The English Boy

By iamsammyyy

Filipina-English self-proclaimed tomboy, Joe McCarthy moves to Ilkley, West Yorkshire, England and starts adj... More

The English Boy
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Lost in Yorkshire
Playlist

Chapter 1

18.8K 87 0
By iamsammyyy

Last Day of School! Like, Finally! School's been driving me extremely crazy like hell for the past few days because of finals and now, everything's finally putting to an end! God! Like, I've been drinking cups of coffee almost every night just to keep myself awake and study more. And then the bell rang...everybody screamed in excitement! High-Pitched screams, since we are all girls in this school. That's right! I go to an all-girls school.

My name is Johanna Ricci Navarro McCarthy, but everyone calls me Joe. I was born and raised here in Manila, Philippines. Well, I did spend a year and a half in the states when I was like 4 months old and I go back there almost every summer. I am 16 years old. Again, I go to an all-girls school. Precisely, Maria Magdalena High School, which is exclusively for girls.

So, I don't really have a lot of friends. Just a few. Okay! Fine! Few, as in like, I only have 3-7 friends. Most of the girls at school think I'm weird. But in my opinion, I'm just, in some ways, tomboyish. I play a lot of video games since I was 8 years old, I love skateboarding, wearing Chuck Taylors with dresses and most of all, I love WWE! I've been watching WWE with my mom since I was 4 years old, and I became a crazy fan when I was 9. That's why I wanted people to call me "Joe" instead of "Hanna" or "Anna" or "Annie", etc.! I also hate it when people call me "Johanna". For me, my name sounds too long. So, I go with "Joe". Originally, people called me "Annie" when I was like younger. But then I grew up and got a little bit boyish, I wanted people to call me "Joe".

My best friend is Jenna Massaro. Jenna and I have been best friends since 1st Grade when she moved here in Manila from Sydney, Australia. Actually, her parents are both Filipinos, but, yeah. Her dad is half-Italian. Jenna was just born and raised in Australia along with her brother and came here six years later. When she came here, she had this really thick Aussie accent with her. But like two years later, that thick Aussie accent of hers vanished into thin air.

Besides Jenna, I have another best friend: my mother. My mother is also my best friend. We're more of like sisters, to be honest. When I was little, she and I used to wear the same clothes all the time like in church, whenever she was wearing a yellow sundress with a black accent, I'm wearing the same thing: a yellow sundress with a black accent. Sometimes, she, Jenna and I would go shopping together. That's because my mom has a teenager's mind, if you would put it that way. My mom spoils me a lot though, since I am her "favourite person in the world" and her "Little Angel". But out of all the terms that she refers to me, I prefer "Little Sister".

So, my last day of school went perfectly fine. First of all, Jenna carpooled with me in the morning when we were on the way to school and we were both going crazy because...last day of school? Inside the car on the way to school, we talked about our summer plans...

"Hey, are you going back to the United States this summer?" Jenna asked me.

I couldn't answer her question. I honestly don't know if I am going there for a vacation this summer or something.

"Mom" I said "Am I going to the States this summer?" I asked, and it took her long enough for her to answer

"Your Aunt Jessie's busy at the moment. Most probably, you're not going to the States this summer, but-" she turned to me "You will go out of the country this year".

I shrugged.

"Cool" I said.

When we arrived in school, we were surprised by some of our friends. I just learned that almost all of them are going out of the country this summer, and that's when I felt a little bit of jealousy inside of me since I am not going anywhere out of the country this summer, according to mom. But, she said this year. How would I even know when this year?

"Hey, Joe. Are you going to the States this summer?" Kim, one of my friends, asked.

"Unfortunately, no" I said "Why'd you ask?"

"Kim's going to San Jose on April 8" Isabella, Kim's best friend, said.

"San Jose, Batangas?" I said.

"San Jose, California" Kim said.

Okay! I don't care!

I actually knew she meant San Jose, California all along, but something sort-off jut cracked inside me Im just bothered by the fact that everybody will be going on a vacation this summer, meanwhile, I'll just be staying at home.

