Sooner or Later...You'll Want...

By bettyboo125bo

Five years ago, Isyss Dulay left home to pursue her modeling career. Behind, she respectably left friends and... More

Sooner or Later...You'll Want Me Again (preview)
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 2]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 3]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 4]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 5]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 6]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 7]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 8]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 9]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 10]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 11]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 12]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 13]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 14]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 15]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 16]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 17]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 18]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 19]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 20]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 21]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 22]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 23]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 24]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 26]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 27]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 28]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 29]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 30]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 31]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 32]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 33]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 34]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 35]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 36]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 37]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 38]
SOL..YWMA [Ch. 39]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 40]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 41]
SOL...YWMA [Ch. 42]
SOL...YWMA [Ch.43]

SOL...YWMA [Ch. 25]

77.5K 2.7K 586
By bettyboo125bo

Previously: Out of all the pranks we pulled on each other, out of all the teasing we put each through, this is the first time we’ve been in the same bed together and did nothing. Nada. No  sexual touching…not a thing. I have to admit, it’s nice laying here and laughing with Cory, it seems so carefree. I feel disappointment because I can think of the one person who gets to look at his hot bod anytime she wants. I feel disappointment because that same person gets to be the Maid-of-Honor at my bestfriends wedding. I’m disappointed because it seems as though that person is getting everything I want. “Sandy, always one for surprises,” he muttered pragmatically to no one in particular as he looked down at the car in his driveway. He didn’t say anything else as he continued to watch Sandy finally get out of her car and start walking toward the front porch.

Chapter 25

Sandy had an enormous smile on her face when Cory opened the door, but it faltered a little bit when she saw me. I sent a smile and wave her way as politely as I could. She looked back at Cory, smile still on her face, but I could tell she only kept it there so her true feelings wouldn’t show.

She walked inside and put her arms around Cory’s neck, pulling him into a hug and kiss. I began looking at my nails, finding them more entertaining than the duo. Yeah, I most definitely need a manicure. Hmm, what color should I get next?

I began thinking of different colors as I looked down at my nude color nails. Maybe red, or royal blue, or even yellow? I don’t know, but they need an extreme make over. I think I’m going to go with a more natural, rounded shape look this time around. This square shape is nice and they’re not too long, but I want something different.

“…Isyss…” The sound of my name caught my attention. I looked up and saw Cory and Sandy still standing in their same spot. Only this time, they weren’t in an embrace. “So, what have you guys been up to?” Sandy asked, looking between Cory and myself.

“Just enjoying the morning,” I answered vaguely. I watched her nod her head and look away for a second. I can tell she wants more detail, but if Cory wants to tell her, then he will. Or if she asks me for more detail, I will. I mean, it’s not like we did anything, so there’s nothing to hide.

“What are you up to?” Cory asked her while leaning against the wall casually. He placed his hands in the pockets of his pajama pants and waited for her to answer.

“Well, I decided to stop by to see if you wanted to grab some breakfast before I head off to work,” Sandy replied, looking to Cory as she spoke. Something she said peeked my interest.

“Where exactly do you work?” I questioned out of pure curiosity. She looked to me with a proud smile.

“I work downtown at the Providence Newspaper Company. I write for them.  I actually have a pretty popular column in it,” she told be with a little pep in her words. I nodded my head. That’s a pretty impressive job, not to mention she’s doing what she loves.

I notice Cory looking between Sandy and I with a look on his face that almost compared to indecisiveness.  I wonder what’s going on in that head of his.

“What about you? What do you do for a living?” she asked with genuine interest.

“I’m in the modeling industry.”

“Really? That’s amazing! I don’t get into television and magazines that much. Are you famous?”

“Eh...” I trailed off, not wanting to brag about my career choice. “Anyway, I guess I’ll leave you two alone so you can spend your morning together,” I spoke while beginning to walk toward the front door.

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Sandy asked me. I turned to her and noticed she was eyeing me with a slightly tense look. I tilted my head,  thinking of what her motive could be for asking me that. “I was just asking because I wanted to see if you’d like to tag along for breakfast,” she explained herself.

Tag along? Like a double date? What is this, high school? I shook my head before answering. “No, I don’t have a boyfriend,” I admitted. I noticed her mouth shift to one side as she looked to Cory out the corner of her eye. She obviously must be wondering what a single woman is doing at her boyfriend’s house so early in the morning.

Cory, whom was still leaning against the wall, was now messing with something on his phone. He clearly wasn’t paying attention to the conversation at hand. “Really? I find that hard to believe. I’m sure a lot of guys would love to date you. I mean, I know it must be really awkward for you being single around the time that you’re attending a wedding. I know I’d feel awkward and lonely—” she ranted on.

“Oh, you misunderstood,” I cut her off, not wanting to hear about how “lonely” I am. “I’m single, but I’m not lonely. I’ve been single for a while now and it’s actually going well. I care about myself. I buy myself things. I’m patient with myself. I compliment myself every day. It’s really working out. For real, I think I’m the one,” I informed her with a friendly smile. I placed my hand on my chest for a sincere gesture.

