Oblivious ~ Superman Love Sto...

By FinnishUnicorn

Meet Fae. She works at the daily planet is clumsy and as fragile as glass. Superman has been seen saving h... More

1. A picture worth a pulitzer
2. Clak Kent is a gentleman
3. The story in the internet
4. Love story of the century
5. More beautiful than that drawing
6. Style meant for cat ladies
7. Phone call about the pictures
8. The outdoor wedding
9. The world in a frenzy
10. A picture from a time before
11. Mark the boyfriend
12. The biggest exclusive of Superman
13. Gifts all over the place
14. How can I cheer you up
15. Stuck in an elevator
16. I'm pregnant
17. How about Gotham
18. Family is important
19. The truth is revealed
20. Mr. Wayne's gala
21. Batman V Superman
22. Broken hearts bleed
23. Stolen rights
24. Why did you do that?
25. The Belle of the ball
26. Bruce "The Tire" Wayne
27. My brother, Oliver
28. Do not speak her name!
29. Get off the fucking bed
30. I would like you to stay
31. Return to Metropolis
32. A million men dying
33. Manipulative bitch
35. Last time we meet
36. Martha Kent
37: It ends in a week
38: Kitten sweater day
39: Overpowering feelings
40: Love and drawn out guns
41. Revelations of the heart
42: Hope
43: Seven weddings
44. Cancer was the first ending
45. Failure was the second ending
46. Heroism was the third ending
47. Under the stars
48. For the rest of our lives
49. The ending you deserve
50. The ending you have to endure * Alternative ending
Goodbye
The surprise ending

34. False imprisonment

10.8K 239 23
By FinnishUnicorn

Don't be too quick to judge this chapter.

But do let me know what you think in the comments!

***

I was a furious woman with a plan. A plan that I hadn't really thought through. My anger had taken over all reasonable thought and so I had called a press conference. I made it anonymous since I just wanted a little bit of press to be there and if I told them it was me, then the place would be filled with reporters, fans, and paparazzi. Thus it would be more likely that someone would get trampled or the conference was called off due to too many people without alerting the police of the event.

I appeared calm, almost cold in my silence.

I dressed darkly since I didn't feel joyous enough to wear my kitty clothes. I chose a plaid skirt, too short for a woman from the Queen family just to piss off my mom. Childish I know but made me feel a little better. I wore a black long sleeved shirt that bared my shoulders and was just short enough to leave some skin uncovered between it and my skirt. I put on velvety, wine red heels and lipstick matching the color. I chose jewelry fitting to the colors of my clothing and did my nails since the old color had started to chip off. After perfume and dramatic brown toned eyeshadow far darker than anything I usually wore, grabbed my bag and put on dark big shades.

I was ready for battle...

"Clark let's go." I said as I walked to the kitchen where Clark had been eating a huge breakfast.

A piece of egg fell out of his mouth and embarrassed, he was quick to whip his mouth with a napkin, as gentlemen do before getting up and giving me a nervous compliment.

"Thanks, Clark." If nothing else made me feel better then Clark looking cute and innocent did.

"I didn't know that I should dress up." Clark said, embarrassed. "Where are we going?"

"I'm having a press conference." I said while handling important business on my from unblinkingly.

"Oh... Wha- What about?" He asked, fidgeting nervously.

"No need to worry. Just a simple matter." I said and gave Clark a quick glance. No shirt and just pajama bottoms. "No need to wear anything fancy just put on some jeans and a shirt." I addressed the matter.

"Okay." Clark nodded.

"Would you stand with me? At the conference?" I asked through the bedroom door, which Clark had closed so he could change his clothes.

"You... You mean in front of cameras?" He asked, his voice muffled by the door.

"Yeah, that is part of the deal." I said with an amused chuckle.

A notification popped up on my phone: 'Forgive me.' Was the only thing the anonymous text said.

'City hall, fifteen minutes. Press conference. Join us.' I answered bluntly, guessing who the anonymous was.

When Clark appeared looking handsome as always in a suit I smiled putting my phone into my back pocket. I had gone into perfect Queen princess mode again. The cold and calculating version of me that handled the press, family matters and appeared perfect to everyone who was looking.

"You look dashing." I smiled. "Thank you, Clark."

He looked confused: "What for?"

"Staying by me, through all the drama and craziness. For tolerating me."

"There's no need to tolerate anything, there's not a thing I'd change in you." A truly authentic smile spread on our faces. This is why Clark was amazing. He knew just what to say and he actually meant it all.

When we started leaving the apartment I stopped by the broken mirror on the wall by the door doing a quick bun. It looked too perfect and my point was to annoy mother so and turned the style into a messy bun.

The cab ride was silent and as I thought there were only about 10 reporters at the city hall with their crew.

When I stepped out of the car, Clark followed me behind

Long granite steps led to the city hall building, however, we were going to have the conference outside and there was a podium ready halfway up to the city hall. There the bored looking journalists stood at the ordered ten-meter distance of the podium.

I was surprised that no questions started flying when I stepped behind the podium and got ready to speak to the microphone. The journalists didn't even bother to look up at me and I felt deeply disrespected. Even if I was a sixth grader and here to talk about animal welfare I deserved to be listened to. Everyone has a voice and it's sad that sometimes the wrong voices are listened to and those with real ideas are cast away.

"Hello, all." I said speaking to a camera recording me. "My name is Fay Queen and I am here to discuss the events leading to my injury and disappearance from the public eye."

This got the journalists attention, eyes sparkling at the story that lay ahead of them, all flicking on the live broadcasts on in their cameras. "I ask you not to interrupt me with questions I will be giving my official statement and will leave if I am cut off short." I gave the reporters a look they very well knew from multiple politicians: I wasn't kidding.

