A Knight w/ Shinning Eyes

By bl_principito

[Royals Series] Neal and Eric's Book: *Can Be Read Separately* *Its a 2-in-1 story my guys* There was some... More

1. Fear
2. A Thankful Thought
3. Blank
4. Kill or "R-pe"
5. Mating
6. Being Dominated
7. Eric the Sir
8. Just A Lil' Jinx
9. Shane & Diesel
10. Pretty Eyes. Bright Eyes?
11. Fates Fox
12. A History Spill
13. Late Night Catchup
14. "Pure" Anger
15. Fully Aware
16. The Pack Next Door
Chapter "17"
Chapter "17" pt. 2
17. Addiction
18. Bonding Night
20. Relationships Are Different - 1
21. Relationships are Different 2.
22. Home
23. Lost Brother
24. We Will Be Okay
25. Meet the Family?
26. Heading Back
27. A Fighting Chance
28. ะ•ะปะตะฝะฐ
29. Thas Family
30. Inexistent Time
31. Their Scent
32. Music Taste
33. Wake-up Call
34. Fall in Love
35. I Trust The Guy
36. A Chance to be Happy
37. Intimidation Pt.1
38. Spastically Worth It
39. Intimidation Pt.2
40. Definitely Middle Spoon
41. The End of a War
42. A Knife in a Word Fight
43. Family.
44. A Rogue from the Past
45. Official Luna
46. You Came to Me
47. Pack Therapist
48. Do Omegas Fight?
49. Ian's Epilogue
50. Neal's Epilogue

19. Their Arrogant Mate

737 38 0
By bl_principito

    Edit/Re-Written: June 11, 2022

     A Knight W/ Shining Eyes: Chapter Nineteen; Their Arrogant Mate

Warnings: none

Fluctuating 3rd POV

     A soft moan escapes Neal as he begins to wake up from a, quite frankly, splending dream. But with consciousness comes the registration of dull pain, and a hiss also escapes him shortly after. Chuckling behind him, Eric shifts so that his short breaths hit the side of Neal's neck, "You okay?"

     Concern is laced alongside his words and it warms Neal as he carefully turns on to his back. Even when it hurts he's happy because it serves as evidence to what happened. It lets him know that it wasn't a dream. He's sure that he's smiling like an idiot when his eyes meet his mates, "Yeah," He responds with a nod, throat raspy and low. "Better than ever, actually." He reaches out to cup his cheek, You?"

     Eric smiles at the question, his entire expression soft. "Better than ever."

__

     As Neal stares at himself in the body mirror in the closet, he awes at the newly developed markings that have appeared across his skin. Bonding marks had always fascinated him, like everything else about werewolves. When he had asked Ian, when he had found out about him and the red-string belief, the Omega had grated his teeth at the mention of bonding marks.

     "If you're a supernatural entity as well you only get one mark, because you're aware and because there isn't much fight for mating," He had said, palm over his throat where a bond mark would show. "But if you're a human, you get more marks, I don't know how many specifically, but more than one."

     "Why?" Neal had asked, eyes large and ready to take in all the information provided to him.

     Ian had looked at him with hate, not towards him but towards the topic. "To tie you down, to make sure you won't leave them."

     Looking back at the conversation now, Neal's sure Ian was still hating on the Council and their complete ruling over him. He had still hated the idea of being tied to someone who would most likely treat him like a slave because looking at the markings now, Neal didn't feel tied down at all. There is one in the junction of his shoulder and neck, the common one mant mates showcased to others. There's another inside his thighs, and one above his ass, in the curve of his torso. Looking towards the entrance of the closet, he finds his mate leaning against the door frame, eyes filled with nothing but admiration.

     "Do you like them?" He asks, walking up behind Neal to wrap his arms around his torso - one around his hip and the other traveling up his chest to wrap around his neck. Neal can only nod as he leans back against his mate's chest, breath picking up as fingers press into the soft skin of his neck. The touch is different, not as intense as before, still as noticeable, but more satisfying in a way.

     "You know, when I first met you, I was scared of you." Neal informs, studying how their forms seem to mesh together perfectly. Eric's expression remains calm, eyes loving and lips pulled into an endless-smile.

     "Really? You seemed pretty confident to me." He laughs, a loud - free kind of laughter that fills the small space.

     Chuckling, Neal holds back the soft sigh that wants to escape him when his mate leans down to nip at his neck, "Well it's good to know that my fear didn't show."

