Salt: A Ninjago story

Galing kay Rom247

What if Harumi did not die and was instead incarcerated for her crimes? In a cold cell at the city penitenti... Higit pa

1: Salt
2: Shadows
3: Cockroaches
4: Oh Ship!
5: Breakfast
6: Behind the Mask
7: Mind Games
8: Ghost in the Machine
9: Missing in Action
10: Hitchhiker
11: Awake
13: Midnight Run
14: What The Heart Wants
15: Give and Take
16: The Sum of Their Parts
17: Bread and Roses
18: Tea and Sympathy
19: Set Free
20: Ghost Story
21: Can of Worms
22: Have You Met My Sister?
23: Light and Dark
24: OTT
25: The Ghost and the Machine
26: Kailor?
27: Sanctuary
28: Push and Pull (Adult Content - Rewritten)
29: Push and Pull (part 2)
30: Home Truths
31: The Dark Heart
32: Who needs friends, when you have so many enemies?
33: Is this the wrong time to ask?
34: You're my density!
35: Pied Piper
36: The Dark Island
37: The Swarm
38: Tide and Time
39: Tide and Time (part 2)
40: In Time
41: Who-rumi?
Book 2: Forward
42: Change One Thing
43: The Quiet One
44: Pull Yourself Together
45: Allegiances
46: Reunions
47: Catch Me Up - Edited
48: The Veins
49: Heart Attack
50: Dirt and Glory
51: On Ice
52: Children!
53: A Little Help Please
54: Computer Say's NO!
55: The Black Hole
56: The Thaw
57: Longwave
58: Friends
59: The Journey

12: Crazy, Stupid Love

922 19 4
Galing kay Rom247

Nya looked out of the small square window of Harumi's cell and contemplated all that had happened.

The extensive surveillance equipment that Zane had set up had revealed nothing, apart from the fact that the Shadow Ninja knew it was there. It seemed obvious to Nya that a Shadow had been sent to the Island to destroy their means to watch them. While risky, destroying the control room was more thorough than trying to find every single device. The destruction of their vital equipment was bad enough, but they had also managed to confuse and trick all of them into seeing and believing realistic hallucinations. They had split the team up and diverted their attention from the real target, the Control Room. It could have been any one of them that went to intercept, but it had been Kai and now he was missing.

The timing of the attack at the temple seemed just too coincidental, happening just hours before the attack at the prison. They obviously needed the team distracted and blind so they could carry out the attack here... whatever its purpose was.

She noticed some green fabric under the bench and picked it up. Lloyds' tunic. She closed her eyes in despair for him. Where have you let yourself go Lloyd? This is where he had been that night, before he had followed the shadow ninja to its settlement; that night and many others it would seem. Lloyd had kept his secret close, she had had no idea; nobody knew. Harumi was a snake and she had Lloyd trapped in her hypnotic gaze... No, that was an affront to the Serpentine; she looked up and nodded an apology to the spirits of the elders. There were no words for how she felt about Harumi. Nya kicked out at the bench and it flew across the room. The two cups that sat on it were flung aside, smashing on the hard floor.

She couldn't quite figure out why they had infiltrated the prison. To release Harumi? Kill Lloyd? Lloyd was taken down but Harumi remained when she could have escaped. Was she really in love with Lloyd? Nya could not let herself believe that. But she could believe the two attacks were linked. In fact she was sure of it and it was very likely they had Kai. Without surveillance they would have to go in blind. But her team were the best and the Shadows of the Northern suburb wouldn't see them coming. But she had to be sure.

She left the cell to meet up with the team. She found them having a heated conversation with the Prison Chief. She called Jay over and he broke away from the group.

'Everything ok?'

'Yeah. As can be' she replied and looked towards Cole and Zane 'What's going on here?'

'Oh, the Prison Chief thinks it's impossible to guard against Ninja attacks'

'Well I'm inclined to agree with him...' Nya replied.

'Well, yeah. Obviously. But Cole is pissed and wants to blame someone, so y'know...' He trailed off to look back at Cole looming over the Chief.

'I'm sure the Chief could do with hearing a few home truths... I mean what the hell was he doing? Allowing Lloyd to visit Harumi. Let a ninja in, there's gonna be trouble'

'Well that's the thing, he says he didn't know anything about it'

'Really? How could he not have known?' Nya questioned 'what about the guards? Someone must have known'

'Of course someone must have known. That's just it. It seems like there's more going here than you'd first think'

'It all stinks and I'm sure it links back to that first Shadow Ninja. I'm going to follow the intruder's path. I'm certain it will lead to the Northern suburb and the same shadow settlement that Lloyd discovered, but I have to be sure. Will you join me Jay?'

'Of course' Jay replied. He took Nya's hand and led her over to the group. Cole, still animated was spitting rage at the Chief, who was no pushover, but was starting to sweat and weaken under the tirade. Zane stood silently; cool to the looks the Chief flicked towards him, hoping for a voice of reason. Jay turned Cole away from his heated discussion to talk and Zane followed, giving the chief a lingering stare as he moved away 'Guys, Nya and I are going to track the intruder. But I'm worried about Lloyd. He's pretty confused and upset. D'you think it'd be best to take him back to the temple straight away? Get him as far away from Harumi as possible?'

