POLAROID

By shay_fiction

Jun-Seo has never been quite adept at articulating his emotions through language, often struggling to find th... More

prologue
Chapter One - A New Canvas
Chapter Two - In Frame
Chapter Four - Filtered
Chapter Five - In Contrast With You
Chapter Six - Coloured Lenses
Chapter Seven - Hidden Behind The Tone
Chapter Eight - Undertones

Chapter Three - Perspective

16.1K 741 222
By shay_fiction

Jun-Seo feels a mix of nerves and anticipation as he stands in front of the office designated for the Creative Programme Advisor, Mr. Jung. Clutching the leaflet Naeun had given him earlier that week, he studies it briefly, an anxious breath leaving him before he makes a few hesitant knocks on the door.

"Come in," Mr. Jung calls out. Jun-Seo opens the door, bowing respectfully to the Advisor as he walks in. "Ah, Jun-Seo-ah, right on time. Let's get this tour started, shall we?"

Jun-Seo nods and follows Mr. Jung out of the office. "I'm glad that you've shown curiosity in the Creative Programme. Here we're dedicated to providing a wide array of opportunities for students who are passionate about embarking on a career within the Arts industry. Our programme is designed to nurture and foster aspiring artists, giving them the tools and guidance needed to succeed,"

They head down a corridor that Jun-Seo recognises from the day he was trying to hide from Jiro. "Our free-spirited teaching style not only encourages personal growth but also empowers students to experiment, make mistakes, and ultimately discover their unique artistic identities," Mr Jung continues.

As Jun-Seo walks down the school corridor, he catches sight of a few students engrossed in the creation of murals, their hands skillfully painting intricate designs that seem to come alive on the walls. He can't help but mutter a small 'wow' at the project.

They continue down the corridor until they finally arrive at the music rooms, shrouded in unexpected silence. "A-Are there not a lot of m-music students?" Jun-Seo asks.

"Oh no, that's not it, you see, we had the rooms soundproofed and shutters put on to not distract any of the other students," Mr. Jung explains. He then knocks on one of the doors and after a few seconds, the door opens revealing Yeon-Gi.

"Hello Mr. Jung, what can I do for you?" Yeon-Gi asks. His eyes then fall on Jun-Seo. "Oh, hey, what're you doing down here?"

"Do you two know each other?" Mr. Jung asks. "We've met," Yeon-Gi says vaguely, his eyes darting away momentarily before meeting Jun-Seo's grateful gaze, the younger silently expressing his gratitude for him not bringing up what happened.

"Ah, well, sorry to bother you but I'm just giving Jun-Seo a tour of the programme and wanted to show him what the layout of the music rooms is like," Mr. Jung explains. "It's no problem, I was just warming up anyway," Yeon-Gi says.

"Y'know, Jun-Seo-ah, Yeon-Gi here is one of our best pianists in the programme. His exceptional skill and passion for music is truly impressive,"

"Thank you, sir, but I'm nothing special,"

"Nonsense, he was actually invited to perform at the Usher Hall during his Junior Year,"

"R-Really, hyung?" Jun-Seo asks in awe. Yeon-Gi simply shrugs, offering a bashful smile in response.

At that moment three female students come running up to them, each clutching their instruments. "Mr. Jung, we need your help getting into the instrument room," One of them says.

"You girls know where the keys to the room are,"

"Someone misplaced them so we can't get in,"

Mr. Jung sighs and then turns to Jun-Seo. "I'm so sorry about this, how about we continue in the afternoon?" He suggests. "Or, I could finish the tour with him," Yeon-Gi offers.

"I couldn't ask you to do that," Mr. Jung says, feeling hesitant about imposing. "It's no problem, really," Yeon-Gi insists.

"Would that be okay with you Jun-Seo?" Mr. Jung asks the younger. "It's fine," Jun-Seo replies.

"Well, alright then, just come find me when you're done." Mr. Jung says then gestures for the girls to follow him.

Yeon-Gi steps to the side, giving Jun-Seo space to enter the room. "Let me pack up my stuff and then we can get going," he says while heading towards the grand piano to collect his music sheets. Curiously he asks, "So, what made you decide to join the programme?"

"I-I haven't joined yet, still thinking about it," Jun-Seo clarifies. "Yeah? If you decide to join, what're you interested in studying?" Yeon-Gi asks.

"Photography,"

"Cool, I don't know much about it, but I've written a few pieces of background music for a photo gallery before, and there were some pretty interesting pieces on display then. Maybe one day, if you work hard enough, you'll get your photos put in one of those too,"

"Maybe," Jun-Seo mutters.

Yeon-Gi finishes putting his things away before they leave the room. "Has Jiro been causing any more trouble for you?" He asks.