Since the last week of school, mom's been acting completely strange. Like, as if I'm not going to Maria Magdalena next year. On the last day of school, I was gonna tryout for the Varsity Soccer team for next school year (Club Enlistments at our school occurs usually on the last day of school) because my coach recommended me so, I said I'll just give it a shot and when I told mom, she said no. She said I shouldn't be trying out for club for next school year. Either way, I'll still be part of the regular Football team, but why couldn't I try-out for anything else? Of course, I was curious, so I had to ask her why, but then she said she wanted me to give Football a break, and focus on more important things, such as studying.

Another fact about me is that I'm the class clown along with Jenna. Most of the teachers admire our jokes and such, while some teachers are annoyed with us because they do not know how to deal with our jokes. In fact, our World History teacher got disappointed at us just last week when we joked while we were discussing the decline of the Mongolian Empire...

"What do you think happened to the Mongols after the decline of the Empire?" Mr. Salvador, our Social Studies teacher asked.

"They turned into pencils" I joked.

"Or maybe they turned into Chicken Barbeque!" Jenna joked after me.

Afterwards, everybody laughed, except for Mr. Salvador...

"Do you think that's funny, Ms. McCarthy and Ms. Massaro?" he turned to us.

"The whole class laughed, so, yeah-" Jenna said.

"Am I laughing right now?" he said to us.

Mr. Salvador is just too serious! I don't think he gets the point of joking and stuff, but we all like him as a teacher because he's quite generous when it comes to grading his students.

Ms. Nazal, our Math teacher is quite the opposite of Mr. Salvador. She understands us, she's quite fabulous and sassy and she's the best!

On the last day of school, we don't do anything, except recheck our Exam results. Ms. Nazal wasn't so happy with the class' outcome on the Exam. Most of my classmates got confused with measuring a rhombus' sides and angles...I mean, seriously?

So, Ms. Nazal had to discuss the measurements and stuff all over again so that we won't have a difficult time next year.

"Girls! It's very simple! The sides of a rhombus are all congruent. Opposite angles of a rhombus are congruent. The intersection of the diagonals of a rhombus form perpendicular angles!" Ms. Nazal explained on the board "Joe, what is a rhombus?" she asked me.

"A rhombus is a drunk square" I said, and everybody laughed.

I didn't really mean to make everyone laugh. It just goes that way! When you're the class clown, it's almost as if every single thing you do whether it's funny or not would just make people laugh.

I went to Jenna's house after school. Her uncle and her older brother, Michael picked us up from school and we went straight to McDonald's to grab some food and went to her house. We watched movies like "A Cinderella Story" and "Mean Girls". After watching movies, we went Skateboarding on her neighbourhood. Our weekend activities consists of a lot of skateboarding. But, Jenna and I are completely different. She's way prettier and more rich than me. Almost every boy she knows like her, and like her, I mean, Like her-like her. Meanwhile, they hate me because they know I hate them. Jenna has a lot of contact with boys, and I don't! Why? Because I don't want to. Some people often wonder why I am somehow tomboyish when I don't have contact with boys and I don't know how they think. True, I don't know how they think. But honestly, I did have contact with a few boys in the past like Christopher Li, my first crush. He's half Chinese. So, before attending Maria Magdalena High School for girls, I used to go to a co-educational school during my preschool years, and that's when I met Christopher and I fell for him. But, we were 6 years old back then so, nothing serious really happened between us. Just some kind of "puppy love", if you would put it that way.

Summertime when was 8 years old, I went to San Francisco and spent the summer with my aunt Jessica, my mom's older sister. That's where I met Nathan Bayer, an all-American boy my age who was the son of my aunt Jessie's friend. I didn't have feelings for him, and I'm sure he didn't have feelings for me too. But, he's one of the reasons why I became sort of tomboyish. For 2 months, he taught me how to ride a skateboard and play video games. Mostly video games. After that, we never saw each other again because the next time I came back to the United States, his family had already moved to Cleveland, Ohio.

