Fixation

By Twiira

[Completed] "I thought I changed. Perhaps that was just an illusion I believed in." When Ace transfers to a n... More

Chapter 1: Late
Chapter 2: Tour
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Apologies
Chapter 5: Service
Chapter 6: The Park
Chapter 7: Sketchbook
Chapter 8: Model
Chapter 9: A Cherished Friend
Chapter 10: Bullies
Chapter 11: Secret Room
Chapter 12: Cupcakes
Chapter 13: A Note
Chapter 14: Assistance
Chapter 15: Counselor
Chapter 16: Moved
Chapter 17: Phone Numbers
Chapter 18: The Past
Chapter 19: Tutoring
Chapter 20: Fun & Games
Chapter 21: Cupcakes
Chapter 22: Frosting On Top
Chapter 23: Technology & Phones
Chapter 24: Haunted
Chapter 25: Trypanophobia
Chapter 26: Back To School
Chapter 27: Scattered Stars
Chapter 28: The Rehearsal
Chapter 29: Comforting Words
Chapter 30: Grim Atmosphere
Chapter 31: Positivity
Chapter 32: Group Chat
Chapter 33: Family Meeting
Chapter 34: Nightmares
Chapter 35: Snowfall Valley
Chapter 36: A Friendly Snowball Fight
Chapter 37: A Surprise
Chapter 38: Untold Truths
Chapter 39: Tipping Point
Chapter 40: First-Aid Kit
Chapter 41: Escape Plans
Chapter 42: Job
Chapter 43: Escapade
Chapter 44: Anger
Chapter 45: Pulling Strings
Chapter 46: Behind His Mask
Chapter 47: Appetite
Chapter 48: Conflicting Emotions
Chapter 49: Her Strength
Chapter 50: Illusion Of Protection
Chapter 52: Regaining Sanity
Chapter 53: Collapse
Chapter 54: True Nature
Chapter 55: Recovery
Chapter 56: Burnt Out
Allian Ending
Evan Ending
Kai Ending
Raiden Ending
Ryoma Ending
True Ending
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 51: Sympathy

483 24 0
By Twiira

Dec 20, Thursday

Groaning, Ace's turned her head to the side, her eyes fluttering open as she left the confines of sleep. She tried moving her hands, only to be reminded of her reality as both cuffs pulled her wrists back.

"...You're awake."

Jolting in surprise, she turned her head to the side, her gaze meeting a pair of dull, grey eyes. "E-Evan.."

The boy stood up from his chair, moving closer to her. When he reached out for her, she instantly flinched and edged away from him.

He lowered his hand, his head hung low. "...I've scared Ace." He muttered, his tone quiet yet dripping with sadness.

She pursed her lips, looking away. She couldn't bear looking at his defeated posture. She had every right to be angry, to be frustrated. And yet, why did she feel sympathy? Was it guilt? Why did she have a soft spot for the people that kidnapped her?

"Ace.. Please, at least allow me to unlock one of your cuffs." He said, his voice soft.

She reluctantly turned her gaze back to him, nodding slightly. "Why..?" She asked as he moved closer to her, key in hand. "Why would you decide to uncuff me?"

Turning the key in its lock, the cuff released her right wrist with a click. "It's unethical to keep both of your wrists locked in place during the day." He answered, frowning. "..You will only have both hands cuffed at night to avoid.. escaping again." He turned away from her.

She nodded slightly, moving her right hand freely. Her wrist felt sore. "Thank you."

Still with his back turned to her, he forced out, "W-Why did you trying running away again?"

The girl felt her muscles tense up and looked away. "Nobody wants to be kept in like a caged animal." She said in a soft whisper. "I miss.. my family." She uttered, too softly for him to hear. An image of the girl with black hair no longer confined to a braid and red ribbon flashed in her mind. I miss Lyra..

Evan turned back to her, his hood blocking part of his face. "..I'll talk to Raiden about this. Maybe I can persuade him to let you walk around town with us."

"Really?" She asked, surprised. She leaned forward, her hand supporting her weight. "Y-you mean it?"

The boy nodded. "It's not in my power to unlock you.. I would if I could.."

She straightened herself, frowning at him. "Why do all of you guys follow Raiden? He's not your boss. He can't control you."

Sitting down on the edge of the bed, the boy shook his head slowly. "We.. made an agreement. He's not our boss. But whenever we want to do something, everyone has to agree. He's just normally the one who suggests what we do and initiate."

Without much thinking, she attempted to move her left wrist, causing the cuffs to yank against her skin. She winced from the sudden pain.

He stared at her with wide eyes, his face worried. "Ace? A-Are you okay?" He asked, coming closer to her to inspect her bound wrist.

"I-I'm fine." She quickly said, moving her wrist out of his vision. "Why.. why are you guys so hive-minded?"

He blinked in confusion. "Hive-minded?"

She nodded. "All thinking the same.. Same goals. Same beliefs."

A sad smile pricked at his lips. "The only thing we want, is you." He said, shaking his head. "...I have my own goals."

Staring at him, she pursed her lips. "Your own goals?"

A small, nervous chuckle left his lips. "Y-yeah.. But I... I can't afford to tell you." He brought his gaze back to where she hid her wrist behind her. "Let me see your wrist."

When she hesitated, he dropped his gaze. "Please?"

The girl drew in a breath, reluctantly drawing her wrist from behind her body and offering her wrist for him to see.

With gentle fingers, he took her wrist, examining it. It was red, swelling up from the amount she must have pulled on it during her troubled sleep. "Would you like some bandages? I know it helps to prevent cuts when you pull against it."

