Into The World of Kamisama Ha...

Per KeiraTsubasa_X

Hello, I'm Alice ~♥ Had you ever dreamed of going to another world? ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ How about an anime world? o(*≧... Més

My Every Day Is Supposed To Be Same As Always But...?!
And We Set Forth To Our New Daily Lives
Mikoto Started Living As A Shrine Priestess
The Deity Is Being Target By The Pop-Star
Our Not-So-Eventful Normal Days Has Started Again
The Imperial Priestess of the Lake Visited the Local Land Deity
Nanami Wants To Tie Himemiko's String of Fate
Author's Note: Hello, It's Been A While

Nanami Becomes A Full-Pledge Land Deity

603 39 5
Per KeiraTsubasa_X

MIKOTO

..huff..huff..haaaa...

"I... I thought I'm already... gonna die there", Nanami weakly said as we're all trying to catch our breath.

"I think we already lost them", Kotetsu said. "At least, we think it is", added by Onikiri.

"It's a ...alright...huff... We've...escaped safely (o_ _)ノ彡", I assured to everyone because I know how cruel the fate of those monster became. The untamed Tomoe is really dangerous.

"Nanami, I think you really need Tomoe to become your familiar. Things like this will continue to happen as long as you have that god mark on your forehead", I tried to convince her.

"Huh? (눈_눈) No, I'll be fine. I don't need him", she continued her defiant attitude as she started to walk away.

I just helplessly sighed.

"Ah! But Nanami-sama, if you bind him with your contract, he will absolutely obey you. That's one of the powers of a Land deity", Kotetsu and Onikiri explained to her.

"Really? That's interesting." Nanami's attention was caught immediately as she makes a devilish expression on her face.

" ←~(Ψ▼◡▼)∈ So, how to do this contract you saying?"

"It's just very simple" Kotetsu started explaining.

" ┐( ̄ω ̄;)┌ No, believe me, it's not", I muttered while dusting my clothes. No one has my attention right now anyway.

"You just need to kiss him", finished by Onikiri.

Nanami froze. Her smile obviously left her face in an instant after hearing it while I'm trying to stop giggling on the other hand.

Then the two spirits started dancing hand-in-hand. "If you do that, he will become your faithful servant and there's nothing he won't do for you~!"

   *gloom*
   "Huh?"       Pfffftt..
(///@_@///)   (ง ื▿ ื)ว
    ↑                    ↑            
Nanami     Mikoto

Then my giggling turned into laughter that burst in the air.

" Kyahahah! They're trying to make you do something wha-?!", Nanami pulled me before I managed to finish my sentences.

                            *pulls* *runs*
C= C= C= C= ┌(;・ω・)┌( >__<)┘
                         "Eh?" "SCARY!!"
                             ↑          ↑
                       Mikoto Nanami

Nanami continued to pull me behind a large tree and we hid there. "They're unbelievable! What were those two trying to make me do?" She complained while catching her breath. I, on the other hand, keeps holding my giggling.

"Come on, stop it Mikoto", she pouts.

"Hehe. Sorry, sorry. Your expression is just too adorable." I apologized to her but it doesn't seem like it made her feel better. In the end, she just helplessly sighed at my teasing.

"Let's just go home," Nanami said while she started walking away.

"Ehhh?!, Are you sure we're not gonna be lost?", I asked.

"Huh? Yeah, it's pretty much far away but I guess we can walk. Or you can just stay behind and wait for those two", she replied while pointing at the two will-o-wisps calling for her.

Maybe Nanami found my question funny but I'm serious. If a normal girl- oh, of course, Nanami has the blessing of her deity mark. She won't get lost like me. While I was still deciding whether to go with Nanami or not, I suddenly remembered something.

"Oh, wait! Nanami? WAHH! She's not here anymore!" Panicking, I looked around and saw her running at a distance while carrying an old lady on her back.

....old lady....

.....

My goodness!!  It's a witch! She's carrying a witch!

