Had to be Dyson

By writerbug44

"It had to be Dyson who was working the late shift at the Subway in the mall's food court with me during the... More

Chapter- 1
Chapter- 2
Chapter- 3
Chapter- 4
Chapter- 5
Chapter- 6
Chapter- 7
Chapter- 8
Chapter- 10
Chapter- 11
Chapter- 12
Chapter- 13
Chapter- 14
Chapter- 15
Chapter- 16
Chapter- 17
Chapter- 18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter- 21
Chapter- 22
Chapter- 23
Chapter- 24
Chapter- 25
Chapter- 26

Chapter- 9

109K 4.5K 1.2K
By writerbug44

Vote for who should play Tyler!!!

Vote-Comment-Fan <3

_____________________________________

“How was it?” I asked Dyson after he finished the grilled cheese I had made for lunch.

He shrugged. “It was okay.”

I glared at him. “Well I worked hard so it better have been better than okay.”

He chuckled. “Sorry. It was the most wonderful thing I have ever tasted in my whole life.”

I nodded. “Much better.”

“It’s not that hard to make grilled cheese.” He pointed out.

“Shut up.” I snapped, finishing off my lunch as well. “You’re lucky we’re not keeling over from food poisoning right now.”

“Wouldn’t surprise me.” He mumbled.

“Heard that.”

“You were supposed to.”

“You’re an ass.” I growled.

He winked at me. “Keep sayin’ that, babe.”

“Yeah, whatever. So what are we doing tonight?” I asked.

He gasped dramatically. “You’re letting me choose? I’m touched.”

I rolled my eyes. “Well, I’m going downstairs for a little bit. I’ll see you in like three hours, I guess.”

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“Don’t worry about it.” I called over my shoulder as I made my way through the store.

I trotted down the stairs and then picked up my soccer ball from where I left it near the play place. I grabbed the ball then tossed it around the large planets like I did the last time. I spun the ball around the obstacles and bounced it into the air smoothly and let it bounce off of the top of my head. I kicked it through the tunnel in Neptune then kicked it around the moon. I leaped up on top of Saturn but when I was about to bounce down, my feet were removed from underneath of me. My landing wasn’t too bad, just a scraped left knee and a right elbow. Luckily, no blood or I would have blacked out again. Weak.

I stood back up and straightened out my shirt again before grabbing the ball and running it through the play place some more. My mind wandered to what the hell Dyson had planned for tonight. It was probably something stupid that I won’t even agree to. But I already agreed to it. Crap. This was really going to suck.

After another hour, I decided to take a break. I sat down on one of the planets and smiled to myself when I remembered bringing Mason here all of the time. This is where he got the nickname Monkey. Because he was always climbing on the planets. He loved this place so much.

“Are you sure I won’t fall?” He asked me with a look of fear as he stood on top of Jupiter, the biggest planet on the play place.

“I promise, I’ll catch you.” I said with a warm smile. “Just jump.”

“You have to catch me.” He said firmly.

“I promise, Monkey.” I said, looking into his big green eyes. “I will always catch you. I won’t let anything happen to you. Ever.”

I wiped a few tears away from my face as they fell but the memories kept flashing through my mind. The good ones, not the nightmares.

“I’ll get you!” He yelled after me as he chased me around Saturn’s ring.

I laughed and made sure to stay exact opposite of the ring as Mason so that he couldn’t get me, but played along with him. “Oh no! You’re going to get me! I’m too slow!”

I slowed down and he grabbed me by the bottom of my shirt, making us both topple over onto the ground. I instinctively held him close so that he didn’t get hurt as we fell and then when I saw that we were both okay, I laughed. Following me, Mason laughed too.

I stood to my feet. “My turn to get you.” I said evilly.

He let out a girly shriek as he started running around the other little kids. I let him just out of my reach for a few minutes before I grabbed his sides and started tickling him.

The tears eventually took over my whole body and I became a full out sobbing mess. I sat down with my back against the comet and rested my elbows on my knees and then put my face in  my hands as I cried. I remembered Mason and his smile, his laugh, his whine, his playfulness. But no matter how good the memory is, remembering still hurts. The pain of him not being here. With me. It hurts so bad, I just want it to go away. I just want him back and I don't want to feel this pain. I don't want to remember or cry. Weak. I'm weak for crying and I hate feeling like this. I just hate it.

“Uhm, do you, uh, do you want to wait until tomorrow to play the game?” Dyson’s voice echoed through the play place.

I was instantly on my feet and wiping the tears from my face. “Uh, w-what game?” I asked, trying to make my voice sound not too shaky. I failed.

Dyson smirked. “You’ll see. But we can do it tomorrow, if you want.”

