Varian x Reader Oneshots

By pepperpopp

A collection of my own Varian x reader oneshots! Ideas either from my own mind or requests from readers. Co... More

The Flame of Romance
How You Read His Name
The Sorrow of the Son
Take a Break
Raise a Little Hell.
Raise a Little Hell - Part 2
When the Clock Struck Midnight
Be Careful, Sunshine
Raise a Little Hell - Part 3
I hate Hue, I love Hue
Raise a Little Hell - Part 4
Baby, its Cold Outside
Raise a Little Hell - Part 5
Unlikely Friends
Raise a Little Hell - Part 6
Unlikely Friends - Part 2
A Grave Situation
The Mystery Man
The Pain of the Past
The Mystery Man - Part 2
One Step, Two Step
What a Magical World
Let Me Help You
Let Me Help You - Part 2
Bitter-Sweet Remeniscence
Netflix and Kill
Netflix and Kill - Part 2
In This Town of Halloween
Our Love is God
The Dreamscape
Love is the Greatest Revenge
Maybe Knowledge Can Beat Brawn
Someone to Dry Your Tears
Curiosity Killed the Cat
Cupid's Arrow
A Family Christmas
The Dreamscape - Part 2
She's Still Dancing, Isn't She Papa?
Kill Me With Your Smiles.
My Hands Are Tied, Padre
There Are Daggers in Men's Smiles
All The Sides to an Alchemist
A Game Regarding Death
The Song of Angry Men
Not That Dark
***NOTES BELOW***
This isnt Varian related... but ART!!!
Hey Look, I Drew Stuff!
!!!PROMPT THING!!!
COVID19 Update
Exam Results Questions

With Youth comes Innocence

3.8K 98 75
By pepperpopp

This isn't really serious, I just wanted to write Varian as a baby, and (Y/N) in a motherly role, without having them have kids. Hopefully you can enjoy it, though.

------------------------------------------------

"(Y/N), can you pass me that beaker over there, the one with the purple liquid?" Varian asked, his face on a bubbling test tube. You reached over and passed it to him.

"What is this potion meant to do anyways?" You asked, placed your elbow on his work desk. He rolled his eyes.

"Its not a potion, its an alchemical compound," he corrected. Varian swirled around the test tube in his fingertips, so that it started to foam. He picked up a pipette and took in some of the purple liquid.

"You know how Mrs Davidson next door is always complaining about her wrinkles," he asked. You nodded.

"Well, I'm creating a de-aging formula that will hopefully get rid of her wrinkles!" He said happily, revising his notes.

"De-aging?" You asked warily. You could see this going wrong.

"Okaaay, time for the final touches, aaand." Varian squeezed the pipette, and a drop of purple liquid fell into the test tube.

And immediately, it exploded.

Sometimes you hated being right.
------------------------------------------------------------

"Varian?" You coughed through the purple haze. You had been thrown back, but Varian had gotten a full face full of that stuff, and he wasn't answering you. Your heart raced as you crawled towards the desk, still ominously covered in smoke. You called again.

"Varian?" You asked, standing at the edge of the purple smoke. Your breath hitched when you heard a faint sound. Crying... a baby? A child? You coughed as you waded through the fog, waving it away with your hand. Okay, it was definitely a child. You reached forwards blindly and reached the chair, on which sat a squirming bundle of clothes. It was clearer at the centre, since the smoke had already dissipated, so you could clearly see what was in front of you.

On the chair sat a small child, wearing an oversized t-shirt. Varian's t-shirt. The child looked up at her, and stopped crying almost instantly, his mouth opening into a smile, two large front teeth visible in his gums. His eyes were blue and sparkling; his hair black and messy, with one blue streak going through it. You reached forwards in shock and picked him up from under the arms, careful to hold the shirt up over him, to give him a little dignity. He stared at you and reached out with his small hands, grabbing your face.

"(Y/N)!" The child giggled, squishing your cheeks. He had a slight lisp as he spoke, and you sighed, looking at his little face.

"Oh, Varian," you exclaimed.

--------------------------------------------------------------

You held Varian in one arm whilst you searched through a chest, wading through years of his clothes. At the bottom was a pile of smaller clothes, that looked like they would fit him. You placed Varian on the floor, pulling out the clothes. You leant down next to him and held out a shirt and trousers.

"Can you get changed by yourself, Varian?" You asked, holding out the clothes. He cocked his head to the side, then nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah!" he giggled, and you couldn't help but laugh.

"Okay then, come find me when you're finished," you said, rubbing his head.

You left the room, finally letting go of your breath. You hoped it was temporary, but you didn't hold your hope. You had no idea where to even start with alchemy, so you had no hope of reversing his condition. You let out a shuddery breath and a small laugh. How many girls could say that they were dating a four year old? Wait no, that's strange. Oh, you exclaimed to yourself, this whole situation was weird.

"I'm finished!" A small voice chirped from behind you, and you turned to see Varian, his hands behind his back, wearing clothes that were still a little too big. Oh well. You grabbed hold of his hand and walked him over to the front door.