"ONIKIRI!! KOTETSU!! HELP!!! NANAMI IS IN TROUBLE!!!" I called the two spirits' attentions as I run to follow her. They hurriedly flew and kicked the old hag out of her back before the hag managed to stab her...

"Nanami-sama, are you alright?" I heard the two checked on her before I managed to reach them. "Yes, thank you", she quickly replied and hurriedly stood up with the help of either Onikiri or Kotetsu or both, since I can't still see them except in their will-o-wisps form.

"I'm glad you're okay Nanami", I called back their attention while pointing at something behind them. "..but the demon hag is coming back HERE!"

"RUUUUNNNNN!!!!"
╭╲(ఠ益ఠ)/ 。。🔥🔥 ─=Σ( つ><)つミヽ(。><)ノ
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
Witch Will-o-wisps Nanami Mikoto

"I won't let you escape! Let me eat you! A land deity will worth a thousand more years of life! Plus another bonus if I also ate the little girl!", the witch shouted while trying to catch us.

"I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die!", I cried while we ran as fast as we can. "DODGE!!" I pushed Nanami and the shrine spirits out of the range of the made of the demon hag's hair strings.

"WAHHH!" Nanami shouted in surprise as we dived into the ground. "Sorry!", I apologized fast as I hurriedly stood up and pull Nanami back on her feet. "Come on, we need to escape!"

"Oh, no! She got Kotetsu!", she worriedly exclaimed as she wants to look back.

"Don't worry, he'll call for Tomoe-dono", Onikiri assured us.

"Then, when he comes, you should form a contract with him", I added.

"NO WAY IN HELL! Whose side are you anyway, Mikoto?" She flatly refused.

"Then, please take this!" Onikiri handed her three pieces of warding talismans. "It's another one of your powers as a Land deity. If you write something, the word takes form, becoming what you wrote"

"Oh! Good, that's helpful", I commented. "Quick, Nanami, do something! But the charm can't be more powerful than you!"

"Really?" Then Nanami started writing something and stuck it into Onikiri. "Turn into a giant guardian deity!"

"Of course It won't work! (//>_<)// ", I blurted.

"Uhhm, Nanami-sama,", the shrine spirit explained. "You don't have that much of spiritual powers"

"WAHH!!", she almost tripped. "You should have said it in the first place!" she yelled.

"How about a bunshin no jutsu(5) strategy", I suggested and they both looked at me with full confusion. "What's that?"

"Just follow my lead", I told them and just after we finished setting up the trap, the hag stretched again her strings to catch one of us.

"Ittedakimasu(6)!" The demon hag gleefully jumped at her catch but unfortunately, it was just a log with Nanami's name.

In an instant, the witch fell for the trap. If weren't for the fact that we're escaping, I would have already jumped in joy right now.

"I only have one talisman left", Nanami reminded us.

"I think we have no other choice but to use that", I told her in a meaningfully way. She understood and unwillingly wrote on the talisman. It flew the moment she finished writing.

Onikiri used this chance to lead us the way and we stopped in front of a large dead tree. "Hurry, Nanami-sama, Mikoto-dono, climb! It's the only way to shake a witch off is to climb trees!"

"Okay!" Without a second thought, I started climbing. I may not be accustomed to climbing trees but the adrenaline rush in my blood pushed me to make it possible. Nanami hesitated for a moment but still followed me behind.

" (ᗒᗣᗕ)՞ EEKK! It's so high, so high", cried Nanami who was being left behind since I climbed faster than her because of her clothes. I've finally reached another branch and reached my hand towards her. "Nanami, here!"

When she finally grabbed for my hand, I noticed the witch caught up with us.

----\() | ← Mikoto

EHH! She's closing in on us!

|\(l|l º □ º)/ | ← Nanami

She's right behind me!

| ╭╲ (ఠ益ఠ)╮/╲ | . ← Witch

Ekhekhek! I finally found you, little girls.