     He honestly wouldn't have known what to do with himself if Eric had started interrogating him, especially after knowing that he was serious about their 'mating connection'.

     "But why did I scare you, Bright Eyes?" Turning over in Eric's grasp, Neal rests his cheek against his chest. There beneath his ear, his mate's heat beats consistently, it's ever present and that calms him more than he's capable of admitting.

     "I couldn't read you," Neal starts, sighing as Eric's hands shift to run down his spine. "But you could easily read me. I never knew where I stood and I'm so used to knowing everything - obviously because of Fate's Fox - but with you; I didn't know anything." Neal explains, shivering as he feels Eric's hands on his ass. Whimpering, Neal jolts as Eric's fingers wander further down. "D-on't."

     He whispers, knowing exactly what his mate is doing. Tips of fingers spread his cheeks and not a second later he's feeling them brush against his swollen rim, Neal feels like dying at being exposed to a mirror of all things. "Look, Bright Eyes, it's so red."

     A blush climbs up Neal's neck and he turns to look over his shoulder towards the mirror. Once he sees what Eric is talking about, he turns to stuff his face back in his mates chest, grumbling in annoyance when Eric chuckles. With a pout, he whines, "This is embarrassing."

     Eric smiles down at him, leaning to press a kiss to the side of his head before releasing him. Frowning up at him, Neal smacks his bare chest, "Well you're the one who did this!"

     The exclamation makes Eric bark out another laugh, head tilted back and Neal can't help but laugh alongside him. They stay like that, lost in the laughter until Eric is looking down at him with mirth, "Maybe one day I'll have the pleasure of eating you out, Bright Eyes." And that makes Neal's blush crawl up to his cheeks. The ones on his face, okay? He's relieved when Eric changes the subject, too embarrassed to try and do it himself. "Get dressed, we're heading over to the Alpha's cabin for breakfast."

     Eric says, stepping back and heading deeper into the closet for clothes, Neal pouts at the sudden absence of warmth. "I thought they sucked at cooking."

     Eric snorts at the statement, "They do, but sometimes miracles can occur. And they are rare enough so we should go over and enjoy it while we can." He states, finally deciding on some clothes and handing them over to Neal who agrees at the choice. It was a simple long sleeve white shirt with some black cargo shorts. He knows they aren't going to fit - considering how much larger Eric is compared to him but he doesn't have any of his clothes here so he goes with it.

     "Can I have a belt?" He asks once he slides on the shorts with the shirt already on. As expected, they're large, only staying on by catching onto the edges of his hip bones. Eric looks up from his crouched position as he ties his shoes, eyes instantly glazing and glowing as he stands.

     "Belts restrict things." He says huskily like it's a science, Neal knows this fact. He blinks in confusion watching as Eric makes his way over to where he is and presses him up against the wall next to the closet door. Leaning his head back to meet his mates glowing gaze - seriously, he needs to ask his wolf's name - he yelps when Eric's hands grip the belt loops of the shorts, tugging at them roughly.

     "Uhm, what the-"

     "Do you really want to restrict me from what's mine?" Eric's breath hits the side of his jaw. Tingles shoot up his toes as he gulps and he can't help but be a tiny bit amused at his mates wolfs possessiveness.

     "N-o-o, But unless you want to show others what's yours, I suggest you give me a belt." He responds, letting the amusement pour into his words.

     Chuckling, Eric leans down to nip at his neck and Neal happily showcases it, showing his submission and welcoming any assaults to the sensitive skin of his neck. Pulling back, Eric states "Good point, Bright Eyes." Before heading into the room for a belt.

     "I always make good points." Neal grumbles.

__

     Staring down at Eric's phone, Neal taps quickly on the screen as he starts a conversation with his brother. He had previously messaged him a couple of weeks ago wondering why he felt his brother's nervousness. During that conversation he had also given his brother a hint about Eric, not necessarily letting him know that they were mates or that he loved him - ah, but he had talked about him being his soulmate.

Dayon

- Are you finally going to tell me about this "Eric" persona?

Neal

👀 Ooh? Why so curious? -

     Neal knows why. Dayon always wants to know a little more about Neal's life, what he works as, where he lives, the common things. Yet Neal can't ever bring himself to tell him, to let him in, especially since Skylar is still in their life. For now, he knows that Dayon got the hint of him not actually being an entertainer. He probably even knows about what he really does. But so far, no confrontation seemed to be coming his way.

