The Selection (Not as it seem...

De Pastel_Meifwa

This is the selection, yes, but it's where I kinda create dramatic storylines with the charactors! I have maj... Mai multe

A/N Before I start
When the Rebels Were Faster
The Unexpected Allis
Help Me
Help Me (Maxon's POV)
Coming Home
The New Guard
The Diary (Part 1)
The Diary (Part 2)
The Untitled Book
Guess Who's Coming?
Many Tears
Caught
Fight of the Maids
All Alone
What Happened
Reuniting
An Early Visit
Im Sorry
A/N You Should Read :D
An Interesting Reaction
An Unwelcomed Guest
A Selfish Newly Stranger
A/N Updates!!!
Not Alone
So...

Something's Wrong

157 3 0
De Pastel_Meifwa

~Georgia's POV~

The second America turned on her side she fell asleep. I can tell, she's snoring a little. I'm sitting at the desk, doing work, and suddenly my eyelids become heavy. I blink once, slowly. Then again. I haven't slept in two days, and suddenly it seems inevitable. I was tired. With that, I close my eyes and fall asleep.

~---~

I jump up. How long was I asleep? A few hours it seems.

"America?" I ask. A few moments pass. Silence. When I don't hear a response I turn around. Maybe she was still asleep?

I turn around to reveal the horrible reason America didn't respond. She wasn't here.

Oh no.

She's gone.

How is she gone? No windows are broken. Did she leave? I wouldn't blame her if she did. I'm freaking out for no reason, right? If anyone finds out I'm dead.

That's when I noticed the note on the mattress. A tiny folded up piece of paper with few words on it written in thick, black ink.

"We kidnapped her from you like you

kidnaped her from the palace. You lost

at your own game. I could laugh."

That note scared me, I'll admit. I had managed to gain and lose the same friend in less than 24 hours. Even worse, what had scared me even more, was who the note was from, the person, or people I guess, who wrote it.

At the bottom, in the dark black ink read:

"--the Southerners"

God. This is horrible. There going to kill her. I can't even get help to get her back. I could get August.

And with that, I left through the front door.

___________________________________________________________________________

~America's POV~

I woke up on a cold, hard floor. I was in a dank dark cell. It was freezing, and my gown wasn't doing much to keep me warm. I was confused for a second. Had I been tricked? Should I have trusted Georgia? She seemed perfectly friendly...

I didn't get a chance to answer my thoughts before someone walked in. He was tall, dark brown hair, cold brown eyes, tan skin.

"Had a good sleep?" he says mockingly. His voice was deep and raspy. He couldn't have been more than thirty-four.

"Who are you?" I respond. My voice was meek and shaky. It was embarrassing as he laughed a dark laugh. I could punch him.

"Aww I'm flattered you want to know. If you must know," he said," I-" He started,"I am a southern rebel."

My blood went cold, my face drained of color. I wondered if he noticed. Would he kill me? Did I get kidnapped from Georgia and the northern rebels? Was I going to die? He looked back at me and smiled in amusement.

No, don't let him see your fear. You have to be strong. You are not going to die. You are going to fight. You are going to see Maxon again. You need to. To apologize. It's his choice who he marries, not mine. You just need to be okay. So fight.

Thinking of Maxon made my heart ache. Before I could linger on the sadness the man's cold laugh brought me back to reality.

"Why did you kidnap me?" I ask.

"We - the Southerners - we think you are going to be the next Queen." he said, simply with a shrug.

"Why would you kidnap me if you think I'm going to be the future Queen?" my voice grew stronger as I talked.

"Ah well you see that doesn't matter." he said. "Now tell me, what would you do if we took the prince as well, hmm?" he asked, a sick smile growing on his face.

"Don't you dare." my voice got threatening. He hit a nerve, and he knew it. He gave a dark chuckle.

"What would you do if, lets say I poison him, or hurt him...." I want to punch that smile off of his face.

Not the smartest idea, but I couldn't help it. My voice grew higher with rage. I was on the brink of tears. "Stop. If you want to hurt someone then hurt me."

