You. Me. Us. [Niall Horan]

By _adrenaline

[Complete: Written in 2012, so you know what to expect] Niall and Taya have known each other since the beginn... More

Chapter 1 - Niall's Audition
Chapter 2 - Wait...What?!
Chapter 3 - I Hate This World
Chapter 4 - Slumber Party
Chapter 5 - London
Chapter 6 - The Storage Room
Chapter 7 - A Day In London
Chapter 8 - ...Well That Ended Badly...
Chapter 9 - It Has To Be Perfect
Chapter 11 - One Time
Chapter 12 - The Twitcam
Chapter 13 - Drama At The Supermarket
Chapter 14 - The Meadow
Chapter 15 - What's The Worst That Could Happen?
Chapter 16 - Didn't See That One Coming...
Chapter 17 - Too Late
Chapter 18 - Not Enough
Chapter 19 - Screw That
Chapter 20 - Public
Chapter 21 - Meet the Parents
Chapter 22 - End

Chapter 10 - Home

2K 25 10
By _adrenaline

Greetings. This chapter isn't really about Niall, it's more about Taya. But the next one will have Niall. The song is 'Turning Tables' by Adele. The lyrics don't go with the chapter at all, but I was listening to it while I was writing it and the music goes well with the chapter. Well, that's what I think.

Enjoy! Remember to Vote/Fan/Comment!

--Taya--

My bags were packed, I was dressed and my hair looked...decent. I was leaving London today. I don't know if I'm sad or happy to leave, but I'm glad I came. Think about it. If I was still locked away in my Dublin flat, I would be on the computer 24/7, trying to clear up rumors, or staring at my giant Niall poster. 

                I hopped on the subway, and sat alone as I travelled from Victoria to Hamersmith. Sian had to start work again today, so she said her goodbyes early this morning. I picked up one of the newspapers that they always seem to having around here. I started reading some column about finance. I swear I was slowly dying of boredom, so I fliped the pages a few times. 

                 I reached the entertainment section. There was an article that caught my eye, but lately, almost every type of reading material I flick through has something that catches my gaze. It's either about Niall and I or that my favourite band 'The Killers' are touring the UK and Ireland. The article was on 'One Direction', obviously. It was titled 'One Direction's Up All Night Tour sells out in 2 minutes!'. 

                 I have tickets for that. VIP tickets. I read through the article. The journalist talked about how thousands of girls missed out on tickets. I felt bad. There were thousands of girls out there, more devoted to the boys than I am, that missed out.        I don't deserve to be there. I can't even remember the other four's names! Maybe I should-

                 "NOW ARRIVING AT, HAMMERSMITH." the recorded voice boomed through the train and interrupted my chain of thought.

                 I threw the newspaper onto an empty seat and waited for the train to come to a stop.

                 The platform I was waiting at, wasn't underground. It was in broad daylight. It was sunny, for a change. This was the platform where those girls asked for a photo. That seamed like an eternity ago, but it had only been a week.

                Out of the blue, a group of three teenage girls approached me. Here we go again. I turned away and rolled my eyes so they couldn't see. I didn't want any One Direction fans thinking I was rude. Then they would just hate me even more.

                 "Erm, sorry to bother, but are you Taya Oakley?" The one in the middle asked.

                 It always started like that. I nodded.

                 "Just wanted to know if you and Niall are dating. Are the rumors true?" the same girl asked

                 This was new.

                 "Oh, ah, no. We're not." I reply a little to quickly

                 "Good. Because you don't deserve him. And you're really not that pretty. I cant see a reason for Niall to like you." she replied in a nasally voice.

                 I looked around. A few people were watching. You know, I don't mind the bullshit I get on twitter. But when a fan says these things to my face, it's a whole new level.

                 I'm not one of those girls who get called a bitch and then start a cat-fight with the girl that insulted them, I'm more of a sook. I searched for a bathroom sign. I heard the sound of an approaching train, but I decided to catch the next one. I grabbed my bag and paced forward, leaving the jealous girls behind me.