“No, we might as well just get it over with. I’m fine.”

“Ah, that’s the spirit.” We walked back to the Macy’s side by side silently. Dyson didn’t dare bring up that he saw me crying because I would have ripped his head off and I think he knew that.

“Here it is.” Dyson said proudly, waving a hand around like a Price is Right model. I looked between our two beds to see the small white night stand. On top of the night stand was a checkers board. But it wasn’t just a checkers board, the board was glass and instead of little chip looking things, they were shot glasses filled with two different colored liquids.

“You’re trying to get me drunk?” I asked with a sniffle.

Dyson shrugged. “It’s worth a shot.”

“Do you know how stupid that is? What if something happened and we were too drunk to notice or care?” I asked. Or more like shreiked.

“C’mon. Take a risk for once in your life.” He whined.

“I don’t exactly have a choice.” I muttered. “But it’s really stupid.”

“Yolo.” He said with a grin.

I glared at him but I couldn’t hide the small smile tugging at my lips. “Never say that again.”

Dyson just laughed before sitting on his bed across from me so that the checker board was between us. “Do you even know how to play checkers?” I snorted.

“I happen to be very good at checkers.” He defended.

I nodded. “Riight. Well, why don’t you go first then.”

“Fine. This is how it works. If you get jumped, you shoot it. If I get kinged, you shoot it. If you get kinged, I shoot it. So the glasses that are empty on the table are kings.” He explained, taking one of his shot glasses and carefully moving it so that it didn’t spill. I took my turn and then he took his turn and we silently played the game, putting all of our focus on the game.

After a few turns, I found a way to jump him, but not only a jump… it was a double jump. I smiled to myself as I moved my shot glass and jumped both of his glasses.

“Double jump! Ha!” I gloated.

Dyson chuckled and rolled his eyes before easily sliding both shots down his throat quickly and rather impressively.

“You drink a lot?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I’m not an alcoholic.”

“I didn’t say that.”

“It’s your turn.” He said, quickly changing the subject.

“No it’s not, I just jumped your ass.” I said with a smirk.

He sighed before moving his glass again. Within a few more turns, Dyson found a way to jump me, but it wasn’t as sweet as my jump was.

He smiled smugly at me while he handed me the shot glass. “Here you go.” He chirped.

I rolled my eyes. “You’re such a child.” I muttered before choking down the shot. And by choking, I mean right after I swallowed all of the horrific liquid, I wretched for a minute before I could sit up straight again. I wiped the tears away from coughing so bad to see Dyson smirking at me.

“Don’t drink a lot?” He asked with raised eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. “What was your first clue?”

Four more turns and he took two more shots, I had one. I must be a really light weight because I could already feel my head beginning to spin around the room.

Another four turns and Dyson didn’t take any new shots but I had three since he kinged one and jumped two.

“I’m going to win.” I sang.

Dyson chuckled and shook his head. “Sure you are.”

“Denial.”

He rolled his eyes. “Light weight.”

“Shut up.” I snapped.

I won the game with two kings on the board. By the time the game ended, we were both pretty gone in the alcohol. I could tell by Dyson’s toothy grin and wobbly eyes.

Dyson cupped my face in his hands with his face close to mine. “Tyler.” He huffed.

“Yeah?” I whispered, looking into his eyes despite the spinning background. His face was so close to mine that I could smell the alcohol in his breath.

“You have a funny nose.” He said, pinching my nose with his fingers.

I swatted his hand away and crinkled my nose. “Do not! You have weird ears.” I said, pinching his ears in my hands.

“That means that we’re meant to be. Pinocchio and Dumbo.” He said with a grin.

“I do not look like Pinocchio!” I squealed.

He just shrugged. “We should still bang.”

“Let’s dance.” I said, ignoring his blunt comment. I grabbed the stereo and turned on the Mayday Parade album that I got in FYE.

“You listen to them?” Dyson asked.

I nodded. “I love them.”

“What song is this?” He asked as the song started.

I listened for a second then gasped, shooting up to my feet. “This is my favorite song. C’mon, dance with me!” I said, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards an open space near the beds.

I look back to the one and only summer time, And my girl was the envy of every friends of mine. She slept safely in my arms, We were so young and invincible. Closed lips she was never one to kiss and tell. Those trips in the summer never went so well. Young love is such dumb love. Call it what you want it was still enough.

I belted the lyrics to Kids in Love and danced around like an idiot, shaking my butt and waving my hands in the air like loose noodles. When I finally got Dyson to dance with me, I put my hands in his and we rocked back and forth at a quick pace and I did that thing where you spin out and then spin back into the guys arms. And then he dipped me down. Dyson was just too drunk to pick me back up, so I fell onto my butt, bursting into laughter as Dyson came tumbling down with me. We were laying on the ground facing the spinning ceiling now, both of us laughing way more than necessary.