"And why would you do that?"

He was getting on my nerve and I couldn't take it. "I'D DO IT BECAUSE I LOVE HIM." After the words processed in my brain I slowly cover my mouth with my hand. A tear streamed down my face. I did love him.

Thousands of thoughts ran through my mind. Another tear ran down my face as I remembered that we fought the last time I saw him, and that we fought because he was showing someone else engagements rings.

With that he stood. "I'll be leaving now." he said with a smile.

I stay silent. Probably for the best.

"Don't have anything to say to that?" he laughed and walked out the cell, locking it - me - back up.

~---~

When I opened my eyes I realized I had fallen asleep. I was leaned up against the wall in a sitting position. I hated myself for falling asleep

I looked to my left and he was standing there. On the outside of the cell.

"What are you doing?" I ask, anger in my voice but fear in my head.

"Taking you up on your offer." he laughed, coldly.

I really hated him.

Then fear chilled my veins. The offer from yesterday, I remember, was that I would rather him hurt me than hurt Maxon.

Then he took a pair of silver keys from his back pocket and opened my cell. The cell door creaked open an I winced. I got off my feet slowly-as fast as I could-but slowly. My bones hurt. Was I beaten? I pushed that thought away and stared at the open cell, considering running for it. I decided not to. There were most likely more guards out of that door. I'll have to find another way.

"We're live." he grunted. I whipped my head around confused. I forgot he was still in here for a second while lost in my thought. He had set up a camera pointed at us on this camera stand thingy. Then he pressed a button, the light turned red, and he smiled mincingly. Oh God.

He walked over to me as I backed away. Fight, I thought, fight. You will not die here. Fight. Stop being so vulnerable. I hated how defenseless I was. Fight.

I did. I ran at him top speed.

I rammed into him, sending him back words. Just then he came back at me with a punch in the gut, and like that the breath was pulled out of me. I made an audible gasp. He held me at arms length. I came back at him furiously with a knee in the groin. It was his turn to gasp audibly. I could laugh if it were under better circumstances.

Pushing aside the pain radiating off of me, I was enraged. He doubled over clutching himself, then quickly regaining himself shoved me into the wall. Hard. My back hit the wall with a slap. It hurt. Bad. I fell to the ground, I heard a crack-I probably landed wrong, but I didn't care. I needed to focus on getting my breath back, and try to manage it while fighting. He abruptly turned around assumedly to say something to the camera, and I took advantage of that to jump on his back and shake him.

He was caught off guard. He didn't know what to do for a second. Then he realized what was going on, and he was furious. Was he mad that I was fighting back? Did he expect me not to fight? What did he expect? Then, in a moments passing, he slammed his back into the wall with all of his strength, and me being on his back- I smacked my head, fell limp to the floor, my vision got blurry, and in another moment, everything went black.

Ahhhhh! Sorry this is a short chapter and it's kinda all in there and stuff. Also double sorry because I took four days to write again - school work :P Anyway I'll be posting at least two chapters tonight (this being the first) and five chapters throughout the weekend (Its Friday where I am.) I hope your shaking with suspense! Will America survive (duh xD) Does anyone come to save her? How badly was she hurt? I suck at writing so that will be a miracle if you commented or voted or just even liked it:) Anyway comment suggesting stuff and tell me how your day was? Hope you like it! I'm going to work on the next chapter now! :)

Love and Hugs <3

Mer/woofiepaws

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

8.2K 202 19
{EDITING} In Illea, the Selection is an opportunity of a lifetime for one average girl to be catapulted into the royalty. Marie entered, never thinki...
10.7K 400 46
MY VERSION OF THE NEXT BOOK America is married She has a wonderful life But what happens when the next selection is here? Is there perfect life all...
49K 652 22
Is a fanfiction of the Selection series by Kiera Cass. Maxon had chosen Kriss to be his wife has he regret that? America's career is going strong, b...
49.2K 675 19
What if Maxon chose Kriss? Characters from the amazing Kiera Cass. All Rights Reserved.