                 "That's right! Leave!" said one of the other girls

                 "Go kill yourself." muttered the one in the middle

                 I tried to stop the tears from pouring out, but I failed. I broke down in public. I got a few stares before I reached the wemon's restroom. I locked myself in a cubical and let the water run down my cheeks like a stream. My mother always told me that crying doesn't help, but I've read somewhere that it releases stress hormones. That's why I cry a lot. 

                My make up was probably smudged. I walked out of the lonely cubical to find that a girl, about my age, was staring at me with concern written over her face. She was tall, with long black hair and tanned skin.

                 "A- are you alright?" she stuttered

                "I'm fine." I lied

                "You sure?" she asked

                I detected an Irish accent in her voice. That made me think of home. Home made me think of Niall. And Niall was the reason those girls insulted me.

                "Not really." I admitted, and then laughed humorlessly.

                "Is there something I can do?" she asked

                This girl seemed caring.

                "No, I'll be fine." I said and waved my hand in front of my face

                "Well, I have to go. I have a flight to Dublin in an hour, and I need to get there soon." she said

                My eyes widened. 

                "Wait, whats your flight number?" I ask quickly

                "Erm...BA667..?" she sounded a little scared If you ask me.

                "Well that's scary. I'm going to Dublin too...and we are on the same flight..." I say

                We both laugh.

                "C'mon. We're gonna be late!" She grabbed my shoulder and we ran out to the platform, just in time for the next train.

                We boarded the train and took our seats.

                "So, what's your name? I'm Paige, by the way." she said

                "Taya." I reply

                "You sound Irish." she comments. I nod. "Where in Ireland are you from?"

                "Westmeath County." I reply

                "I'm from Dublin." she says

                "I'm from Westmeath, but I actually live in Dublin." I say. She looks at me as if she was saying 'go on,'. "I moved to Dublin last year." I explain

                And now you're coming home?" she assumed

                "Only for a few hours. Then I'm going back to my hometown in Mullingar." I explain

--

--

                Paige and I talked for a bit. When it came to boarding the plane, we found out that we were in different sections of the aircraft. But I got her number, so we can keep in touch. 

                 I was only in Dublin for two hours before I headed off to Mullingar in my rental car. The drive was long and boring. Things only got exciting when I saw a sign saying 'Mullingar, next exit.'. Not many people would be this excited to be arriving in a small town, but I am. I'm sick of big cities. I'm sick of apartments. I need some fresh air. I need to be home.

                 I pulled into the familiar road. I weaved through streets, watching the buildings go past. I drove past Niall's old house. The street was empty, so I was able to stop in the middle of the road. I stared at the building, and imagined Niall walking out of the door and me, standing alone. I imagined him waving                 to me, and I imagined myself getting excited like the naive teenage girl I was.

                But that was over a year ago. It's early June now. The suns coming out. I think after I finish my stay here, I'm going to start fresh. No more worrying. No more Twitter. No more photos with fans. 

                 I started moving again. I drove around the corner, and I saw home. I couldn't help but smile as my mother, who was standing in the front yard, started waving her hands up high.

                 I stepped out of my small, rented sedan and ran to hug mum.

                "You ok, sweetie?" she asked

                "I'm fine." I lied. I still haven't gotten over that bitchy fan

                "Come in. Come in." she opened the door

                It lead to a room with a fireplace, a comfy old sofa, a small television and a warm rug. It lead to home.

 -----------------------------------------------------------

 Did you like it? Tell me in the comments!

What do you think will happen when Niall comes to Mullingar? Leave your opinion in the comments!

Don't forget to Vote!

I'm also reading over this now with the song in the background. Yeah...It actually doesn't go too well with the chapter, I was just imagining it.

-Lauren

-----------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 172 21
697K 13.3K 43
She's used to staying at home, studying, reading and writing. He's used to being on tour, girls screaming his name and singing number one hits. The d...
7K 259 34
Anna grew up in Cheshire with her very close friend, Harry. Little did they all know that he would become Harry Styles. They had been separated from...
179K 8K 26
Two different world's collide and it's all because of him. Zayn Malik was just a regular guy. He was an intern at a local radio station and was also...