Falling in Love isn't always...

By Closeted_Weirdo

I don't know how to describe this story...sadly, but this is a Rune Factory 4 Fanfiction. It's based off a ga... More

Chapter One: ~Beginning~
Chapter Two: Want to make you mine...
Chapter Three: "Obsession"
Chapter Four: "Break and Dolce"
Chapter Five: Over ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
Chapter Six: Summertime(Part One) (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Chapter Seven: Training Flexibilty❦
Mermaid Tale:♫
Chapter Eight: Writing Helps ¤\( '⌂' )/¤
Chapter Nine: Let's Party(This is War)
Chapter Nine: (Part 2)
Chapter Ten: Second-Step Training
Chapter Eleven: Confessions
Chapter Twelve: The Decision
Chapter Thirteen: Resting by No Means

Chapter Six: Summertime(Part Two)❃

342 8 4
By Closeted_Weirdo

Chapter Six: Summertime: Part two;

Restart

It's not always about trying to fix something that's broken. Maybe it's about starting over and creating something better.”

Kyo hesitantly looked up to meet his eyes, “You’re…sorry?”

He managed a small smile, “Why so surprised?”

She smiled, “I’m not…it’s just; why, exactly, are you sorry?”

He gave her a ‘seriously?’ face. “Because, I screwed up, and I probably lost your trust into…being ‘together’?” he shook his head, “..but also as a friend.”

She smiled, “I never said that.”

He returned it with a small smile, “But it’s true, isn’t it?”

She swallowed quietly, “…I don’t know…but all I know for now; is that I wasn’t ready to be in a relationship—it makes everything complicated, doesn’t it?”

He nodded slowly. “I guess so.”

She gave him a curious look, “So…where does this make us?”

“Hm?” he tilted his face a little.

“Are we…gonna stay as friends or…?” she trailed off slowly.

He sighed, “How about we…start over. How does that sound?”

Her eyes widened.

Start over. It had so many meanings behind it…

She cringed and sighed.

She looked down and contemplated for a moment.

Can’t be soo bad…

…we’ll still be friends, right?

And you never know, maybe we’ll become closer..

..or if we were meant to stay as friends?

But what if we’re awkward..?

..if I say no…then it’ll be counted as…selfish; wouldn’t it?

Damn Nabit!

She sighed and looked back up at him and managed a whole-hearted, genuine smile, “Yes, I’d like that.”

He returned the smile with just as much genuine-‘ness’. “Me too.”

They shared one last hug before they had to ‘start over.

 “Um…”

“Haha..yea…”

They both thought of the same thing: What now?

She cringed, ‘It is awkward!’

He broke apart from her and gave her a small smile.

She looked back at him; not knowing she was frowning.

“Uh…” Vishnal said quietly, then smiled down at her, reaching out his hand towards her, “My name is Vishnal, what is yours?”

She swallowed. The moment was so intense to her that she felt she could tear up…

Her hands slowly met his; and she tried to focus on his eyes instead of the warmness his hands brought to her, “Frey.” She answered without thinking.

He raised an eyebrow up at her, “Frey,” he laughed, “you’re not supposed to tell a stranger your former name…(!)”

Stranger…?

Now she really wanted to cry.

She gulped slowly before saying quietly, “But…you’re not a stranger..”

Vishnal stopped laughing—for he saw how difficult this was for her. “Oh Frey…” he whispered, before taking a step closer to her, enveloping her into his arms. “I’m sorry, I should have never suggested this for you—“

“No!” she cried out, breaking out of his hold.

‘Why am I so weak and emotional all the time?’

“We—we have to do this, it’s better for the both of us…” she said. “You know that too, don’t you?”

The emotion that she saw—that he wasn’t even trying to hide—was hurt, “Yes, no matter how hard it is, I know we do.”

She nodded and sighed.

‘Now let’s start over again…’

She gave a big smile, “My name is Kyo, and I work with Lady Ventuswill.”

Her smile turned into a nervous one when he stayed silent, just staring at her.

“Hm? Oh sorry,” he laughed, “My name is Vishnal, and wow, what a coincidence; I also work with Lady Ventuswill.”

“Really? How?” she asked curiously.

‘So far, so good..’

He grinned, “I’m training as a butler.”

“Aww…how manly,” she rolled her eyes, “I mean—“

He laughed, “It’s okay, I get that a lot, actually.”

‘I messed up!’

She placed her palm to her mouth, contemplating something.

He gave her a suspicious, yet curious, look.

She looked back up at him and clapped, “Want to take a swim with me?”

She sounded so ‘overjoyed’ that he couldn’t say no…but..

He awkwardly laughed. ‘Swimming? Playing around together? Not a very good idea, but…okay. Whatever.’ “Um…sure, why not?”

Without thinking, she placed his palm in hers, dragging him closer to the lake.

When she turned around, he was blushing.