Cory chuckled from where he was, causing me to look at him. He had his phone back in his pocket as he looked at me, fully entertained. Sandy giggled a little before snapping her finger suddenly. “Oh! I have an idea!” she exclaimed happily.

At that moment, the doorbell rang. “I honestly don’t remember sending out invitations,” Cory mumbled to himself as he walked over to the door, which I’m standing by. I moved out of his way so he can open it.

“Cory! What’s up dude?” a male’s voice entered the area.

“Why are you so loud?” Cory pointed out, but greeted his friend with a handshake nonetheless. Phillip walked in and shut the door. Phillip opened his mouth to speak, but stopped dead in his tracks when he spotted me.

Then, he looked to Sandy, then back to me. “Only Cory King can have two beautiful women in his house this early in the morning,” Phillip muttered to himself. He sounded impressed by the thought, which got him a groan of frustration by Cory.

“It’s not what you think,” Cory corrected his friend.

“Phil! I was just thinking about you!” Sandy stated in an ardent manner.

“My favorite thing to hear from a female,” Phillip smiled, pleased. I watched Cory shake his head.

“You and Isyss can come out for breakfast with me and Cory,” Sandy suggested. My eyes widened at what she said. Seriously? Why the hell does she want me to go with them for breakfast so freaking bad?

I opened my mouth to say just that, but was cut off by Phillip and Cory speaking in unison.

“Yes!”

“No.”

The two men looked at one another pointedly. “Why are you saying no?” Phillip asked in pure perplexity.

“Why are you saying yes?” Cory shot back.

Phillip waved his hand toward me, portraying a salesman on a lot showing off the brand new car. “Do you not know who she is?” Phillip exclaimed, looking at Cory like he’d grown a third arm.

“Trust me, I know who she is,” Cory stated casually, although it sounded like a hidden message within it. Sandy and I stayed silent and watched this strange conversation taking place.

“Then why are you cock blocking me, bro?” Phillip mumbled, trying not to be heard…in a silent room.

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

“No, I’m not.”

“Then what do you call yourself doing?”

“Not cock blocking,” Cory fired back, not missing a beat with his answers.

“I’m sure she can speak for herself,” Phillip explained. Suddenly, both guys turned to me, awaiting my response.

She already made the decision not to go,” I acknowledged. Phillip looked disappointment. He then looked to Cory and gave him a “what the hell” gesture; blaming Cory. Cory, in return, just shrugged his shoulders.

“Never mind Cory, Phil. I don’t know why he’s acting like this,” Sandy finally spoke as she looked at her boyfriend suspiciously. Her voice held complete dissatisfaction.

“I’m not acting any particular way,” Cory defended strongly. “Anyway, I’m about to go change. I’ll be down in a minute,” he informed all of us before heading up the stairs.

“Wait up! I have to talk to you about something,” Phillip ran up the stairs in pursuit of his friend, leaving Sandy and I alone. I watched her fidget with her hands awkwardly. I almost wanted to laugh as I watched her have some sort of mental disagreement in her head. She looked as though she wanted to say something to me, but something was stopping her.

“Just spit it out already,” I recommended, knowing what she wants to ask. She looked at me, shocked that I knew she wanted to say something. I raised a single eyebrow, waiting for her to speak up.

“Have you and Cory ever dated?” she finally asked after silently debating on how to phrase it. I shook my head and answered her with complete and utter honesty.

“No,” I admitted. She physically relaxed at my response. It’s true. Cory and I never dated.

She shook her head and spoke. “My question isn’t coming out of the blue,” she explained. “It’s just…” she paused, trying to find the right words. “Since you’ve been back, Cory’s been acting…” she trailed off.

“Acting how?” I asked, stepping closer to her, wanting to know what’s going on in her head. Come on, finish your damn sentence!

She shook her head again. “I don’t know how to describe it. He just seems very…For instance, when you were gone, whenever your name was brought up, he’d always get guarded; like he didn’t want to talk about you. I don’t know why, but he didn’t,” she continued.

Hmm, that’s interesting. “But then you show up -out of nowhere- and it is like all that distance he showed toward your name just vanished into thin air. So I was wondering if maybe you two had a relationship in the past or…” she finished her explanation. I mentally rolled my eyes at her not finishing her sentence yet again.

I nodded my head in understanding instead. Of course she’s curious about Cory’s past relationships; as anyone would be toward their significant other. I took in everything she just said. Cory acted guarded when I was mentioned?

“I can assure you that Cory and I were never a couple,” I told her truthfully. She nodded. A minute or so passed with and neither of us spoke.

“It sucks that you can’t make it to breakfast. I’d really like to get to know you. Courtney and Quentin always go on about you,” she spoke thoughtfully. I smiled at that statement.

Just then, Cory and Phillip walked down the stairs and joined us. Cory was now sporting a button down, long sleeved, white, collared shirt. He had the sleeves scrunched up to his elbows, which made me wonder why he didn’t just put on a short sleeve t-shirt. He also sported a black tie that was mostly covered by the charcoal vest he had over the shirt.

