Cross My Heart

Par Joan0324

Edward has not had an easy life and it's not about to get any easier. After being involved in a gang shooting... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 12

613 37 8
Par Joan0324

Edward's P.O.V

... The suspect has been described as a twenty six year old, white male, that had recently moved to the town of Forks. He goes under the name of Silas Stevens and is believed to be a high danger to society. On the evening of Monday September 10th, police heard reports the suspect who shot a man on the parking lot of Waters Motel. The victim was talking to the suspect's girlfriend before the incident and is believe that is what sparked the chain of events.

Stevens was then confronted by a bystander who turned out to be Isabella Swan's cousin. Stevens took Swan hostage. Their argument escalated with Stevens keeping everyone at gun point until he got into a 1969' Impala with Swan and drove off before police force could arrive. If you have...

I shut off the radio aggressively. This is not the way things should have turned out. I should have left when Luke told me to and this would have never happened. But what assures me that would have stopped Felix from coming back to town and attacking Bella? I know that sadistic fuck, he would have done it regardless if I was still in town or not. Now the worst case scenario has happened, Bella is in this mix and I have no idea how I'm getting her out. She's currently kidnapped by me as the news station is saying. Jacob isn't stupid. If I let her go, drop her off at some gas station and they take her back to Forks, she will surely be dead by dawn.

What have I done?

The moment I woke up and saw she was gone was all red flags and sirens started going off in my head.  I didn't think twice about getting my gun, which I knew she must have seen and then run off afterward. It hadn't changed anything, I was leaving tonight whether she hated me or not, whether she wanted me gone or she wanted me to stay but the sight of her on the ground with Felix on top of her set my body in motion. I had no idea what I was doing, I just acted. The fear I felt within me is indescribable, I needed to save her, I needed to kill him... and I did... Jesus Christ, I fucking killed someone. The thought hadn't downed at me till now... I killed a man that I knew... I shot him right in the head when I wasn't even three feet away from them...

I swerve the car off the side of the road and slam on the breaks, throwing Bella against the dashboard and waking her up in the process with a "What the-"

I get out of the car quickly and run to the edge of the forest where I throw up the little food I had before it all happened. I wipe my mouth with the end of my shirt and groan, spitting out the acid taste from my mouth.

"Silas?"

I cough, my mouth filling with more acid fluid that makes me gag again. I spit out and lean against one of the trees. "I'm... I'm okay..."

"Where are we?"

I finally turn to Bella, who is standing beside the car on the lonely road. It's dark and the only light comes from Bubba and a street lamp twenty feet from us. To be truly honest, I have no idea where we are. It's been a while since I've seen a car pass us by and a even dumber move was to take exit after exit without really knowing where it was leading us.

"I don't know."

Bella sighs, wrapping her arms around herself. I can see the blood droplets on her face even in the darkness of the street. That adds another jab right on the fucking gut. I take a cloth out of her trunk and wet it with leftover water from a water bottle she had in her car and walk over to her. Like an instinct, she flinched away from me when I approached her with the wet rag.

"You... you have blood."

Bella touches her face with the tip of her fingers and takes in a deep breath. She takes the rag from my hand and aggressively scrubs the blood off her face, leaving a red rash on her skin.  She throws the rag on the floor when she's done and rips her flannel from her body that is also covered in blood and throws it along with the rag. Her chest rose and dropped and when she looked at me, she looked confused and terrified.

"What the hell happened? What was all that? What are we going to do?"

"Bella-"

"Don't Bella me!" She snapped. "Why would Jacob do this? He is not like that, the Jacob I know is not like that and you killed a man and-and do you guys know each other from before? I mean, who the fuck are you?"

"I can explain," I say calmly.

"Please do!"

"My real name is Edward-"

"W-w-what?" She stuttered, her eyes filling up with tears.

