A New Face (Pearl X Male Read...

By Lazu-3

It was a normal day at Beach City. Birds were flying around, the sun was shining and you couldn't help, but s... More

Chapter 1: Meeting The Gems
Chapter 2: Saving Her
Chapter 3: Alone Time
Chapter 4: Curiosity
Chapter 5: Amethyst
Chapter 6: Garnet
Chapter 7: Pearl
Chapter 8: The Talk
Chapter 10: Darkness
Chapter 11: Clarity
Chapter 12: The Surprise
Chapter 13: The Extinguisher
Chapter 14: A Car (I)
Chapter 15: A Torch (II)
Chapter 16: A Death (III)
Chapter 17: Forgiveness
Chapter 18: Endless Love
Chapter 19: Back And Forth

Chapter 9: The Barn

6.3K 90 76
By Lazu-3

(Pearl's P.O.V.)

It's been one week already since he confessed to me and I couldn't be happier. We spent a lot of time together since then. We occasionally went for a walk in the woods and just admired the nature. He really seemed fond with the nature and by that I mean REALLY. A squirrel ate from his hand and one time a eagle landed on his shoulder. Wasn't there a fairy tale or something about that?

Anyways... A Homeworld Gem named Peridot appeared and caused a lot of havoc around here but we managed to stop her and bubble her. But Steven of course unbubbled her to speak with her and long story short, she lives in our bathroom right now.

She talked about a "cluster" or something like that but since she won't come out we got to look at it ourselves. We left Steven alone with Peridot while Garnet, Amethyst, (Y/N) and me will investigate the thing she talked about.

(Timeskip at the barn with Lapis and Peridot)

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

What happened? Well... Peridot helped us "defeat" the cluster but in the end Steven did. Lapis and Peridot live in the barn now and are trying to get along with each other.

After a couple of weeks Steven and I decided to give them a surprise visit.

(Y/N): "Heya you two!"

Lapis: "Oh hey (Y/N) and Steven." She flew down from... A car? What the heck...

Steven: "Hi. I see you're slowly getting acquainted with each other?"

Lapis: "I guess so. Slow and steady."

Peridot: "STEVEN! COME OVER HERE! I NEED YOU HERE! JUST YOU! STEVEN! NOT HIM! JUST YOU!" That's the most suspicious one can be, but we followed her orders.

Steven walked around the barn, leaving me with Lapis alone.

Lapis: "Soooo... How are things with Pearl?"

(Y/N): "Pretty good. Couldn't be better actually. Thanks for asking." Could this conversation get any more awkward?

She looks away.

Lapis: "Th-That's great for you." She says, rubbing her shoulder.

...

(Y/N): "What about you? How is life here on the barn?"

Lapis: "It's great and all but I'm still getting used to it. Peridot actually helps me a lot."

Peridot was heard in the back of the barn.

Peridot: "WOULD YOU PLEASE COME AND HELP, THE (Y/N)! STEVEN BROKE HIS ARM!"

Wait what? How did he? I have to get there this instant. I teleported to them and only saw a giggling Steven around the corner, unharmed.

(Y/N): "Peridot. Don't ever lie to me like that. You scared the duck out of me!"

Peridot: "Whaaaa--?" After several seconds she spoke up again. "Oh. SURPRISE!"

I looked around and saw multiple scarecrows scattered and placed everywhere. They all had different outfits on and all of them were painted differently.

Peridot: "It's a training field! Isn't it great? Now you can train your skills against those EVIL scarecrows! And I will keep on advancing it if you like."

Lapis appeared around the corner, looked around and did the infamous snort laugh. It's so adorable...

Peridot looked down as she heard her.

(Y/N): "Aww thank you, Peri. I love it. The only thing I have to watch out for is not using my sword against them or I'll destroy them easily." I picked her up and hugged her.

Peridot: "Anything for you, The (Y/N)..." She patted my back.

(Y/N): "It's just (Y/N)."

