Reckless Entitlement

By blackgirlbooks

*COMPLETED* Fresh out of foster care Maya Scott is finally ready to live life on her own terms, she has her o... More

Chapter 1: Maya
Chapter 2: Nick
Chapter 3: Maya
Chapter 4: Nick
Chapter 5: Maya
Chapter 6: Nick
Chapter 7: Maya
Chapter 8: Nick
Chapter 9: Maya
Chapter 10: Nick
Chapter 11: Maya
Chapter 12: Nick
Chapter 13: Maya
Chapter 14: Nick
Chapter 15: Maya
Chapter 16: Nick
Chapter 17: Maya
Chapter 18: Nick
Reckless Entitlement Soundtrack
Chapter 19: Maya
Chapter 20: Nick
Chapter 21: Maya
Chapter 22: Nick
Chapter 23: Maya
Chapter 24: Nick
Chapter 25: Maya
Chapter 26: Nick
Chapter 27: Maya
Chapter 28: Nick
Chapter 29: Maya
Chapter 30: Nick
Chapter 31: Maya
Chapter 32: Nick
Chapter 33: Maya
Chapter 34: Nick
Chapter 36: Nick
Chapter 37: Maya
Chapter 38: Nick
Chapter 39: Maya
Chapter 40: Nick
Chapter 41: Maya
Chapter 42: Nick
Chapter 43: Maya
Chapter 44: Nick
Chapter 45: Maya
Chapter 46: Nick
A Very Reckless Christmas

Chapter 35: Maya

3.4K 220 8
By blackgirlbooks

Nick and I stretched across my bed. It was almost too small for him, I had to lay on top of him for us to both fit comfortably. I wasn't complaining, but Nick had a lot to say about it.

"I think you need a new bed," Nick said making his chest vibrate against my cheek.

"My bed is new," I said looking up at him.

"A bigger bed, then," he said tracing his fingers up and down my spine.

"I didn't think I would be sharing it with anyone when I bought it." Before Nick came along I didn't think I wanted to be with anyone--ever. I thought it would be too much headache, and that has proven to be true. But also the best thing ever.

"I can buy you one," he offered.

"Don't," I protested. "Don't even think about it."

"But why not? Look at my feet." I looked at his feet that hung off the edge of my bed. "I feel like a giant."

I rolled my eyes. "If you have complaints you can always go home and sleep in the bed that you do fit in," I suggested, but not really meaning it.

He pulled me closer placing a kiss on my forehead. "But you wouldn't be there."

"I guess you should stop complaining then," I smiled as he kissed the crook of my neck. He made some sort of grumbling sound that I took as an agreement. He rolled us over and started to trail kisses from neck down to my chest. I closed my eyes enjoying his attention, but I couldn't stop thinking about when he told me he loved me.

"Nick," I breathed.

"Yes," he said against my skin.

"Will you say it again?"

He looked up at me. His hair was a mess his blond tresses going in every direction, but the dark circles under his eyes had practically disappeared. "Say what again?"

"You know..." I said bashfully. "What you said before." I don't know why the thought of him telling me he's in love with me is so embarrassing. Maybe I should get some help.

"Can you be more specific?" he asked.

"You know when you told me that you loved me."

"Oh," he said catching on.

I nodded.

He sat up, pulling away from me slightly. I wanted him to come back instantly. "Do you want me to say it again?"

"I think so," I said. "I want you to say it to me so I can say it back."

He smirked. "You told me you loved me enough times while you were drunk to last me a lifetime."

"Well, I want a do-over now that I'm sober. " I cringed when I thought back on what Nick told me about our drunken phone call. Alcohol seems to be a truth elixir for me, because all the things I said were true. I do love Nick. And I do think he is the most beautiful boy in the world. But I wish I wouldn't have told him how I was crying, because that's just embarrassing.

"Hmmm," he sighed. "I don't know if I want to."

I pushed him back sitting up in bed. "What do you mean you're not sure if you want to?"

"Ow, Maya," he laughed. "I was just kidding of course I'll say it again."

I folded my arms across my chest. "Don't say things like that."

He pulled me to his chest. "I'm sorry. When would you like me to tell you I love you again?"

"Can you say it right now?" I asked looking up at him.

"Right now," he smiled.

"Yes."

Pulling my face towards him, he said, "I love you."

"I love you too," I told him. A huge smile spread across his face, he kissed me.

"I could listen to you tell me that a hundred times a day," said Nick.

"Let's stick to twice a day for now," I replied. "Maybe three times if you're good."

He nodded. "I'll take it."

He moved so he laid on his side, saying, "I talked to my ex-girlfriend about you."

Excuse me?

Is the first thing he did when I didn't tell him I love him was call her? And what did he tell her about me?

Reading my mind, Nick said, "It wasn't like that. I bumped into her at the gym."

I said, "Oh. And what did you tell her about me?"

Not that I really cared what she thought about me, but I did want to know what he tells other people about me.

"I told her about how great you are and how much I love you," he explained. "She's happy for me."

"Oh, okay." That's good I guess.

"You don't have to worry about her trying to get back together with me or anything," he added.