When I came back to the states when I was 13, Aunt Jessie moved to Houston, Texas. That's where I met Aaron, who was also the son of my Aunt Jessie's friend...also. He's Filipino. We met because of some kind of baby showers party for his mom, who was pregnant at that time. And then my aunt just introduced us to each other, he seemed stunned with me. We talked about a lot of stuff, and he told me that he was feeling depressed because he caught his girlfriend cheating on him the day before the baby showers party. He told me a lot of things about himself like he can play the guitar, red being his favorite color, Basketball being his favorite sport and Manny Pacquiao being his idol. And I told him purple's my favorite color, I play piano and guitar, Football is my favorite sport, Georgina Wilson being my girl crush and role model and AJ Lee, the WWE Female wrestler, being my idol. The next few days, he took me to the mall, to Space Center Houston and Barnes and Noble Bookshoppe, because I told him how much I love books. I was also a WWE fan so, he bought me action figures and stuff. And I told him how much I love Chuck Taylors, so, he bought me 4 pairs of converse. I wasn't sure if this was okay for him because, he's a boy, and I don't really know how boys think. I was about to ask Aunt Jessie if Aaron is really like that, but then I thought that maybe I should ask someone who knows a lot of things about boys,

I told Jenna everything via skype, and she told me that Aaron is into me, and she said that I should believe her because one, she's my best friend and two, she knows A LOT about boys. So, I believed her.

The following days, I became clingy to Aaron because Jenna said that he likes me, but then I discovered that he got back with his girlfriend and told me that he just "needed some help from me" to make his ex-girlfriend jealous and she would come back to him...and it worked! So technically, Aaron just used me. I didn't hate him after that. I was still hoping for an us because I was sure, I was in love with him. But, I lost hope because nothing really changed after he and his ex-girlfriend got back together and he said we can't fall in love with each other because none of us would survive a long-distance relationship, in which I agreed. The day before I left Texas, I returned him all of the things he had bought for me: the WWE Action Figures, the 4 pairs of converse, all those books from Barnes and Noble and all of those clothes from Forever 21, Cotton On, American Eagle from those shopping allowance he had given me because I realised i used him too. I realised I only fell for him because of all those material things he had given me.

I told Jenna everything once I came back to Manila, and she apologised and she admitted that she's the reason why I was feeling heartbroken. She admitted that she was wrong, and she doesn't know EVERY single thing about guys because if you read between the lines, people are different!

Jenna made me assume that Aaron was interested in me, but it was my fault too. I also assumed. Since then, I didn't want to assume anymore. I didn't care about boys anymore, and if ever it is obvious that a boy really likes me, I will still not assume, no matter what!

So, yeah! I did have contact with boys, but not as much as Jenna does. That's because Jenna has an older brother. I don't even have siblings of my own, or even a dad. My mom struggles a lot just to provide me with a bright future. Jenna's parents don't struggle to raise their two kids because they are not divorced or anything. Besides, my parents are not legally married. But who gives a crap about my dad, whoever he is or whatever worth he may be?! My mom moved on like sixteen years ago. I've never moved on because I've never met my dad. But, I will have a new dad soon. My mom's boyfriend, Bobby Martin, gives her the respect she deserves. I call him "Uncle Bobby", but things are about to change a few years from now, I assure you. Uncle Bobby told Jenna and I that he is planning to marry my mom after 2 years. Which means after 2 years, I'm gonna have to start calling him "dad" instead of "Uncle". Bobby is Filipino-Norweigan. He was born and raised in Stavanger, Norway to Filipino parents. He moved to the Philippines when he was 16. He's a Cosmetic Surgeon, but he's also a part-time tutor and a model. He's been modelling since he was 18 because...he's hot? Yeah! My mom is very lucky to have a hot boyfriend. He's getting quite famous, actually. He also tutors girls my age and he told me that most of them are all googly-eyed on him, and I just go like "Back off! He's my mom's".