Peridot: "Whatever, Just (Y/N)..." "Now let me down."

(Y/N): "Oh. Yeah."

After that we went in and binge-watched Camp Pining Hearts. Man, the fifth season is absolute trash. I mean, who would ever write such a stupid plot?

Besides that I noticed that Lapis was looking at me from time to time. I looked back at her only to see her turning around again.

I decided to walk out of the barn and work out with my new "training field".

Steven: "Where are you going, (Y/N)? I know that this season is not really great... You know what? Nevermind just go."

(Y/N): "Okay then."

Once I walked out I put my sword in my gem again and took my hoodie off. I don't want it to get filled with sweat.

I breathed in deeply, inhaling the wind of this beautiful autumn.

(Lapis' P.O.V.)

(Y/N) went outside. I got to say... I like the fifth season. I've watched it a lot of times already so I should go out too, right?

A noise filled up my ears as I got out. It seems to be behind the barn. It must be (Y/N). I looked around the corner and saw (Y/N) concentrating. In an instant all of the scarecrows fell down with the stick that held them up, broken.

(Y/N): "Oh no! Peridot's going to kill me!" He said in a worried voice.

I quickly ran and hugged him, much to his surprise.

(Y/N): "Ha! Oh it's you, Lapis."

Lapis: "How did you do that? It looked like you controlled the air."

(Y/N): "Well... you know that I'm able to teleport, right?"

Lapis: "Wait. You can teleport? I thought I just had a daydream. That's pretty amazing. I can only manipulate water.", she created a small spiral of water.

(Y/N): "Water manipulation is sooo cool. I once saw you doing it. I got so jealous. Remember the feeling when you are really thirsty at night a-.

Lapis: "No..."

Silence followed.

Lapis: "You wanted to explain what you did..."

(Y/N): "Basically I just ran and punched them in a blink of an eye."

Lapis: "It actually sounds boring if you explain it like that."

I chuckled and he did as well. A shadow appeared around the corner.

Peridot: "I swear I heard a noise bac--... WHAT HAPPENED HERE?"

(Y/N): "L-Look, Peri I can explain!"

Peridot: "Spare me the commentary you... clod!"

(Y/N): "You gotta belie-."

Peridot: "I always knew you hated me!"

Lapis: "No, Peridot. He just broke them by accident, while he was training with them. I was there!"

She looked at me with a angered face for a second before it turned to a happy face.

Peridot: "Oh why didn't you say so."

(Y/N): "ARE YOU SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?"

The two screamed at each other but Steven and me just stood at the side lines and laughed. He sure is, something else...

(Timeskip to the end of the day)

Steven: "It was nice seeing you guys. Thank you for this amazing day."

(Y/N): "What he said." He shook Peridot's hand but hugged me, leaving me with a blush.

(Y/N): "Thank you for being a wonderful friend." He whispered to me.

And then something hit my stomach, emotionally. Friend... What is that? It feels... disappointing.

Peridot: "Be sure to visit us again someday!"

Steven: "We will!"

After we waved each other goodbye we cleaned up the mess in the backyard (Y/N) left. I noticed his hoodie was still there but they are too far away now. I guess I'll keep it until we see them again. It smells nice...

((Y/N)'s P.O.V.)

I can't really seem to get through Lapis. She still is a mystery to me but I like her. She sure is, something else...

Why wasn't Pearl here? Ugh. I miss her so much.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.4K 59
(AU where Steven doesn't move out and stays in Beach City after Steven Universe Future) You've lived in Beach City all your life. For 17 years you'v...
29.8K 891 37
a sweet and dramatic story about how Peridot and Lapis came together and became close. Peridot not having many friends, is a nerd, rich, awkward, and...
11K 93 23
IMPORTANT NOTE: none of these are related! They are all different scenarios and aren't linked to each other at all unless hinted otherwise!! I've had...
5.2K 433 24
Imagine Beach City. A normal city, normal people, normal society, a normal school. Or, at least, one can only assume so. Some might say that their sc...