Sugar Babe [Completed]

By WeAreAHurricane

Ever had Ramen Noodles for an entire month? Lilly Fenster has and she's tired of it. Which is why she ends up... More

Prologue: Ramen Noodles
Chapter One: Money Talks
Chapter Two: Lowly Lows
Chapter Three: Drunk Panic
Chapter Four: You're Next
Chapter Five: The Difference
Chapter Six: The Spins
Chapter Seven: Blueberry Muffins
Chapter Eight: Mysterious Beanie
Chapter Nine: Treading Mills
Chapter Ten: Double Chances
Chapter Eleven: Cold Hearts
Chapter Twelve: Loving Vintage
Chapter Thirteen: Summer Love
Chapter Fourteen: Shock Girl
Chapter Fifteen: Blueberry Throws
Chapter Sixteen: Tulle Fool
Chapter Seventeen: Be Careful
Chapter Eighteen: Jilly Billy
Chapter Nineteen: Numb Thumb
Chapter Twenty: Getting Answers
Chapter Twenty-One: Falling Back
Chapter Twenty-Two: Thin Ice
Chapter Twenty-Three: Mind F*ck
Chapter Twenty-Four: Silly Jilly
Chapter Twenty-Five: Ticking Clocks
Chapter Twenty-Six: Natural Habitats
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Left Hanging
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Like Lilly
Chapter Thirty: Feel Better
Chapter Thirty-One: Fumbled Love
Chapter Thirty-Two: Knew You
Chapter Thirty-Three: Believe Me
Chapter Thirty-Four: New Attitude
Chapter Thirty-Five: Being Homeless
Chapter Thirty-Six: Seeing You
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Don't Stop
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Starry Eyed
Chapter Thirty-Nine: Done Fighting
Chapter Forty: Flaws & Scars
Epilogue: Family Dinners
Author Note: R.I.P Love Life

Chapter Twenty-Eight: Can't Refuse

154K 4.8K 526
By WeAreAHurricane

After Joshua and Gola had been whisked off into the chaos, I ended up having to drag my ass to accompany Johnny and Amanda. We eventually found seats. Even more surprising was the fact that there was an actual seat reserved for me.  Johnny continued to send me impressed looks from my left, while Amanda sat tight lipped on my right.

I wasn't going to lie, I was sort of excited. At the very least I was intrigued. I took the few short moments before the show started to think about the fact that I had been doing some pretty weird shit lately. Ever since that night when I had designed my New Year's Event dress, my sketching hadn't dwindled.

 It was a really uncomfortable feeling, whenever my mind started to run and my fingers started to twitch with the need to draw. It started with little things, like when Joshua and I were at the airport.  I had actually noticed what people had been wearing. Sometimes I would see a shirt that wasn't exactly right, and make little changes in my head.

 A whole new picture would pop up and I even wanted to put it on paper. It explained the gnawing curiosity I had before the show. For the first time I actually wanted to see what the models were wearing.

That, and seeing Joshua, made for a very jittery Jilly. Even his retarded nickname has stuck on me, I thought drily, seconds before the lights dimmed.

The first models semi impressed me. They were all wearing some really amazing clothes, but there was something about their expressions. I wasn't aware that 'Stony Faced and Bitchy' was the protocol.

Most of the girls looked completely uninterested in what they were doing, and the guys walked as if they had things better to do. Their image irked me, but that didn't take away from the clothes.

 I couldn't believe that my heart could actually speed up just because a blouse fit just right. That's when it finally hit me that I wasn't the same cynical Lilly from before, but I wasn't some shallow fashion obsessed bimbo either.

 I found the entire show interesting, most importantly when I finally saw Joshua. The minute he walked on to the runway, he immediately answered my question. Instead of looking nonchalant about the entire thing, he walked with a purpose.

 He sold the clothes. My hands got clammy and my heart sped up when I watched him practically glide on the runway. That's when I felt lucky. Lucky because I knew that under the image he was selling was a genuine person.

 All of the other people didn't know about his home life and his family, they only knew the object he was selling. I don't know how he did it, but I knew that he saw me for a split second. He never broke his facade, until the very last moment, when the hint of a smile graced his lips. Had anyone else noticed that?