Mom was 25 when she gave birth to me. She was a part-time tour guide studying medicine, but she never even wanted to be a doctor. She would always choose adventure than studies, that's why my mom became the Black Sheep of her family. When she found out she was pregnant with me, of course, her parents (my grandparents) freaked out. Then her parents promised that they would help her raise me if she could turn her back on Adventures and focus on her studies instead. My mom had no choice. She couldn't raise me on her own so, she quit her tour guide job and worked harder to finish studying medicine.

The night after the last day of school, Jenna and I went to Bonifacio Global City and went skateboarding. We both go to BGC almost all the time because my mom works at St. Luke's Medical Center and I just take Jenna with me so that I have someone to hang out with. After skateboarding, we go to Starbucks because Jenna and I became really close friends with the 19 year old barista who works there, Alexa. We met Alexa a year ago. She was 18 back then. My first impression of her was "really pretty" while Jenna's first impression of her was "not one of the most sexiest girls around" since she believes that there are more beautiful girls out there other than her. True, but believe me! Alexa is very pretty! We became close because Jenna and I kept on going back there, and then Alexa noticed then the three of us became friends out of nowhere.

Anyway, the first three weeks of summer were just all about hanging out with Jenna at BGC. A few weeks ago, Jenna and I were skateboarding at High Street and what really annoyed me that day were boys waving and winking at us. I ignored them, of course, because as I said, I don't really like having contact with guys and if anything, I'm a tomboy myself. Meanwhile, Jenna was smiling and blushing and really flattered, which is extremely irritating!

We went to Starbucks and Alexa greeted us by the counter. She knows exactly what we want so instead of going to the counter, ordering and paying, we just go straight to the bar and wait for our drinks and pay there. I caught Jenna flirting with a group of guys who wear seated near the bar while I was talking to Uncle Bobby. When I saw this, I put my phone down (without even hanging up on Bobby) and pulled Jenna's hair.

"You are such a flirt!" I said as I pulled her hair

"What?!" She turned to the group of guys, and so did I "It wasn't me! They started it!"

"Damn those guys" I said to myself, as I was headed towards their direction. I slapped one of them afterwards "Could you please stop staring at us like that?!"

"Us?!" One of the guys said

"Both of us!" I gestured to Jenna

"Ohh, we're not looking at you" all of the guys turned to Jenna "We're looking at that chick with the black crop top"

"Yeah! We dig pretty girls, not the boyish ones" one of them said

I turned to Jenna, and then she shrugged. I turned back to the guys afterwards.

I grabbed one of the guys' drink and spilled it on his head. Everybody in Starbucks then turned to us.

"Joe" Alexa called me at the bar.

"Here" Jenna handed me my drink.

"What was that all about?" Alexa asked.

"Just a bunch of wimps" I replied. I turned around, and I saw that there were no vacant seats.

"So, I guess we better drink these outside?" Jenna said.

I turned to the group of guys who were flirting with Jenna. They were helping the guy I spilled with frappuccino clean himself. I approached them and placed my skateboard on top of the table. The next thing I know, they all ran away and out of the shop.

"I still don't know how the hell you do that" Jenna said, as she placed her stuff on top of the table "No wonder why no guy ever asked you out! You scare them away!"

"I'd rather scare guys away than make them ask me out" I replied "That's how I like it!"

A few days later, one of our classmates, Kate Garcia, emailed Jenna, inviting us to her party, at her place, of course. Jenna and I had nothing to do that day so, we decided to go. Plus, we've never been to Kate Garcia's house, but everyone in school says that it's more of like a mansion than just a house. Kate is from a rich family. Her family does live in a mansion. The party took place at her backyard, which is very huge because there's a swimming pool, a jacuzzi and almost everything! Jenna and I were really amazed. But I'm not so sure if I like Kate. Not because she's popular or anything, but because something smells fishy around her...or is it just me? When it comes to these kinds of parties, I won't go straight to fun because all there was in the party was drinking and dancing and eating and swimming. Jenna and I didn't want to feel out of place so, we just went with the party's flow as the night went on.