The witch also climbed the tree and immediately grabbed one of Nanami's legs.

"AIEE! LET GO OFF ME! LET GO OFF ME!" Nanami screamed while trying to kick off the old hag.

"Wait, Nanami! I can't pull you up properly if you're movi-WAHHH!" I lost my balance and almost slipped off the branch if it weren't for Onikiri's help.

"Looks like you're in big trouble, Nanami", a familiar voice spoke beside me. "I flew over, after hearing that you're in a pinch"

"To-Tomoe!" Nanami happily called his name.

"He's finally here", I thought. "I'm glad Nanami's talisman reached him at the right time. Now, I just hope things will still go on smoothly like in anime, or else I'll die", I secretly cried inside my mind.

       ハ_ハ
" ԅ( ˘⌣˘) ...to watch you from above, that is " He added.

" ╲ (°ロ°╲) WHA-T!?"

...uhhh.. but I still really hate his attitude. If I wasn't holding onto Nanami, I've already hit this guy.

Hearing that Tomoe won't help us, the witch laughed once more and pulled Nanami harder. This infuriates Nanami "I said, let me go!" She kicked her harder also in which she succeeded to make the witch fall but it also made me more unbalance in my position.

"Whaa~!" I cried. "That was careless, I almost fell", We somehow managed to help Nanami hold onto the branch where I was on, with the help of Kotetsu and Onikiri.

"Do you want me to save you?" Tomoe told Nanami in a cheeky way while ignoring me. "You want my help, right?" He teases her once more.

Nanami gave him a hateful glare but he didn't mind it. He continued with a smile, "If you cry and beg and admit that you were a fool, I might consider helping both of you."

"Wh-who would want help from you?" she scoffed.

"Eheheheh", I laughed sarcastically trying to hide the fatigue that's building up in my whole body. "Sorry Nanami, looks like you can't expect something from this bratty fox", I stated in a provoking way.

"Hey, who are you calling bratty, you brat-", before he finished refuting my sentence, I felt dizzy and completely lost my balance causing me to fall down.

Ahh..

Luckily, I managed to grip to another branch below and stopped my fall. Confusingly, I thought I saw Tomoe almost ready to jump when I fall. He doesn't care for me, right?

"Mikoto!"

"Mikoto-dono!"

Nanami and the spirits worriedly called me back in reality. I don't have any extra strength left to reply back at them nor have any extra strength left to climb again and my hands are sweating like crazy, I hands might slip anytime soon... And the witch is climbing back again; I'm in big trouble.

"Oh god, someone, please save me!", I prayed deeply in my heart.

"Nanami-sama, please repeat after me. I was a fool", I heard Onikiri pleaded.

"I don't wanna!"

"Please ask for Tomoe-dono's forgiveness"

"I won't!"

"Tomoe-dono, please! As long as Nanami-sama said that, you'll save her and Mikoto-dono, right?" Kotetsu asked for confirmation.

      ハ_ハ
" (;¬﹏¬ )  Uh, Ah, Ye-yeah, Of course  ", he replied in a shaky tone.

"Nanami-sama, say it!" the two still tries to encourage her. "Just once"

Hwah-!

I'm starting to lose my grip again and the demon hag is already closing in.

"Hurry up Nanami or else your friend will face her doom soon", Tomoe reminded her.

"I said, NO! ヽ( 'д'*)ノ

"Wh-who the hell would say that?! I'd rather do this than humbling myself before to someone like him", Nanami protested before grabbing Tomoe's leg and letting go of her grip on the branch.

"You idiot!" Tomoe shouted while they fall. "You could have just said it, you know? Still acting stubborn, do you really wish to die?"

Nanami didn't reply. As they passed by me, she grabbed Tomoe's collar and k-k-kissed him.

Right infront of me! Kyyaaaaaaa~💕

I can't helped but simply smile.

Bind the contract and forthwith you shall....

"Tomoe", Nanami started his order. "SAVE ME!"

