TREACHEROUS

By Darraneica

Lucille "Lucky" Holmes was just an ordinary girl who lived in the projects that resided in the heart of Harle... More

GRAMMAR
Copyright 2016
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-TWO

TWENTY-ONE

134K 3.6K 14K
By Darraneica

Let's pretend like it's a year and some months...since Lucky said a year and some months to Seven.

•••
Lucky sighed while reaching over to turn the radio down. Bliss furrowed her eyebrows, but she didn't say anything. She knew that Lucky wasn't in the mood to be singing and shit. Silas was laying up in a hospital bed-hanging on to his life.

Kolby had informed Lucky about Silas getting badly injured, but she wasn't able to leave until the next day. She had been calling Kolby about Silas, but it was always the same old line.

He's stable. He's stable. He's stable.

Now, she was able to get Bliss to take her to Philly-thank God her friend had a good-working car. Briana and Seven decided to tag along as well. They were sitting in the back together singing and shit-getting on Lucky's last nerve.

"Rude. I was listening to that." Briana spoke up while looking at her sister.

"I don't want to hear all of that right now. I got way too much on my mind." Lucky replied while rubbing her aching eyes.

"I'm sure Silas is straight." Bliss reasoned, trying to lighten up the mood.

Lucky shook her head. "He's stable. That's all they're saying right now. He got shot multiple times and ended up in a bad car accident. I don't know what to think right now."

"You said you was over him. Why are you going way out here to see him anyways?" Seven asked nosily while wrinkling her nose.

"Seven...now is not the time." Bliss stated. She knew that Lucky wasn't in the mood for playing around. Lucky would probably punch Seven in her mouth for fucking with her.

"I'm just asking." Seven replied back while holding her hands out. "The other day she was ranting and saying fuck that nigga."

Lucky rolled her eyes upwards. "I don't really feel the need to explain myself to you, but I'm going to break it down since you've always had learning problems."

She bit her bottom lip before explaining, "That's just how I cope with my feelings towards him. I'm not the type to cry in front of people and express my feelings-hell its hard for me to do that. Just because I scream 'fuck that nigga' doesn't mean I really don't care about him. I love Silas-he's the first guy I've ever fallen for."

Everybody was shook-they weren't expecting Lucky to just up and spill her feelings out like that. Bliss glanced over at her since she was driving. Both Briana and Seven were both exchanging looks as well.

"I just...don't want him to die. I should've gave him another chance." Lucky continued while fidgeting with her fingers. "I'm so fucking stubborn." She whispered under her breath.

Bliss reached over and placed her hand on Lucky's leg. "None of this is your fault. It seems like you're trying to blame yourself."

"Feels like it though." Lucky replied back. "He was...trying his best to get back with me. He was begging me, buying me gifts, pouring out his feelings, and I just sat there like a log in water. I didn't give a fuck. Now, I feel like he's suffering because of me. His head wasn't on straight and that's probably why somebody caught him slipping."

"It's not your fault though." Briana butted in. "Silas knows that being in the streets causes repercussions."

"He's not even in the streets like that." Lucky reasoned. "He just works for his dad-you know that."

"Well, maybe he's beefing with somebody." Seven stated, wanting to be in the conversation too.

"I don't know." Lucky shrugged her shoulders as she leaned back in her seat. "I don't even want to talk about it anymore."

•••

After making a few stops, Bliss finally made it to the hospital where Silas was being held. Lucky jumped out the car immediately and went straight in.

She strolled inside the lobby and noticed that it was quiet, cold, and empty-which was a good thing. She went up to the reception desk and noticed a white girl sitting down with the phone up to her ear.

"Be with you in a second sweetie." She mouthed while holding her index finger up. She was a milky-colored woman with red hair that was in a ponytail and green-looking eyes.

Lucky sighed and turned around. Bliss, Seven, and Briana had walked inside. They looked over at her as if she had any information on Silas. Lucky shook her head no.

"We're gonna go and sit down. Call us if you need us." Bliss announced.

Lucky just nodded her head and turned around.

"Now. How can I help you sweetie?" The receptionist asked cheerfully. She had the happiest energy that had Lucky worried.

"I uh-I need to find out which room Silas Stevenson is in." Lucky replied back.

The receptionist raised her eyebrows but she did her job and found which room Silas was residing in. Before letting her go, she had to call up to the room for permission to let Lucky up.

"Is he in ICU?" Lucky asked, raising her eyebrows. She had the room number and directions to Silas' room, but she didn't know if it was in ICU. It was her first time at the hospital.

"No ma'am, he's not."

Lucky's mouth dropped. She assumed that Silas would be in ICU since he was shot multiple times-plus he suffered from a car accident.

"A-are you sure?"

"I'm definitely sure." The lady replied back.

"Well, okay. Thanks."

•••

Nurses passed by quickly, the sounds of sneakers and crocs squeaking against the floor made Lucky cringe-she hated that particular noise. The closer she got to the room, the more nervous she became. For some reason, she was afraid to see Silas.

She was by herself since the girls decided to sit out in the waiting room. Lucky tapped on the door before opening it. Queen and another older lady was inside the room with Silas.

Lucky furrowed her eyebrows for a quick minute as she studied him. She was expecting to see Silas laid out with multiple tubes running throughout his body. Instead, he was sitting up on the bed with a tray of food beside him.

"Hey." Lucky spoke to everybody while closing the door behind her. Silas looked over at her and just stared with a scowl on his face. He was surprised to see her.

"Hey Lucky, the receptionist let me know that you were on your way up." Queen said while getting up to hug the girl. "How are you?"

"I'm Fine." Lucky responded as she quickly inhaled the sweet fumes of Queen's perfume. She probably had on that expensive shit-the kind that lingers on your skin and clothes for a few days-even after washing. "I just wanted to check on him and see how he's progressing."

"Oh he's fine. He just had to have surgery to remove a bullet in his left shoulder-that's all."

Lucky nodded her head while glancing over at Silas. He had his left shoulder all wrapped up.

"Lucky, this is my aunt-Jean." Queen pointed towards her aunty who was sitting in a chair.

"Nice to meet you." Jean spoke, showing off her pearly whites. Lucky assumed they were dentures. Besides that, the woman was okay-looking. She wasn't the prettiest thing to look at.

"You too." Lucky replied with a head nod.

"Are you from around here?"

"No...I'm from New York." Lucky answered her.

Jean just nodded her head.

"What you doing here?" Silas asked her. From the sound of his voice, she could tell that he wasn't happy to see her.

"I came to see you." Lucky replied back as she slipped him a confusing look. She didn't understand why he was being so cold towards her.

He looked her up and down coldly."For what? I don't need you checking on me. I'm good."

"Silas." Queen warned her son while tilting her head a little. Silas brushed his moms off. He wasn't bothered by her warning.

"Just leave man. You came up here for nothing-I don't want you here." He looked down at his phone while typing away.

Lucky's heart was crushed. She had a lump of nervousness in her throat and she desperately tried swallowing it down before talking. Her waterworks wanted to pour out, but she held her shit in.

"I came up here to see about you because I heard you was hurt. Kolby told me that you got shot multiple times and you ended up in a bad car accident. I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

Silas gave her a disinterested look as he studied her up and down. She was dressed simple-her hair was in a curly fro and she rocked a shirt with some denim jeans and a pair of slip-on vans.

