In Another World As A Dragon...

بواسطة BlazingDragonicWolf

Welcome to another fantasy story about some guy suddenly waking up as a Dragon! Out of all the confusions, mi... المزيد

Before Anything...
Chapter 1 - "The Awakening"
Chapter 2 - "The Intrusion"
Chapter 3 - "Rage"
Chapter 4 - "Dream"
Extras - "Chapter 4.5"
Chapter 5 - "Adventurers"
Chapter 6 - "The Far East"
Chapter 7 - "The Orphanage"
Chapter 8 - "Dispute"
Chapter 9 - "Divided"
Chapter 10 - "The Highest Mountain"
Chapter 11 - "The High Mage"
Chapter 12 - "Residence"
More Extras - "Chapter 12.5"
Chapter 13 - "Black Sun"
Chapter 14 - "Destruction"
Chapter 15 - "A Familiar Face"
Chapter 16 - "Necromancy"
Chapter 17 - "The Second Dragon"
Chapter 18 - "Break Time"
Chapter 19 - "White Dragon"
Even more Extras - "Pre-chapter 20"
The Final Extra - "Pre-chapter 21"
Chapter 21 - "Crossing Paths"
Chapter 22 - "Climax"
Chapter 23 - "Eternity"
(Bonus Extra!) Pre-chapter 24 - "Fates Intertwined"
Chapter 24 - "Closure"

Chapter 20 - "There You Are"

5K 161 35
بواسطة BlazingDragonicWolf

Awakened after a nice, long rest, our MC finds himself in an unknown place, together with what he believes to be a mysterious girl under a mystical tree. She claims to know where he's from, clearly stating that she knows something he doesn't.

(Mysterious Girl): "I have been wanting to meet you... stranger from another world."

Arufaz: "H-... Huh...?"

(Mysterious Girl): "Come over here."

Her hand is gesturing signs that scream "come here" in a really obvious way. And, does she really expect him to do what she says out of the blue like that? Although, since dawdling around won't really give him answers, he'll just have to roll with it. Besides, they seem to be in a very mystical place, filled with some kind of glowing snow and grass that, just like the tree, changes color every now and then.

Arufaz isn't even surprised that the sky is dark. He suspects that they're either in a cave or in his dreams. He comes near her without asking, nor even saying, a word. She'll probably explain everything through magic.

(Mysterious Girl): "My name is Chryselda. But please, call me Chrys. Lower your head."

The girl touches his forehead then everything turned white. Once color began to come back, Arufaz finds himself to be in an even more mystical place, even more vast than Chryselda's.

A number of colorful planets can be seen in the sky, the mountains around them are all emitting that same glowing snow particles on their mountain tips and the plantations are all glowing too, and even the creatures seem to be thriving from this magical place.

They appear to be on a hilltop and Chryselda begins walking down, following a pathway that leads to a group of stone pillars at the end of it. The end of the path seems really far, as far as he can see it, and she plans to walk all the way there?!

Arufaz opens his wings and grabs the girl without warning then flies straight towards the stone gathering. Upon arriving, he puts Chryselda down and sees that the stone pillars were actually chairs, since there are people sitting on it. Out of five pillars, four seats were taken, and one is unoccupied.

In the middle of the five seats, a very old and bearded man lay seated on top, wearing a white robe with garments that seem to ooze out something unearthly. To his right is a refined woman who looks like she's mastered the arts of 'table manners'. If anything, she looks sophisticated.

On his left is another man with black eyes and red pupils. His left eye seems to be glowing red, you can't even see his pupils there. He has bat-like wings and horns on his head. A pair of what look to be like guards lay behind each stone pillar, idly standing by in wait for orders. Minus the other pillar that was not seated by anyone.

Chrys: "We're here."

Aster: "Well, at least he's early. Unlike a certain someone... Should we begin the meeting without him?"

Gryard: "I don't have all day."

Heione: "I agree. We mustn't tarry any longer."

Chryselda's body starts to dissipate and gets absorbed by another woman, who looks like an older version of her, sitting on one of the pillars beside Heione.

Chryselda: "Fret not, dear friend. She was merely apart of me, that's all."

Surprisingly, she's the only one, out of the other three, who doesn't have a bodyguard of her own behind her.

Arufaz: "So... mind telling me what's going on...?"

The four stare at Arufaz in silence.

Heione: "My, my, what a naughty child. Is this really the most compatible soul that was embodied within the the bringer of the end?"

Aster: "Now, now, Heione. We need to make him aware of everything. That's why we called him here."

Gryard: "If I were to choose between him and his predecessor, I'd take this ignorant brat over that beast any day."

Heione: "True. He is more reasonable than the previous one."

Arufaz is starting to get annoyed by them. He can hear them loud and clear.

Chryselda(chuckles): "Don't be offended by them. They were never nice from the start."

Aster: "Dear boy. Do you want to find out what happened to this world's past?"

Arufaz: "Not really... But, I feel like I should know... So, tell it to me, anyway..."

Aster: "A good answer, lad. Before we begin, allow me to introduce ourselves. I am the Spirit King. I govern all spirits that depart this world in the spirit realm. You can simply refer to me as Aster. This here is the Goddess of Magic. Mind you, her predecessor is much more approachable."

