Fixation

By Twiira

[Completed] "I thought I changed. Perhaps that was just an illusion I believed in." When Ace transfers to a n... More

Chapter 1: Late
Chapter 2: Tour
Chapter 3: First Impressions
Chapter 4: Apologies
Chapter 5: Service
Chapter 6: The Park
Chapter 7: Sketchbook
Chapter 8: Model
Chapter 9: A Cherished Friend
Chapter 10: Bullies
Chapter 11: Secret Room
Chapter 12: Cupcakes
Chapter 13: A Note
Chapter 14: Assistance
Chapter 15: Counselor
Chapter 16: Moved
Chapter 17: Phone Numbers
Chapter 18: The Past
Chapter 19: Tutoring
Chapter 20: Fun & Games
Chapter 21: Cupcakes
Chapter 22: Frosting On Top
Chapter 23: Technology & Phones
Chapter 24: Haunted
Chapter 25: Trypanophobia
Chapter 26: Back To School
Chapter 27: Scattered Stars
Chapter 28: The Rehearsal
Chapter 29: Comforting Words
Chapter 30: Grim Atmosphere
Chapter 31: Positivity
Chapter 32: Group Chat
Chapter 33: Family Meeting
Chapter 34: Nightmares
Chapter 35: Snowfall Valley
Chapter 36: A Friendly Snowball Fight
Chapter 37: A Surprise
Chapter 38: Untold Truths
Chapter 39: Tipping Point
Chapter 40: First-Aid Kit
Chapter 41: Escape Plans
Chapter 42: Job
Chapter 43: Escapade
Chapter 45: Pulling Strings
Chapter 46: Behind His Mask
Chapter 47: Appetite
Chapter 48: Conflicting Emotions
Chapter 49: Her Strength
Chapter 50: Illusion Of Protection
Chapter 51: Sympathy
Chapter 52: Regaining Sanity
Chapter 53: Collapse
Chapter 54: True Nature
Chapter 55: Recovery
Chapter 56: Burnt Out
Allian Ending
Evan Ending
Kai Ending
Raiden Ending
Ryoma Ending
True Ending
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 44: Anger

659 29 0
By Twiira

The sound of his ragged breathing and fist colliding with his punching bag was the only thing that he heard.

Why the hell..

His fist landed another blow on the heavy object, making the chains it was being held on sway backward.

Why did she try escaping? Even after I told her that we'd ditch the cuffs if she behaved well!

He struck the black bag once more, letting out a heavy sigh and grabbing a towel hanging on a metallic rack nearby. He knew why.. and he couldn't blame her.

Wiping the sweat that had gathered on his skin during that past twenty minutes, he took off his knuckle guard gloves and threw them into an open drawer.

After a few minutes of cooling off, he swung the towel over his shoulder, walked out of his room and down the dark hallway.

He stopped when he noticed light seeping through from beneath Evan's doorway.

Walking towards it, he opened the door and glanced around, his eyes landing on the boy who had his headphones on. He worked at a table beside the window, a laptop to his left side and a digital piano to his right.

Ryoma watched as the boy's fingers nimbly moved across the keyboard expertly in an almost aggressive way, slowing down at a few points of the song.

A few moments later, Evan withdrew his hands from the piano and to his laptop, where he clicked a single button, stopping the recording.

Sighing, he removed the black headphones from his ears and let them hang around his neck. He turned towards him. "Why are you here?" He asked, his voice sounding rather cold.

Ryoma frowned, walking into the white and navy themed bedroom. "It's past 3 am."

"So?" The boy asked, turning away from him and back to his laptop. "Can you leave? I'm busy."

The purple haired male took a seat on a stool beside his bed. "You're not acting like yourself, Evan. Not since this morning."

Evan scoffed, typing at his laptop. "Why do you care?"

"I want my friend back." Ryoma sighed.

Pausing, Evan slowly took a glance at him. He didn't say anything.

"Evan, I know you're upset about Ace," Ryoma said, taking his towel and moving it across his neck. "But she probably said those harsh things to you because you were the first one to visit her after Raiden messed with her." He leaned forward. "Ace would try anything to escape being a captive, and she did. It shouldn't be too much of a surprise, even though it stings knowing that she tried."

The boy looked down at the ground, his chest feeling uncomfortably tight. His grey eyes wavered. "..It hurts.. to know she.. hates me.."

"She says she hates all of us," Ryoma frowned. "But she may not mean it. She had to let her anger and despair out on someone after hearing that Faith and Akia are being used against her."

Evan rubbed at his temple. "..What do I do?"

Ryoma stood up. "Give her time to cool down before you try talking to her again." He said. "From the looks of it, her mood will lighten up significantly after she's had time to accept things." He began walking to the door. "I'm sure she doesn't hate you like she claims she does."

When he reached the door, he took the doorknob. "Good night, Evan."

The door shut.

Alone with his thoughts, the boy shut his eyes, taking in a few deep breaths.