"Lucky, All Silas has is an injured shoulder." Queen spoke up. "The back of his car is totaled since somebody ran into him when he pushed on his brakes."

Lucky nodded her head while peering over at Silas and then she looked down at her manicured nails. "I think I better go."

"Are you sure?" Queen asked raising her eyebrows. "You don't have to go."

"Yeah." Lucky looked over at Silas again, hoping he would at least say something to stop her from leaving.

"Well, be careful on the road. I heard it's suppose to rain tonight."

Lucky planned on staying in Philly anyway, she and her girls had packed a couple of outfits since they were staying for a total of two days.

"I'm staying in a hotel tonight so I'll be fine..." Lucky replied back while looking over at Jean. "It's nice to meet you."

"You too." Jean said, putting on a fake smile.

"Before you leave, I want to exchange numbers." Queen said to Lucky.
•••

"He treated me like I was shit." Lucky stated while rubbing her facial cleanser all over her face. Her curly hair was pulled up into a ponytail.

She was in the hotel bathroom with Bliss. They had one room with two beds. Lucky and Briana shared one bed-Bliss and Seven shared the other.

"What did he say?" Bliss asked, spitting her toothpaste into the sink.

"To sum it all up, he just said that he didn't want me at the hospital."

"Damn." Bliss cursed.

"Well Lucky it's partially your fault that he's angry with you." Briana butted in. She leaned on the counter with her colorful bonnet on her head.

"And how is it my fault?" Lucky asked, snaking her neck with every word.

Briana darted her eyes from left to right with an obvious expression. "Because you didn't take him back. That man begged you. He tried everything to get you back and you treated him like shit."

Lucky was quiet for a minute. She thought about what Briana had said and quickly she recovered.

"At the time, I didn't want to be with him. I was hesitating because I was scared. I know Silas and I know what he does for a living. I was thinking like this-If he puts his hands on me, he'll more than likely kill me."

"Girl, he's not going to do that to you." Bliss added.

"Silas is a nutcase." Lucky stated sternly while turning the hot water on. Everybody started laughing at her statement, but she was serious. Dead serious.

"Girl, crazy niggas got that good dick." Seven said as she strolled inside of the bathroom. She gently pulled one of Lucky's curly tendrils and smirked.

Everybody agreed to Seven's statement-even Lucky.

"Lucky. What are you mixed with? You never told us." Seven eyed her hair and said, "I'm only asking because of your hair texture."

Lucky moved her head out of the way and rolled her eyes at Seven.

"Let me guess Caucasian?" Seven inserted.

"Bitch do I look like I got white in me?" Lucky blurted out before she could think.

Yes, some white women can produce dark babies, but she wasn't one of those.

"Then what is it? Asian Indian or Native American?" Seven badgered.

"Black and Black excellence. That's what it is ." Lucky snapped.

"Right." Briana butted in while pursing her lips. Her hair texture was similar to Lucky's-curly and thick.

"I feel like everybody has beautiful hair. No matter what texture it is." Bliss remarked. "All hair is good hair."

"Bitch don't lie." Seven snapped. "Have you seen a person with them nappy ass beads in the back of their head? That shit is ugly."

Lucky shook her head. "How can hair be ugly? It's just hair. That's what's wrong with black people now, they're so hung up on dumb shit. Like skin, hair, and eyes. We keep tearing our own people down over stuff like that."

"Right." Bliss concurred with Lucky. "Shit don't make any sense."

"Well, I said what I said. You got something else in you-besides African-American. Nobody's purely black in America." Seven rolled her eyes as she left out of the bathroom.

"You should've left your friend at home. Tell her to stop being so worried about me." Lucky nudged Bliss.

Bliss smirked, "She just loves you. That's all."

"Well tell her to love me from a distance." Lucky paused and looked over at Bliss.

"Now, back to you and Silas..." Bliss trailed off.

•••

"Briana was right. It is her fault. She should've just got back with the nigga when he was trying." Seven whispered to Bliss in a low voice.

"You do understand that he was putting his hands on her, right?"

Seven sucked her teeth while sitting on the edge of the bed. Bliss was going through her clothes that she had packed.

"Come on Bliss, what's a slap or punch to the face? I mean...I've had it worse. Remember my ex-Jamal? We used to fight all the damn time and he was worse. I ended up in the hospital with a broken arm. My whole face was swollen."

Bliss screwed her face up. "No man should ever put their hands on a woman and vice versa. You stupid for even saying that shit."

"I know it's not right, but she's acting like he sent her to the hospital or something. She had it easy compared to me." Seven reasoned.

"It could get worse. I remember when you kept going back to Jamal and it got worse. You started off with a slap and a punch too."

Seven sighed.

Bliss zipped her bag up and glanced over at Seven. "Lucky loves Silas. You witnessed that back in the car. She's just scared to get back with him. You know how Gunner was doing her-beating her ass because he was insecure about every little thing. Don't do her like that."

"I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just saying. She wanna act like she don't know why he's upset with her."

"Well he should have never put his fucking hands on her. He should have never let another bitch suck his dick. He should be mad at his self-niggas always want to turn shit around and put all the blame on the women."

Lucky eyes fluttered as she moved around in the bed. She had woke up from the talking. Both Bliss and Seven was staring at her.

"What? Why y'all in my face?" Lucky asked in her throaty voice while furrowing her eyebrows.

"Nothing." Bliss said while waving her off.

"That shit is annoying." Lucky whispered under her breath while snatching the blankets off her body. She was wearing just a white tank-top with some blue boy-shorts. She got up and made her way inside the bathroom.

"Damn Lucky, your ass is fat. I mean, you've always had ass, but now it's even fatter." Seven commented.

"I don't swing that way Seven. Keep your thoughts to yourself!" Lucky yelled out.

"Bitch I don't either. I'm just complimenting you on your shape. Do you know how many box-shaped hoes that would love to have your body?"

"I know-you!".

"Fuck you, I'm not built like no box." Seven retorted while smoothing her jeans. She had the combination of medium-breasts and a grippable ass.

After Lucky finished using the bathroom, brushing her teeth and washing her face, she walked back inside of the room.

"Where's my sister?"

"She went to get some breakfast." Bliss inserted. "For everybody."

"Oh." Lucky replied while walking over towards her phone that was on the charger. She had a couple of missed calls and messages from Silas' mom, Queen.

"Cali should've came with us. It's so quiet and weird without her." Bliss pointed out.

"Yeah, we should've brought her, but Jenette wanted to keep her so Bri let her. Hold on real quick, I'm about to call Silas' mom-she called me twice, but I was sleep." Lucky remarked while putting the phone up to her ear.

"Hey, Mrs. Massari?"

"Girl, you can call me Queen or Querida if you like."

"Okay, Queen." Lucky smirked. Silas' mom was so down to earth and friendly. She had such a positive vibe. "I noticed that you called me. I was sleep."

"I'm sorry to wake you up."

"No, you're fine." Lucky said while looking over at Bliss and Seven.

"Ok. Well, I was calling to see if you wanted to go out and get some breakfast together."

"Sure...it's only 10 right now. I'll take that offer, if it's still available."

"Alright, well. Do you have a ride? I can come and pick you up." Queen asked her.

"Uh..." Lucky looked over at Bliss and shook her head. She didn't want to worry her friend about her ride, so she placed her attention back on the phone and said. "You can pick me up, if you don't mind."

"What hotel are you at?"