"Where are we going?" Varian asked, rocking back and forth on his toes. You looked down at him.

"We're going to the castle," you said, and Varian immediately lit up.

"We're going to see 'Punzel!" He beamed and you laughed.

"Sure, let's go see Rapunzel," you chuckled, and led Varian out of the door.

---------------------------------------------------

"He WHAT!" Cassandra yelled, scaring Varian. He grabbed hold of your skirts tightly and moved behind you. You leant down to him and picked him up.

"It's okay, she won't hurt you," you assured, and Varian nodded, so you put him back down. You nodded down to Varian at Cassandra, and she rolled her eyes, leaning down.

"Hey, kid, how are y'doing?" She hesitated, softening her face. Varian blinked at her.

"Cassie!" he sang, grabbing hold of her cheeks. Cassandra smiled slightly as she pushed his hands away.

"Its Cass, Varian," she reminded, before turning away, insinuating for them to follow.

"Okay Cassie!" Varian bounced, and ran after her, pulling you along. You could almost hear Cassandra's eyes roll.

--------------------------------------------

"Oh (Y/N), who's this little guy!" Rapunzel gushed, tickling Varian's chin. You smiled.

"That would be Varian, princess," you laughed. She stopped in her tracks, looking up at you.

"What?" She asked, confused.

"The idiot was making wrinkle cream, and de-aged himself 10 years," you sighed, and Varian stomped his foot in protest.

"I am not an idiot," he argued, and crossed his arms.

"Varian, I can't take you seriously when you look like that," you laughed, and Varian stomped his foot again, although he didn't say anything.

"Oh, Varian, you do make a very cute child," Rapunzel giggled, "especially when you're throwing a strop." Varian opened his mouth to argue, but closed it again. Thank god he didn't have the teenage snark anymore.

"Anyways, princess, could you send word to Xavier, I was hoping he might have something that could help," you asked, looking at Rapunzel, who nodded. Varian pulled on your skirts.

"Yes, Varian?" You asked. He looked really nervous, and he was fiddling with his thumbs.

"I love you," he whispered, and you smiled at him.

"I love you, too, you idiot, but lets get you back to you," you said, and he nodded in agreement.

"That's so cute!" Rapunzel squealed, and picked up Varian, spinning him around. Varian laughed with her, childlike wonder taking over. You grinned to yourself.

--------------------------------------------------

Varian was sat on the bed with a picture book, invested in the drawings on each page. He swung his legs contently, and occasionally laughed at something he'd seen. There was a knock on the door, and Eugene walked in with a vial in hand.

"O ho ho!" he exclaimed, looking at Varian on the bed, "Blondie wasn't kidding. He's adorable!"

Varian looked up and stuck his tongue out, looking back down at his book, which just made Eugene laugh more.

"Varian?" You asked, sweetly.

"Yeah?" He said faintly, still focused on his book.

"Eugene got the cure," you declared, and immediately the book was on the floor and Varian was by your side.

"I don't want to be short anymore," he highlighted, and you smiled at him.

"Varian, you were short before. Now, go get in the bed and cover your body with the blanket," you asked, and he ran off to do as you said.

You took the vial from Eugene and walked over to Varian, now covered by the sheet. You gave him the vial, which he drunk quickly.

Immediately his body began to smoke, and soon you couldn't even see him through the haze. You stepped back, watching intently at the scene in front of you, your heart pounding in your chest. Oh, you hoped it worked.

Cough. Cough. You could hear raspy coughs coming from in the smoke.

"Can I have my clothes?" Varian asked from inside the smoke, still coughing.

You rushed forwards and jumped on him, pressing your face into his. Your lips connected for a second, before you pulled away and wrapped your arms around his bare torso.

"Never. Do. That. Again," you demanded, and he had the gall to laugh at you, fiddling with your hair.

"Dually noted," he smirked, and pressed his lips on yours once more. Eugene coughed.

"Oh, right, sorry Eugene," you apologised, Varian blushing profusely. Silence fell for a while, and all three of them stood there awkwardly, until Varian broke the silence.

"Can I have my clothes, please" He pleaded.

You laughed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.4K 963 14
"Witches aren't all bad..." "How do you know that?" "...Because I met one" ---- I don't own tangled or tangled the series nor Varian I do not own yo...
22.2K 552 25
โ”โ”โ” ๅคข่ฆ‹ใ‚‹ใ‚ˆใ†ใช " INDULGE IN DAYDREAMS. " ๅฝกโ˜… preferences & imagines ; a bunch of stories about my favorite alchemist, varian. ๊’ฐ requests are CLOSED ๊’ฑ
204 11 4
She never wanted to hurt anyone. She just didn't know how to control it. She was like the moon - lonely and untouchable with shadows to guide her pa...
184 4 11
Hey, i have been a fan of Tangledfor a hot minute and GAWD DAMN VARIAN IS SO FINE *Cough* anyway, i just wanted to make this for fun sooooo, hope yal...