4. Love story of the century

"Uhm, Mr. White?" Clark said as the editor in chief walked towards the elevator. I was skittering behind Clark holding important papers and keeping y gaze to the floor.

"Make it quick Clark I am in a hurry. This whole Superman save is like the marathon for newspapers. Everybody wants to be the first to tell the story." Mr. White blurted with a scoff.

"Well I've finished my article and I think it's quite good." Clark said stuttering a little. I could see why: Mr. White was terrifying."

"We already got an article. Ron Troupe got an interview from Fay Queen." Mr. White said.

"That's a lie!" I yelled instantly, lifting up my gaze, but turning it back to the ground when I saw Mr. White turning towards me.

"What? Are you saying that MY magazine is telling lies?" Mr. White growled. "Who are you?"

"She's my intern." Clark said. "That's what I was about to-"

Before Clark was finished Mr. White cut him off: "You are fired girl. Clark find yourself a new intern."

"No Mr. White she knows it's not true." Clark said.

"And how could she possibly know that?" Mr. White asked stepping into the elevator.

"Because I'm the girl in the pictures." I mumbled.

"Yeah right. I bet many girls are saying that." Mr. White says.

"No really I am and I gave Clark an exclusive interview. I didn't tell Ron anything even though he called me." I said stepping into the elevator with Clark. I lifted my gaze to him and noticed that Mr. White was scrolling through his phone ignoring me. "I guess you won't get that interview to your paper then. I can always sell it to vanity fair or something." I said knowing that this would get his attention.

"Look girl-" Mr. White started but fell silent as he looked at me. "Uhhh,,, I... So you really didn't give an interview to Ron?"

"No. What did he say?" I asked and Mr. White gave me a paper.

As I started to read it my jaw dropped to the floor. "What?" I noticed Clark lean over my shoulder to read the paper. I moved so I was closer to him so he too could see.

----------

The love story of the century was the title of the article.

Today Superman did another heroic act when saving Fay Queen. They say pictures express more than a thousand words and the pictures from today look really intimate like there is something going on between Fay Queen and our beloved hero; Superman.

I have had an interview with Fay where she answered multiple questions of the relationship between Superman and herself.

"Superman and I are a couple. We met two years ago when he saved me the first time." Fay said when asked about the relationship between herself and Superman.

"We got married a couple months ago and are intending to have an addition to the family." Fay giggled after a question of how far her relationship with Superman is. Could it be that we have to prepare for a super baby?

Miss Fay even detailed Superman's physique explicitly. Those details are going to be released only on the internet version of our paper.

"We are in love. Being Superman's wife is the best thing in the world. I bet everyone is jealous of me and they should be. But he is mine." Miss Fay said just before the end of the interview. More juicy details on our web page.

----------

"What is this? These are all lies! I've never said any of these!" I said feeling offended.

I heard Clark clear his throat and noticed that he was really red in the face. He adjusted his glasses looking awkward.

"Good thing we didn't post this yet." Mr. White said. "Clark let me see your work." Mr. White said and quickly read Clark's article over: "This is acceptable. Post it to our web version of the paper right now.

Clark nodded, not getting a single word out of his mouth he was still red.

Mr. White exited the elevator and then the doors closed leaving Clark and I alone. I stepped forwards to press our floor button but tripped on a loose shoelace and tripped. I smacked right against Clark who quickly gabbed me. "Oh sorry." I said and pressed my hand against his chest to steady myself. "Your heart is beating really fast." I said without thinking. I don't know which of us got more embarrassed by that. Clearing my throat I said: "I mean... Let's go take care of that article."

When we got up Clark and I published the article online and felt like we had done a good job. "I hope he isn't bothered about what everyone assumed we were." I sighed when we got towards the end of the day.

"Who?" Clark asked.

"Superman of course." I said.

"Oh yes... Of course. I don't think he'd mind." Clark said.

That's when I saw Ron walking from the elevator to his desk: "Hey Ron!" I instantly yelled feeling some of that anger return. I walked up to him and said: "What the hell were you thinking trying to release info about me being Superman's girlfriend? What if Superman's enemies would have read that and gone after me because of being important to Superman? They could have used me to get to him. Even he can't protect me from everything. The one's who are close to him are always in danger. You risked my life. You were reckless telling everyone that I am Superman's girlfriend. And I'm not. So you were lying and risking a life." I said.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what I was thinking..." Ron said casting his eyes on the floor.

Sighing I looked at him: "It's okay... Just don't lie again. At least about things like this."

"Yeah... I won't." He promised.

I walked back to Clark. "Feel better?" He asked.

"Yeah. Much." I said before starting to go through paperwork again.

"Good." Clark smiled.

***

More drama on the next chapter... Just wait. Buahauahhahaha

Hope you liked it and will leave a nice comment!