"I'm at Best Western."

"Oh, that's like two blocks away from the hospital. You're close."

"Right."

"Well, I'll be there in twenty minutes to give you enough time to get ready. I'll call you when I'm outside."

"Okay." Lucky ended the call and tossed her phone on the bed.

"Where you going?" Bliss asked.

"Silas' mom, Queen, is taking me out for breakfast." Lucky stated while running her fingers through her hair.

Seven wrinkled her nose, but she didn't say anything.

Bliss had an awkward look on her face. "Well...okay but your sister is out getting some food right now."

"So, she'll be alright." Lucky grabbed her bag and started rummaging through her clothes.

•••

"I want to apologize for Silas' behavior." Queen spoke as she set her tea down. She was sitting across the table from Lucky looking beautiful. "I don't know what's gotten into him."

Queen or Querida looked expensive and Lucky envied her. Her shoulder-length hair was bouncy and full of life. She was dressed in Gucci-from head to toe. You couldn't really tell-only the people who fucked with the designer labels knew and Lucky knew.

Even Queen's jewelry was icy. From her neck to her fingers. She had a gorgeous wedding ring on her left finger. Ramses was whipping her ass on the daily, but he made sure she was nice.

I'mma be like that one day, minus the ass whippings. I'mma stunt on these hoes. Lucky said to herself while swallowing her food.

"It doesn't matter. I understand why he's upset with me." Lucky replied back while picking her fork up.

Queen raised her eyebrows and looked over at Lucky before asking, "What do you mean?"

"He's mad because I didn't take him back."

Queen had a confused expression on her face.

"That's the only reason why he's acting like that." Lucky stated bluntly.

"Why you don't want to take him back?" Queen asked nosily.

"Because your son cheated on me with some random stripper and he also put his hands on me-twice. I don't want to deal with that."

Queen wasn't surprised that Silas was putting his hands on Lucky, but she was upset that he was following right into his father's footsteps. Still, she had to deal with his jealousy, insecurities, and abuse. She couldn't enjoy herself whenever she went out because he would call and text her the whole entire time.

Queen phone buzzed, letting her know that she had a text. She pulled it out and noticed that Ramses had texted her yet again-asking her if she was still out with Lucky. She rolled her eyes and stuffed her phone back into her purse.

"He put his hands on you?"

"Yeah." Lucky replied back while grabbing her orange juice. "He slapped me the first time-real hard. Then, there was another time when I left him for good and he punched me in the eye. I had to wear sunglasses for a week straight."

"Oh my God." Queen whispered under breath. Her nose flared as she studied Lucky.

"I had some parts in it too. I was hitting him also and I said some stuff that I knew would trigger him." Lucky stated.

"Still, he shouldn't have put his fucking hands on you!" Queen snapped, causing Lucky's eyes to widen. "And you shouldn't have put your hands on him."

"I know..." Lucky remarked while nodding her head.

"He's just like his sorry ass daddy." Queen blurted out before she could think. Once she realized what she had said, her eyes darted over at Lucky.

Lucky already knew that Ramses was abusive. She wasn't surprised at all. She pushed her plate away and looked over at Queen who had her fist pressed up to her mouth as she looked around. It was a couple of people inside, but not enough to draw attention.

"I know already." Lucky said to Queen while nodding her head. "You don't have to explain to me."

"I just...don't want him to be like his dad. I want him to be better-you know." Queen spoke while dabbing her eyes with a napkin. Lucky watched her awkwardly-she hated when people cried or teared up in front of her.

"I'm still going through the shit and it's draining me. Emotionally, mentally, and physically." Queen stressed out to Lucky.

"Why don't you just leave him?" Lucky asked with a shrug. She didn't understand why Queen was holding on to Ramses. Lucky assumed the woman only stayed around for the money. She knew that Ramses was a wealthy connect.

"It's not that easy. I just...can't up and leave him. He'll find me."

"Have you ever tried leaving him before?" Lucky quickly retorted back. Queen went silent and that's when Lucky shook her head.

"He'll forever treat you wrong until you show him that you're not to be played with. Leaving will show him that you're tired of him physically, mentally, and emotionally abusing you."

"If I leave he'll just end up finding me." Queen repeated as she shrugged like a teenage girl. "So..."

"So what if he finds you. Silas found me a lot of times and I still didn't give in. I didn't go back with him. You don't have to leave with Ramses if he finds you. He doesn't own you. You're a grown ass woman."

Queen nodded her head. "You're right. You're right." She sighed while looking off. Her eyes managed to travel back over at Lucky who was sipping on her orange juice.

Lucky's words gave Queen some courage. For the first time ever, Queen felt like she could be in control of her life. She felt like she could for once-stand up to her husband and let him know that she was sick and tired of being abused.

"You know what Lucky? I asked Silas about this same situation. You know with-him putting his hands on you. He avoided the question and just went on about how he loved you and how he didn't know how to treat you."

Lucky's heart fluttered as she thought about Silas. She knew that he loved her-no scratch that, she knew that he was in love with her since he had confessed it already.

"Yeah, that sounds just like him." Lucky sighed while nodding her head.

"I'm going to talk to him. He just needs to accept the fact that he messed up and you no longer want to be with him."

Lucky knew that was a lie-the part about Silas fucking up wasn't. She just didn't know if she wanted to be done with him-for good. She still had feelings for him.

Lucky was a prideful person and she took that 'I love you shit' seriously-she rarely confessed it to people. She also didn't like sharing her emotions. Still, she was surprised she had spilled out her emotions in the car with the girls-that shit had her feeling embarrassed.

Instead of objecting, she just nodded her head.

"When will he be released from the hospital?" Lucky asked Queen.

"Tomorrow. The doctors are still keeping him under their watch. For what? I don't know. I'm ready for this to be over with. There's nothing else wrong with Silas. He just has an injured shoulder. He'll be fine."

"Well, I want to ride back up there with you to see him. If that's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine." Queen trailed off while typing away on her iPhone. She sucked her teeth and said, "Denise- my friend wants to know when Silas gets out of the hospital."

Lucky curled her top lip up but Queen didn't see it. She couldn't stand Denise-simply because the bitch was screwing Silas and she was supposed to be his god mother. Lucky also didn't like her because she was still trying to fuck Silas, knowing that he was in a relationship with her(Lucky.)

"Really?"

"Yeah, she's his godmother and she just had surgery five weeks ago. She had to get one of her ovaries removed because she had a couple of cysts on it." Queen rambled on. "I told her to wait to see him, but she wants to go to the hospital now-knowing her cuts aren't healed."

"Oh...s-so she had surgery?" Lucky asked while raising her eyebrows.

I knew that bitch's reproductive system was rotten. Lucky said to herself while shaking her head.

"Yes." Queen replied.

•••

Lucky walked inside the room where Silas was surrounded by some loud-mouthed woman. Lucky placed her eyes on Silas who was frowning at her.

He wanted to know why she was there. He didn't want her at the hospital and he definitely didn't want her around his moms. He was just that upset with her.

"What y'all doing in here?" Queen asked while adjusting her purse.

"was telling Silas that he needs to watch his self. Them niggas was just hating because you was whipping that nice ass car." The loud-mouth woman assumed while placing her wireless Bluetooth around her neck. She darted her eyes over at Lucky and leered her up and down.

"Who are you?" She asked hastily.