"My name is not Silas, it's Edwa-" her slap cuts me off, turning my face to the side and it echoes down the street. I'm not going to lie, I deserve that. I turn to face her again and start all over. "My name is not Silas, it's Edward Masen. I was born in Boston. My father was the leader of a gang called The Coven which eventually would pass down to me but I did not want it. Jacob is part of a gang called The Vulturi, my father's enemy-" and I continued tell her the truth that lead me to her, all while she broke down in front of me. I told her the truth about one of the people she loved the most and I. I left out specific parts, like Emma. I couldn't tell her about Emma.

It soon became too much for her because she started punching my chest, pushing me further away from her and shouting at me all possible names in the book.

"Is that why you came here, you fucking asshole?!" She cried out. "To get even with his family? Cause some pain for your own sadistic pleasure?!"

"No, Bella, never. They wanted me dead, they were going after my head so Luke sent me as far away as possible. His father knew Carlisle from before so he thought Forks would be the safest place for me until we knew what to do. We had no fucking idea that Jacob had more family aside from Billy and Sue. You were never part of any plan, Bella, at least not mine. The last thing I expected was to meet you and for you to turn out to be his family."

Bella shook her head angrily. "How the hell do you expect me to believe you now? You've been lying to me this entire time!"

"Jacob has been lying to you your whole life!"

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!" She yelled at the top of her lungs. She's breathing heavily and her face is stained with tears. I watch her walk away from me to the other side of her car and then she turns to me, swallowing her tears and her heavy breaths. "You're... you're going to let me go."

"No, I can't do that." My heart rate began picking up at the thought of letting her go.

"You were going to do it anyways!"

"Before!" I snapped. "I was going to do it when I left you home, where I thought you'd be safe but it's not safe for you anymore!"

"I don't care," she hissed.

I chased after her, around the front of the car and slammed the driver's door a second before she could get in.

"LET ME GO!" She screamed at my face, pushing me away from her but this time I fought back.

I grab her by her shoulders and press her against the car, not strong enough to hurt her but enough to restrain her. "You heard him, Bella," I remind her. "You heard what he fucking said to you. You go back there and you're dead, he is going to kill you."

"I'm his family!"

"That doesn't fucking matter to a person like Jacob, Bella. How the hell do you think Billy ended up in a wheel chair?" She looks at me in complete shock. I let her go and step back. "That car accident... that was no accident. Bella, there is a side of Jacob you never want to know. He has done inhumane things to people, to families of men who had betrayed his gang in the name of the leader, Aro. That tattoo he has on his shoulder is not some random pick, it's the crest of The Vulturi. You cannot go back."

Bella doesn't say anything in response. She stands there looking at me in complete disbelief. 

"Let me go, Silas," she said with a tight voice.

"Where are you going to go?"

"I don't know!" She snapped.

"Then I'm not letting you go!" I snapped back.

She pulls the gun out quickly and points it at me with shaking hands. Her action leaves me dumbfounded and confused. When did she get the gun? I look over her shoulder and see that it's gone from where I had left it and something inside me tells me she got it before she got out of the car. She had all intention of pulling the gun out on me if she had to... has it really come to this?

"You're letting me go," she said with a shaky voice. "Let... let me go, Silas."

"What are you doing, Bella?"

"I'm leaving you."

"Fine," I said dryly. "Have it your way but let me give you a piece of advice for the next time you choose to pull a gun out on someone: keep yours arms locked-" I knock the gun out of her hand, pulling her toward me, her back to my chest with my arm around her neck and the gun to her head "-and make sure the safety is off."

Click...

"Now you're dead."

Bella fights against me but she's not strong enough to fight me off.

"What are you going to do? Kill me? Do it, you'll do us a favor. That way I don't have to look at your pathetic face for the time it'll take you to get us both killed."

Her words hurt. I could only imagine what could my betrayal must have felt for her. I deserved it but I wasn't going to kill her. I'm no murderer, I believe earlier proved it yet again. I let go of her and pull the gun away from her. She pushes herself away from me and falls against the car.

"What are you going to do then?" She looks at me with teary eyes. "If not kill me, then what?"

I put the safety back on the gun and hide it in the back of my waist between my jeans and shirt.