'Definitely' Cole agreed releasing a long sigh. He looked back to where they had left the Chief, to see he had scarpered and the door closing behind him 'Hey!' Cole shouted turning to go after him, but Zane placed a strong hand on his chest to stop him.

'Let him go. He doesn't know anything. I was monitoring his heart rate and responses. He was telling the truth'

'It doesn't absolve him though...' Cole grumbled.

'No. It does not. But we know where he lives, so to speak and I am sure he is living in fear of you right now... so let him go'

Cole gave Zane a sly smile 'I was pretty hard on him wasn't I?' to which Zane gave a small non-judgemental nod.

'And you're normally such a big softy!' Jay chimed in sarcastically.

'Get out of here you two...' Cole waved his hand at Jay and Nya and then shouted after them '...and find something helpful'

'We're on it!' they both replied as they hurried out of the room.

Now it was just the two of them, Cole and Zane stood in silence. Cole, because he was all shouted out and Zane because that was his way 'I can't quite believe what's happening' Cole said quietly.

'Hmm. That is interesting' Zane replied.

'How so?' Cole asked quizzically.

'Well my friend. You are quick to accept all matter of outside forces intent on ripping the fabric of our world apart, yet you seem perplexed by matters of the heart?'

Cole sighed 'don't you see Zane? Harumi exists in one form in our world. She tried to rip it apart and pretty much kill us all, including Lloyd. It's not that I am perplexed by matters of the heart, more that Lloyd can have so much heart that he can see past all that and still care about... her'

'Well when you put it like that, it makes more sense. Is it a bad thing? Is he wrong to care for Harumi?'

'Yes!' Cole replied forcefully '...No... I don't know. Maybe that's why I'm perplexed?'

'You cannot hold good will against a person' Zane added.

'No, no you can't. Maybe he can help me understand, because I sure as hell can't figure it out myself'

Zane placed his hand on Coles shoulder 'we will take him home. Listen to him and care for him. He will need this time and he will need his friends'

'That's all we can do' Cole replied.

'We should get back to Lloyd' Zane suggested and they made their way to his room 'you know I have some very delicious stew I made this morning waiting for us'

Cole smiled 'Where do you find the time to do all this?' he said in awe and added 'Lloyd will appreciate it I'm sure' Cole knocked before pushing the door open to enter Lloyds infirmary room. The bed was empty. Cole tried to ignore the cold flush that washed through his body and looked to the bathroom 'Lloyd?' He called forcefully and knocked on the door.

'There is no one here' Zane stated 'I do not hear Lloyds footprint'

'Where the hell is he?' Cole said panicked.

'Come with me' Zane said as he left the room.

Momentarily motionless, Cole was at a loss, then... 'Harumi' he said through gritted teeth and ran after Zane who was jogging down the corridor, already heading to the female wing on the other side of the infirmary.

The guards at her door stopped them, confused at their urgency and insistence on seeing Harumi 'She has not left the room, we have not left our posts' they insisted.

'Is there a window?' Cole asked incredulously.

One of the guards nervously fumbled with his keys and went to unlock the door 'but its got bars...' he added with a hint of hope in his now panicked voice.

Cole smashed forward onto the door as the guard turned the key. Zane and the two guards fell through after them and they all stood in the silent empty room. The bars on the window and the glass itself were burnt through and still exuded a green haze.

'Shhhhhhhhhh...it!' Cole angrily swiped at the air and clenched his fists in anger 'Not on my watch!' and he threw himself at the small window and squeezed his large frame through.

'Cole!' Zane shouted after him as he disappeared 'we're five storeys up!'

Cole poked his head around the window meekly 'uh yeah, I realise that now. Any chance you were going to follow me and do an ice slide or something?'

'Absolutely, yes. That is exactly what I was going to do' So Zane followed through the window to rescue his headstrong friend, his sensors working to find traces of the elopers. Until this point, Lloyd had been foolish, but had not broken any laws. Zane feared for his friend. This one bad choice could have lasting consequences for him if they didn't find him immediately and try to smooth it over. Aiding a felon to escape from prison was bad. He thought about the Prison Chief. This he could use against them all.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.2K 62 9
Lloyd finds himself facing old enemies, but perhaps one of them will turn out to be a friend. Crystallised rewrite focusing on Lloyd and Harumi's ch...
66.7K 2.2K 31
When an unexpected competitor arrives at the tournament of elements, y/n realizes that her and the ninja are in more danger than they realize. Instea...
14.4K 373 23
"Two, No Feelings" Lloyd stared at the girl in front of him. "No feelings? What type of rule is that? Why would I have feelings for you?" She raised...
63.2K 891 35
Have you ever wondered what would have happened if Harumi realized that she was just a pawn to Lord Garmadon during his reign on Ninjago City? Harumi...