Hopefully, he's right.

~

Dec 19, Wednesday

Groaning softly, Ace turned her head to the side, nuzzling against a soft pillow.

"You're finally awake."

Her eyes snapped open and she flinched when a jolt of pain shot through her sore neck. Her head began pulsating, her feet throbbing. "Agh.."

She blinked a few times, trying to stabilize her swimming vision. "Kai.." She groaned, watching him as he leaned forward in his chair.

"You made quite the stunt yesterday," Kai said, keeping his eyes on her.

She shifted her hand, noticing that her left hand was cuffed once again. When she attempted to sit up, she jerked slightly as her feet suddenly stung, shooting sharp stings of pain up her legs.

"I would avoid moving as much as possible." He sighed, standing up and taking a seat on the bed. "You got some nasty splinters from trying to climb that tree shoeless yesterday."

The girl looked away. "It was the only option that was open to me." She sighed, laying back down in defeat.

Kai leaned over her, his head hovering above hers by a few feet. "Why did you try escaping? You hurt not only yourself but Raiden as well."

Her mind flashed back to when she swung her scissors instinctively through the darkness of the basement. "So that's who I hit yesterday." She let out a breath. "How is he?"

"He's fine. He's got a laceration on his forearm." He said, shaking his head slightly. "He said if it weren't for his clothing, you would have cut the side of his abdominal region pretty badly."

Ace pursed her lips, feeling a flare of guilt in her chest. "It was dark. I couldn't see anything. When I heard someone closing in on me, I reacted accordingly." She replied. "I never meant to hurt him."

"To be fair, we didn't know that it was you either." Kai said. "We thought it was someone who broke into the house."

She scoffed, meeting his golden eyes. "Anyways, where's Faith and Akia? You guys said they were in the basement but they weren't there."

He shook his head, walking away from her. "You don't need to know."

She felt her body tense up. "What did you do to them?" She asked, her voice becoming hostile.

"You wouldn't want to know." He said, shrugging nonchalantly.

She blinked at him, gritting her teeth. "What are you talking about? Of course I want to know. They're my friends!"

"You know I won't answer your question." He said, indifferent. "Why do you keep trying?"

The girl scowled at him. "That's almost as bad as keeping from telling me that you guys were behind Stephanie's death! Why do you keep silent about these things?!"

"For this reason exactly." He replied blankly. "And besides, she's in a better place now. She doesn't need to deal with life's cruelty like the rest of us."

The girl shakily rose her head from its slumped posture, her lips parting open in shock. "You.. You're not Kai.. You're not the Kai I know.."

A dry chuckle let his lips. "You're wrong, Ace. The generous, happy Kai that you know is a fake persona of the real Kai." He turned his gaze over to her. "The real Kai is a sad shell full of hatred for the world."

He began taking a few steps toward her, his right hand reaching over to the chain bracelet that adorned his left hand.

Ace slowly backed away from him, noticing how his eyes had seemed to darken considerably. It terrified her.

"Perhaps... I should release you from this world of misery as well." He said, snapping the chains loose from his wrist. She watched in horror as he assembled the metal pieces expertly, clicking and locking the metal together with ease. He slid a segment of the chain up, a blade emerging from its clever casing.

The cuff tugged against her wrist and her feet began to cause the girl pain as she backed away from him as much as she could. "K-Kai..!"

The male had climbed onto the bed, his free hand reaching out for her and pushing her shoulder down so she couldn't move. He slowly edged the blade closer to her neck, the steel making gentle contact with her bare skin. He held the blade there, steady and unmoving.

Ace could only look into his eyes, unable to move her head in risk of getting cut. Fear began to pulse through her body.

"I thought you would have figured that out by now.. Who I really am." He muttered.

She stayed silent, afraid of agitating him.

The blade was suddenly pulled back and away from her.

Staring in shock, she watched as the male turned away from her, getting off the bed and staggering away. "..I.. Not again.." He grunted, tossing the blade onto the desk forcefully. "Dammit.." He cursed under his breath, his hand clutching the side of his head.

He abruptly left the room, slamming the door shut behind him.

The girl stared after him, trembling. Cautiously raising her hand to her throat, she ran her fingers across the unharmed skin. She turned her gaze toward the desk, where the craftily made blade sitting on the surface with its chains scattered about seemed to glint in the sunlight.

Kai...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 57 3
"Oh y/n did you know I used to be god's favorite but now he won't listen to my prayers anymore.He let me fall, im no longer in heaven but it was wort...
34.7K 1.3K 24
y/n's mother had just got remarried and the girl who had been blessed enough to have two sister's now has an extra seven brothers but what happens wh...
159K 3.9K 19
Y/n L/n is moving to new town with her best friend to start college. New school, new town and new people! Who wouldn't be exited and even a little an...
160K 4.5K 35
Y/N L/N is a new student. She never expected to make new friends or get closed to somebody. but then she meets 7 boys. All of them becomes friends an...