A week later, I signed up for Soccer Classes while Jenna signed up for Summer Classes in our school. Jenna begged me to sign up for Summer Classes this year, but I told her that I already paid for the Soccer Sessions, which I already did. Besides, I signed up for Summer Classes last summer because Jenna thought it would be great when really, it was stressful! I almost died! I had to study a lot for myself to survive. It was good pain for me though.

After Summer Classes ended, I went to the United States and spent the rest of my Summer Vacation there, while Jenna went back to Australia to visit her Aussie friends and other relatives of hers who still resides there. I had six weeks left before school started again. My aunt lives in Houston, Texas, and that's where I stayed for the first three weeks. She used to live in San Francisco, California but then she got promoted in Houston and moved there. That was like my fifth time going to the states, including my one and a half year stay, and it was kind of my first time in Texas. I gotta say, she became more successful when she moved in Houston, but I did miss San Francisco a lot. I missed all those crazy hills and cable cars, the Alcatraz Island and most especially the Golden Gate bridge. And then after three weeks, I went to Los Angeles for my cousin's Graduation and then went back to the Philippines after six weeks.

Speaking of the States, I have this some kind of American-look in me. I'm hell sure I didn't get it from my mom because my mom is Filipino-Chinese, and so as my aunt from the states because she's my mom's sister (well, obviously since I've never met my dad). I'm not sure though if it's American I have. It's more of like British because I have freckles. Well, most Americans are of British descents. I tried asking mom once, and all that came out was "I don't want to talk about your father". Mom never told me everything about dad, and I just went like "What the heck!? You're my mother, you're supposed to be telling me all about my father. I know you hate him, I hate him too but please at least tell me something about him?". They separated before I was born, I guess. At least, that's what my mom said once. I asked my aunt about my dad as well when I was in the states. She just told me that my dad is not a Filipino. So basically, I'm just half-Filipino. Actually, people could already tell by my surname. My surname is "McCarthy", which is more of British but, I can't be sure.

Soccer clinic started first Week of April. Jenna's classes started two days before my Soccer sessions did. Seemed like everyone at Soccer Camp knew each other for years. Then after introducing each other and such, I discovered that these people had been attending Soccer Camp every summer. I was the only newbie. It was so awkward! I just wish Jenna were here! If only Jenna could play Soccer, but she plays Volleyball instead because she's kind of the "girly" type of gal. Oh well...at least I'm sure I would have lots and lots of fun at Soccer Camp. Yeah, right...

Arianna Lastimosa is like the Team Captain of that Football club. She's pretty, but, such a flirt. Way worse than Jenna. She goes to Saint Peter High School, our rival school. I didn't buy all those school feuds, but she sort-of did and she tried making my life miserable ever since that day she found out...

"What's your last name?"Arianna asked, holding a notepad and a pen.

"Huh?" I asked.

"For the jersey?" she said.

"McCarthy" I said.

She scoffed.

"What's your last name?" she asked again.

I shrugged.

"McCarthy" I said.

"Very funny!" Arianna said. She put the notepad and pen down and turned to me "Could you stop lying about your surname and give me the real one?!"

"McCarthy!" I yelled.

She froze.

"Seriously?" she asked.

"Seriously" I replied.

"You're not joking? You're not messing around?" she asked.

"I'm not" I said.

"So, you're like, half-American?"

"I don't know" I said.

"What do you mean you don't know?!"

"I.DON'T.KNOW" I said. God! This bitch is annoying!

"Okay, fine!" she shook her head "Number?"

"ten" I said.

"Ten!? Can't you see that's already my number!?" she said.

"What? I love Leo Messi" I said.

"Well, number 10's taken! Choose another one" she said.

"Fine! Eleven! That's my birth month" I said.

"Where do you study?" she asked.

"Maria Magdalena" I said, and she glared at me afterwards.

"Seriously?" she asked.

"Why? Is there a problem?" I asked.

"I go to Saint Peter High School" she said.

I shrugged.

"So?!" I said.