Lucky wasn't scared or bothered by the woman. Hell, if the bitch wanted to try her she wouldn't mind whopping her ass in the hospital. She had the time and energy for it today.

"I'm Silas' ex-girlfriend-Lucky." She replied while looking the woman up and down since she did the same thing to her.

The woman was brown-skinned and she had her dyed-blonde hair cut real low. Her face features were similar to Queen's.

"Oh, really?" The lady retorted. "Well you cute. Shit, you better looking than the other broad that just left here a few minutes ago. What's her name? Oh yeah-Lela."

Lucky raised her eyebrows and glanced over at Silas who had a nonchalant expression on his face.

"She not my girlfriend." Silas finally spoke up.

"Could've fool me..." the lady trailed off. "The way she was all over you."

Queen noticed the look on Lucky's face and said, "That's enough Hazel, damn. Lucky this is my sister-Hazel."

Lucky just gave the lady a once-over. She pulled her phone out and typed away. Telling Bliss to pick her up from the hospital. When her friend texted her back with an 'Okay' she decided to leave.

"So you just gone look me up bad down with yo rude ass?" Hazel snapped at Lucky, showing off the gold in her mouth.

Lucky didn't want to snap on the woman, simply because she was old enough to be her mom. She tilted her head a little said. "You was rude to me first-asking me who I with an attitude-let's get that straight."

"Shit, I don't know you so...I had to ask you like that." Hazel retorted back, not really knowing what to say.

"Whatever..." Lucky remarked. "Queen, I'm just gonna let myself out." Lucky announced, opening the door.

"But...I thought you wanted to talk to Silas?" Queen questioned her in a low voice with a face full of concern.

Lucky shook her head as she studied Queen.

"Not anymore." She turned around and went straight out the door and closed it behind her.

Lucky made her way down the hall until she met up with Ramses-who was walking with another man. He stopped dead in his tracks and eyed her-Lucky felt awkward.

"How you doing babygirl?" He asked.

"Fine." Lucky replied back while clasping her hands. "And you?"

"I'm good." Ramses replied while glancing over at the guy who was with him. "This here is my good friend, James."

James didn't speak and neither did Lucky. They just nodded their heads at each other respectfully.

"I was just checking on Silas." She announced.

Ramses raised his eyebrows. "Oh, you're not staying?"

"He doesn't want me here-so..." she shrugged her shoulders while trailing off.

"Damn." Ramses cursed. He was glad that Silas and Lucky weren't working out. "What's going on with you two?"

Lucky shook her head while biting the inside of her bottom lip. "So much...but it's okay. It's nice seeing you, again." She told him.

"You too." He replied honestly. "I never get to see you."

"I know." She concurred.

Ramses pulled a fat roll of cash out of his pocket and handed it over to Lucky. Her eyes grew huge because she knew that the money wasn't petty. It was some big money.

"No, no I-I can't accept that. I'm sorry." She declined.

Ramses furrowed his eyebrows. "There's more where that came from. I'm good. I just want to make sure you're good. You are my Goddaughter."

Lucky looked off awkwardly, not knowing what to say.

"Here." Ramses held out the roll of money. Lucky shook her head no.

"Take it." He urged her while grabbing her hand. Gently placing the money inside. She looked down and watched as he folded her fingers over the money-making sure she had a grip on it.

"Go buy yourself something nice with it."

"Okay." Lucky replied back with a head nod.

"Take care of yourself." Ramses patted her on the shoulder and walked off with James.

•••

"You got all these chicken heads coming in and out of this room-visiting you and shit." Aunty Hazel stated while taking a seat beside Silas.

Silas darted his eyes over at the TV. Everybody was getting on his damn nerves. His injury was petty but still his family wanted to show up and be dramatic. He had aunts and uncles coming up to his room and laying hands on him-for prayer.

Four of his cousins stopped by and visited him also. They just wanted to be nosy, but Silas kept a tight lip. He wasn't saying shit.

"Ma, when they letting me out of here again? I'm ready to go."

"Tomorrow morning." Queen replied after yawning.

"You need to get some sleep. You've been up here ever since Tuesday. Go home." He urged her.

"I'm fine." Queen waved her son off. She didn't want to leave her baby in the hospital all by his self. She was scared that he would end up hurt or missing.

The door opened and in walked Ramses with his friend, James. They were dressed casually-yet wealthy. The usual. He looked over at his son and nodded his head.

Ramses had been to the hospital numerous of times to see his son, but he didn't bother to stay. He had way too much business to handle. He allowed Queen to stay instead-he knew that she would be safe. He had his people watching, but she didn't know that.

"Feeling better?" Ramses asked his son.

"I want to leave." Silas replied back, ignoring his father's question. "Get me the fuck out of here man. I'm tired of being stuck in this hospital."

"Silas, the people in here just making sure you're straight." Ramses tried reasoning with him.

"I don't care. I'm good. Now use your rep to get me out of here now." Silas retorted. He knew that his dad had both money and connection to do just about anything.

"Silas, calm down." Queen told her son. "We just can't take you out of here because your father has pull. Things don't always work that way."

Ramses narrowed her eyes at his son while walking up close to him.

"Silas, you better chill out. Or else you gone end up in the ICU fucking with Ramses." Hazel taunted while shaking her head.

"Watch that fucking tone." Ramses lectured Silas. "You get out when you get out."

Silas just took a deep breath while looking elsewhere. His mind went back on Lucky. He couldn't believe that she brought her ass way to Philly just to check on him. He felt like she could've saved her money and the trip because he didn't want to see her.

A couple of knocks startled everyone. The door opened and in walked some bulky white man. He was wearing a black suit. In his hands he carried a bunch of paperwork that was probably meant for Silas.

"Good evening, I'm Detective Rhodes."

Everybody in the room gave the detective an uncomfortable stare. He looked around with his dark brown eyes and cleared his throat.

"I uh, I came to speak with Silas Stevenson. About the incident that happened with him."

"I don't feel like answering any questions right now man." Silas dismissed the detective.

"But I need to talk to you now. I have an eyewitness who saw the whole scene and they gave me a written description of what happened."

Silas frowned. He didn't want no police detectives in his business. He was going to handle the shit by himself. He knew exactly who shot him and he was going to get that person soon.

"Obviously, my son is in pain right now detective so you have to come back tomorrow." Ramses spoke with authority while eyeing the detective with a stern look.

The detective glanced back over at Silas and nodded his head. He reached inside his pocket, pulled out a card, and handed it over to Ramses.

"I'll be back tomorrow morning." Detective Rhodes stated while walking right out.

Ramses studied the card and learned that it had Detective Rhodes' information on it. He peered over at his son and said.

"You need to get out of here today." He glanced over at his wife. "Queen, get his stuff together."

•••

"This is why I hate coming to ghetto ass food places. They take mad long yo." Seven complained while rolling her eyes. "We've been here for fifteen minutes and our number still haven't been called."

The girls agreed with her. The food in the hood was good, but the waiting time was just horrible. It was jammed packed with all kinds of black people. Even the smell was mixed with grease and other shit.

"For real though, I'm about to walk out of here." Bliss threatened.

"Why that bitch over there eyeing me?" Lucky asked openly while glancing at some girl. She kept looking at Lucky-like she knew her or something.

"Who?" Briana asked while furrowing her eyebrows.

"That light-skinned bitch over there-with the low ponytail." Lucky pointed at the girl boldly.