"And why is that?"

"Because she's a lesbian."

Wow, didn't see that coming.

"Is she okay with you telling me that?" I asked him.

"Uh," his brows knitted together, "I think so, but it's just you. You're not going to tell anyone, and I doubt you know her."

How does he know I don't know her? I could. "Maybe I do know her. What's her name?"

"Crystal," he said.

Wait, Tasha's girlfriend's name is Crystal.

Everything began to click together and it became more mind blowing by the second.

Nick thumped my nose. "What are you thinking about??

"I think her and Tasha are dating." Maybe I shouldn't have told him that, but if she came out to him then maybe it will be okay. He told me she was a lesbian first.

He was silent before nodding, "That doesn't surprise me the way it should. Tasha seems like she would be Crystal's type."

What type of alternate reality have I stepped into?

My boyfriend's ex-girlfriend is dating my best friend. The fact that I have a boyfriend, that loves me no less, is unbelievable to me in the first place.

Charlie jumped on the bed from the floor carrying one of his stuffed animals in his mouth. He laid on the end of the bed and rested his head on top of the chewed up otter that Nick bought for him. The scratches from when we first got him are almost completely gone and he'd plumped up to a healthy size.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Nick asked me.

"Always."

He chuckled. "I should have known the answer to that before I asked. What movie do you want to watch?"

"We can finish watching Fast & Furious," I said.

"Really?" He looked shocked, "You want too?"

"Well now that I've watched it. I can't just stop at the first one." I have to see what happens now.

"Maya Scott, you are the love of my life."

"Ditto," I replied. He began kissing me all over my face, making me laugh.

"Nick," I laughed, "The movie."

He sighed, "Right. I'll go get it."

While Nick went into the living room to get my laptop and his DVD set, Charlie crawled into my lap. Since Nick has come back, he's stopped acting like a psycho and gone back to being his affectionate self.

"I'm glad you've stopped acting crazy," I said, bringing him into my arms. Petting him, I loved the feeling of his soft fur between my fingers. He touched his nose to mine. "I thought I was going to have to replace you with a puppy."

"You would never," Nick said coming back into the room, balancing the laptop and dvds in one hand and a bag of chips in the other.

I looked at Charlie's cute face with his eyes closed and listened to his purring. "Maybe not, but he was skating on thin ice."

"We could get a dog," he said coming to sit next to me.

"Hah, with what space?" There's barely any space for Charlie's things, and dogs are a lot more high maintenance than cats. But I don't know how true that is, because Charlie requires a lot of care and attention.

He set up the movie. "I guess you're right, but I think Charlie would like it."

"I don't think he would like to share the spotlight." I wouldn't rule it out though. "Maybe when I get a bigger place."

Then I would have enough space for all of us. Me, Nick, Charlie, and maybe a dog.

"That sounds great," he grinned.

Nick put his arm around me holding me close. He smelled like himself, but also a little like me. I wondered if we lived together would that be his new scent? And would I begin to smell that way too?

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Nick asked me.

"You," I replied honestly. Extending my neck, I kissed him gently and slowly.

"When I first met you I thought you were so cool," he said between kisses. "I could barely talk to you. Sam wouldn't stop making fun of me for it."

"No way," I said in disbelief. "You thought I was cool?"

The first time I met Nick in person, of course I thought he was gorgeous, but I didn't think much of him. I knew he had a girlfriend, and I didn't think he would be my type anyway. In my eyes, he was just another preppy rich boy.

Smiling, he said, "Yeah, I also thought you were really hot."

"Do you still think that?" I mean after seeing me naked his mind might have changed.

"Hell, yeah. Like I told you before you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

"You know I've already slept with you, you don't have to butter me up with compliments."

"You're right," he nodded in agreement. "You should be buttering me up with compliments. I should have played more hard to get, and now you think I'm easy."

"Is that what I think?"

"And I think you should take me on a date too. You should court me a little bit."

"I already told you I love you isn't that enough?" Geez, you tell a guy you love him and then he starts making all these demands.

"Nope."

I slapped his cheek playfully. "Let's watch the movie and then we'll see what I can do."

Nick smiled, cheesily. "Fine. I expect flowers."

Okay, now he's just being high maintenance. "Would you like some chocolates too?"

He said, "No, I wouldn't want to put you out." Oh, how considerate of him.

After pressing play, I leaned back and rested in his arms. "Try not to talk through this one okay."

"I'll try."

Thank you to the people that wished me a Happy Birthday! I hope you enjoyed the chapter, leave your comments below.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.1K 51
Maya Baker is a young girl from an abusive family. She's broken but refuses to let that bring her down. Even after all the heartbreak, she can't seem...
56.7K 2.1K 98
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
544K 9.6K 12
She's oblivious and he's the guy with the girlfriend who likes her. #67 in young adult romance (4-3-23) #2 in drama (7-12-18) #78 in teens (10-22-18)...
132K 5.8K 47
{SECOND BOOK TO A CHANGE OF HEART!! Do not read if you haven't read the first book!} Zuri Russo and Zane Khan have been through their fair share of u...