Luna Mortem

By 2-Lett2304

(Based on Death Note the Musical with Moon Varian from Ghosta-r from Tumblr) Varian Corona was just your aver... More

Mind Brand
They're Only Human
Hurricane
Gealach
I'm Ready
We all need a Hero
The Game Begins
There are Lines
Secrets and Lies
Mortals and Fools
Stalemate
I'll Only Love You More
HonorBound
Playing his Game
Borrowed Time
When Love Comes
The Way It Ends
Requiem

Where is the Justice?

850 11 18
By 2-Lett2304

(The next day, in Toontown High, a high school in Cartoonaroll where the young toons go and learn to grow as young adults. Driving and stopped, Varian get out of the car.)

Quirin: Be good Varian, I'll pick you up after school.

Varian: Bye dad.

(Quirin drove off for work and Varian walk inside the school.  Students are near their lockers, just hanging till the first bell ring. As he walk in the hallway to reach his locker, someone stand in his way. Blocking him are the three bullies in this school Dash, Kleet and Lightning.)

Dash: Well, well, well, if is isn't farm boy?

Lightning: Still need daddy's protections?

Varian: Cut me some slack. I don't have time for this.

(He start to walk around them, but again they block his way.)

Dash: Oh come on, the fun only got started.

(Then Varian get grab by the collar and slammed onto the lockers, he groan in pain. They never leave him alone, always pick on him. Kleet punch him in the stomach, Lightning grab Varian head and slam him against the locker, causing his glasses to fall off. Someone grab them and clean them off.)

Voice: Hey!! Leave that guy alone!!!

(The bullies stopped, turn and see a young teenage girl, in Varian age, with a short brown hair with the right side of her bangs blue and light blue eyes. She is dressed in a white off shoulder top with a dark blue under top with red and white lines on top and bottom, dark red baggy hoodie jacket with the hood grey, capris jeans, ankle boots, a lapis lazuli heckle and stud earrings. This is Judy Pot, daughter of the two famous Gorillaz member, Scarlett and 2D. She's not very popular, and plan on not being one too, but she treated fairly by everyone. She glare at the bullies while holding Varian glasses.)

Judy: Let the guy go!

Dash: Stay out of it Tusspot, a girl like you should know her place.

Judy: Know my place? Oh, said the quarterback of this shitty football team. You just as reckless as those jerks.

Kleet: Shut her up.

(They drop Varian and took at step to Judy, but before they know it, she was fighting them in a karate style she learn from Noodle. One by one, she beat them far and square. After she beat them all, she gave them a nasty look.)

Judy: And there's plenty more where that came from if you get off my back.

(With that, they run off in fear of her. She grab the glasses she place on the floor and walk to Varian still on the ground.)

Judy: Sorry about that. Are you okay?

(Varian look at her, then he feel his face getting all flustered, his heart going so fast and have a lovestruck look on his face as heart form in his eyes and some come out of him. He been so in love with Judy since they first met on the first day of freshman, he love her beautiful singing voice, her unique look, her spunky and sweet personality and the way she defend herself. But the problem is that she doesn't know he exist, and hope one day he will get her to notice him.)

Varian: (blushing) H-Hey J-Judy..

Judy: (help him up) (give him his glasses) Hope they haven't hurt you too badly.

Varian: (put the glasses on) What? N-No way.. They're no match you to- I-I mean, They're no match to you! Not that you don't fight good, I mean you fight great and... (Groan)

Judy: (giggle) Thanks uh... What's your name again?

Varian: Varian..

Judy: Varian? Varian Corona? You're Rapunzel's cousin right?

Varian: Y-Yeah.

(And that is another problem, whenever he see her he gets so tongue twisted he can't get his sentence right. And his older cousin, Rapunzel Corona is one of the most popular senior in school, he is only seen as living in her shadow.)

Judy: I remember, we met on the first day of Freshman year. I offer you a sit next to mine when there wasn't any left. I'm so sorry for not noticing you.

Varian: I-It's f-fine. You're blameless of it. I-I mean.. I-I... (Groan) I gotta go!

(He grab his stuff and run off, leaving Judy alone with a frown, sometimes she wonder why he is always like this. The bell ring as students get their bags and books out of their locker. By Varian locker, Hiro and Tom eat a small breakfast as they hear Varian rant.)

Varian: I can't believe it! I got her to remember me, and I just have to blubber on like a idiot!! There goes my one chance of her noticing me!! She must think I'm a idiot too!!

Hiro: Oh please, Judy's not like that.

Tom: Yeah, that girl don't have a bad bone in her. Well, except when she kicked those bullies asses. They're more scared of her than they are of the principal.

Varian: I am scared she'll do the same to me.

Hiro: Relax, she's not going to hurt you. She's too sweet as her mom's baking to hurt you.

Varian: (lovestruck sigh) Yeah, she's so sweet I would kill to have her. (Frown) But if I keep this up, I won't. (Close his locker)

(The bell ring again as classes are starting. In Mr. Once-ler class, the students took their seat. Varian sit in the front with his two friends by him. He look behind and see Judy sitting in the back as always, he frown of this, he know she never like attention at this age. As Mr. Once-ler took a sit, he made a announce.)

Once-ler: Student, I hate to inform this. But last night, we lost one of our student Johnny. He was killed in a gun accident in the Ace Rouge concert.