“I haven’t had this much fun since, like, Mason’s third birthday when we went roller blading.” I said, still in the middle of a laughing fit.

“How come I’ve never seen your brother around?” Dyson asked, heaving for air after he calmed down from his laughter.

I sighed, completely done laughing, but not bothered by the question. My mood was still upbeat. “He died a few years ago.” I said.

“How?” Dyson asked.

“It’s a long story.” I mumbled.

“Tell me anyway.”

“He got shot. Like with a gun.” I said quickly. “I don’t want to talk about it right now, though. We’re having fun, don’t be a mood killer.”

“Okay, what do you want to do?” Dyson asked.

Our breath smelled of cigarettes and alcohol. We'd walk down the beach counting every star. Our hearts beat inside our chest. Leaving us gasping for every breath

I sang instead of answering him.

He flipped over so that our bodies made a right angle and our faces were at the corner and his was above mine. “Do you want to do that?” He whispered.

“What?” I squeaked.

“Go to the beach.” He said in a hushed tone, keeping his face hovering over mine only about an inch.

“Yeah. I’ve always wanted to go but we never could.” I said. "And then-" 

I was surprised when Dyson moved down and put his lips on mine, but for only a second, just to shut me up. His lips were so soft, they weren’t there for long enough, I wanted them back. “Let me take you.” He whispered. “We’ll go to the beach and count every star.”

I grinned. “Let’s do it.”

He beamed as he stood to his feet and then pulled me up as well as we danced energetically to the rest of the song.

We were just kids in love. The summer was full of mistakes we wouldn't learn from. The first kiss stole the breath from my lips. Why did the last one tear us apart?

We were both breathing heavily when the song ended and a slow song started. Dyson looked at me with amusement dancing in his eyes. “You should take your shirt off.” He declared.

“No!” I snapped. “You take your shirt off.”

“I will if you will.”

“I will if you will.” I repeated.

“Let’s do it together.” He said.

I nodded. “Turn around.”

We were about three feet away from each other and we both turned around so that we couldn’t see each other.

“Ready?” I asked, gripping the hem of my tank top. This was so stupid. So, incredibly stupid.

“3…” Dyson trailed.

“2…” I said, still breathing hard from dancing.

“1!” We both said in unison. I ripped my tank top off of my body, revealing my lacy purple bra. I spun around at the same moment that Dyson turned around and I was overwhelmed by how perfectly sculpted his body was. Surprisingly tan for somebody who lives in Maine and smooth. So smooth. His shoulders were peppered with freckles that I've never seen before and his abs were clearly an eight pack. Cound 'em. Eight.

“Woah.” Was all I could whisper, taking a few steps closer to his perfection as he stepped closer to me.

Dyson ducked his head so that his lips brushed against mine when he spoke and he snaked his hand around to press against the small of my bare back. “You’re really hot.” He whispered.

I giggled. “You’re not too bad yourself.”

“You’re going to regret this so bad in the morning.” He said.

I shrugged and right before I put my lips on his, I whispered, “Yolo.”

Right when I initiated the kiss, Dyson took over, pushing it farther. He pulled me as close as possible to him as possible as our tongues met and slid against each other smoothly. Then, we were on the bed and Dyson was hovering over top of me with his mouth sucking on a part of my neck. I let out a soft moan, arching my back trying to get as close to his body as I could.

“Wait.” I finally said, coming to my senses just a little bit. “We shouldn’t do this.”

He heaved a sigh. “Yeah, I guess.”

“I’m sorry.”

He flopped over to lay next to me and whispered into my ear. “Don’t worry about it.”

I put a hand to his cheek, still breathing at a heavy rate. “Hey, maybe when we go see the stars, we can actually do this.” I whispered.

He curled up next to my body so that my bare back was pressed against his rock hard abs. “I’ll hold you to that.” He whispered as I fell into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7M 418K 24
Reed Hadley would gladly spend her day holed up in her room with her dog, watching horror movies or surfing the internet on her trusty laptop. Too ba...
160K 6.2K 36
Kaia Sawyer needs help, but is too stubborn to look for it. Jacob Beck needs help, something he doesn't want to admit. Kaia needs the one person wh...
584K 18.8K 62
"Awe, what's the matter, Princess? Cat got your tongue?" Sin smirked. "I am not a Princess," I declared. He smiled and stepped closer to whisper in m...
618K 14.4K 29
I'm Bella Brookes, your ordinary nerdy girl, who got bullied in school, who got called names, who cried all thanks to the bad boy. Until a day, when...