Heione: "Excuse me?!"

Aster: *whistles*

Heione: "Urgh. You may address me as Heione."

Gryard: "Name's Gryard. Son of Demon Lord Reisen."

Chrysleda: "We already met. Once again, I am Chryselda. Call me Chrys."

Aster: "We are what you might say, representatives in each race that joined the alliance. We've brought you here because we believe you are the only one who can stop the impending doom that is... well, unfortunately, is already happening. Allow me to spin you a tale... you see... around 700 years ago, a war broke lose. No, perhaps I shouldn't call it that. It was more of a struggle than a war, for there was only enemy. 700 years ago, the 'Great Demonic End Dragon' nearly destroyed this world."

Arufaz: "Ah..."

Chryselda: "Oh, do not be alarmed. That was not you. However, you do house its body."

Arufaz: "Oh... wait, what...?"

Aster: "Let me finish first. Though, despite its attempts to destroy the world, a number of powerful deities & demons decided to work together in order to slay the Dragon. In the end, the Dragon was slain. But, for a heavy cost. The world was almost nearly destroyed. And, it took until 200 years ago to restore the damage. However, there was one thing that we were unable to restore. Your other half."

Heione: "There are actually two of you. You are the 'Great Demonic End Dragon', the harbinger of destruction. While the other is the 'Supreme Heavenly Sky Dragon', the precursor of all creation. 700 years ago, he was captured, and went missing for hundreds of years. That is... until now. However... its nature has completely changed from before it went missing. It's more aggressive now."

Arufaz: "What exactly happened to it...?"

Gryard: "It was kidnapped."

Arufaz(thought): "That would explain it..."

Aster: "And, this is where you come in. You go out there and save this world."

Gryard: "Personally, we demons would rather do it and gain the glory for ourselves, but alas... the power gap is too wide to be on equal standing with either one of you."

Heione: "We pray you won't mess this up."

Chryselda: *smiles*

Arufaz(thought): "Whoa, whoa, wait, what...?! Do my opinions even matter here...?!! This is all so sudden...!! But, hey... this is something I should've expected that would happen to me the moment I arrived in this world... But, you guys are over ten years late...!!! Was me adjusting to this world's standards all part of your plan...?!! Were you watching me the whole time and waited ten years just to explain to me why you brought me here...?!! Oh, well... better play along..." *sighs*

------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back in the castle, where Draiz & Mara reside... Inside a private room, Mara has also finished explaining the past to the five adventurers, including Draiz.

Rayla(with dread in her eyes): "Is... is all of this true?"

Mara: "Yes."

Strazz: "But, this doesn't make any sense! The world was nearly destroyed? The dragon of creation was captured? All our memories were manipulated?! There is just too many questions in your story to ask all at once!"

Mara(chuckles): "I guess you could say that for each new discovery comes along a thousand more questions to answer."

Draiz: "So, where is Arufaz now?"

Mara: "I wouldn't know."

Draiz: "What do you mean you don't know?!!"

Strazz: "She actually said she wouldn't know."

Mara: "The bug of magic I left behind Arufaz told me he already woke up, but the strangest thing is, he didn't wake up in Everlast Mountain."

Elze: "Then... where do you think he could be?"

Mara: "I've tried what my magic can do, but I never found him. Wherever he is, he'll be alright. He can hold his own."

Draiz notices Rayla's worried face. He then walks past Rayla.

Draiz: "He'll come back. He always does."

Rayla is surprised at Draiz's words, but somehow felt relief from them at the same time.

Rayla(nods): "You're right. He'll be back. I know he will."

Draiz glances at Rayla one more time before leaving the room.

------------------------------------------

Back to where Arufaz is...

Chryselda: "Are you ready?"

Arufaz: "Of course not..."

Chryselda: "Whether you're ready or not, you're going anyways!"

Arufaz: "You are a bad girl..."

Heione: "Funny hearing something like that coming from the mouth of the Dragon that once nearly ended all civilization."

Arufaz: "Fair point..."

Aster: "Now, go!"

Gryard and Chryselda both place the palms towards Arufaz.

Gryard: "You know what you have to do, right?"

Arufaz: "Yeah... yeah..."

Arufaz starts to glow and everything turns white to him again.Arufaz opens his eyes and he finds himself up high in the sky. Looking down below, he sees a white dragon which looks to be chowing down on a mountain of human carcasses.

Arufaz: "There you are..."

With the dots slowly coming into place, our MC now meets his other half in the other world.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

Tree of Ours بواسطة Bleepbloop

الخيال (فانتازيا)

40 0 13
A 21 year old guy meets up again with his childhood friends which are people who live in an alternate reality. He was called by the city, so that he...
Realities Shift بواسطة Karasil

الخيال (فانتازيا)

1K 24 23
A time from long ago, a time possibly unknown to us but in our reality, secrets will be hidden away. powers revealed. A force so powerful no one has...
75 0 13
The life of a young boy changes when he finds out that the world is not only filled with humans but also with creatures that have lived since the XIV...
The Colosseum بواسطة Michael Poulin

الخيال (فانتازيا)

11 0 1
A man wakes up in a cell with a dead inmate. He has no idea who he is or, in this case, what he is.