Student: (gasp)

Once-ler: I know it's been tough with the gun violence and several crimes been happening in Cartoonaroll, but as well as law cases on hold while it continued on.

Varian: So it's gonna keep getting worse and more worse till there's no one on this land? This isn't right.

Hiro: Varian..

Tom: He's going into his justice mode again..

Varian: I mean come on, we can't just let it slip. We lost a student already, soon we can lose more even our teachers too. It's not right!

Once-ler: Mr. Corona, I understand how mad you are as the son of the police officer, but with the justice system Mayor Mickey decide on, there's nothing we can do.

Varian: Nothing we can do?

(He inhale his anger, and feel his fist grip tight. Judy watches from her sit, confused of this. Varian stood up from his sit, walk to the front and stood still before looking up.)

Varian: (sing) Where is the justice?

When the guilty all go free?

Why don't we lock them up and throw away the key?

Once-ler: (sing) I seen a young's man anger

Burning in your eyes

Varian: (sing) What you see is my impatience

With your noble compromise

(He turn to Mr. Once-ler, facing him.)

Varian: (sing) Show me what's right about the wrong that we allow

Real people need to feel protected here and now

This whole damn system broken way beyond repair

It's just law, not law and order

Not much good and seldom fair

Once-ler: (sing) Laws are made for everyone

We're treated all the same

Varian: (sing) Till a lawyer's tricks can fix the blame

(He turn and point at the students, as if mentioning him of them and their family.)

Varian: (sing) What about the victims?

Waiting for some justice?

How can we turn away and say that's just the way things are

(He look at Mr. Once-ler.)

Varian: (sing) What about the families?

Hiding in their house?

All of them afraid to walk the streets at night

With all their doors locked tight

Tell me where is the justice?

If there's any justice

(Tom and Hiro looked at each other, they know Varian is not the type to turn any help away if it mean trying to bend the law.)

Once-ler: (sing) Your simple arguments have all been made before

The world's not black and white

The choice's not either or

Varian: (sing) Perhaps it's time we drain the color from it then

Till we're back to seeing black and white

And wrong and right again

Once-ler: (sing) Overwrought pronouncements won't improve the paradigm

Varian: (sing) Till lawyers cutting deals becomes a crime

Varian and the students: (sing) Let the corporations

Make the regulations

Varian: (sing) And hold no one accountable

When everything goes wrong

Varian and the students: (sing) Let the rich and famous

Get away with murder

Everything a high-priced mouthpiece start to talk

His client gets to walk

Varian: (sing) Tell me where is the justice?

If there's any justice

Students: (sing) Tell me where

Varian: (sing) Where is the justice?

Students: (sing) Tell me where

Varian: (sing) For all the victims

Students: (sing) Tell me where

Varian: (sing) Where is the justice?

What good is law that punish those who break it?

Connie: (sing) The politicians make their speeches all day long

While judges pushing pencils mostly get it wrong

Dipper: (sing) Instead of loopholes for the law to fall between

Let some good-old fashioned pay-back grease the wheels of the machine

Varian: (sing) Isn't everybody sick to death of all this stuff?

Can't we all stand up and say enough?

(Judy watches, feeling unease of what Varian's thought of this. She doesn't like the thought of killing, sure she use karate to defend herself, but never a killer herself. She turn away, staring at the window with her arms wrap around her knees.)

Varian: (sing) Listen to the families

Hiding in their house

All of them afraid to walk the streets at night

With all their doors lock tight!

We must give them their justice

All: (sing) Where is the justice?

Varian: (sing) We owe them some justice!

All: (sing) Where is the justice?

Where is the justice?!!

( Then the bell rings, signaling the students to go to their next class. Judy leave early than the others, looking down. Her two best friends, Star and Mabel catch up with her. They walk together.)

Star: Wow, who would have thought that guy have guts of this.

Mabel: Yeah, so cool. (Star eyes)

Judy: I don't know. What he said kinda scared a me.

Star: Wha?

Judy: (turn to them) I know this crime and kill are going bad, so bad the polices are trying their best to save us and all lawyers are paid to post bail and avoid more drama.

(As Varian is heading to his next class, he stop and heard Judy talking. He hide and hear her.)

Judy: But, I rather not see any kill than more drama. Cartoonaroll is suppose to be a safe places for toons, and everyone is talking about moving away. I wish there was a way to solve this than using use of violence.

Star: Judy, I know how hard it is and all. But not everything is all rainbows and unicorns.

Judy: (blush) But-But..

Mabel: Yeah. So what if things are getting bad? Doesn't mean things are going to end. You're being  a little scared cause you're so soft.

Judy: I-I'm sorry.

Star: Don't be! You just need to relax and leave the crime stopping to the grown ups. Now come on.

(The girls head to their classes. Varian walked out of his hiding place, with Judy's words in his head. A way to solve the problem without use of violence? It's the same way he wanted, perhaps if he talk to his dad about it, maybe he can finally have Judy with him.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631 16 10
Hugo, an obsessed history buff, finds a way to travel back in time to 16th century Corona so he can do more in depth research for his PhD. After camp...
5.2K 116 25
When the Saporains threaten to destroy Corona once more, the Royal family willingly gives themselves up to protect Corona, leaving the Kingdom in a s...
130K 2.9K 34
This is my take on the idea of a Varian spin-off series of Tangled: The Series/Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure. The AU was presented to Disney by storyb...