The Devil Dancer

By minxyara

REMINDER: PLEASE READ AUTHOR'S NOTE BEFORE YOU START READING My name is Lalisa and I have a confession to mak... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
intermission
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty: Final

Chapter Twenty Eight

6.5K 406 92
By minxyara

Short Recap: Taehyung brought Lisa to a ball where she had a small fight with Jungkook's rumored girlfriend and got blindsided by the guy himself afterwards. She finally exposed half of what's going on to her roommates (the elites, her scholarship, etc) and proceeded to develop a love hate relationship with Jungkook. Soon enough, she found out that she got casted as the main role of a play together with him where they quarrelled resulting to Jungkook getting his head hit by a step ladder and finally died due to blood loss.

Jk.

He's still alive. Or does he, really?

***

Taehyung: Don't let them call his father.

I stared at Taehyung's message that was sent to me six hours ago in silence before letting out a deep sigh, my eyes then lifting towards the unconscious body laying on the bed before me.

Six hours.

That was how long I've been sitting here in the infirmary swimming in my own little pool of guilt as I waited for Taehyung and Jimin to arrive.

To be honest, I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to be here considering how things went down just now but after receiving Taehyung's text, I realized that I probably owed him a little bit for saving my life.

But now that I think it back, I may have overreacted a little bit in that room. Okay, I overreacted a lot. I mean, half of his words were actually true about me not being serious during our rehearsal which was partially his fault since he keep distracting me with his amazing eyes and smooth voice but that's not the point.

Plus its not like I can just go straight to him and say, 'Hey Jungkook, my hormones are actually going through a rage at the moment so try to tone it down a bit, yeah?'

Hah. Never in a million years.

He had tried to pick a fight with me, and I had given in.

The cut wasn't really that deep - thank God because I surely will be living with remorse forever, but he did get patched up with a few layers of stitches which sure looked painful as hell.

Glancing at the door on my left, I suddenly felt like getting some fresh air and was about to stand up when I heard a low groan from behind me.

"Fuck. What time is it now?"

Turning my head around slowly, I took in the sight of a half awake Jungkook scrunching up his face in distaste as he looked around the bed and crossed both of my arms together.

"Seriously? You just got needles going through your head and you want to know what time is it now?", I asked with one eyebrow raised.

At the sound of my voice, Jungkook snapped his eyes open fully before whipping his head towards me as if he just realized I was there in the first place.

Huh, this is very awkward.

Noting the somewhat confused expression on his face, I cleared my throat. "Somewhere past 4 pm I think."

"Huh?", he furrowed his eyebrows in question.

"The time."

"Oh.", and then I watched as he clutched at the bandage on his forehead again, "God."

His face doesn't show agony nor pain but I decided to ask anyway for safety measures, "Does it hurt a lot?"

The guy just shot me an annoyed look before snapping, "What do you think?"

Sheesh, so much for being civil.

I swear this guy should be grateful that he's injured or else he would've had a taste of my anger already.

I was busy calming myself down that I didn't expect him to add softly, "Yeah, it hurts like hell actually."

Lifting my gaze towards his face in surprise, I finally had the chance to fully take in how worn out and exhausted he actually looked at the moment and began clearing my throat.

"Thanks.", I blurted out quickly.

The confused expression appeared again on his face, "For what?"

"Well, after all you kind of did me a favor back there."

"Why would I want to help you?"

Yeah right. Why would the perfect Jungkook would want to help a nobody like me?

I ignored the little twinge of pain inside my chest at the incredulous note in his voice and instead prepared my impassive face just as he took me by surprise again by suddenly saying, "I'm sorry."

I kind of know what he's getting at but decided to ask anyway, "For what?"

"For Friday night. For what I said this afternoon."

Wow. Jeon Jungkook is really apologizing to me without any ulterior motives?

Sensing the awkward atmosphere that was beginning to build around us, I pretended to mull his words over jokingly, "Hmm let's see.. How about that time when you choked me until I passed out?"

I then proceeded to shoot him what I hoped looked like a playful grin only to register his serious face, "Hey, I was just joking-"

He immediately cut me off, "No you're right. I shouldn't have attacked you like that, really. Its just that I panicked so much I acted without thinking first."

Oh God. Jerk Jungkook I can handle. Hot Jungkook I can handle. But Nice Jungkook?

Pretty sure I would've been 6 feet under if he ever talks gently like this to me from the start.

Gulping slowly, I resisted the urge to fan my probably flushed skin and instead questioned him, "But why would you even panic in the first place though?"

"Its...", he stared down at the floor in silence for a while, "Nothing. But just know that I'm sorry alright?"

"I'll think about it first."

He shot me an unimpressed look.

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay okay, sure you're forgiven.", I waved my hand in dismissal towards him begrudgingly.

When I heard him let out a relieved sigh, I quickly added, "But I'm serious though, if you dare to start any kind of shit with me again, you're dead."

I was hoping that he would at least show some signs of fear at the warning but all the guy did was shrug nonchalantly.

Jerk.

And then when I thought that we're finished there, he suddenly held out his hand that wasn't attached to the IV drip towards me, "Truce?"

I glanced down at his extended hand with raised eyebrows before looking back at his expectant face.

Wait a minute. Is this really happening? We're really going to start treating each other like normal human beings after this?

Realizing that I should not think way too deep into this, I carefully take his hand and lifted my eyes towards his beautiful ones.

"Truce."

After that Jungkook did something that actually made my heart stop for a few seconds.

He smiled at me.

Fucking smiled.

Its the kind of smile where your whole lips were stretching your cheeks so widely it looked like it hurts but you don't really care because you're feeling good.

And it feels like that time when he taught me the right way to twirl in Mr Kim's house all over again.

Only this time, I realized something.

I may have some feelings for Jungkook after all.

Fuck.

***

Author's Note: Its been too long since I last update that I feel like I've lost my writing skills lmao anyways this is a short chapter but no worries my dear for long ones are coming through 😜

Also hello to new readers!

Oh and, hi Mom. If you're reading this, please know that I don't even swear that much in real life so don't kill me yet I still love my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 466 30
Lisa is a bunch of insecurities that she's not aware of, she just think she's stupid. It was pretty easy for her to know the rest of her classmates...
13K 393 17
A Liskook short story AU. When Lalisa Manobal pursues Jeon Jungkook, the Campus Heartthrob. "Watch as I make you fall for me." Copyright ©️ Queen LK...
714K 6.4K 96
@harrystyles is now following you!
101K 3.4K 15
When superstars groups BTS and BLACKPINK accidently rent the same beach house for the summer, Jeon Jungkook hopes he can finally get close to his ult...