***

Three Weeks at Soccer Camp and I am dying! These other girls at Soccer Camp are so mean! They're judgmental, and they bully me just because I'm a newbie, and I'm the youngest. I then thought to myself "I should've signed up for Summer School". There are still like two Weeks left for soccer camp! God! Like, come on! End already!

I am signing up for something else next summer!

Jenna was the only one I could talk to that day when I was really upset. I asked her to come over, but she had to go to school. 

I had to calm myself down. So, she took me to the mall afterwards and did some summer shopping. I'm always glad that I have Jenna by my side. When we were kids, we fought a lot. You know? When she just moved here from Australia. Actually, I hated her because the older "Cool" kids would always approached her and say something like "Oh My Gosh! You're that Aussie kid everyone's been talking about, are you?" or "What is it like in Sydney?". Okay! I guess I was jealous. When Jenna didn't "exist" yet, when she was still in Sydney, I was like the "Princess" of everything. And then she arrived here in Manila with all those Aussie accent and such, she took my throne. But ever since we reached Middle School, we barely fought. I guess it's because we've matured after all those years of jealousy and other kiddie issues like that. Like, as time goes, things change, people change. Even Jenna's accent changed. I said that before like after a couple of years of staying in the Philippines, her Aussie accent just disappeared, if you would put it that way.

We were at Forever 21, our favorite clothing store!!! Anyways, we were checking some stuff out when Jenna brought the Summer School thinggo up...

"Told you you should've signed up for Summer School" she said

"I can't believe I'm saying this but, you're right! You're absolutely right! This isn't entirely easy for me to say, but I'd rather be at Summer School with you rather than getting bullied by a group of boastful soccer players who are complete strangers!" I said.

"I don't get it. Why would they bully you just because you're the youngest?" she asked.

"Here's the thing! We are actually divided into groups. By age, actually. Anyways, the coaches placed me at age 18 group, I don't know why"

"Maybe because the coaches thought you were good?"

"I don't even care! I just want it to end already!"

"But Soccer is like your passion, isn't it?"

"My what?!"

"Passion. Oprah Winfrey said that Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you. I, of course, agree with her. But in my opinion, passion is doing what you really love to do and putting your goals and dreams into action. But most of all, passion is when you listen to your heart"

"Listen to your heart? Yeah! I will listen to my heart like right now because my heart is telling me to just kick the asses of those bitches!"

"Joe!"

"I love you, Jenna. So no offense, but whatever you just said about Passion and such, it doesn't make any sense."

"Ohh you'll see!!! It'll make a lot of sense one day!!! Besides, you might need it one day as well."

"Yeah, of course it will!" I said sarcastically.

"Your game is tomorrow, right?" She asked.

"We have games every session" I said "but, I don't think I'll survive another day in that hellhole."

"No!" Jenna held my wrist "you're going tomorrow."

"No!" I protested.

"Why not?" She asked.

"I just said I won't last another day with them!"

"That's the problem with you, Joe! You're always negative about almost everything and you always give up! Remember, winners never quit and quitters never win!" Jenna said, and that shut me up. But-

"No!" I said "Still not going! It's not as simple as you think."

"Why? Because they're older that you?"

"Exactly!"

"Age doesn't matter! Just because you're 16 and they're all 18? Stand up for yourself."

"What?! You just told me earlier kicking their asses would not be a good idea."

"I said stand up for yourself, not kick their asses! There's a difference!"

"I can't do it! I'm honestly scared of those girls."

"You're scared of those girls, but you're not scared of guys?"

"These girls aren't just ordinary girls!" I said.

"What are they?" Jenna asked.

"They're demons! Who doesn't even get scared whenever they see demons?!"

"Then I'll come with you!" Jenna cupped my face.

I shook her hands off of my face.

"Stop! People might think we're weird! Well, mostly you" I said, and she gave a small laugh.

"That's my Joe!!!" she said.

The Day after was like one of the best summer days that I've ever had in my entire life! Jenna gave school up just to accompany me at soccer.

"So, where are those girls?!" Jenna asked, and I pointed at Arianna, the meanest of the Mean Girls, who was chatting with a couple of guys from afar.

