Royalty

By aquarliam

Have you ever met someone that took your breath away? The very sight of them was beautiful, and you just coul... More

Royalty || au h.s.
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fifty Four
Fifty Five
Fifty Six
Fifty Seven
** not a chapter **
Fifty Eight
Fifty Nine
Sixty
Sixty One
Sixty Two
Sixty Three
Sixty Four
Sixty Five
Sixty Six
Sixty Seven
Sixty Eight
Sixty Nine
Seventy
Seventy One
Epilogue
Playlist
BONUS pt1
BONUS pt2

Thirty One

180K 4.1K 1.7K
By aquarliam

a/n: hola! i was able to write a chapter while still on vacation. (( please do ignore any mistakes bc i have not edited this yet )) i made a summer/harry manip ^ ! not sure exactly what their ship is lol anywho enjoy the chapt <3

I walked over to the railing where Niall and Liam were standing, looking down onto the main floor. The crowd of people were all gathered towards the hallway that we had walked in from. They were cheering and shouting 'happy birthday' as they all seemed to move together. 

The first person I saw walk out of the hallway was Cambria. It was as if she had a boyfriend radar because immediately she looked up towards us, smiling and waving at Zayn. He waved back before taking a sip of his drink and walking away. I felt someone else approach me, and I turned my head to see Xander at my side. He gave me a friendly smile as he looked out to the dance floor.

It was only a few short moments before I saw Summer step out from the hallway. She was smiling so brightly as she looked around at everyone around her, waving and muttering 'thank you' to them all.

Even from far away I could see how beautiful she looked. Nothing fancy was done to her hair, just completely straightened out and looking so soft. She wore this black dress that was cut in a v shape all the way down her chest. I bit my bottom lip as I stood there staring at her out in the crowd. 

I was still amazed that someone like her could like someone like me.

I was so caught up in admiring her from afar that I didn't realize the rest of the guys had started walking down the stairs. Xander placed his hand atop my shoulder as he moved me along to follow them. Isabella tagged along behind us, and I kept looking back to make sure she was okay walking in those heels. 

We reached the main floor, weaving in and out of people as I tried keeping up with Niall. He was so small and able to quickly move through the crowd that it was somewhat difficult for me to keep up with him. Once I finally caught up to him, he was stopped in front of Summer, giving her one of his hugs and swaying side to side.

Summer was grinning from ear to ear as she was chatting and saying hello to everyone. As if she could sense my presence, she turned her head towards me, her smile growing even bigger. Instantly I felt my heart beat start to increase as my legs carried me towards her. She threw her arms around my neck, squeezing tightly as I wrapped my arms around her small waist.

It felt so nice to be with her. It had only been three days since we last saw each other, but it kind of felt longer than that. 

Summer pulled back from me before she pressed her lips to mine, earning a rush of electricity to course through my body. Three days and I missed her this much. I was starting to believe I was getting pathetic. 

After I was brought back to the reality that we were standing in the middle of a massive crowd, I was the one to pull away from our kiss. Even in the dark lighting of the club, I could see Summer's cheeks start to turn into a pinkish shade as she shyly smiled up at me. I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss to her forehead, earning a bunch of awe's from the people around us.

Soon I was feeling embarrassed from the amount of people watching us.

"Erm," I cleared my throat, looking down at Summer as her arms were now wrapped around my waist. "Happy birthday!"

"Thank you," she smiled before letting go of me and turning towards Xander and Isabella. "I'm so glad you guys could make it!"

"Like I would miss a party," Isabella laughed, giving Summer a hug. "Happy birthday!"

Xander moved and took her in his embrace, holding on tightly to her with one arm, "Well we couldn't miss your birthday now, could we?" He lowered his voice, pretending to whisper in her ear as he pointed at me, "And we needed to keep an eye on this guy here. He gets a little crazy in the club."

"Fuck you," I frowned, huffing as Niall approached me.

He swung his arm around my shoulders, almost punching Liam in the process, "Who's fucking who?"

"I don't know, but I'll join!" Isabella raised her hand as a smirk was spread across her face.

"I want in on this," Niall nodded his head towards her as he raised a brow.

"Okay, hold on here," Xander let go of Summer, gently pushing her over towards Niall and I as he pulled Isabella towards himself. "There. Now the three of you can do something together."

Niall shrugged, looking at Summer and me, "I'm still in."

"Niall!" Summer laughed, playfully hitting him in the chest.

"Just being honest."

"Anyways," she giggled, leaning in closer to me. "Where'd everyone go?"

