The Ministers Daughter

By S-Maggie-S

FANFIC HARRY POTTER ** WARNING ** MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS - NEXT GENERATION STORY This is probably a good enoug... More

Team Captain Kent
We are the champions
The girls have arrived
To Hangover Cures
Letters at dinner
Bonjour Jennifer
Jennifer or Jenn?
The Quick Quotes Quill Army
Quite A Catch
Extent Of The Damage
I Got Jinxed For This?
I'm Gunna Need A Drink
Top Notch Psychic Skills
Gray Eyes Meet Green Eyes
The Little Gem Of Wisdom I Was Looking For
You want to be Quidditch players?

French?

607 3 1
By S-Maggie-S

Chapter Six - French?

Professor Binns is the most mind numbingly boring teacher I have ever met he makes lessons on how to clean your caldron sound more interesting then so of the most brutal giant wars. So you can imagine the schools relief when the headmaster announced that he was taking a year or two off to come to terms with the fact that he is dead. And the Professor large would be replacing him in his absence.

"What do you recon this professor Large will be like" James asked no one in particular

"Fingers crossed he will have a heartbeat and the good sense to use a varying tone when he speaks" Fred said as we made our way through the castle after a decidedly uneventful lunch. As we arrived outside our History of Magic classroom it was to a wave of murmurings about the new teacher. I doubt that anyone at Hogwarts has ever been interested in a history of magic lesson before today.

"Do you reckon you'll stay awake this lesson Rose" I asked her

"No idea" Rose fell asleep five minutes into our first ever history of magic lesson in first year, I swear it was some kind of record. "but if he's anything like Binns then I'll be off. Even mum found it hard to stay wake in his class" When Rose first came to Hogwarts many thought she was going to be as clever as her mum it was a bit of a shock when they found her sound asleep, drool and all, in her first lesson at Hogwarts.

"But I bet Hermione didn't fall asleep once" I joked.

"I'm sorry but his voice is like a fricking lullaby" she said defensively

"Lullaby? More like a..." James was interrupted by the opening of the classroom door we all trooped into the classroom eager to catch a glimpse of our new teacher. The man who stood in front of the class had a large red face and a large stomach. The buttons in his jacket were straining against the large man inside. In a word our new professor was large hence the perfect name.

"Settle down class" even his voice was large "take your seats please" I sat down between Rose and James

"Good names he's got" James whispered

"Too right" Rose said she had never really understood the concept of a whisper "With a voice like that I'm never going to get any sleep"

"Shame I always enjoyed my hour's piece" I joked as I unpacked my quill

"right class" Professor Large boomed "I'm Professor Large your new History of Magic teacher I am aware that your previous teacher professor Binns was not the most inspiring of teachers but I hope to make history of Magic an interesting lesson" Rose scoffed next to me "I know some of you believe that is an impossible task and you would rather nap for the following hour" Rose nodded. "But class must go on. So with that let's begin"

"Well I never, I enjoyed that" James exclaimed as we left the history of magic classroom Professor Large was a hit with the Gryffindor seventh years.

"Professor Large certainly knows his giant wars" Scorpius said

"That he does" Fred said "who knew that giants were so vicious"

"Well it's not like the one giant we know is particularly mean" I said

"Your right Gawp is just a big baby" we continued to talk about history of magic as we walked into the great hall for dinner, as we sat down professor McGonagall strode over to us from the teachers table where we could be Professor Large sitting next to the tiny professor Flitwick "Miss Kent may I have a word?" McGonagall asked. I glanced at Rose who looked puzzled "Sure" I got up and followed her out of the hall once we were in her office she turned to me and sighed "Miss Kent your father has sent the school a letter regarding leave for official events. He has requested that we grant you time away from your schooling and as he is the minister it is hard for us to refuse, so as a compromise we have said that we will evaluate each event as it comes. As for the proposed meeting with the French minister and his family we have granted you the required leave of three days. You shall not be set homework for the days you have missed but I advice that you revise your friends notes in preparation for your newts. Your father's sectary sent us this letter about what will be required for the visit and when it will take place" she looked at me over her glassed "Jennifer, I understand that it is a lot of pressure to put on a 17 year old to expect you to do politics and your newts but I believe this will be a good experience for you and I urge you to use it to it's full advantage" she handed me a letter "you better get back to dinner your friends will be missing you" I nodded again. Turning around I walked out of the office closing the door behind me I lent against the castle wall fingering the letter in my hands. Great. I'd been hoping that McGonagall would say I had to stay at school. Oh well what doesn't kill me can only make me stronger maybe McGonagall was right maybe I will get some good experiences out of this. Sighing I got up and walked into the great hall Scorpius was sitting alone at the Gryffindor table. I sat opposite him and started filling my plate with chicken and rice.

