AGAIN: Peter Parker x Reader

By parkcrs

A once inseparable friendship becomes broken, then repaired stronger than ever. You and your best friend Pete... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
a u t h o r ' s n o t e
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
❗️a/n & info❗️
t e n
e l e v e n
pls read lol
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
quick a/n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
pls read!!
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
i n f o !
t h e r e t u r n
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
im alive
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
long time no see
t h i r t y t h r e e

n i n e

53.9K 1.5K 3.2K
By parkcrs

sorry this took so long i was camping in the middle of the woods with no phone service or anything rip also i started school uh gross

be prepared there's quite a bit of dialogue in this chapter lol

Your POV

I walked into school Monday morning with Peter's grey jacket in hand that he left at my house. I was tired this morning, I didn't get much sleep the night before. My father was off to Vancouver before I got out of bed, I didn't want to talk. Even though I was sad and angry, I was going to try to not let it ruin my day. Both Peter and Ned were at his locker. On my way over to them, Dylan stopped me in the hallway.

"Hey, y/n, what's up?"

"Hi Dylan. Feels like we haven't talked in awhile," I said.

"Yeah well uh you know I was hanging with the guys all weekend. And Peter has been keeping you busy I'm sure, since you're all buddy-buddy with him again."

I rolled my eyes, "Peter and I have always been friends and always will be, except for the past year when we stopped talking but that doesn't—" I stopped talking, not wanting to mention the kids in eight grade. It's not like it meant something.

Dylan interrupted my thoughts, "Who's jacket is that?"

"Oh. It's Peter's, he left it at my place."

"Ah okay. But hey, let's go out tonight. Meet me at Casper's, 7 o'clock?" Dylan asked.

"Yeah, that'd be nice," I nodded and headed over to Peter. I bumped into Cass on the way over.

"Hey Cass!"

"Y/n," she nodded quickly and walked in the direction I came from.

"Peter! Here's your jacket."

"Oh thanks y/n, again, I'm really sorry about that—"

"It's fine! It's just a jacket," I laughed.

Ned asked, "Do you want to come over Peter's tonight so we can all study together?"

I shook my head, "Can't, sorry. I'm going out with Dylan tonight."

"Oh w-where?" Peter asked.

"Casper's. That little pizza shop." I smiled and a silence fell between us three.

"I heard the pizza there is really good," Ned exclaimed. With that, the bell rang and we went to our classes.

—————

I walked into the cafeteria to find our usual table empty besides Michelle sitting at the end with her nose in a book. As I sat down, I dropped my water bottle. I laughed at myself in my head. So clumsy.

Before I could pick it up, the bottle was already handed to me by Peter who was walking right behind me. I grabbed the bottle from his hands, lightly touching them in the process I noticed he was shaking.

I smiled widely, "Thank you, Peter."

"Yeah yeah sure, no problem."

We sat down and talked a little while we ate. When we weren't talking, the silence was comfortable and everything felt right.

time skip to after school

6:30 PM

I was all ready for my date with Dylan at Casper's. We hadn't gone out since summer, which wasn't that long ago but, I was excited. My dad had texted me too, letting me know he hoped I had a good night which made me feel a little better as well.

Now I was in the car with my mom on my way to Casper's to meet Dylan. We sat listening to 80's pop at a low volume just as the sun was setting. We pulled up to Casper's and I got out.

"Thanks, mom. Dylan's parents will take me home, see ya!"

"Bye! Have fun!" My mom called out as she drove off.

I was early, and didn't expect Dylan to be here yet so I sat down in a booth and waited.

Peter's POV

Tonight I decided to patrol around Queens. Ever since I caught Vulture, there's been less crime. After swinging around, I ended up on top a building on a familiar street. Oh, look at that! Casper's is right across from where I'm sitting. I wonder how y/n is doing.

Okay, okay, I did not randomly end up here. I just wanted to check on my friend, no harm in doing that.

I tried to look inside the restaurant window for y/n, but I couldn't see her well. She's probably sitting in a booth in the back corner of the shop. She never liked sitting near windows, it made her feel like everyone passing by was looking at her. I remember that from when we were kids.