"Up top," Niall pointed towards the mezzanine floor at the booth we had been sitting at earlier. "Louis has been insistent on keeping that spot over there because it 'has the best view of the place' or something. I don't remember what he was saying, I wasn't paying attention."

Xander made some kind of comment about going back up there for a drink, to which Izzy followed right behind him. Niall was already ahead of them, taking the steps two at a time as he basically ran up them. Summer reached down and held my hand as she led me through the crowd towards the stairs.

As we walked up the steps, I nervously pulled out the tiny gift bag from my pocket, fixing it so that it didn't look so flattened, "Um, here. I got you a gift."

Summer looked down at the bag as she hesitantly took it from my hand, "Harry, you didn't have to get me anything."

"I'm not going to come to your birthday party and not get you something."

With a small smile on her face, she thanked me for the gift, examining the little bag, "Should I open it now?"

"Uh. Well that's up to you," I shrugged, not really knowing what the answer to that should've been.

Her lips were pursed to the side as she stopped walking up the stairs, internally debating on whether or not she was going to open it. Her line of vision kept switching from me to the gift bag until finally she decided to just open it up.

Summer looked into the bag as she pulled out the name tag. I had wrapped it in about ten layers of tissue paper because I wanted to make sure it didn't show through the thin paper. I must have wrapped it a lot tighter than I thought I did because Summer had a little bit of difficultly trying to tear it apart. She was laughing as she struggled to break the piece of tape I had placed around it, and eventually, she got the tag out of the wrapping.

At first she looked confused, having been holding it upside down. After she flipped the tag to the right side, she smiled once she realized what it was.

"Aw, does this mean I've taken your job at the restaurant because my waitressing skills are far superior to yours?" 

"What? No," I laughed. "You're good, but you're not that good."

"Oh you know I'm better than you," she teased, still looking at the tag. Her smile grew even larger when she saw the writing wasn't in the typical black color. "Did you really get this done in a rose gold color?"

"I tried to. I know it's more of a pink metallic looking color rather than mixed with gold. I tried to tell the guy that the color was wrong, but he wouldn't listen to me," I sheepishly rambled as I scratched the back of my neck. "Is it okay?"

Summer looked up at me through her lashes, nodding her head as she put the name tag into her clutch purse, "I absolutely love it. The best gift I've gotten."

"Okay, you don't need to be that nice about it."

"But I'm not joking. It's my favorite," she smiled before taking my hand in hers, stepping up to give me a kiss. "Thank you very much."

I smiled in return before we continued walking up the stairs hand in hand. Everyone else was sitting at the booth, somewhat in deep conversation amongst each other. Now there were so many people in the booth, that we had to bunch together with some people sitting on each other's laps. I took a seat next to Xander and Isabella, the two of them laughing away at something Liam was explaining. Cambria was sitting atop Zayn's lap, and Niall was sprawled over both Louis's and Liam's laps, drinking from a bottle of beer.

As Summer looked around for a place to sit, I gently  pulled her onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her waist. She giggled as she spoke something that I couldn't quite hear over the loud music being played.

All these people were going about in the venue, dancing and drinking and talking and laughing and taking pictures. I had never seen so many flashes of photography lights in one place before, I could've sworn I was going to go blind by the time I left this party.

I was listening in on the conversation Isabella and Xander were having with Liam. It had something to do with Liam's most embarrassing stories and about some time when he was in the tabloids for almost exposing his dick on vacation. 

Zayn, Cambria, and Summer were talking about the party and how much of the planning they had to do and all the things that had gone wrong before today. I didn't really know which conversation I belonged in, so I just pulled all my attention towards Liam's story telling. He had quite a few stories that were actually really hilarious.

I still didn't know how all of these guys were rich and famous. I only knew that Summer's family owned those hotels and Cambria was some type of model. I assumed Niall's dad owned a large business or company or whatever, based off of what he had told me about needing to find a job. I was curious to know how Liam, Zayn, and Louis had so much money, but I wasn't going to flat out ask them. 

Maybe I could use my brain this time around and actually google their names. Something that would've made my life easier if I had done it for Summer.

"Alright," Isabella spoke as she stood up from her seat. "It's nice chatting and all, but I'm dying to get out and dance."

Xander stood up as well, nodding his head towards me, "I take this as my cue to join her."

The two of them walked off down the stairs and disappeared into the crowd below. Soon enough, Cambria got up from Zayn's lap and dragged him down to the dance floor as well. Both Liam and Louis stayed put as Niall was still lying across their laps, singing along to whatever song was being played. 