His dark denim jeans concluded the rest of his wardrobe. He gave off a casual yet professional look at the same damn time. It was then I remembered my attire. Yeah, I definitely need to shower and change.

“You have a meeting today?” Sandy asked Cory, motioning to his attire. Cory just nodded his head before stealing a glance at me.  Sandy reached for Cory’s hand. “So Phil, are you tagging along. We promise not to make you feel like a third wheel,” Sandy teased while she looked at Phillip.

I then looked to the guy in question. He seemed to be in his thoughts. “He won’t feel like a third wheel because I’m going too,” I announce to everyone. Hey, why not enjoy a good breakfast? I’m hungry anyway. Everyone’s eyes shot to me. “Of course I have to get dressed first,” I pointed out, looking down at what I’m wearing.

Cory looked at me, caught off guard, while Phillip looked happy. “Awesome,” Phillip answered with a pleased smile.

“Alright everyone, let’s head out. Isyss, do you want to meet us there or…?” Sandy trailed off for me to finish. I mentally rolled my eyes. This chick is going to be the death of me.

“Sounds like a plan,” I informed everyone. Sandy walked out the door first, followed by Phillip. I started to walk out next, but Cory gently grabbed for me to stop. Um, I’m starting to see a pattern here…

I looked to Cory and saw that his suspicion had deepened. I raised a single eyebrow at him. “What are you up to?” he asked me, his voice flat.

“What do you mean?” I answered his question with one of my own. Must he assume I’m always up to something? Can’t I tag along just for the sake of being hungry?

“First you didn’t want to go, now suddenly you do?” he asked, clarifying his earlier question. I shrugged my shoulders before responding.

“I’m hungry,” I spoke simply. This is actually true. I have no intentions on doing anything other than eat. It wasn’t until he let go that I realized he still had a light grip on my arm. The spot his hand once was left a burning from its warmth.

Cory shook his head slightly. “You must’ve thought up some scheme to pull and that’s why you decided to go now. You have something planned. You always do,” he explained. He wasn’t mad, just…suspicious; cautious even.

I gave a light giggle. I stretched the sleeves of my shirt away from my skin so that you could see inside. “Nope, there are no tricks up these sleeves,” I replied. Cory gave me a look that said he wasn’t buying it. It made me giggle some more. It’s funny that he doesn’t believe, hell, usually I do have some plan going on in my head, but this time I don’t…simple as that.

“Why do you think I have something planned? You think I’m going to pull something in front of your girlfriend? You think I’m going to start some under the table action with you while your girl is sitting right next to you?” I asked him as I eased a little closer to him.

I made sure I was close enough for him to be affected, but not close enough to be looked at as sexual.

“Do you think I’m going to start teasing you, making you have to maintain a straight face so we don’t get caught? So your girl doesn’t catch you getting pleased by another woman while she’s right…next…to you?” I whispered the last part in his ear.

He subtly pushed the door closed a little so we were out of sight. I mentally shook my head. I don’t have to sneak around to get what I want. Granted I have been teasing him since I’ve been back, but I won’t take it as far as touching, especially since he’s in a relationship.

I noticed Cory discreetly intake sharply at the feel of my breath on his ear. Instead of keeping it up, I decided to back up to give us some space. “Well, I’m not. Been there, done that, Cory,” I finalized, letting him know I’m seriously not up to anything.

“Hmm,” was his last statement before we walked out into the morning breeze. I sighed as the sun kissed my skin good morning while I walked to Andy’s car.

“Good morning, Andy,” I greeting him with a smile as I got into the backseat.

“Good morning to you, Ms. Isyss. Where are you headed?” he asked me. I was looking out the window and saw Cory glancing over here every now and then as he talked to Sandy beside his car. Her back was to me, so all he had to do was move his eyes.

Of course, he couldn’t see me since the windows are tinted, for my “safety”, my manager had said. So, if he can’t see me, it makes me even more curious as to why he keeps looking over. He almost looks…disappointed? What the hell? Why does it look disappointed?

“To Courtney’s house, please,” I replied to Andy’s question. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think Cory wants me to mess with him, tease him, and leave him wanting more. If I didn’t know any better, I’d think Cory enjoys me giving him all my attention; which would explain a lot.

I pondered over that thought alone…

[AN: a filler chapter for what's about to come. You guys are either going to love me or hate me this next chapter lol. But however you feel, make sure you enjoy the read and comment ;-)

Anywho, it's time for, Know Your Characters!

Question #25: Why do you think Cory is disappointed? ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 337 15
For Landry Eloise Dallas returning to home after college was her dream. She earned her teacher degree at Vanderbilt University and returned home to R...
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
254K 8.2K 31
Ethan James just turned twenty-two and he is a rich guy who loves to party. He as never had a real relationship because girls throw themselves at him...
1.6M 35.5K 43
Robin leans against the counter. "So what are we? Enemies with benefits? Is that even a thing?" "Basically, we fuck raw and argue about who fucked th...