Stating the time and place of the accident I started speaking: "Earlier I had attended a gala in Gotham city held by Bruce Wayne a childhood friend of mine. At the gala, I saw my brother for the first time in months and after leaving the gala I joined him at a hotel room booked by The Queen Industries. After some time there I saw a news report on the TV about the ongoing fight and rushed to the scene which explains my state of state of appearance": Referring to the nightwear I was wearing in the videos.

"I would like to state that I have not been prosecuted of public indecency and all news reporting this, have been incorrect." I continued.

I took a peek to my right and had to do a double take when Clark wasn't there. Wondering where he had gone, I noticed a familiar figure approaching from the sky and landing to my right side: Superman. "Thank you for joining us." I said to him. He just nodded and stood next to me in front of the newscasts. "I would like to make clear that my statement is mine alone and does not include that of Superman." I said and went back into my statement so rudely interrupted by Superman. But he must have been saving someone and thus I can't blame him for not arriving.

"Like all other outsiders on this matter, I am not aware of what started the fight between Superman and Batman and do not intend to find out." I cleared my voice: "While trying to stop this fight I was hit by Superman's elbow directly to the chest by the strength of about 3000 newtons. My injuries were small and caused by multiple factors outside the punch including hitting my head. My injuries have since healed and did not cause permanent damage. In the end, I got out of the situation with quite small injuries. I do not intend to start a case against Superman over this matter. While my ordeal was an accident..." I paused biting my lip at what I was about to say and what consequences it might cause. Taking a deep breath I continued: "While my ordeal was an accident the violence directed towards Batman was deliberate and his injuries were far worse than mine. These included a broken nose, seven fractures in his fingers, a broken collarbone and a broken sternum. Out of his injuries, the biggest in scale were eight broken ribs which caused difficulty in breathing. He is recovering from his injuries well. I do not know if he will start a case against Superman if he does I will testify against Superman. I believe..." I took a sneak peek at Superman and his face was emotionless. "That Superman should have consequences on his actions towards Batman."

I felt so broken at what I had to say. I felt like I was doing the right thing here. What he did to me truly was an accident but what he did to Batman... He wasn't a superhero at that moment, he was an animal unable to control himself in the situation.

"Following my disappearance, I stayed at The Wayne manor as a guest of Bruce Wayne and was joined by my family. Soon, however, it became clear that I was not allowed to leave the house... I was held prisoner by my family and Mr. Wayne. I was cut off entirely from the rest of the world. I was not allowed to have a press conference or write anything on social media, my freedom of speech was taken away. I was not allowed to see the news or go to the hospital. My wellbeing was checked at the manor, but not by a certified doctor. My phone was blocked so I could not speak to anyone outside of the house or receive calls or messages thus the world believed me to be dead. I had friends who were terrified and mourning me unaware of what happened and I was denied help from a psychologist. The week I spent at the Wayne manor I was under stress and led to believe that not even my closest of friends had reached out to see if I was alright. I feel violated over my treatment by those closest to me and demand a public apology and I want them to admit to how awfully I was treated at the manor by all those aware of what was going on. If this does not happen I will press charges on both my family and Mr. Wayne for my treatment and false imprisonment." I said looking directly at the camera: "Yesterday I was able to leave the manor with the help of a butler at the manor and a taxi called just in time."

I was hungry for blood. Everything that happened had felt like overprotective family, but when that was stripped away and all I was left with was all the events in a list I realized how badly I was actually treated there. I wanted to get back at my family... I wasn't truly going to press charges but I wanted to drag the family through some mud. What they did was wrong and this time they were going to pay.

"This is the end of my statement, but before answering questions I would like to clear something personal up: I do not think of myself as a victim of domestic violence. My heart goes out to all of you have had or are dealing with this wrongdoing towards you. The incident between Superman and I was a pure accident, but I assure you that if it is repeated I will leave him and press charges. Domestic violence is something no one should have to go through. No one deserves it. To everyone dealing with this, I encourage you to see your self-worth: to state that you do not deserve this and go to the police and get help. Leave behind whoever is hurting you and don't ever go back. We have lost so many good people to domestic violence and it has to end. Now." I said taking a political stance on the subject. "In another matter, I do not support any of the numerous groups demanding the execution of Superman. Superman is a good man who made a mistake, I believe this will go down as a one-time thing. He has saved thousands of lives and will continue to do so for a long time. That we should be thankful for. He is our savior and has rightfully earned that title. I forgive him, so should you."

I took Superman's hand and gave him a brief smile. I still didn't feel completely comfortable but we were going to reach that. I was sure of it. Everything would go back to normal.

I felt like getting it all out was helpful, removing something dark and angry that had been inside me. I had said my truth and I had been listened to. Now it was time for the world to answer.

***

So when reading the last few chapters it didn't seem like they really did anything wrong, but when looking at it through the perspective I just told you it seems a lot worse...

So world (readers) do respond to this in comments. Did she do the right thing?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.5K 1.1K 43
Book (2) Sequel to my Flash x OC fan-fiction, Be You're Hero. Barry finally popped the question to Ella. They were engaged! But after his father's de...
38.7K 1.1K 25
Bruce is doing just fine until suddenly his interest in Clark Kent becomes more than professional. *character copyright with DC*
534K 23.4K 55
❝If you have never lost your sanity, then you have never been in love.❞ Meet Harley Quinn; She is not the Harleen she was anymore. She has changed fo...
22.5K 514 27
Bruce Wayne meets a mysterious girl, who comes with a lot of problems. Will these problems fade in to romance? Or turn to chaos? {Process of editing...