She gave him a small smile. "That would be great."

He walked over to the desk, pulling a drawer open. His eyes scanned over the contents of the desk before reaching in, taking hold of a familiar box and taking it out.

Placing it on the nightstand, he opened it, his fingers wrapping around a roll of wrap bandages.

Ace offered him her hand, allowing him to gently wrap her wrist with the bandages. "Thanks."

Evan nodded slightly, securing it. "I'll come back with your breakfast." He said, putting it back into the medical aid box and storing it back into the drawer.

She pursed her lips, frowning. She wasn't hungry.

The boy left the room, leaving the girl to stare at where she last saw him. Looking back down at her wrist that was now treated, she heaved a sigh.

When will I be free again?

She drew her legs toward her chest, wrapping her free arm tightly around herself. She placed her head on her knees, closing her eyes.

What went wrong? Why did this have to happen?

I miss the days we had fun together. The days where I felt safe and happy. The days where I could forget about my past.

She frowned, furrowing her brow. I made friends with all five of them so easily. A few days at most. Was I starved for friendship that much? I had Lyra.. And she was the only one that I ever had.

"Are you okay?"

Startled, the girl looked up, her eyes meeting blue eyes that lacked the cheerfulness that she had grown so use to. "Allian.."

The blonde took careful steps toward her, his hand placed on top of where his bruises were. Where Ryoma had kicked him.

She frowned. "Are you okay?"

Sitting beside her, he nodded slightly. "Yeah.." He looked at his hand. "I've gone through much worse."

A feeling of sympathy ran through her body, surprising her. She looked away. "That isn't okay."

The male shrugged. "It's alright. But how about you? Are you okay?" He repeated. "You look exhausted."

The girl opened her mouth, but no words left her lips. She felt nearly dead on the inside, but she'd lie without hesitation to avoid worrying people in general. I should be angry. Why am I not yelling at him..? Instead I feel so.. So tired..

"I'm fine." She gazed at her cuffed wrist, a dry laugh escaping her lips. "Would be much better if I wasn't cuffed."

Evan walked into the room, holding a platter of bread with jam spread on top, as well as a glass of orange juice in his other hand. He narrowed his eyes at the male as he placed down the plate and glass on the nightstand. "What were you saying to Ace?" His voice sounded semi-hostile.

Allian's posture seemed to slump as he looked away. He didn't answer.

Ace frowned, turning her gaze to the hooded boy. "He just asked me if I was okay. That's all."

"Ace.." Allian murmured. "Why did you run..?"

She shook her head leaning back against the headboard. "Nobody likes being a captive." She answered for the second time.

"You should eat, Ace." Evan said, taking the plate and holding it to her.

She stared at the plate, reluctantly taking it in her hands. "Okay." She muttered.

Evan glanced at the blonde. "We should talk to Raiden."

Allian turned his head to the boy. "Why?"

"We should allow Ace to get out of the house and walk around." He answered. "She hates being stuck inside."

The girl smiled gratefully at his words. "That would be great."

Allian glanced back at her for a few seconds before looking back at Evan. "Okay."

He slowly got up from his seat, making his way out of the room with a slight limp. Evan followed him, giving her a small smile before shutting the door behind him.

~

"You do realize that she tried escaping twice, right?" Ryoma questioned, sighing as he sat down on a couch.

"Of course." Evan replied, glancing down.

Allian and Kai who sat on the same couch exchanged glances, while Raiden rested his ankle on his knee.

"What makes you think she won't try running the second we step out the gate?" Ryoma scowled.

"She's sad!" Evan rose his voice, glaring at the male. "She's tired of being kept indoors! She's not a pet!"

Raiden smirked, amused by the boy's change in tone.

"We have to keep her in! It's the only way to keep her safe!" Ryoma argued back, clenching his fist.

"As much as I don't like the idea of Ace not in the house," Allian said quietly, "Evan's right."

"What the hell, Allian?" Ryoma exclaimed, his voice aggressive.

"A twenty-minute walk around town shouldn't be that bad." Kai said, glancing at Ryoma. "Some fresh air would be good for her."

As Ryoma glowered at him, Raiden smiled. "Relax, Ryoma. She's not going on this walk alone. She won't even attempt escaping with all five of us with her."

When Ryoma frowned, the onyx male continued. "I'm sure you've all noticed that her mood's deteriorated in the past two days. I'm sure she will be much happier and much more responsive to us after we allow her to get out of the house." He leaned back. "She might even decide to drop the idea of escaping, now that she knows she can't run away no matter how hard she tries. A breath of fresh air may reassure her that we're willing to let her out."

Kai shook his head slightly. "There's no way she'd drop the idea of escaping unless she completely breaks and accepts the fact that there's no escape for her."

The guys glanced at each other with uncertainty.

Raiden was the only one who smiled, but he didn't press on the topic. "We'll allow Ace to take a walk around town. Afterward, she may think that it isn't so bad being with us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

194K 7.8K 31
Obsession can drive a man mad, leading them to do obscene things for the person they love. When Y/N becomes best friends with the new guy at school...
35.2K 1.3K 24
y/n's mother had just got remarried and the girl who had been blessed enough to have two sister's now has an extra seven brothers but what happens wh...
23.1K 499 20
You are a normal first year in highschool, a loner that likes anime, you don't really have any connections with people in your school, but when one g...
103K 3.2K 28
I watch as she pulled his head back and slit is throat, the blood spewed out. I felt like I was about to vomit, Victoria had a wide, frightening smil...