"You talking about that white girl?" Bliss asked.

"She's not white." Lucky objected.

"Yes she is. The bitch just tanned herself to death." Seven joked.

"I really don't care. I just want to know why she's staring at me." Lucky said while peering back over at the girl.

"Aye, you know me or something? I'm talking to you." She asked the girl boldly. A lot of people looked over at Lucky but she didn't give a fuck.

The girl didn't even bother to look Lucky's way. She grabbed her food from the counter and immediately left out.

"That was so mean." Briana told her sister with a smirk on her face.

"I really don't care. I just want to get my food and go-what's taking so long!" Lucky snapped while raising her voice a little as she slapped the counter.

People were looking at Lucky as if she'd lost her mind. When in reality, she was just upset that Silas was acting funny with her. She was taking it out on everybody-even people she didn't know.

"What's your name baby?" The owner asked. She was a heavyset lady who cooked everything and made it by scratch.

"Lucky."

"Okay Lucky, I got your food right here."

"They had our shit in the back all this time. I bet it's cold." Lucky looked over at her sister with her lips pursed.

The lady came back to the front with two plastic bags.

"About time." Lucky frowned while looking at the bags of food. The girls had ordered their food on the same ticket. They grabbed their shit and left.

"Lucky?" A voice called out.

Lucky turned around and her eyes lit up when she noticed the person standing before her.

"Wow, it's been a while since we've seen each other."

"Yeah, a long time. How you been?"

"Good. I've been good and you?"

"I'm good too. You know, I've expanded my business and shit. I got two shops now."

"That's real good Chance, I'm proud of you." Lucky stated while smirking. It had been so long since she'd seen him. He was looking better than the last time she saw him. Chance now sported a full beard and he was buffer now-she knew that he was lifting weights.

"What you been up to?" He asked.

"I moved back to New York recently and I'm staying out there with my sister. I'm just here seeing a sick friend right now." She replied. "I got my girls with me." She nodded her head over towards Bliss.

"Oh, okay." Chance rubbed both of his hands together. "You with your girls right now?"

"Yeah." Lucky looked around awkwardly. She didn't know what to say next.

"I want to see you again..." Chance blurted out. He had been looking for Lucky so he wasn't going to beat around the bush.

"For real?" Lucky asked, she had a half-smirk on her face.

"Yeah. How long are you staying out here?"

"I'm leaving out tomorrow...but I can extend my stay."

"Let me know if you do that. I want to take you out." Chance replied back.

Lucky nodded her head. "Ok, give me your number."

They both exchanged numbers and parted ways. Lucky waltzed over towards Bliss' car. She hopped in the front and closed the door. The three girls stared at her.

"What? I hate that staring shit, what?"

"Bitch who was that?" Seven asked while turning around. "He was fine with his chocolate self."

"Yeah, who is that?" Bliss butted in.

"That's uh...Chance. Some guy I know from out here."

"Chance huh?" Seven smirked.

Briana was busy typing away on her phone.

"Yeah, Chance. He wants to take me out tomorrow and I'm going with him."

"Ummm..." Bliss hummed while backing out of the parking lot. She had a perplexed expression on her face as she pulled off.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Lucky remarked, furrowing her eyebrows. "All of that ummm."

"You was just spilling your feelings out about Silas and now you're going out with another man."

"Man fuck Silas, alright?" Lucky snapped. "He don't give a fuck about me, so fuck him with a sick dick!"

Seven gaped her mouth open while glancing over at Briana.

"You're so fucking confusing." Bliss retorted back while tightening her grip on the steering wheel. "You don't know what you want."

"You're right, I was confused. I didn't know what I wanted to do with Silas because of the shit he put me through! I tried to reconcile with him-he doesn't even want to fuck with me so fuck him! I'm moving on to the next nigga!"

"If you love him-you wouldn't move on so quick-to the next nigga." Bliss mimicked her.

"It is what it is." Lucky snapped while shrugging her shoulders. "I'm not begging no nigga to be with me and I'm definitely not gonna wait around."

•••

Silas was at his parents house laid up in his old room. He wanted to leave out, but the medicine he was on had him a little drowsy. He was in pain earlier and took some prescribed narcotics.

Instead of staying in his roomy apartment, he decided to let it go and move back home. Ramses wasn't feeling it since Hadji was already back. He knew that he wouldn't be able to mistreat Queen and do what he wanted with them there. Queen, on the other hand, was glad her boys were back.

"I'm glad you're feeling better." Lela told Silas. She was just some girl that he had been talking to-she wasn't his girlfriend. He had met her at his cousin, Trout, house and they immediately started kicking it.

He had been trying to get Lucky back for the longest and he had Lela down as his backup girl. So, if Lucky didn't want him, he would have something to fall back on. Unfortunately, Lucky kept objecting him, so he was moving on to Lela.

Lela had to be around twenty-one. She was a petite looking girl. She looked as if she was still in middle school or something. Everything was small on her-which made her look young. Good thing she had a cute face-otherwise Silas wouldn't have looked her way. He really didn't fuck with younger girls-Lucky was the only one.

Lela tried wearing makeup, and getting tattoos to make her look older, but that didn't always work for her.

"So, um. I'm gonna leave. I have to pick up my mom from work." She stated, she had one of those squeaky-yet annoying voices.

"Alright." Silas replied back while touching the side of his face, wanting her to leave so he could go to sleep.

"I'm gonna go." Lela stood up and grabbed her purse.

Silas' door opened and in walked Kolby. He raised his eyebrows while eyeing the broad who was leaving out of the room. He looked over at his cousin and shook his head.

"That's not Lucky." Kolby stated while furrowing his eyebrows. "Luck way thicker than that."

Lela looked back at him and rolled her eyes as she walked away.

Silas just gave his cousin a menace stare.

"The fuck you staring at me like that for?" Kolby asked, taking a seat on the bed. "I came to see you and that's how you acting? Aight-bet."

"Fuck all that." Silas waved him off. "Why did you tell Lucky about me being in the hospital?"

"Shit, she used to be your girl. I thought you wanted her to know."

"Then you made it like I was on my deathbed and shit."

"I just thought you wanted her to know cuz." Kolby repeated, trying to reason with his cousin. "I thought she wouldn't come if I had told her that you only had an injured shoulder."

"Fuck that ho. I don't want her to know shit about me!" Silas snapped while frowning up. He was still upset with her for turning him down. He had put his pride to the side just to show her how much he loved her and she still continued to shit on him with no remorse.

"Well my bad. I didn't know."

"You should've asked me. She came up to the hospital and shit. Worrying about me. I dissed her ass and she left."

"Come on nigga..." Kolby drawled while tilting his head. "She came all the way out here to see you and you treated her like that?"

"I don't give a fuck. She treated me like shit when I went to New York to makeup with her. Fuck that ho. I bet she know how I feel now."

"Just give her a chance man. Lucky is a good girl-she's just tough. Real tough. Don't do her like that. Shorty loves you, she came all the way out here just to see your stupid ass. Yeah, she loves you."

Silas didn't say anything but his mind did wander. Kolby had him thinking. His thoughts were interrupted when his door swung open.

Queen walked in and darted her eyes over at Kolby. "Step out for a minute Kolby. Silas and I need to talk."

"Alright, aunty." Kolby did as told, closing the door behind him.

Queen looked over at her son and shook her head. Silas frowned at her.

"What ma?" He asked.