"Where are the others?" I asked

"Rose, James and Fred had detention"

"Really for what?" I said distractedly looking at the letter on the table

"For chucking dung bombs at peeves" said Scorpius as if this was an obvious fact "don't you remember?"

"Um yeah sure what ever"

"Jenn you okay you look a little strange" I looked up to see a pair of blue eyes looking curiously at me oh my I could swim in those eyes. Wait no bad Jenn concentrate your upset remember

"Thanks, I just got told that I have to meet the French minister"

"What's that?" Scorpius asked gesturing towards the letter on the table. I looked at the enveloped with its purple M stamped in the top corner

"A letter about the French ministers visit" I picked up the letter and weighed it in my hand

"Well aren't you going to open it?" Scorpius asked eyeing the letter with interest

"I suppose so" I ripped opened the envelope and official looking paper fell out each sheet stamped with the same M I picked up the first sheet.

Dear Miss Kent

The date of the French Ministers visit has been set for the 5th till the 8th of October. The visits will last three days the plans include a tour of muggle and magical London on the first day followed by a informal meal at your family home. On the second day both ministers will engage in talks and you and Mrs Kent will entertain Mrs LaPaine and her son there shall be a formal meal in the evening. On the final day both families shall talk to the press and the French Minister shall leave after a light lunch. The French minister and his family shall be staying with you in your family home. You shall be leaving Hogwarts on the evening of the fifth via floo powder; Lipsy the house elf shall be accompanying you. Your mother has your outfits ready so you shall not have to bring any luggage with you. Your father the minister also requests that you learn as much French as much French as you can prior to the trip.

Yours sincerely,

Patty Davies

Secretary to the Minister

M.O.M

"He wants me to do WHAT?!?" I shouted throwing the letter away from me getting few looks as I did "I can't believe him"

"What is it?" a confused looking Scorpius asked

"French! He wants me to...! French!" I rambles as I collected my stuff together I got up and strode out of the hall "Jenn wait up what about French?!?" I span around

"Read it" I told him and then proceed to march out of the Hall towards the common room. " Pygmy Puff!" I shouted at the Fat lady before marching into the common room first years scattered as I marched toward the fireplace and took my favourite seat by the fire Scorpius sat opposite me "he wants' you to learn French?" Scorpius asked I nodded, how dare he just ask me to learn French. How am I meant to do that? I sat fuming at my father as Fred, James and Rose walked in "what happened?" Fred asked "the First years look petrified and you have your angry face on" rose sat on the arm of my chair James joined Scorpius on the sofa and Fred made him self at home on the floor ignored Fred's question.

"Well, she shouted at the Fat Lady and then proceeded to march into the common room glaring daggers at the first year that was in her chair" Scorpius said I glared at him.

"Do you think that if we got Jenn really angry red bolts would shoot out of her eyes?" Fred pondered

"Yeah like lasers" James joined in

"You guys watch to many muggle films" Rose said shaking her head at Fred and James. "What happened Jenn?" I opened my mouth to tell her when Scorpius interrupted me again

"She got some more information about the French minister's visit" he stopped. Fred, James and Rose stared at him. He's building the tension for a punch line the git.