My stomach churned when I saw Robert gliding through the runway right after Joshua. He wasn't that bad, but he was practically on my shit list so I wasn't very congratulating. I thought the show was over, except the lights dimmed a bit more and a glow was added to the entire stage. I glanced at Johnny and saw him looking intently up at the runway. Was I the only one taken by surprise?

 It didn't take long before a shadowed figure appeared. I realized that it was Gola when the lights finally came back on. She was wearing a long ruby red gown with black pumps; the dress flowed and danced around her.

Even I had to admit that she looked stunning. It really was the perfect finishing touch on the show. I clapped along with everyone else when it was wrapped up and we went backstage to get Joshua and Gola right after.

The ride to the hotel didn't take very long, checking in turned out to take even less. Once everyone had their room cards, we all dispersed into various parts of the hotel.  I heard Gola pulling at Joshua's arm, telling him about their plans together.

I instantly got pissed off, but decided that I wasn't going to do anything about it. If he wanted to run around with the bitch, then I wasn't going to stop him. Even if it was part of my job, the childish part of me didn't want to do a single thing.

"Come on, Babe. We can go out, get some drinks..." Gola fluttered her long lashes up at Joshua while he smiled and looked around.

I snapped in the opposite direction, not wanting to make any eye contact with him to influence anything. I ended up huffing like an old woman and pushing myself in the opposite direction. I wasn't really sure if I resembled a cranky old woman or a bratty little kid, all I knew was that I was getting annoyed and telling myself that I couldn't care.

I tried to stop my feet from stomping, but even they wouldn't listen. I was acting like a twelve year old whose best friend had been stolen away. It was not a good look for me.

Sighing one last time, I finally climbed onto the elevator and clicked on my assigned floor. My heart sped up to chaotic proportions when a hand grabbed on to one of the elevator doors and pushed it in the opposite direction.

"Oh, it's you." The depressed words escaped my lips the moment I realized who had opened the doors.

"Hey there, Beautiful." Robert's twang filled up the damn elevator. Between his giant frame and obnoxious voice there was no more fucking space.

I scrunched my nose up in disgust, while I sent my body to the nearest corner of the small compartment. I was practically one with the glass.

I thought that was the end of it, but when was it ever over with this cowboy?

"I'm guessing you were expecting someone else?" He looked in my direction, lifting one perfect brow.

"I was not!" I tried to defend. I wasn't going to let him know how pissed off I was.

The fucker chuckled knowingly and shook his head disapprovingly.

"You'll never get his attention if you sulk around." He continued. When would he get the hint that I was not in the mood to talk? I was seriously considering punching him in the face, but it would have taken me a freaking year to reach it.

"I have no clue as to what you're referring to, so if you could just drop the conversation, I would appreciate it." I practically spat at him. What I had really wanted to tell him was to shut the fuck up, but somehow I contained myself.

"Has anyone told you that you have the cutest New York accent when you speak?" He observed obviously trying to flirt again.

"No shit, that's where I'm from." I told him, tight lipped. I didn't even know why I was still responding.

"Damn, someone's cranky. Could it be because she's rebuffing my love advice?" Robert said, once again annoying the shit out of me.

"Oh, so you're the fucking love guru now?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Exactly. Look Darlin', it's simple, you want to get his attention, but you don't want to seem needy or clingy. Am I right?" He asked, finally turning his entire body to face me.

I realized that we had three more floors to go. I couldn't deny that he was right. The jerk had actually piqued my interest.

Realizing that he might be on to something, I finally responded, " What do you suppose I do then? Just pretending that you're right."

I tried to sound nonchalant as I spoke. The whole admission thing was embarrassing the life out of me.

I huffed when he chuckled at my admission.

"Simple. I can't tell you the plan, because it would ruin it all, but I can guarantee that you'll get Lachowski's attention if you follow my rules." His Texan accent made the whole proposition more dangerous, which was what it was.

Could I trust the lunatic in front of me for the sake of getting Joshua's attention? I didn't have anything to lose, aside from my dignity, although that had been lost long ago when I started to feel jealous for Joshua.

"Why would you help me? You barely know me and the two times we've spoken I haven't exactly been a darlin' " I wondered cautiously.

"I have my eyes on another prize, and I think you and I could make a great team to get what we want." He smiled before winking in my direction.

It took me a while before I realized what he was getting at. Robert wanted Gola!