"That girl?" Jenna pointed at Arianna.

"Yeah" I said.

"Arianna Lastimosa?" Jenna asked.

"Wait, how do you know her?" I asked.

"She has a huge crush on my brother" she said "She doesn't know me though. Michael just told me all about her."

It wasn't long enough until the referee blowed the whistle and the game began.

Jenna was cheering me on, which really irritated the "Mean Girls". What really irritated those Mean Girls was during our game. Of course, I was teamed up with those boastful, 18-year old Mean Girls against the 16-year olds (my age. They are so much humble than those a-holes I'm with). Anyways, during the game, I goaled twice, which they didn't give a crap, just like they don't give a crap about anything else but themselves. And then the opponents goaled three times.

"Come on, Joe!!! You can bring it back!!!" Jenna was cheering for me.

My teammates turned to Jenna and yelled at her to shut her mouth because she was "distracting" us, and then they blamed me because I was "not opening up" or "not running too fast". At one point of the game, they were ganging up against me. It didn't piss me off. Just a little but, I guess it bothered Jenna a lot...

"Bullshit! Joe goaled twice for you!" Jenna approached and yelled at them, defending me.

"Okay! okay! Who the hell are you?" Arianna asked her.

"Who the hell am I?! Who the hell am I! Who the hell are you to treat my best friend like that!? You could barely move during the game! Joe was doing all of the work!" Jenna was still yelling, while the girls just laughed their asses out, thinking that Jenna was only kidding.

"Who is this, McCarthy? Is she like your sidekick or something?" Arianna asked, while the other girls laughed.

"Ari," Toni, Arianna's best friend shrugged her "She's Jenna Massaro."

"Massaro?!" Arianna shrieked, and then she turned to Jenna "Michael's little sister."

"Yeah. You're right!"

The Mean Girls froze stiff afterwards and turned to each other. Arianna later turned to Jenna.

"You know what, you're just like your brother! You are so cute!!!" Arianna said, as she pinched Jenna's cheeks.

That's when I had enough of her. I realised it was time for me to stand up for myself. I found a soccer ball nearby and approached it. Before I kicked it, I aimed the ball to her, which she didn't even notice because she was still laughing and making fun of Jenna and I along with the other girls. And then I quickly kicked the ball, it hit her stomach and she fell on her knees. Wow! She really got hurt. But, whatever! It was fun watching her, getting the taste of her own medicine.

"Nice one, Joe!!!" Jenna said to me, and handed her a soccer ball.

"Of course!!!" I said.

"Joe!" our coach yelled from behind, walking towards Jenna and I, while medics rushed to Arianna's aid.

"Yes, coach?" I said.

"Don't get cute with me" coach said "I saw what you did to Arianna."

"I didn't mean to hit her stomach. Just her head, you know? Less pain occurs when a soccer ball hits your head?" I guess I was trying to get cute with coach. Probably because I don't want to get in trouble?

"Joe. I'm sorry to say, but you're gonna have to leave! I don't want any scandalous players around here. I'm kicking you out from camp!" coach yelled at me.

I know I should be upset and all but, I'm not! In fact, I'm delighted to hear that I just got kicked out!!!

"Okay. Whatever!!!" I said, as I was about to leave with Jenna.

"Leave the ball!" coach said.

"My pleasure!!!" Jenna said, as she spiked the soccer ball (because she's a Volleyball player) and the ball hit Arianna's head (fortunately), hurting her even more.

She deserved it!!! Though, I felt bad for her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 401 21
Undeniably snobbish and beautiful, Nia Gozali always had high standards for herself and she refuses to accept any less in a potential partner. Due to...
89.6K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
93.2K 3.8K 45
Imagine having to go through something so horrifying that no one thought you could ever be the same. Then someone comes along to prove them wrong. F...
12.6K 774 36
-Completed- Highest Ranking: #34 in Chic lit, #15 in LDR Sophie Jimenez, whose heart has been broken by the only guy she has ever loved moves on wi...