"And?" Rose asked I rolled my eyes

"And he wants her to learn French" he chuckled. They all stared at me

"French?" Rose asked "But you don't know French"

"I know that Rose and now the idiot wants me to learn a language before October 5th"

"But that's not far away" James said

"That's only a week and a bit away" Fred uttered counting on his fingers

"Great, one new language and 12 days to learn it in how hard can it be?" I said sarcastically "and I don't even know anyone who speaks French"

"My cousin Dominique's mum is French but she wont learn it on principle" Fred said

"Thanks Fred that's very helpful" I said my sarcasm thick

"I speak French" Scorpius said quietly we all stared at him

"Since when" Fred asked

"I was taught a few summers ago because mum wanted to buy a house out there so we all had French lessons but then dad said that he didn't want to go so mum had to scrap that idea she only wanted to move because of Grandad's reputation" Scorpius told us

"Teach me" I said

"Yeah right" said James at the same time

"Prove it" Fred said

"Bonjour mon nom est Scorpius et je peux parler français" Said Scorpius in perfect French, we stared James mouth hanging open.

"Woah" said Fred

"Please teach me Scorpius, pretty please" I pleaded. Scorpius gave a small smile.

"Maybe if you beg" he said. Git.

"Please, Please" I begged

"Well I can..." Scorpius began

"Wait stop" James interrupted "That's not begging, on your knees"

"What" I was outraged

"Do you want to learn French or not?" James asked

"Hang on you can't teach French why are you telling me to beg"

"Because I am doing it for Scorpius" James winked

"Fine but you're a git you know that" I said. I slid of my chair and onto the floor I really needed these lessons of Scorpius, there would be no way I would do this if I didn't need them so badly. Sure you tell your self that shut up Jenn.

"Well this is something you don't see everyday" the voice of Michael interrupted my pleas.

"Shut up I snapped "so will you help me Scorpius?"

"I'll try" he said. I jumped up and hugged him

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"Your welcome" he smiled Gosh that smile... earth to Jenn, earth to Jenn this is your brain. Stop it. I let Scorpius go and sat back down on my chair.

"So where have you to been??" Rose asked Lucy and Michael. Lucy blushed and Michael said "we went on a walk"

"Right" said Rose "By the way you're wearing Lucy's lipstick" it was Michaels turn to go pink now

"I thought you were in detention" Lucy rescued Michael

"I was but it was cut short because Peeves decided to get revenge" Rose replied

"It was amazing he dived in though an open window and stared pelting us with bubatubbers" James said

"And then Flitwick said that we could leave" Rose finished. I yawned

"Well I'm off to bed" I said

"Me too" said Lucy before kissing Michael on the cheek we headed toward the dormitories.

"Jenn when do you want your first French lesson?" Scorpius called after me

"How about tomorrow after dinner in the library?"

"Sounds good to me"

"Night everyone"

At dinner the next day I began to grow nervous about my French lesson with Scourpious, I mean if I keep day dreaming about his smile how on earth am I going to learn a new language with him smiling at me all the time. And if he looks at me with those blue eyes to much corr... but the show must go on as they say. i pushed my chair back and went to go and meet Scorpius at the library. When I reached your meeting place I saw him leaning against the castle wall fingering his wand, he looked nervous.

"Hey, you ready?" I asked as I stood next to him

"Sure" he replied and we walked into the Library. We sat down opposite each other in a corner. "Right, so do you know any French?" he asked me

"Umm... I know bonjour is hello, au revoir is goodbye, oui is yes and non is no. and that's about it."

"Right well how much do you recon you need to know?" he asked

"Umm... well the letter just said as much as I can, so I think it will be best to learn things I will need to know" He nodded in agreement "things like, 'how are you?', 'Are you enjoying Britain?', 'When are you leaving?' and 'Can we speak English now?' I think that just about covers it" Scorpius laughed

"Well yes that would be useful to know. How about I teach you how to welcome people and how to ask them if they can speak English as you know very little French?"

"Sounds perfect"

"Well lets get started"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.7K 13
Rose Weasley is not your normal girl. She’s the badass with the best marks, the girl every guy wants but will never get-she’s the one everyone talks...
5.1K 151 17
A/N ignore the spelling errors and the switching between first and second person, I have dyslexia and have a hard time remembering witch person I'm w...
101K 4.9K 22
Albus is finally going to admit his feelings for his best friend Scorpius Malfoy in his sixth year. However when things don't go as planned, Albus h...
477K 11.5K 38
OLD DRAFT, ella-rose, a strong-willed gryffindor, had always known james. they had been best friends since they were born and it's only when seventh...