“What is it…” she looked at what he was looking at and dropped his hand like it was an Ugly Duckling(Hah). “sorry, sorry..” she rushed out, “Habit, I guess,” she muttered.

He chuckled, ruffling her hair; surprising her, “It’s okay, it’s nice to see you being comfortable with me—as if you knew me for a while..” he said with obvious mockery.

She glared, “Yea, you’re right.”

“Ah, there you are.”

Both of them stared at each other, wide-eyed.

Dylas came up and stood next to Frey, “Hey, I was looking for you.”

“Well…you found me. And I’m hangin out with meh new buddy here.” She said, cheekily, as she pat Vishnals’ shoulder.

Dylas smirked, “Friend?” he mocked, “looks like somebody got friend-zoned. Ahaha.” He mocked.

Vishnal flushed while glaring, “S-shut up—you don’t know anything!”

“Nope, I heard everything—therefore I know everything,” Dylas winked.

“Why you—!” Vishnal growled out.

“Hey, guys…come on now—don’t fight!” Kyo pleaded.

“He started it,” Vishnal muttered, looking in a different direction.

She laughed, “You guys never change..”

“Wait, Kyo,” Dylas said blankly, “but you just met him, didn’t you?” he asked, pointing slightly at Vishnal.

She sighed, “I have to take time to get used to it.”

Vishnal smiled, “I know, me too. But before then…can we hold hands?”

Dylas gave an amused yet annoyed look while Kyo gave a surprised one.

She grinned, “Suuuree, buuddyy…”

 ☣

It seems Kyo was also correct about guessing that they’d become ‘closer’.

During the festival, they spent most of the time together. Getting in their ‘own group’.

While they were sitting on the sand; they were sitting across from each other, knees crossed over each other(-.o), chatting.

“Hey LoveBirds!” a female voice said.

They stopped and glanced towards the voice.

“Margaret?” Kyo asked, surprised, “oh. Um…we’re not dating.” She said, shyly.

“Uh-hm..” Margaret answered, waving her reply away, “soo…instead of being all lovey-dovey together; how about you guys come surfing?”

“Surfing?” Kyo whispered, interested, “I’ll go,” she swirled around to Vishnal, “what about you?”

He gave her a small smile, “I’ll be fine here—“

“Nonsense!” Kyo said, she leaned forward, capturing his elbows in her hands, “don’t be such a loner—you should enjoy today—I mean, you know, because of us starting over?” she muttered.

He smiled, capturing her elbows, “You’re right; come on.” He helped her to her feet and pulled her towards the water.

As Kyo looked up, she shrieked.

“What is it?” Vishnal asked, concerned.

Pia!” Kyo cried, running to…a pink haired girl that he didn’t recognize what-so-ever. “What are you doing here?”

She sounded so excited.

‘Pia’ smiled, “Aah…Frey! Very nice to see you again, how are ya?”

“Gosh, you look…the same,” Kyo said lamely, “but um…I thought if you touched water, you’d turn into a mermaid—a beautiful one too.”

Pia smiled, “So you noticed? That’s nice,” she said and laughed, “I’ve learned to control it, and besides, I love being a mermaid and all…but I also love doing stuff like this.”

“Like what?” Kyo asked dumbly.

This.”

And so Pia climbed onto a board, while Gaius(?) was on the other side of the lake and he used magic(since when could he do that? O.o) to push a big wave. And Pia happily ‘surfed’ it. Really professionally too.

“So that’s Pia, hm?” Dylas asked, “she’s kind of cute.”

Kyo glanced at him, “Hey, back off.”

He smirked, “What, jealous?”

She rolled her eyes, “So full of himself, isn’t he?” she muttered, “and no, she has a boyfriend.”

“Oh,” he muttered. “That guy over there?”

Kyo nodded happily, “aren’t they cayute together?”

Dylas shrugged, “I guess you could say that.”

Kyo laughed, “Don’t worry; there’s plenty of girls for ya, Dally!”

‘Dally?’ Vishnal thought, curiously.

Dylas chuckled, “No thanks.”

“Oh, well, I tried,” Kyo said sarcastically.

“Wanna surf with me, Frey?” Vishnal asked, reaching his hands out.

She looked at him, surprised.

‘He called me Frey again…’

She happily accepted, “Sure…”

****Chapter Six: Summertime: (Part two—end)

Picture of "Pia" on the side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33 3 18
The story involves around my character Alexius Wright who struggles with guilt, trauma, anger, entitlement issues, irresponsibility, childishness, d...
16.8K 394 32
'Bad Boys Ain't Good But Good Boys Ain't No Fun.' "Don't look, but it's the king of being horny behind you." I automatically looked behind me, making...
244 21 26
Hi there! I'm new to writing and this is the first ever story I've written. I know there are going to be a lot of mistakes since English is neither...
1.9K 18 13
???: "All you've done is ruin people's lives..." SMG4: "Look I'm sorry! I didn't mean-" The ground around the two begins to crumble. ...