I looked up at Summer as she was gazing out at the main floor below us, "Do you want to go down and dance?"

"If you'd like to go."

"Of course I'd like to go."

She hopped off my lap as I stood up from the booth. I wrapped my arm lightly around her waist as I guided her down the stairs and into the mass of people. Everyone was shouting 'happy birthday' at Summer as we walked by them, and she was waving and smiling at all the people we passed. 

We maneuvered our way through the crowd until we reached a spot she was satisfied with. I was a little anxious of how we were going to dance. I had no idea if she just did her own thing or if she danced like Isabella. I didn't even know exactly what she'd be expecting from me, so for a short few moments, I was awkwardly trying to figure out what to do. 

Suddenly Summer had reached up to wrap her arms around my neck, pulling herself closer to me. Instinctively, I set my hands on her hips as she started moving them to the beat of the music. Gradually the two of us started moving in sync with each other, the music taking over our minds and our bodies. Our faces were mere centimeters apart, foreheads almost touching. 

It was as if the whole club and everyone around us started to fade out of my mind. All I could see, and all I could focus on, was Summer. It didn't feel like anyone else was there, like we were the only two people in the venue dancing to the music. 

I had never felt this intensity with someone before, without having done anything other than kissing. It was foreign yet thrilling, and I was beginning to crave that feeling. 

Summer and I were dancing for what felt like hours. Our hips were so tightly pressed against each other as we moved to the beat of the music. Her grip around my neck was slowly getting harder and harder, pulling the two of us closer together. It was starting to feel really hot in the club, and I couldn't tell if it was because of all the dancing or the fact of knowing a couple hundred people were watching us. 

Once my senses started coming to, I slowed my movements down, as did she. I think when we both realized how caught up in the moment we were, that slight embarrassment started to creep onto our features, making itself present through the pink color on both our cheeks. 

Summer's arms were still wrapped around my neck as we just kind of stood there on the dance floor, not even dancing. I didn't even hesitate another moment before I was connecting our lips together in a kiss. The feel of her lips on mine was electric. Always has been, and always will be. 

We pulled away when we started hearing a bunch of commotion around us. It took me a moment to realize that people were talking about some birthday cake and trying to get Summer's attention.

Out of no where, Cambria popped up in front of us, taking a hold of Summer's hand, "C'mon! It's time for your cake!"

She dragged Summer through the crowd with me trailing right behind them. We walked up the steps to the mezzanine, back to that booth we had been sitting in earlier. I saw there was an empty space for Summer to sit right in the middle of the booth, so I moved over and sat down at the end with Xander and Isabella. 

Summer flashed me a slight frown, but it was soon turned into a smile as a gigantic cake was placed in front of her. Niall came rushing over towards us from the stairs, squeezing his way into the booth and sitting down next to me before wrapping his arm around my shoulder. He grinned widely at me before turning his attention to the birthday girl. 

The cake had to have been the biggest cake I'd ever seen in my life. There were four circular layers, each getting smaller in size towards the top. It had that marzipan covering it in a rosey gold color. There were all these sparkly things along the sides of each layer in a weird decorative style. 'Happy 20th Birthday Summer!' was written in marzipan letters on the side of each layer, one word per layer. The top of the cake had a bunch of those sparkler candles and some sticks with glittery tinsel. 

There were about three different people that were carrying the cake, setting it on the little table in front of Summer. Everyone started singing happy birthday to her, so I joined in, singing a lot quieter than Niall was. I'm pretty sure he was completely drunk by the way he couldn't hold himself up straight without swaying and the way his words would run together. 

Summer kept looking back and forth between the cake and me, smiling in my direction each time our eyes met. Once everyone stopped singing, she blew out the few regular candles that were set in front of her, earning an extremely loud cheer from everyone around us. 

Those three people that had carried the cake into the booth had begun to cut it into slices for everyone around us. I wasn't very fond of cake, so I refused a piece and just took a bite off Niall's plate. Not going to lie, it wasn't that bad, but it just wasn't my cup of tea.

After all the cake and everything was gone, we were all just talking amongst each other. Niall kept ordering more drinks for himself and Louis. I hadn't had anything besides the shot he bought us when we first walked in. I knew I could easily get alcohol here even though I was underage, but I really didn't feel like getting drunk. Or tipsy. I wanted to be in my right mind for the whole party.

Zayn had gotten up to go dance down on the main floor with Cambria, and Summer had turned her attention towards Liam as they seemed deep in conversation. 