"You disappointed me." Queen stated. "I've been holding this in ever since we were at hospital. I can't believe that you're turning into your father."

"I don't know what you talking about." He shrugged her off.

"Oh you know what I'm talking about." Queen retorted. "You put your hands on Lucky-she told me that you did it. Twice."

Silas looked like a deer caught in headlights. He couldn't believe that Lucky had the nerve to open her mouth about that. She had been quiet about for a while, but now she wanted to run her mouth to his moms.

"Did she tell you why I did it? She was fucking another nigga."

"So!" Queen retorted. "That doesn't give you a reason to put your hands on her. She's a female Silas."

"Did she tell you she busted my lip and shit?" He asked, trying to put the blame on her, but the shit wasn't working.

"She did tell me that she was hitting you." Queen replied back. "And I got on her for doing that. Y'all shouldn't be putting y'all hands on each other at all. Period!"

"Mama...I apologized over and over for doing that to her. She won't let it go."

"What woman would?" Queen questioned her son. "Please don't be like your father-please Silas."

"I'm not..." he trailed off. "I just lost my cool. You know I still care about the girl. I wasn't trying to hurt her."

Queen raised her eyebrows. "I think you two need to sit down and have a talk."

Silas just shook his head while looking elsewhere. He wasn't even tying to hear that shit.

•••

"You should've seen the look on that Asian lady's face when I told her that I wanted to stay another night." Bliss announced while pushing her credit card back into her purse. "She was hyppped-too happy."

"Oh, yeah?" Lucky said while covering her full lips with some gloss. She was busy getting ready for a day-out with Chance. He had sent her a text message and asked if he could take her out and she said yes.

"Okay bitch. You look good." Bliss stated while eyeing her friend.

Lucky had half of her hair in a curly bun and the back was down and curly. She wore a ribbed top with some black jeans that looked good on her.

"Really? My outfit is too simple though. Don't you think?"

"Girl no. You look cute."

"Thank you B." Lucky threw her arm around her friend's neck and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Bliss squinted her eyes. "That top and them jeans came from Fashion Nova huh?"

Lucky smirked. "How'd you know?"

"Bitch I was gone get that same top, but I didn't."

Lucky playfully rolled her eyes and walked out of the bathroom. "Whatever."

"I'm serious Luck. That same top, I was gonna get."

Lucky looked over at Seven who was knocked out-she had been sleep for a minute. Everybody knew that she was a pill-head. She would pop a couple of percs and go straight to sleep-it was the usual for her.

Briana was on the edge of the bed with her phone up. She was busy FaceTiming Cali who was sitting in her great-grandmother's lap. She had her little face all in the camera, trying to get to her mommy.

"I'm coming home real soon." Briana told her baby. "I love you."

"Yeah, Calibug." Lucky butted in while looking at the camera. She gasped when she noticed her niece putting on the biggest smile for her. "Hey!" She cooed to her.

Cali kept trying to get to them through the camera, but it was impossible so she started whining. Jennette had to end the call since the baby started cutting up.

"I'm ready to go home. I want my baby." Briana stated while folding her arms. "The only reason you extended the stay because you want to be boo'd up with some nigga you don't even know."

"Shut up." Lucky replied back simply while grabbing her purse. "I do know Chance."

"You just want me to shut up because I'm telling the truth."

"Yeah, I can't be missing work and shit Luck. You can't either-hell we all can't. I say we leave early tomorrow morning. I have to be at work later on that night." Bliss concurred.

"Yeah, whatever." Lucky rolled her eyes. She had forgotten all about her job at Walmart. She requested to be off for a couple of days and was granted that.

"Are you serious about...this Chance guy?" Bliss asked her.

Lucky frowned at her friend. "He's not my man. He's just a friend who's taking me out to have a good time. That's all."

"Umhm." Briana hummed, not believing her sister.

"If you're serious about making shit work between you and Silas then I suggest you get your shit together. Put your pride to the fucking side and stop all of this nonsense." Bliss said sternly. "Like seeing other niggas."

"I'm done trying to work things out with him." Lucky stated while blinking her eyes. She had the most serious expression on her face.

"This shit is so funny to me. It-it really is." Bliss commented while shaking her head. "The both of you have sooo much pride. You two obviously want each other, but y'all don't have the balls to actually put your pride to the side and talk everything out-in order to make the relationship work."

"I mean...Silas did put his feelings to the side for you, but he went right back into that pride stage. As for you, you never put your feelings to the side. I've only witnessed it once, when we was in the car. Still, you won't give in to Silas because you're too damn stubborn." Bliss added.

Lucky had a nonchalant expression on her face. Clearly, she didn't care about what Bliss was saying, she was still going to do what she wanted. She didn't give a fuck about all of that.

"Do me a favor Bliss? Stay out of my business." Lucky gave her the nastiest look and rolled her eyes as she went for the door.

"Alright. Do you then. Do you. You're playing a dangerous game." Bliss replied back. She was only trying to look out for her girl. She knew that Lucky loved Silas-hell they all knew. Lucky was just reacting negatively because he had dissed her at the hospital.

•••

"I'm not old enough to drink. You know that?" Lucky asked Chance while looking around cautiously.

Chance smirked. "You good. I got you."

Lucky had an awkward look on her face as she continued to look around. She was at a vineyard surrounded by strangers and all kinds of wine.

"You cool?"

"Yeah, I'm just not used to be around so many bougie black people." She remarked while darting her eyes left and right slowly.

"Yo, you serious?" Chance asked, laughing at her.

"Hell yeah." Lucky replied while pulling a green grape from the vine. One of the servers had sat a large tray filled with all kinds of fruits, cheeses, and crackers.

"Try all these of these together. The cracker, the cheese, and the strawberry. Shit is good." Chance told Lucky while instructing her.

Lucky did as told and tasted all three together, the sweet and saltiness was good to her. "Hmm...that is good."

"See." Chance smirked. "Now let's try it with this wine. I got something easy for you."

Lucky just sat there chewing on her food and watching Chance pour some red wine into the glasses. She liked him-he was way different from Silas. He was more romantic.

Chance wasn't no thug. He was tatted up, but that didn't make a man a thug-he just loved his ink. Lucky liked him because he was more gentle with her. He opened doors for her and pulled out her chairs-she loved it. Silas didn't do shit like that with his rude ass.

"Try this."

Lucky grabbed the glass and tasted a little of the wine. She furrowed her eyebrows while sucking on her tongue, trying to see if she liked the wine or not.

"This is good. I like it." She opined while sipping some more.

"Yeah, I love this shit right here. Cabernet is the way for me." Chance stated while downing the rest of his wine. He placed his glass down and looked over at Lucky who was stuffing her mouth with food.

"Don't get too full, I'm still taking you out to eat."

"I'm trying not to." Lucky replied while swallowing her food. "All of this is just so good."

"It's aight." Chance replied back while rubbing his hands together. "Say, you still seeing that nigga?"

Lucky frowned. "Who?"

"You know. The one that kept coming in between us."

"You're talking about Silas?" Lucky asked, raising her eyebrows.

"I guess so-the cockblockin' ass nigga. He stayed in the way. He wouldn't even let me near you."

Lucky smirked while shaking her head. "I remember that." Silas stayed on her ass. She couldn't date no nigga because he was always putting a stop to it.

"Did y'all ever date?"

Lucky nodded her head and said, "Yes."