A light flashed from their direction and Tomoe who was now completely bounded by her contract doesn't have any choice but to catch her fall. They both gracefully landed on the ground.

"Nanami-sama", Onikiri and Kotetsu cried in joy. "You're now a bona fide deity of the land now!"

I let go of the branch where I was holding on and let myself fall.

"N-no, my prey", the witch who was frozen on her place because of the shocking twists of events returned to her sense.

"Tomoe!", Nanami called him but before she tells him what to do, Tomoe already jumped and caught me in the air and gently handed me to Nanami's arms.

"AH! What have you done to my preys?" The demon witch complained.

"Come here, you damn hag", he barked and he threw a ball of foxfire which caught her. "It's your fault that I'm a familiar again. Did you know how long I waited for my freedom? Ha?" Tomoe keeps complaining and kicking the tied up witch.

"I'm just a frail, old woman! What are you doing?!" She tried to defend herself.

"As if anyone would believe that 'frail' part. She almost killed us!" I pointed out with a weak laugh when I found myself regaining back some of my strengths.

"Are you alright, Mikoto?" Nanami worriedly asked me. "Yep, I'm fine now thanks to you and Tomoe."

He may have a bad attitude but I don't lack respect to thank him since he obviously saved me even if it is under Nanami's orders.

"But he doesn't look very heroic right now", Onikiri and Kotetsu sweatdropped.

"How about you?" I asked back and she put a sweet smile. "I'm fine, I'm fine. No need to worry. Ehehe, I had quite a courage when I heard your voice in my head."

"Huh? You did?" I wondered.

"Ahh", Nanami suddenly lost the strengths on her knees and almost fall on the ground if it wasn't for my support on her body.

"Nanami-sama!!" The shrine spirits hurried to her side.

"Are you really sure you're okay, Nanami?" I questioned her again.

"Ahahah.. yeah.. I just.. my legs can't stop shaking now", she replied still with a smile plastered on her face and trying to hide her fear.

"Let's go back to the temple, Nanami-sama. We've got Tomoe-dono back safe and sound with us too", the two spirits suggested but Tomoe disagreed. "Don't joke around, who said I'm going back with you?"

"Ah, I almost forgot. Tomoe.." Nanami called him back. He, who doesn't have any other choice but to listen to Nanami replied unwillingly, "What?"

                                             ハ___ハ
。.:☆*: (@^◡^) ☆*:.。. (⁄ ⁄↼⁄_⁄↼⁄ ⁄)

"Thank you for saving me.", "• • •"
"Can we go back home now?"
                  ↑                            ↑
           Nanami                 Tomoe

Tomoe just continued to stare at us quietly before turning on his way and started leading us.

I grinned at the scene in front of my eyes. Believe me, it's more heart-warming in reality and Tomoe looks cute when he's quiet just like this. I pulled Nanami back on her feet and we hurriedly followed Tomoe and our little shrine spirits on our way back at the temple, our new home.

~ʚĭɞ~

Author's Note:

Fwaahh~ At last, I've finished the first episode~! Thanks to @SelinaEleonoraMolyne for reminding me that I haven't updated anything for a long time. I was so busy focusing on my problems in life that I completely forgot to touch my drafts XD Anyways, If you can notice, I edited and compressed my chapters 'coz I don't like the idea of many chapters for just one episode. I guess I'm not too greedy for reads and votes XD so here you are, reading long chapters yey~

bunshin no jutsu(5)- or clone technique, a term they also use for the log substitution that ninjas do, like in Naruto XD

Ittedakimasu(6) - often translated as "I humbly receive," but in a mealtime setting, it's compared to "Let's eat," "Bon appétit," or "Thanks for the food."

~ʚĭɞ~

My sleepy eyes enviously fell at Nanami's face who was leaning on Tomoe's shoulder, holding on his arm and walking half-asleep

Of course, we both wanted some rest after all of  what we've been through.

