Zayn speaks up, as Victoria walks back into his arms.

"I know we will too" I say not knowing what lies ahead.

Ariel's POV:

"Where are we going?" Steven's hand rests on my hand that sits on my lap.

"One of my friends, he's a fighter, and he has a match tonight and I thought we could go watch and support him."

My mind falls back to Harry where I remember his trainer or someone, Damian I think, told me he used to fight. 

The arena is overly packed with people that make me feel like I don't belong. Passing through the people, I get a few weird stares from the crowd, their eyes traveling to my hands that are entwined with Steven's. 

I spot Victoria up front in the second row along with the rest of the people I vaguely remember. Grabbing onto Steven's hand tighter, I pull him towards the crowd. 

We barely get to talk before the announcer comes into the ring announcing the fighters for the night.

Harry's POV:

My eyes scan the crowd, seeing the familiar faces of my friends. My eyes land on the two people I wasn't expecting to see. Steven stands behind Ariel, his arms wrapped around stomach, his chin resting on her shoulder. Her hands rest over Stevens on her stomach as they both look at me. The left side of his lips turns up a little, a smirk displayed on his face as his eyes show amusement. I shake my head, not going to let him get to me because tonight means more than letting his stupid ways get to me.

The man in the middle announces the usual things he always does during every fight: our height, weight, and our past winnings and all other shit.

The first bell for the first round rings, as I start bouncing on the balls of my feet, my opponent, Cyrus, doing the same.

I throw the first punch, only to have it miss before a fist comes pounding in my stomach, making me stumble back a bit.

My eyes scanned the crowd for her, watching as she intently watched, Steven standing behind her, silently laughing at me.

Another hard blow to my face causes blood to tripple down my face from my nose.

I can't do this. Not when she's here with him.

I lunge forward, my arms coming out in front of me left, right, left, right, giving him blows in his stomach, chest, and face.

My eyes once again land on them, seeing Steven's lips on my girls causing the anger to arouse faster than ever.

Before Cyrus can even connect his fist with my body, my leg wraps behind his knees, adding pressure, sending his knees to buck as his back hits the mat.

I take this as a cue to straddle his waist, my arms throwing punches, some of which he successfully avoids.

The bell rings, indicating the round is over. I go back to the corner where Damian is standing, arms crossed over his chest, eyes cold and hard.

"I need you to focus, Harry. I get that she's here with the wrong guy but don't let that bring you down. Take that anger and use it against Cyrus."

I nod my head, heading toward the middle of the arena once I finish the water bottle given to me. 

The bell for the second round rings, my feet taking me to the middle where Chris is already bouncing on the balls of his feet. I follow Damian's instructions, making sure my eyes don't land on them. Cyrus' punch lands straight into my stomach, catching me off guard, causing me to fall crashing to the floor.

My eyes screw shut, my head hurting due to the impact of falling to the ground. The pain is unbearable but I can't let Damian down. I stand back up on my feet, hearing the crowd roar louder making me feel good on the inside. The smirk on Cyrus face when I spit out blood sets me of edge as I attack him like a predator does to its prey. My hands move in sync, one after another like an unstoppable machine.

***

The final round was not what I expected. Cyrus comes back, ten times tougher than he was the round before and I know its not possible without the help of drugs. They way after punch after punch, he barely breaks a sweat proves it. My eyes flicker towards his coach who stands, chin up, proud of his fighter's work. More like the drugs work.

His next punch comes straight to my chest as I fail to block it. His foot comes in contact with the back of my knee, just like I had done to him the first round. I fall to the ground, having Cyrus straddle my lap as I continue failing to block the hits being thrown at me.

I hear the crowd shouting my name, all of my fans cheering me on and yelling at me to fight back, but I can't. Once again, like earlier, his gloved fist comes smashing into my face. I feel my teeth tear the skin of my inner lip as I feel wetness trickle down my face from my nose. My head turns to the side, seeing the shocked faces of my friends and my girl.

Remembering how she isn't mine, sends another spark of anger through me as I take the last few minutes of the match to flip us over, me once again getting the upper hand. My fist protected by the glove, smashes into the side of his face.