Then I remembered Dylan was there with her. I put my head in my hands and propped my elbows up on my knees while sitting. Getting over the fact that y/n has a boyfriend is harder than I thought. It's not my fault! She just has to be all generous and... and cute all the time. And I just like everything about her. Okay maybe it is my fault I like her, but how couldn't I?

I dropped down into the alley beside my temporary building seat and dropped my back pack off my shoulders. I've been carrying it around more often since it keeps getting stolen. Aunt May has just about had it, constantly buying me new backpacks.

I pressed the spider symbol on my suit to change into normal clothes. I was done for the night. Well, more so I just wanted to walk past Casper's window to see if y/n was okay. I crossed the semi-busy road quickly and stopped in front of the window. Just as I thought, y/n was sitting in a booth towards the back of the restaurant. But she wasn't with Dylan. She was alone, just staring at her glass of ice water and twirling the straw around. Where was he?

After a few awkward minutes of me standing outside of Casper's, there was still no sign of Dylan. I guessed he would be in the bathroom, but there wasn't another drink on the table, or his school jacket laying on the seat across from y/n. Y/n checked her phone, looking disappointed as if there were no notifications. Maybe Dylan stood her up.

Suddenly I felt angry. And I felt bad for y/n. How could Dylan just leave her hanging like that? Well, if he did stand her up I'm not 100% percent sure but- anyways, how? Y/n was amazing. She was gorgeous. And she was my best friend, I cared about her. She rested her chin in her hands like I had moments ago up on the building.

I had to stop just staring at her. I'm going to walk in and make sure she is okay. I could sense she was a bit sad.

"Okay Peter you got this, just walk in there say hey. Don't be awkward she's your best friend," I said quietly to myself.

With the little confidence I had, I walked through the door of Casper's. The entrance bell on the door rang a little too loud and a few people turned to look at me, including y/n. The strangers turned back to their food while y/n stared into my eyes from across the restaurant with evident confusion in her eyes. This was a bad idea I should just leave now, what am I doing.

I turned to leave when y/n called out, "Peter? What are you doing here?"

"Oh h-h-hey y/n," no going back now, "I was just in the neighborhood and I happened to see you here?" I slowly started to walk towards the booth she sat in.

She continued to stare at me.

"I wasn't trying to uh, to intrude your date or anything, I- I swear, I was just walking by." I flashed her a nervous smile.

"Oh well, it's not much of a date when your date doesn't show up. I've been waiting for half an hour..." she trailed off, giving her attention back to her glass of water. I guess she did get stood up.

"I'm- I'm sorry," I said, trying to ease the tension.

"No need to apologize, not your fault."

I nodded my head and decided to take a bold move, "Want me to walk you home?" That came out smoothly, I thought.

She gave me a weak smile and said, "Sure, that's be nice." Y/n got out of the seat and we headed toward the door. She didn't have to pay anything all she had was that ice water that she seemed very interested in.

Casper's was about six blocks from y/n's apartment building so we had a ways to go. The walk started off silent and I didn't like it.

"So um, are you okay?"

"I guess... I don't know. My dad went away on business again even though he just got back. I rarely see him you know? And I don't know what's going on with Dylan, I have to talk to him..." Y/n continued on ranting, and I listened. Before I knew it, we were standing at her building's front doors.

"I'm sorry you had to hear all that," she chuckled.

"No, no, no! It's fine, I didn't mind listening at all. It's good to let it a-all out."

She smiled then embraced me in a tight hug.

"Thank you, Peter, it means a lot."

I hugged her back.

"See you at school," she said as we pulled away from each other.

I waved and watched her walk through the glass doors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691 42 14
β†’ π—˜π—¦π—–π—”π—£π—˜ , 𝙋. π™‹π˜Όπ™π™†π™€π™ | 𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘰π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 ❝ π™žπ™£ π™¬π™π™žπ™˜π™ a girl who keeps what happens a...
385K 11.5K 56
PETER PARKER FANFIC **** Peter Parker has been your best friend since you were young and you both are crushed when you move away to another state. E...
72.2K 1.8K 17
━━ π“πŽπ”π‚π‡ 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐕𝐄𝐃 | p.parker 𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐒𝐧𝐠 "when opposites attract, the sexually ...
2.6K 17 15
just a few short story's of your friendly neighborhood spiderman and your beloved peter parker ❀️