There were quite a few times during the party where I felt out of place, as if I didn't really belong there. It was just a weird experience for me, I guess. This whole thing was just out of my element.

I wasn't going to act like I didn't have fun, because it was fun. I was enjoying the time spent with Summer and talking to the other guys here. Niall was definitely one of the most entertaining people I've met, and probably the most entertaining person at the entire party.

"Harry?" Summer called out as she stood up from the booth. "I'm going to go dance, do you want to join?"

"Yeah of course," I nodded my head and smiled as I got up as well. "But let me go grab a water from the bar first."

"I'll meet you down there."

She turned around and started walking towards the stairs to the dance floor. Both Xander and Isabella stood up from the booth, straightening out their clothes from sitting down.

"I'll go with you because I need another drink," Xander nodded as he started to walk down to the bar on the main floor.

Isabella followed right behind him, so I trailed behind the two of them. We got to the bar and I could see Summer through the crowd, dancing with a couple of her friends that I hadn't met before. As I turned my head to the side, I saw the same guy from earlier that had been staring at me. This time a devious smirk was spread across his face as he made his way towards me. Xander and Isabella were too busy arguing about something to even notice when this guy had come up next to me.

His dirty blond hair was styled upwards in this weird fashion, and the print on his collared button up shirt was a disaster. I tried not to show in my facial expression how much I didn't like this guy already, but I was pretty sure it was obvious to him.

"What're you drinking?" He nodded towards my cup, raising a brow at the clear liquid that swirled around.

"Water."

"Oh wow, how exciting," he scoffed, taking a swig from his beer bottle. He wiped his mouth using the back of his hand before setting the bottle on the bar top. "So how do you know Summer?"

I shrugged my shoulders as I looked away from him. I didn't want to talk with him, but I didn't think he cared, "We're kind of sort of dating. Been on a couple dates."

"Fuck her yet?"

"Excuse me?"

Now my body was completely facing him as he stood there in front of me, a smug looking smile across his lips. He knew what he was doing. I knew what he was doing: trying to get a reaction out of me. I knew he had seen me with Summer earlier at the party, so he had to have known something was going on between the two of us.

He laughed in a mocking manner, and I was starting to rapidly grow irritated and angry with his presence. 

"I'm going to assume you haven't," he shook his head, taking another swig of his drink. "Just so you know, she's a terrible fuck. Can't get her to do anything for you, so make sure you've got someone else on the side. Smartest decision I ever did make."

I stared at him with hatred in my eyes. How could he speak like that? And if he wasn't lying about this side chick thing, I would probably lose it. I had a feeling of who this guy was, but I didn't want to jump straight to conclusions just yet.

"Y'know it's a lot better having multiple people. One you can call your girlfriend, she'll do whatever for you. One to have a nice fuck with when your girlfriend doesn't give in. You know how it goes. Summer is the perfect one to be the girlfriend. She'll do whatever for you and maybe you'll fuck once a month. I'm sure you could find someone else to satisfy your needs. But honestly, Summer has a bangin' body. Not too great on the tits, but that's not much of importance when you're really only focused on her va-"

"Don't speak about her like that," cutting him off, I started clenching my jaw together as I sat there in front of him. I wasn't sure how much more of his presence I could tolerate. Each time I attempted to take a step to the side, he took a step in the same direction, blocking me from going anywhere.

"Am I bothering you?" He sarcastically asked, pouting his bottom lip at me.

I set my water cup onto the bar top as I looked at him, "Who exactly are you, anyways?"

"I'm Scott, Summer's ex-boyfriend," a smirk seemed to be permanently etched onto his face as he looked down at me. "You know, just saying, dumping her sorry ass was the best thing I've ever done. From one guy to another, don't bother wasting your time with her shit."

Ex-boyfriend. 

This was the rich, douche ex-boyfriend she had spoken about.

 Suddenly something popped up in my head, and Summer's words danced in my brain.

I give you full permission to do so.

Before I knew what the consequences of my actions would be, before I really knew what I was just about to do, I rolled my eyes at him and forced a laugh before I punched him square in the jaw. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 64 4
In the world of an otome game, there is always a heroine, a capture target, and a villainess. But what is a villainess if she has no help from a trus...
979K 16.9K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
2.3M 53K 30
Annabelle is or was your average teenage girl.Well sort of, her dad passed away when she was 13 and her mom was never around, but Luke was always the...
80.8K 3.6K 12
{sequel to Internet Friends} to: ivy my wivey ~sent at 4:35 am~ did you know that ivy leaves can be used as medicine? because i think you're the cure...