Dayon

- Bcs you like him, Neal. How long has it been since you found someone?

     Neal tries changing the topic.

Neal

I have older brother rights, 😈 how r things coming along on ur end? W brody??? -

     Neal almost laughs at the mental image of his brother pouting.

Dayon

I hate when you exercise OB rights, it's been going great. A couple of dates here n there, a couple of days were we makeout and where we simply get to know more about one another.

     Bitting down on his bottom lip, Neal forces himself to push through the internal conflict within him. He's worried that this man, this Brody character, is only using his brother because it wouldn't be the first time it's happened.

Neal 

Do you think he's the one? -

Dayon

- Yeah. . .

     Now that makes the conflict increase just a little bit more. As an older brother he wants to protect his siblings from anything and everything harmful, at all costs. But he knows that if he intervenes, that he would be seen as the villain. Which, it wouldn't be the first time but still.

     Eric takes note of the uncertainty, walking over to Neal. "What is it, Bright Eyes?"

     Neal jolts, snapping out of his thoughts to look up and meet his mates gaze. With little reluctance he decides to open up about his current internal struggle. His mate settles on the space next to him, arm thrown over the backrest of the couch.

     "My brother," Neal starts, almost melting at how his mate's eyes instantly fill with concern. "He's dating this guy that he really, really likes. But I don't know how to feel without completely overbearing him with my protectiveness." He whispers, quickly hiding his face in Eric's neck when he's done.

     Humming, Eric uses the hand that is resting over the back of the couch to curl inwards and tickle the skin of his mate's shoulder, sliding under the shirt in the process. "It's normal to be a bit overprotective of your siblings, Bright Eyes." He begins, reassuring his mate's antics. "But as an older brother you should support them. When, and if, things don't work out then you can step in again." He states, leaning forward to bump the side of his chin against Neal's head.

     Neal smirks as an idea comes to mind, leaning back to look up at his mate. "But would it be okay if I scared this person that my brother really likes?"

     Eric smirks at the question, "Maybe," He answers with a shrug. "Just a tad bit." Leaning forward, he pecks Eric's lips before refocusing his attention back on his chat with his brother. Patting his thigh, Eric stands from the couch.

     "Hurry and finish, Bright Eyes. We're about to eat." And with that he's gone, and Neal is typing out a response.

Neal

I'm glad. If n-e-thing happens lmk so i can give him a visit 🔪. B sure to b urself, Dayon - so he can fall in love w the real u -

Dayon

- I will, promise, now tell me about Eric ~

     Neal lets out an amused huff.

Neal

U kno, i would luv to 💕 but duty calls so i gtg. U'll meet him soon, love u! -

Dayon

- I hate you, love you too

__

     Neal stands from the kitchen table, alerting Eric slightly. With a scoff he heads to the back door, feeling two unknown presences there. "I thought werewolves were supposed to be alert at all times."

     "Not when we're eating!" Shane shoots back without missing a beat, continuing to garble down his food. Eric smiled along, returning his attention to the food as well after figuring out what had caught his mates attention.

     Grasping the doorknob, he opens it abruptly, coming face-to-face with two almost identical faces. There's a red string that comes from their chests heading to a place behind him inside the house, and without needing to see where it leads to, Neal knows. With a smirk, he steps aside to let them in. "He's upstairs, third room to the right."

     Once the words leave his mouth both of them are making their way inside, sending a soft nod his way and ignoring the nosy bunch from the kitchen.

     "Hey-!" Shane calls, word muffled and stopped as his mate stuffs another forkful of food in his mouth. Neal quickly turns on his heels, closing the door in the process as he points towards his best friend's parents who both, well only one really, look flabbergasted at the interaction. Diesel looks more content than anything, honestly.

     "Nuh-uh, last time I checked, I was the one who opened the door. Those guests were mine, and they're your sons' mates, anyway." He says with a shrug as he heads back to the kitchen table, "They have the right to see their very arrogant mate."

><><><><><

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

419K 13K 23
Liam Green, an alpha with a secret who's ready to give up on the idea of finding his mate after 6 years of searching. Finely Floyd, a grade A asshol...
2.1M 81.9K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...
7M 337K 92
Book 2: The Fated Chronicles Will doesn't trust anyone. Doesn't let them in because he doesn't want to get hurt again, he can't afford to. Will is lo...
78.7K 3.3K 27
Felix's past still haunts him. After the events that happened almost 10 years ago, He finally decided to talk it through with someone. Someone that c...