Thirteen

Fifth Avenue wasn't a place I went to very often. Sometimes I walked through when I'd be on my way to Central Park, but other than that, I tried to avoid it as much as possible.

There was always just way too many people. You had some people who walked super fast as if they were on a mission, and then there were those who walked slowly down the streets as they stared at every building they passed. I never failed to get stuck in the mass of people on the sidewalk. It was insane every time I came anywhere near that place. It was a shock if you walked down the street without bumping into someone else.

Not only was it always crowded, but every single store down here was expensive as fuck.

"Harry, let's check this place out," Isabella grabbed my wrist, pulling me into a shop.

She, Xander, and I had been on Fifth Avenue for the past hour and a half. I was looking for something to buy for Summer's fashion show thing, and I figured Izzy would be able to give me advice and opinions on anything I tried. Xander just kind of tagged along because he wasn't doing anything for the day, and spending the day outside sounded so much better than sitting on the couch. Plus, he could give his opinion on whatever it was that I tried on.

I walked around the shop that Isabella dragged me into and frowned at her, "I don't like any of this stuff."

"You haven't even looked!" She rummaged through one of the clothing racks. "At least try and look for something."

"What are you even looking for?" Xander asked as he ran his hand through his hair. "Because if you're going to wear a suit then we should probably go to those fancier shops."

"I don't know," I groaned. All of this was a little stressful for me. I never had to do any of this before, so all of this was so foreign and I had no idea where to even start. "Nice pants? I think she said something about a blazer? I don't know!"

"Okay, calm down, bub. We will find something. How are you paying for this anyways?" Izzy looked up at me with a questioning look on her face.

I dug through my pocket and pulled out my wallet. I held up a credit card, flipping it from the front to the back side to examine it a bit.

"Summer gave this to me. She said to buy whatever I needed for this fashion show."

Isabella snatched the card from my hand, "Holy shit, dude. She just handed you some card and said to go shopping? We should totally go into the most expensive stores then!"

"No! I don't want to. I feel really bad that she's paying for this."

"Didn't you say she was filthy rich?" Xander asked me and I nodded my head. "Okay, then what's a few hundred dollars to her? She's offering to pay, so she probably knows you'll spend a lot of money. It's New York City. Everything here is expensive."

I shook my head, "It just doesn't feel right to do this. I don't want to spend her money."

Isabella stuck the card into her purse and crossed her arms, "Then I will. We will pick your clothes, and I'll be the one to swipe it. So you don't have to be the one to spend the money. Does that make you feel better?"

The hint of sarcasm in her voice made me glare at her, but all she did was laugh. She walked out of the store without another word, so Xander and I followed after her. We weren't sure where she was going, we just followed her lead.

She walked down the sidewalk, looking in every direction at each store we passed. Xander and I just trailed along behind her. He was too busy eating from a bag of chips he brought with him to even care where we were going.

"Ooh!" Isabella basically shouted, stopping on the corner of the street. "Let's go into Dior right there! I bet they will have something really nice for you to wear."