When we've reached our destination, Tomoe went straight to the worship hall after he reminded me to bring Nanami to her room.

Sigh~

I gently assisted Nanami to change her clothes and lie down on her bed. She suddenly grabbed my sleeve when she felt the change in her position and slightly opened her eyes, "Where are we now?"

"We're back now at the shrine, Nanami", I softly replied with a smile. "So sleep now and when you open your eyes again, this place is already your home", I meaningfully told her, like I'm indirectly telling her that she did a good job.

After I made sure that she's already sleeping well, I went straight to my room and completely dozed off as soon as my body felt my cozy bed.

~ʚĭɞ~

"Oi, wake up, you sleepyhead", I frowned at the sound of a familiar voice.

"I still need more sleep (¦ 3[▓▓] ", I grunted while pulling my blanket over my shoulders. The sun isn't rising yet and I'm so tired from yesterday.

"Y-you!" I heard him said something before I went flying off my bed.

      ハ__ハ ヽ            (\|||°△°)!!ノ
(╯◣□◢)╯彡┻━┻
"Wake UP!"           "WAHH!"
↑ ↑ ↑
Tomoe bed Mikoto

"Hey! What was that for?" I snapped at him. "Can't I just have a decent rest as a reward for my hard work?!"

"Lower your voice or you'll wake Nanami! He ironically snarled back at me. "You still have work to do as a shrine priestess. So stop slacking off."

"Huh? Work? Priestess? (¯ . ¯٥)ゞ "

      ハ__ハ
ヾ( ・'⌓'・)ノ゙"THAT'S RIGHT!  " I can hear dissatisfaction in his tone. "As if I'd let another useless woman to have a free boarding in this shrine. So you're going to work!"

Then he mumbled something under his breath while looking away, "I'll do most of the work anyway so think of this as your ticket to stay"

"He's acting now like a tsundere", I thought while resting my chin on the back of my hand.

"So...", I pretended that I didn't hear the last thing he said and decided to just confirm my new part in this shrine. "..me as Nanami's priestess...hmm...Are you sure you'll be fine having a powerless woman like me to be your new master's shrine priestess?"

"GUHH!" He stood there like he was electrified by a bolt of lightning. "D-do I have any other choice?" He said while twitching his eyebrows

Then he cleared his throat and his eyes looked directly at mine in a serious way which made me slightly back off. "And, I think you'll be able to support Nanami more in that position"

And so that's how I ended up changing my clothes into something he handed me. I don't hate it though, instead, I found it cute and it suits me very well. A white kosode(7) and a red hakama(8) skirt tied over it at my waist and fall to my ankles; just like Kikyo's outfit. If you don't know who I'm talking about, she's from Inuyasha.

After I left my room, I went straight to the kitchen. It actually looked better than yesterday with more proper pots and pans and the stove....

"Ugh, we really, really need a proper stove! (-_-;) " I exclaimed.

Tomoe said that in exchange for guiding me to be a proper Miko, eh..Miko? sounds like Mikoto? Wait, offtopic! I'll guide him on how to take care of the needs of a human deity. But for now, the devil I'm talking is just standing at a corner of the room while being enveloped by a dark aura

"Uhm.. To-Tomoe... (─‿‿─) ", I tried to call him back to reality. I'm pretty sure he still can't accept the fact of his position right now.

"Yes, Mikoto?" He unexpectedly answered me cheerfully and it honestly gave me goosebumps.

"Ah..hehehe no-nothing", I lied. "Are you sure you're paying attention? Unlike gods who only eat just for entertainment, humans need balanced diet that's why you should choose carefully on what food you're going to prepare", I returned his attention back to the topic but he just replied with a heavy sigh and returned to his gloomy state.

Ahhhhh~ What a pain...

There's nothing I can do about this so I just focused my attention on cooking. I finished right on time when the sky is breaking to dawn. I didn't even notice when Tomoe has left the kitchen but I knew he's at Nanami's room to wait there until she wakes up.