I realized it the moment that the elevator doors slid open. Robert reached towards the buttons and pushed the one belonging to the first floor. I understood it as his proposition. Did I stay on the elevator or get off and just go to sleep?

"What do you say?" He asked me, eyes trained on mine. It all felt way to soap opera to me, but I ended up huffing and leaning on one of the walls as the doors slid closed once again. Thankfully, Robert shut his trap during the downfall.

He grabbed my hand the moment that the doors opened again and pulled me along. His hand was huge and covered mine completely. I looked up to see Gola hanging from Joshua's arm as they were walking out of the doors. The bitch had convinced him! My stomach twisted and I was filled by conviction at the sight of them. At one point, I was the one dragging Robert by the hand.

"Guys!" Robert called out towards Joshua and Gola. The two turned around at the sight of his voice. I got a little satisfaction when Joshua's eyes immediately went towards our intertwined hands. Good, he could see that he wasn't the only one that could be ditched!

The walk towards them was glorious, but the moment we reached them was marked by full confusion on my part. What now?

Gola's eyes were narrowed on me as I approached. Too bad that I had no clue as to what I was doing.

"Yes?" Gola asked in a fake high pitched voice, Sending eye daggers my way for ruining her perfect plans.

"We were wondering if we could join you guys? Couldn't resist asking this Beauty out for a drink!" Robert spoke cheerfully, gesturing towards me. Yup, I was officially the prized cattle in his book. I was completely taken aback when I realized what he had implied. Robert was trying to make Gola jealous! Except, wasn't I trying to do the same thing?

 Again, Robert's Texan accent annoyed me. Gosh, I really couldn't stand the guy. He was helping me and I guess we would have been considered a team at that point, so I simply nodded when Joshua looked at me in wonder.

"Damn right!" I spoke up awkwardly. I ended up sounding Texan, because I just couldn't resist. I internally flinched when my hand folded and I jabbed a fist through the air as if I was a freaking Olympic winner. I was definitely playing it cool at that point.

"Sure..." Joshua finally spoke, narrowing his eyes at Robert. I tried to stop myself from smiling when Joshua's jaw clenched. Gola noticed it too and sent me a furious look. I saw a flash go off to my right and noticed that there was a string of paparazzi outside of the hotel doors, just waiting for Joshua and Gola.

I didn't want my fake date with Robert to actually be recorded, but before I knew it he had gotten hold of my hand and pushed us through. Joshua and Gola followed behind, as we all made out way towards the waiting car.

The flash made me squint, before I was huddled into the car and the doors closed. Holy shit, I was actually going on a freaking date with Joshua, but not really.

Was I making a mistake?

Here's the next chapter for you guys! So sorry that it took so long! Several things happened that kept me from writing the next chapter. Someone in my family passed away, I started school, and I had a mild case of writer's block. The block was due to the fact that there are about 4 or 5 more chapters before the end of Sugar Babe. I know exactly how it will end just not how to get there! D: Fear not, now I do! :D There will be a second book after Sugar Babe, and it will be titled "Liquor Lips"! I already have the cover and everything :')  Thank you guys for all of your support. I love to read your comments and get all giddy from the votes. Thanks so much! :)

ALSO SIDE NOTE: have you guys seen Ryan Lochte? That boy is fine! Lol he's freaking old, but still XD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.5K 819 28
~ π—–π—’π— π—£π—Ÿπ—˜π—§π—˜π—— 𝗦𝗧𝗒π—₯𝗬 ~ #1 π’Šπ’ π‘΄π’π’π’†π’š π‘―π’†π’Šπ’”π’• π’•π’‚π’ˆ 𝒐𝒏 24/12/2019 #1 𝒐𝒏 𝑨𝒍𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒐 𝑴𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒆 π’•π’‚π’ˆ 𝒐𝒏 28/05/2020 #2 π’ŠοΏ½...
2.3K 232 47
Brooklyn Baker wants to see the world and get away from the sunflower farm in Kansas where she was born and raised. With her girl-next-door good look...
39.1K 922 37
I lower my voice. "And you never contacted me again. You say you've been through tough times, then what about me? You think my life was pink and pret...
173 20 13
Kang Shin-Su is a normal girl with a passion for ramen wich she have those 3 times a week and always go to the same convenience store to get the exac...