"See, I knew that nigga liked you. That's why he was acting like that. He wanted you all to his self. "

"Well now were just acquaintances due to the shit he put me through. I really don't want to talk about it though."

Chance waved her off. "You don't have to."

Lucky was just about to say something else but her phone started ringing. She looked over at Chance before pulling her phone out. She noticed that Queen was calling her-for what? She didn't know.

Instead of answering, she declined the call and slid her phone back inside her purse. "My bad. It was just one of those dumb ass bill collectors."

"You gotta start block em' shorty." Chance schooled her.

"That won't do any good. They'll just call from another number." She replied back while holding out her wine glass. Chance grabbed the wine bottle and poured some more into her glass.

Her phone buzzed and made a little noise once again. Lucky gulped the wine down, sighed and looked back over at Chance. She pulled her phone back out and noticed that Queen had left her a message.

Querida: I was calling to see if you wanted to come over to my house. Silas is out of the hospital now. Maybe you can come over and try to straighten things out with him.

Lucky's fingers moved swiftly across her iPhone screen.

Lucky: Silas and I are done. He doesn't want me near him. He don't even want to talk to me. I'm not about to humiliate myself again.

Querida: Okay, I can understand that.

"I'm sorry...it was just my sister this time." Lucky lied once again while gliding her eyes all over Chance. He was sitting across from her with his fine chocolate self.

•••

"What's upppp!" Lucky serenaded badly while walking inside the hotel room. Nobody was inside, which made her tilt her head a little. She looked around and called out everybody's name-including Seven. Unfortunately, she didn't get an answer.

She dropped her things on the bed and flopped right beside it. Lucky pulled out her phone, dialed Briana's number and was greeted by her sister.

"Where y'all at?" Lucky asked.

"Bliss took us to this Miguel concert." Briana stated, the background was noisy.

Lucky gaped her mouth open. She couldn't believe that Bliss had skipped over her like that. Luck was a real Miguel fan-she loved him.

"That bitch got y'all tickets and not me?" Lucky asked with hatred in her voice.

"You too busy going on dates and shit. Plus, she bought these tickets days ago. She thought you would be too occupied with Silas to go."

Lucky sucked her teeth while rolling her eyes upward.

"Yeah, whatever." Lucky ended the call and tossed her phone on the bed. She palmed her face as her thoughts raced around in her head. She had so much shit on her mind.

"Bliss is right. Maybe I should just put my pride to the side and get my man back. Fuck what he talking about." Lucky said to herself while pulling her denim jacket off. It was kind of chilly outside so she had to put it on.

"But...Chance. He's romantic, nice, fun, and he has manners." She continued wile weighing her options. She liked Chance but she was still in love with Silas.

"I'm gonna go...over there." Lucky said while grabbing he phone off the bed. She hit Queen with a quick message, asking her if she could pick her up. She had been out all day with Chance and now it was dark. Lucky was hoping the woman wasn't in the bed.

Queen would have to ask her husband if she could pick Lucky up. He would more than likely say no.

Lucky hopped inside of the shower just Incase Queen said yes. She didn't want to go over there smelling like sweat and a million different places-she had been out all day and it was kind of hot.
•••

Ramses told Queen she couldn't go out at night to pick up nobody. He really didn't want Lucky over here with Silas. He knew that they would have a chance to reconcile and he didn't want that. Hadji stepped up and told his dad that he would drive his mom instead-that turned things around.

Lucky walked outside and noticed Queen's Cadillac parked outside. She also noticed that Hadji was on the drivers side and Queen was on the passenger side. She hopped in the backseat and gave Queen a smirk since she looked at her.

"Hey Hadji."

Hadji looked over at Lucky and nodded his head. "What's up?"

"Nothing...as you can see." She replied back.

"Yo, what you do to my brother Luck?" Hadji asked, steering the wheel. Queen looked over at him and frowned.

Lucky furrowed her eyebrows. "Nothing. Why you asking me that?"

"Nigga been acting all moody lately. Like he got a period or something." He replied back.

"I didn't do nothing. I just went up to the hospital to see him. He didn't want me there so I left. We really didn't get the chance to talk."

Hadji only nodded his head. He still had a little crush on Lucky or whatever. Seeing her now only made him like her more.

•••

"This house is so beautiful." Lucky stated, swooning over the Mediterranean-styled home. Ramses had his family set up in a prestigious area. The house had six bedrooms and four baths.

Everything was neat-from the outside to the inside. The greenery grass was manicured and well-kept and the inside was very neat as well-thanks to Queen.

They made their way inside and was greeted by Ramses who was wearing a shirt and pants that looked like it was made of silk. He was even smoking on a cigar. He had the nerves to stand in the archway of the door-blocking it.

"Hey, Ramses." Lucky greeted while running her fingers through her curly mane.

He nodded his head. "I guess you're spending the night with us huh?"

"No, actually I was going to get my girl to pick me up."

"You might as well stay. It's going on eleven anyway."

Lucky looked over at Queen and then she glanced back over at Ramses and nodded her head.

After chopping it up with Ramses, Lucky made her way towards Silas' room. She was a little nervous to see his face-especially after the way he treated her at the hospital. She didn't know what he was going to say or do when she opened his room door.

Instead of drowning in her thoughts, she twisted the knob on the door and pushed it open. Silas was sitting on the edge of his bed with his earbuds in.

His room was huge and everything was clean. He had a big ass bed sitting in the center of his room. Everything was just blue and grey. He only had a picture of some young woman on his wall. Lucky assumed it was one of his grandmothers.

Silas felt the cold wind from the door swinging open and peered over at Lucky who was standing there awkwardly. She closed the door behind her and cleared her throat.

"What you doing here?" He asked her in a low voice while snatching one of his earbuds out.

"I came to see you." Lucky replied back, walking up close to him. "We need to talk about us."

"We talked about us already, remember? You said you wasn't giving me another chance and I told you that I would leave you alone-for good."

"I know." Lucky replied back while fidgeting with her fingers. "I was just being stubborn..."

Silas didn't say anything, he only placed his attention on his TV that was on the wall.

"I want us to work our differences out."

"Oh." Silas chuckled a little. "So I'm on your time now?"

"I wasn't ready then." Lucky stressed out. "You was pressuring me to get back with you. Now, I had time to actually think about it."

"You switched up because you thought I was half-dead." Silas commented. "That's why you changed your mind-be real."

"That's half the reason-so yeah." Lucky agreed honestly. "I just...I was scared and I thought you were dead-thanks to Kolby."

Silas just sat there and listened to her talk.

"It made me realize that I do love you and I don't want to lose you." She spilled, feeling awkward.

He raised his head and looked over at her.

"I tried telling myself that I didn't because of the shit you put me through but-I do love you." A lone tear ran down Lucky's cheek as she started sniffling.

Still, Silas managed to keep a straight face. Obviously, he wasn't moved by Lucky's crying.

"You told my mom about what happened between you and me, huh? That's what you doing now? Running your mouth?"

Lucky knew that he was talking about the abuse.

"I only told her because I felt like she needed to know. Plus, I was upset about you dissing me at the hospital."

"This shit." Silas drawled while shaking his head.

"She was going to find out sooner or later. There's no need for you to get upset about it."

Silas ignored her so she sighed while standing by his door. He actually started doing his own thing. He didn't even have the guts to offer Lucky a chair or the bed to sit on.