I carefully carried the breakfast to Nanami's room and the two spirits opened the door for me. This time, Nanami was still asleep, unlike yesterday. I actually knew how tired she was since if you're going to ask me, I also still want to have a few more Z's.

"I just hope she'll wake up before the food became cold", I thought loudly while Onikiri and Kotetsu set the food on the table.

Seeing how I was just standing idly at the door, Tomoe cleared his throat to get my attention and pointed beside him using his folded hand fan....and he's obviously still in a bad mood.

I fidgety took my proper place. Sitting beside him, well....

"It's suffocating.. (×﹏×)" He kills the atmosphere by his depressing aura.

But not long after, we felt Nanami's sign of waking up.

" ٩(ˊ〇ˋ*)و *yawns*

"Oh, what a weird dream it is. My dad had run away and our house had been seized, and I become homeless, then a man gave up his own house for me but it was actually a rundown shrine and they told me I was a land deity or something and I was like, what? And then this yokai named Tomoe or whatever went blabbering about how it was unacceptable to him and stuff and then I kissed this Tomoe and he ended up becoming my familiar. Ahahahahaha....what a dream-huh?"

I tried my best not to laugh. I knew it was coming and I've already heard it from the anime but it was the first time I witnessed it in reality and her expression was totally hilarious.

This is what I'm calling the important scene I missed out yesterday.

There was a moment of silence before the shrine spirits spoke. "Um, you did that last time too"

"Wait, where am I?" Nanami wandered her eyes around in amazement.

"This is your room, Nanami-sama, the inner sanctuary of the shrine", the two spirits answered in sync.

"But it doesn't look anything the way it was yesterday", she pointed out.

"In order to make it easier for you to live here, Tomoe-dono arranged all of this for you", they replied her which made her looked puzzled. "Tomoe did? Why?"

"You successfully made him your familiar yesterday, remember? It is the duty of the familiar to serve and look after the deity", they explained until she remembered something doesn't want to remember.

" 。・゚ (//x/Д/x//)ノ Oh, no! That's right!! That wasn't a dream at all; I forced a kiss on Tomoe yesterday!!! Wh-where is him now?".

"He has been by your side for some time now, Nanami-sama", Kotetsu and Onikiri replied while pointing at our direction. Nanami gasped at the sight of Tomoe's menacing aura but was taken aback when she greeted by him in a cheerful manner. "Good morning, Nanami"

She was speechless for some seconds.

Pfffttt... I pursed my lips in a smile, trying to push back the laughter that wants to escape. The sole reason why I was so quiet since Nanami woke up.

Don't laugh!

"G-good morning" ( 'ω ' ) I carefully said while I gently bowed, making sure that my voice tone won't betray me.

"Your bedroom was in a state of neglect so I took the liberty to rearrange it to your accommodations while you're asleep. I've prepared everything I assumed you might need", Tomoe explained like a true gentleman. "Though I'm still reluctant and it was against my will, starting today, I am your familial. As long as you give me an order, I, Tomoe, shall obey it without hesitation, regardless of what they may be. From now on, If you are in need of anything, I humbly ask that you come to me and don't hesitate to tell me."

He then led Nanami's sight towards me, "For your convenience also, I took the liberty of assigning your friend, Mikoto, to be your official shrine priestess so she can also stay in the shrine without any problem"

"I-I'm surprised", she admitted while blushing. "You two suddenly acted so strangely but what shocked me more is the thought you would be angrier at me after I made you my familiar but I'm glad you seem not angry at all."

        ハ__ハ
°˖✧ (*'︶'*) ✧˖° 。(๑˘ ᗢ ˘๑) .:☆*:・
"You think so?" "I'm relieved"
↑ ↑
Tomoe Nanami

"Actually....", I tried to warn her while covering my mouth and still forcing myself not to laugh. "....the word angry or mad isn't enough to describe it.

fufufu ( ๑> ω<)σ"

"Huh?", Nanami gave me us a confused look.