The bell, signaling the fight is now over, rings as the man comes over, raising my hand in the air, announcing the winner.

The faces around all show they got what they wanted; me winning. But that didn't matter to me, all that mattered was how long was it 'til I got what I wanted.

Ariel's POV:

"I have use the restroom" I say as Steven drags me out of the arena. He stops in his tracks, taking a deep breath before letting go of my hand.

"Hurry up" He snaps before sighing once again and mumbling a small 'sorry'.

I peck his cheek before I leave trying to find what I was actually looking for.

Loud bickering is heard behind the door where LOCKEROOM is printed in white block lettering.

I see Damian and the fighter, Harry, yelling at each other, coming to an abrupt stop as Damian sees me entering the room.

Harry continues lying on the bench, a wet rag laid over his head, covering his eyes.

"Ariel, nice seeing you here" Damian smiles, bringing me into a hug.

"How are you feeling? Remember anything lately? Hopefully this depressed, curly lad" He mutters the last part, a groan erupting from Harry lips.

"No, but I've been trying" It wasn't a lie, I actually was trying. But with Steven breathing down my neck all the time, its hard for me to go out and do some searching on my own. I haven't even talked to my so called family ever since I was released from the hospital. It makes me wonder if Steven was always this protective, even with my family and friends.

"Well I'll leave you to alone. So good to see you, Ariel"

"Harry" My voice is barely audible.

"What" He stretches the word, shifting over a little before groaning.

"How are you feeling?"

"Just peachy" His voice is mocking.

"Like you care" He mutters, shifting the rag to the other side.

"I'm trying to be friendly and if you being an arse is what I get, than fine! Sorry for trying"

"Arse" He repeats, getting up, throwing the rag off to the side before repeating the word 'arse' a few more times.

"Yes arse! You're acting like one!"

"You just said arse"

"Yes, I am aware of what I just called you" I grow frustrated with him.

"Oh my god. Bab- Ariel, do you know, oh my fucking god. Ariel, I'm the only one you ever call an arse because I'm brutish." His face is lit up like a child's face when they get the toy they wanted for Christmas.

"Ariel, you have to remember me" He walks over towards me, standing a feet away.

"Harry, I don't" I sigh

"Come back to me, Ariel"

"I can't Harry. I don't even know you. Plus I'm with Steven."

"Fine, than tell me one thing. Are you happy? Are you happy with him? Cause I can guarantee you, he isn't shit compared to me."

"I can't compare you two if I don't even know anything about either of you!" I surprise both of us from my uproar.

"Ar-"

"I have to go"

"No Ari-"

Before he can finish, I walk out of the locker crashing into my boyfriend.

"Jesus Steven"

"Let's go" His eyes are hard as they stare into mine before grabbing my wrist and dragging me out of the arena.

He pushes me up against his car, us being the only one in the parking lot.

"How many fucking time do I have to fucking tell you to stay away from Harry?! He isn't good for you and I can clearly tell you don't listen to my instructions! And you have the audacity to lie to me? You aren't that fucking tough Ariel, so fucking listen to me next time!"

"It's not like you would've let me talk to him if I asked"

"Damn right I wouldn't have!"

"But-"

"No, get in the fucking car, Ariel. I don't want you talk you anymore. When I say I don't want you to talk him, I mean it."

So my concert was tuesday the 5th and it was realllllly goood so have fun to anyone who's going to WWA!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 838 10
❝Does it still hurt?❞ ❝What?❞ ❝Loving him.❞ It takes me awhile to answer that because I don't know what to say. But then, every moment and memory we...
33.1K 2.1K 34
It took Elizabeth 35 years to find the love of her life at a couples resort after her boyfriend cheated on her. Harry has done things at Elizabeth's...
15.7K 239 31
Harry Styles fanfiction❤️
8.3K 550 7
❝IF I COULD BE HONEST FOR ONE DAY, EVEN JUST FOR A SPLIT SECOND, I'D TELL YOU THAT I'M HURTING. AND I MEAN REALLY HURTING.❞ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | 201...