She took a deep breath and said. "I'll just catch a cab and go back to the hotel."

Silas ignored her until he heard her hand on the doorknob.

"Come here man." Silas instructed while using his head for a signal. Lucky walked over slowly and stood in between his legs.

For some reason, she felt way too shy to look at his face. So she looked down at her fingers instead. Silas studied her and noticed how beautiful she was. Her natural curly hair covered her round, chocolate face.

"I'm up here." Silas stated while furrowing his eyebrows. He couldn't believe that Lucky was acting like that. She was acting so vulnerable and shit.

"I was upset about you telling my moms but I'm over it now. I'm just glad that shit is off my chest. I didn't want to tell her because I knew it would hurt her."

Lucky just stood there looking at him.

"My moms don't want me to be like my pops and I'm sure you know that by now."

"Yeah." Lucky nodded her head.

Silas used his hand to move her curly mane from her face. Her eyes fluttered from his touch.

He licked his lips and said, "Look, Luck. I apologize for dissing you in the hospital like that. I was wrong. You came all the way out here just to see a nigga. I'm thankful for that."

"You know we both got pride but you got too much pride." Silas added. "More than I do."

Lucky just nodded her head while looking off. She knew it was true.

"We need to get our shit together." Silas stated.

Lucky just silently agreed with him. She wasn't ready to give up on him.

They gazed into each other's eyes, not saying a word. Just gawking at each other lustfully. Silas leaned over slowly and pressed his lips against Lucky's. She never pulled back-she pushed further into the kiss.

Silas deepened the kiss by parting her lips and she welcomed him in. Their warm tongues dance upon one another as their hands roamed all over each other.

Silas ran his hand up her shirt and unbuttoned her bra. Lucky pulled away from his kiss and looked at him.

"We can't fuck in here." She whispered while looking at the door. "And what about your shoulder? You just had a bullet removed. I don't want to hurt you."

Silas sucked his teeth. "My people don't give a fuck." He moved Lucky out of the way and stood up to lock his door.

"And as for my shoulder, I'm good. That's the only thing Injured-my dick still work."

Lucky looked up at him since he was tall and slim-6'6 to be exact. She wrapped her arms around his torso and stood on her tippy toes to meet him halfway for a kiss.

Silas grabbed her shirt and pulled it off-along with her burgundy bra. He leaned over and took one of her hard nipples in his mouth. She reclined her head back and gaped her mouth open.

She was already wet-like so wet that she could feel her panties becoming saturated with her juices. Him touching and sucking on her body just made it worse.

She pulled back from Silas, pushed him on the bed, and removed the rest of her clothes. Silas managed to pull his gym shorts and boxers down. He showed off what God had blessed him with.

Lucky stood there with her thick body and Silas admired every inch of her. She was perfect in his eyesight and that alone had him hard as steel.

She crawled on him and got on top of his dick. Slowly, she took him inches by inches-trying her best to take him. It had been a while since they had sex. Yes, she was fucking Tommy, but his dick was small compared to Silas.

"Fuck... I miss this dick." Lucky moaned under breath as she moved her body like fluid-going back and forth. She swiveled and swirled on his rod rapidly.

Silas moaned softly while roaming his hand over her body. Her big hair covered her face, but he could see her mouth gaping and closing.

Silas had fucked a couple of women and Lucky had fucked Tommy. The sex was good to them, but THEIR SEX TOGETHER was FANTASTIC. It was just something about them making love to each other.

•••

Lucky was laying in bed with Silas. The blanket covered half of her naked body since she was hot. She ran her hand across Silas' stomach and leaned over to kiss his shoulder.

"I'm surprised your mom didn't come in here to check on us."

Silas yawned. "She's probably sleep. It's a little after one."

"Right..." Lucky concurred while sighing. "I'm so glad you're okay. I thought had lost you."

"I'm not going no where girl."

"Good..." Lucky stated while closing her eyes as he hugged him tighter. She was tired and needed the sleep. Silas peered over at her and noticed that she was falling asleep. He placed a kiss on her forehead and looked up toward his ceiling.

A few minutes later, Lucky's phone started ringing. Silas ignored it and tried going back to sleep. The back to back calls kept going on for five minutes straight so Silas woke Lucky up.

"Get your phone. Obviously it's important. Whoever it is keeps calling." Silas said with a little attitude. He was assuming it was a nigga calling.

Lucky sucked her teeth while leaning down to grab her purse. She pulled her phone out and noticed the missing calls from Briana.

"Bri called me almost twenty times." Lucky stated in her sleepy voice. She quickly called her sister back and placed the phone up to her ear.

"Luckyyyy." Briana cried loudly into the phone.

Lucky furrowed her eyebrows. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Lucky." Briana continued to cry, she sounded like she was out of breath. "I need youuuu!" She cried harder.

"Please...tell me what's wrong? What happened?"

"He killed her Lucky! He killed my baabyyyyy." Briana cried out.

Lucky's heart dropped as she tried to put everything together. She touched her head as she stood there naked. Silas watched her with concern.

"Wait a minute." Lucky said in a low voice.

"CALEB KILLED CALI!" Briana screamed. "HE TOOK MY BABY AWAY FROM ME!"

"Oh my God!" Lucky yelled while placing her hand over her mouth. She dropped down to the floor and started crying out.

"What's wrong? What happened?" Silas came to her rescue and held her up.

Lucky couldn't even get her words out as she cried hard.

Silas held a weeping Lucky in his arms. His injured shoulder was starting to throb from lifting up on her. "Come on Luck, you have to tell me what's wrong."

"Caleb-Briana said that he-he killed Cali." She managed to say as tears cascaded down her face.

That made Silas mad and it broke his heart at the same time. The baby was innocent so whatever shit Briana and Caleb had going on was between them-not Cali.

"What the fuck?" Silas frowned. "That nigga killed his own baby?"

"Yes." Lucky answered while wiping away her tears. "I got to get to my sister. I got to goooo." She continued to cry.

A knock on the door door grabbed their attention.

"Yo, hold up!" Sikas called out and instructed Lucky to put her clothes back on.

"It's your mother." Queen replied back.

"Alright."

Lucky got dressed quickly and Silas unlocked the door for his mom. She walked inside and noticed Lucky wiping her face.

Queen was about to assume that Silas and put his hands back on Lucky, but he informed her that Lucky's niece was murdered.

"We need to get you back home." Queen stated she held Lucky in her arms, trying to console her.

"I'mma take her." Silas informed his mom.

"But...what about your shoulder?" Queen asked her son with concern.

"I'm straight." Silas replied back while looking over at Lucky. "Tell Bliss and your sister to leave and go back to New York without you. You'll catch them there."

Lucky wanted to be with her sister, but she followed Silas' instructions instead. She called Briana and informed her that she was catching Silas back to New York.

•••

TO BE CONTINUED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247 4 29
Linda just recently moved to live with her dad. She thought of her whole situation as starting new since her mother had other plans. Well, all she pl...
4.3K 62 10
She left a normal life to live a life underground. Was it the right choice for her or are her friends worried?
492K 6.2K 35
A 17 year old girl, named Camille Edwards and her mom and dad lives in a dangerous-ghetto neighborhood. Her mother is a crack fiend, and her father i...
2.1K 58 13
Jessie's just a normal girl, with a normal life. Her life starts to change when a boy moves next door and becomes a part of her life. He doesn't beco...