"Yes, I am actually...", Tomoe's smile changed.

     ハ___ハ
(/♯▼皿▼)ノ            ∑d(°∀°d|||)︴
"...seething in rage! 💢" "EHHH!"
       ↑                          ↑
Tomoe                  Nanami

''o(≧▽≦)o'' ... ← Mikoto
"KYAHAHAH!"

"Someone like me who's a famous familiar even among other deities, has to serve a powerless little girl like you! What a humiliation. The wretchedness of it kept me from sleeping at all last night!" Tomoe roared all of his complaints and ended it with a strong force of his fist on my head. "..and you're also an addition to my headache!"

"Itttaaii! (╯╥﹏╥╰) "
Now I kinda regret provoking him.

Tomoe easily shifted gears and just gave a deep sigh. "But I guess it can't be helped", he stated. "As things turned out this way, I will have you become a living deity worthy of being my lady and mistress." Then he glared at me and added: "also, including YOU."

I gulped..

"Worthy?" Nanami hinted for some clarification.

"A deity's power is called divine power. Your divine power will increase as you use it but to increase the level of your divine power, the quick and easy way for you would be to hear and grant people's prayers and wishes", Tomoe continued his explanations but Nanami is still confused. "Prayers? Grant them? („•_•„) "

"Like for example, Mikage-sama is said to be a good deity of matchmaking and marriages because he has granted heaps of matchmaking prayers so the result, I heard his divine blessings in matchmaking is extremely strong", I stole a little spotlight from Tomoe by explaining it in my own way. I thought he would get mad again at me but he just looked at me in somewhat amazed.

"Heh, you're actually seem quite knowledgeable for someone like you", he taunted me but I just pretended I didn't hear him.

"Wow, so this is actually a shrine for matchmaking", Nanami mumbled.

"Yeps, even you and Tomoe is under Mikage-sama's divine powers right now", I secretly told them inside my mind. Then I sneaked behind Nanami as I always do and whispered something. "Isn't it's nice? Even though he seems like he doesn't like us but he's carefully explaining everything for you right now."

I snickered when she jolted. "Mi-Mikoto, stop teasing me!", she blushed.

"Did I?" I muttered again behind her making sure that it's only audible to us, "but I just said aloud what your mind is saying~"

"Th-that's why I said stop it!" She turned redder in an instant.

"Okay~! \(≧▽≦)/ Let's see how great Nanami-sama's divine powers are", I changed the subject and Tomoe agreed. He asked Kotetsu and Onikiri prepare a basin full of water and some pieces of talisman for Nanami to use.

"For now, try turning this water into rice wine. You may use a white talisman if you wish", he said while handing the talismans to her and even gave some to me. "You must try it too", he told me.

"This is the thing I used last time right?" Nanami's confidence brimmed when the spirits confirmed it. " (๑˃ᴗ˂)ﻭ All right! I'll show you how good I am!"

She wrote the words "sake" and put it on the water. "How was that?" She asked.

"Then I shall have a taste", Kotetsu scooped the water drank it. "Th-this is delicious..."

Everyone looked at Kotetsu's direction with high expectations.

"....water..", he finished his sentence.

And... the atmosphere suddenly turned gloomy.

"Ah, Tomoe-dono, where are you going?" I heard Onikiri said as I stared at Nanami's talisman. My forehead furrowed. As expected, I can't even read it, all I know was its meaning.

"Leave me alone!" he sharply replied.

"Please wait! We're utterly helpless on our own!" The shrine spirits tried to stop him from leaving. "Please do not abandon us!"

Nanami just helplessly laughed it out and went straight to the breakfast I prepared for her.

"At least it's purified like mountain spring water," I mumbled after I also took a sip from the water. I doubt Nanami heard it because she was already sulking in front of her food, which is bad. But I noticed Tomoe took a glimpse on me and on the water before completely leaving the room.