"Actually, no, b-but then again I tend to avoid him whenever I c-c-can," Jun-Seo says with a half-hearted chuckle. "I guess that's better, still if you feel you need a place to hang out or hide out, my door's always open," Yeon-Gi assures him. The younger gives him an appreciative smile in return.

For the next half hour, the pair explore the various departments within the programme, taking the time to stop and chat with various teachers and students as Yeon-Gi introduces Jun-Seo to them.

As they arrive at the Dance Practice Rooms, they are greeted by a lively atmosphere filled with students passionately engaging in various contemporary dance styles within their respective units.

Jun-Seo, intrigued by the vibrant chatter in one of the rooms, catches a glimpse of Dae-Seong talking with a fellow student.

Spotting him and Yeon-Gi at the doorway, Dae-Seong's face lights up, waving them over. "Hey, what're you guys doing here?" He asks. "Jun-Seo's thinking about joining the programme so I offered to show him around," Yeon-Gi tells them.

"Oh cool, we'd love to have you," Dae-Seong expresses genuinely. "Thanks," Jun-Seo appreciates.

"I'm Yu Seoni by the way," the student Dae-Seong was talking to speaks up, introducing himself with a friendly smile.

"I'm Song Jun-Seo, it's n-nice to m-m-meet you,"

"We're about to start practice, but you guys can stay and watch if you want," Dae-Seong invites. "He just wants an audience," Seoni adds teasingly earning a playful nudge from the blonde.

"What do you think?" Yeon-Gi asks Jun-Seo. "Sounds fun," the younger replies.

"Great, take a seat and enjoy the show," Seoni says then he and Dae-Seong join the other dancers. Yeon-Gi and Jun-Seo find a spot on a nearby bench to watch.

As the music fills the air, Seoni starts the performance with a countdown. "A 5, 6, 7, 8!"

Jun-Seo is in awe as the dancers begin to execute intricate movements with perfect synchronization to the smooth R&B rhythm playing. Not a single dancer misses a beat, each one showcasing precision and artistry in their choreography.

Meanwhile, Seoni circulates among the dancers, meticulously inspecting every move with a fine-tooth comb. He provides valuable feedback, adjusts postures, identifies errors, and ensures that everyone stays on tempo, contributing to the overall flawless performance.

"Seoni hyung is s-strict," Jun-Seo points out, sounding slightly amused. "Yeah, well, dancing is kind of everything to him. Whether it's spending hours on the choreography or tutoring others, everything's gotta be perfect," Yeon-Gi tells him, a smile playing on his lips, fully immersed in watching Seoni. "It's kind of awesome, right?"

Jun-Seo hums coyly in response pretending not to notice the adoring expression reflected in the older's eyes as his gaze lingers affectionately on Seoni.

"Alright guys, let's take 5," Seoni announces then he and Dae-Seong join Yeon-Gi and Jun-Seo on the bench.

"That was aw-awesome," Jun-Seo praises them. "Almost, there are still some moves I think we need to get down," Seoni reflects, his mind already conjuring up ideas for refining the performance.

"Again? Hyung, you've reworked the routine twice already," Dae-Seong complains.

"Yeah, but after watching it again, I've been thinking about making some changes to the choreography in the second half to elevate the impact even more," Seoni says, determined.

Dae-Seong lets out a tired sigh. "Forget it, there's no getting through to him when he's in dance mode," he tells them. "I don't know, I get it. I mean, I'm the same way with my music. Work 'till you get it right, right?" Yeon-Gi says earning an appreciative smile from Seoni.

Jun-Seo and Dae-Seong share a subtle, knowing glance while pretending to be oblivious.

"Uh, we'd better get back to the tour," Yeon-Gi says standing up. "See you guys around," Dae-Seong chips in cheerfully. Jun-Seo and Yeon-Gi wish them good practice before leaving the room.

As they walk down the corridors, the pair come across Ha-Jun, who appears from around a corner and begins walking in their direction. Despite having minimal interaction during the week, limited to casual greetings like 'hi,' Jun-Seo and Ha-Jun briefly lock eyes as they pass each other. Jun-Seo glances back at him, curiosity filling his mind once more about the older.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 2K 18
Two different people.. Their world's different, but they faced similar problem in their life.. Mafia king Who is known for his ruthless nature. The a...
45.2K 1.8K 29
Prince Jungkook of Euphoria presents as an omega. (Completed)
981 102 10
❝ FOOD. FOOD. BRAINS. EAT. CHOCOLATE. BRAINS−no, the chicken is my best friend! Don't touch her. FOOD. ❞ Zhang Hao is tormented by the ali...
22.8K 419 16
completed ✓ where you find out the pretty lies that were told. sequel to - instagram; taekook