Fourteen

"Afternoon, Mr. Styles. You look very nice today," Albert greeted me, opening the door of the building.

"Thank you," I responded, adjusting the sleeve of the blazer I wore.

Today was the day of that fashion show thing for Summer, and I was kind of worried. There were multiple reasons I was feeling this way, so it wasn't only the show. But yes, I was worried for this show. I didn't know what to expect going in, and if Summer was going to be in it, obviously I'd be sitting in the crowd alone being my awkward self. If only I had somehow been able to get Izzy a ticket to this thing so she could sit with me and help calm this feeling I had.

Another reason I was nervous was because I hadn't quite talked to Summer the past few days. She was busy doing last minute runs and fittings for this show that we hadn't been able to have time together. So I wasn't able to ask her about any of that stuff Isabella was telling me about her. The more time I had to myself, the more I got to thinking about it. Some stuff made more sense if that was true, like the money and this hotel she lives in and all the people staring and taking pictures of us. And the more I really thought about it, the more upset it was making me that she didn't tell me. Why would it be such a big deal to not let me know? If this is true, I feel like I've just been completely lied to. Just when I was beginning to think that I knew Summer, it was like I really didn't know her at all. That's a huge thing to keep a secret.

"Are you attending the fashion show?" Albert asked, standing inside with me.

I nodded my head as I nervously took a step back, "Do I look like I could fit in at a fashion show? I've never been to one of these. I'm afraid I'll really stand out."

These new clothes from that LYS store, or whatever it was called, made me feel like I was of some kind of importance. No one who wears clothes as expensive as these is a nobody. And in these clothes, I felt pretty good. There was just that little thing in the back of my head that was making me really nervous. 

Albert looked me up and down, placing his hand at his chin and looking like he was really thinking hard. It was building my nerves even more as he squinted his eyes and cocked his head to the side.

He glanced up at me and laughed, probably at the worried expression on my face, "You look good, Mr. Styles. You can relax."

"Please stop calling me that. Just call me Harry," I said, watching as he nodded his head. "You don't think this looks bad? You took a long time to answer that."

"Mr. - Harry, I promise you look good. Take a deep breath. Your nervousness is written all over your face."

"I can't help it."

Just then, the elevator sounded before the doors opened up. I turned around, my eyes immediately falling on Summer. Her hair was damp and she had no makeup on at all. I noticed she was wearing a pair of workout shorts and the shirt I lent her the other day. She looked beautiful, as she always does, but suddenly I felt so overdressed compared to her.

As her vision landed on me, a look of surprise overtook her facial features. Her eyes slightly grew wide as she made her way towards me, pulling the bag she was carrying up over her shoulder.

"Harry," she smiled brightly. Summer stopped right in front of me, looking at me from head to toe. "Wow. You look really good. Is this what you bought?"

"Uh," I don't know why I was having a difficult time thinking of things to say. "Y-yeah. Is it alright? Am I overdressed? I don't know w-"

"You look perfect!" She interrupted, standing on her tiptoes to give me a kiss. "Now let's go because I have to get ready."