~ʚĭɞ~

After breakfast, I shared the theory I had in my mind to Nanami. "So you were saying I failed to make the water into sake because I haven't drunk sake before, right?" She easily picked up the idea.

"Yes", I nodded and added more explanation. "I think, for your talismans to completely activate, you need a clear picture of the result that you wanted."

We took a stroll at the shrine's backyard. "I thought to myself, I'm just a high school girl, after all, so I don't care", Nanami honestly told me what she feels.

"But you know that you can't always say that, right?" I tried to encourage her and she greatly agreed with me.

"I'll try my best! ヽ(o^ ^o)ノ", she enthusiastically said before running back inside the shrine.

When she came back, she has a lot of white talismans with her and completely decided to practice her divine powers. I thought of an idea to make her bloom the plants in the backyard as a practice.

"It's just easy", she said. "I can perfectly picture in my mind a fully bloomed flower", and then she chose her first target.

I somehow noticed Tomoe in my peripheral view that he stopped on his cleaning to observe us. When I directly looked at him, he's already back on his track.

I decided not to remind her that there are actually different kinds of flowers and it might be easier if she knew exactly what kind of flower she's going to make bloom.

Well, she'll get that part by herself anyways so I think she'll be fine.

Or so I thought. It was noontime when Kotetsu and Onikiri called our attention in panic. It seems like Nanami just passed out for writing many charms. I immediately felt guilty.

"Did you know that white talismans suck away the power of the user?" Tomoe asked me and I nod. "I did have that idea and warned her but seems like she forgot about it", I explained and bit my lower lip.

He helplessly sighed and picked Nanami gently and stopped for a moment when he walked passed in front of me. "Well, don't blame yourself. If she's this stubborn, it's not actually a surprise that this happened. I already quite expected this to come."

I felt like the time stopped for a moment when he showed me an authentic gentle smile for the first time.

I softly blushed at myself because I didn't expect that to happen...because it wasn't in the anime...

And I knew I'll be seeing more unexpected events...

...because my life is just starting to begin in this world.

~ʚĭɞ~

Author's Note:

Yey~ so how was it? I tried to make it as realistic as possible. For those readers who keep patiently waiting for updates of this book, I'm truly grateful to all of you and I apologize if I'm always inactive. I'm sorry if I still can't promise that I'll be able to update regularly but I'll make sure to update as soon as I had the chance ^^/ love y'all~

Feel free to leave some comments and don't forget to vote if you liked this part. It might motivate me to write more XD

white kosode(8) - a special kimono robe. In Shintoism, the color white symbolizes purity.

red hakama(9) - "scarlet or vermilion, long divided trousers" or a long slightly pleated skirt tied with a bow.

Additional fun information that I've just researched, the 7 folds in the hakama (5 in the front, 2 in the back) are said to have the following symbolic meaning: Yuki (courage, valor, bravery), Jin (humanity, charity, benevolence), Gi (justice, righteousness, integrity), Rei (etiquette, courtesy, civility; also means bow/obeisance), Makoto (sincerity, honesty, reality), Chugi (loyalty, fidelity, devotion), Meiyo (honor, credit, glory; also reputation, dignity, prestige)

Enjoy Reading Minna~san!

KX~

Word Count: 5,491

7/31/2019: Changed the title from the previous "Nanami Becomes A Land Deity part 2"

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

13.2K 583 21
Note:This story is a Kuroo x Reader/ Ushijima x Reader fanfic "I like you Y/N! We'll always be together okay~" "Okay!! " A promise that was br...
193K 5.9K 22
Angry tears coated the girl's face and fell into the blood soaked snow beneath her. She screamed at him until his silhouette disappeared into the sn...
112K 1.2K 19
☁︎ ┆ ❝ The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. ❞ As of August 2022, this book is currently undergoing major edi...
24.9K 550 24
What will happen if you wake up you found yourself in the Kamisama kiss and Mikage (the land god) chooses you to be the god. And you can't go back to...