"I'm taking you to safety. I'll make sure you're safe again, Bella and when that happens, you won't have to look at my pathetic face ever again. I promise." I open the door to the drivers side and look at her. "Get in the car."

* * *

The girl behind the register looks up and lightly rolls her eyes, kicking her legs off the counter and sitting up the moment I approach her.

"How can I help you?" She asks with an annoyed tone.

"One room, two beds for one night."

"Name?"

I take out the spare fake ID I have. "Donovan Williams."

"For one night?"

"Yes."

"Fine. Total comes out to seventy dollars for a two bed room for one night. Will it be cash or credit card?"

"Cash."

I open the yellow envelope I had full of money and hand her seventy dollars.

"Check out is at noon, any later will be additional cost." The girl hands me the key and leans back against her chair. "Enjoy your stay."

I save my thank you and walk back outside to the empty parking lot. Bella is still sitting inside the car where I left her, looking out at the woods beside her. I open her door, startling her in the process.

"We have a room for tonight," I tell her.

"How nice of you," she replies without looking at me.

Bella is soon passed out on her bed not ten minutes after we enter the room. I watch her from mine, her back to me, laying on the very edge and I'm afraid she might roll over and fall. There isn't much I can do now. Not until I speak to Luke...

And speaking of the devil.

I walk out of the room and answer his call.

"What happened?" I'm surprised it's not his usual pissed voice, yelling at me, telling me I'm a fucking idiot and that I should have listened to him from the start. He's calm and that's even worse.

"Felix."

"Was he threatening you?"

"No."

"Emma?"

"No."

"Ma?"

"No."

"Then why the fuck did you do this, Edward? I said it clearly, only use it unless your life is in danger. Unless you're 100 percent sure you're life is on the line."

My body automatically turned back to the open door that gave me a view to the room where Bella slept. I could feel the last remaining pieces of my heart breaking when I said, "it was."

Seeing Felix on top of her, trying to kill her, made me realize just how fucked I am with this girl. Letting her go is the only option but only when she is safe and when that happens, I highly doubt my heart will ever flutter again.

"What do I do?" I ask.

He sighs. "The only thing you can do. You're all over the news, Edward. Even here in Denver and you're not going to come out of it easily. I'm taking Ma and Emma to Montana as we had discussed. You'll come here and I'll give you everything you need to take the first ride to Canada."

"What about Bella?"

"Bella... Bella will stay with us until I can work out some sort of deal where I take her back to her family and she is safe and sound."

"You can't take her back to Jacob, he'll kill her."

"I'm not giving her back to Jacob, idiot. I'll make sure her father has it and I'll have Carlisle keep an eye on her until things clear off. Once they do, me and the girls will meet you in Canada. That'll be it."

I sigh, feeling a pulsing in the back of my head. Migraines are the last thing I need at this moment.

"It's the only way out we have, Edward. The only way we can insure you are safe, that Emma and Ma is safe and that Bella isn't turned into another victim of her cousin," Luke says, trying to reassure me that what we are about to do is for the best.

"She hates me," I tell him. "She wants nothing to do with me once this is over."

Like chuckles sadly. "Sadly, that's what happens when you break the trust of the woman you love."

Author's Note:

Very short chapter compared to the rest but I wanted to give you guys something! Sorry I've been all M.I.A, I've been moving houses and phone broke and all kinds of crap that can happen within a month! But more chapters are coming soon!

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

100K 2.4K 30
Edward Cullen is the heir-apparent to the most infamous crime families in Chicago. He was notorious for his time with his enemies, his many dates and...
205K 5.6K 25
Trust always end in pain. At least that's what Isabella swan, A vampire for over 150 years believes. Bella went through a lot in that time and is kin...
45K 2.1K 91
Edward Cullen has never wanted to sleep more than he did at this moment, as he started junior year for the umpteenth time. He never would have imagin...
115K 3.6K 31
Althea Ravenwood Swan was Bella Swan's sister. After Charlie got Renee pregnant, they'd begun to have issues, fighting everyday. Until finally Renee...