| I.O.I's ChatRoom |

By KanoAshura

It's been about a year since I.O.I disbanded in 2017, but their friendships still last. What do they talk abo... More

Author's Note: Please Read
01; Been a While
02; Sohye
03; Together
04; Chaeyeon
05; Arguements
06; Apologies and Plans
07; 2 Days from Then
08; Sleepover
09; Truth or Dare
10; Gifts
11; Mafia
12; ???
13; Late-Night
14; Memories
15; Farewell (for now)
16; Karaoke
01 (2); Thoughts
02 (2); Worries
03 (2); Recollection
04 (2); Recollection Pt. 2
05 (2); Recollection Pt. 3
Please Read (2)
06 (2); Letter
07 (2); A Chatroom, Finally
08 (2); Realization
09 (2); Why
‼️read‼️

17; Karaoke Pt. 2

288 8 1
By KanoAshura

MINA'S P.O.V.

"Woo! Food!" I say, excited.

"Should we eat first and then sing?" Yoojung asks, eyeing table.

"Sure Yoojung-ah." Sejeong unnie says, ruffling Yoojung's hair while laughing.

"Yahh, Mina-yah, slow down," Doyeon warns, taking a slice of pizza.

"Can't help it!" I say happily.

On the other side of the room, Chaeyeon unnie's trying to feed Sohye a piece of chicken.

"Sohye unnie! Eat!" I call, leaning back on the couch.

"I'm not that hungry thoughhh," she replies.

"Eat and get fatter! You're too skinny, unnie!" Somi joins in, shoving a slice of pizza into her mouth.

"Mmph-! Mmmf! -_-"

We all crack up as Sohye tries her best to digest the food forcefully shoved into her mouth.

"Happy birthday," Yoojung chuckles.

"Thaaaaanks." Sohye replies sarcastically, wiping her mouth with a napkin.

We all eventually finish eating while talking about random life problems, and then the real deal begins.

"Let's see who can get the highest score." Somi says competitively.

"Then, let's make groups of two and three and play like that." Sejeong unnie explains.

"Then Doyeon, Somi, and me!" Yoojung yells.

"Alright, then let's go with me and Sohye?" Sejeong unnie asks.

"Cool- Chaeyeon unnie, you're with meee!" I say happily.

"Chill Mina-yah." Chaeyeon unnie laughs. "Don't get over-excited,"

We all arrange the seating plan so we're sitting close to our respective groups to choose what song to sing.

"What should we do?" I ask Chaeyeon unnie.

"Hmmm... Do you want to do a ballad, or something more hip?"

"Let's do a ballad, and then go first. Somi's team is probably going to do something reeeaaaally lively. Probably 'Tears' by So Chan Hwi."

"Mkay, then. Big Bang sunbaenim has good slow songs, like 'Blue'?"

"Ooh! Or 'FXXK IT'?"

"Ohhhh! That's a good one!" I reply enthusiastically.

"You want to do that then?"

"Let's do it!"

We both sit back and watch the others talk. It doesn't seem like they're anywhere near finishing, so I turn to Chaeyeon unnie and ask,
"Do you think something's up with Sejeong unnie?"

She turns to me, a curious look on her face.
"Not that I've noticed- why?"

"I dunno, she just seems way too happy. Like, excessively to the point where she's hiding something?"

Chaeyeon unnie turns to look at Sejeong unnie and Sohye, who are both laughing comfortably with each other.
"She seems fine right now, I think,"

I sigh.
"Well, I guess. Haha."

Unnie ruffles my hair, hugging me.
"Don't stress yourself. Okay?"

"I won't- don't worry, unnie!" I say, smiling up at Chaeyeon unnie as I hug her back.

Just then, Yoojung turns to us and says,
"We're done!"

"Alright. Sejeong unnie, you almost done?" I ask, sipping some water.

She whispers something into Sohye's ear before replying,
"Yep, we're ready!"

"Okay. Who's going first?"

"We'll go," I say, standing up with Chaeyeon unnie.

"What song?" Doyeon asks, walking over to the karaoke machine.

"Big Bang sunbaenim's 'FXXK IT'."

"Ooooooh," Somi and Yoojung calls out.

~time skip~

"Whooooooo!" All the other members cheer as we finish our song.

"What's the score, what's the score!" Somi yells.

We all turn to the screen, awaiting our score.

"Ohhhhhh!"

"87! That's good!"

"Nice!" I jump out of excitement, high-fiving Chaeyeon unnie.

"Alright, next!" Yoojung says. "We're going last, called it!"

"Damn it," Sejeong unnie responds, playfully punching Yoojung's shoulder.

"What song did you guys pick?"

"Western Sky!" Sohye replies, picking up the mic.

"Isn't that really high, though?" Somi asks.

"Yeah, Sejeong unnie and Yeonjung sang that at our last Timeslip (name of I.O.I's last concert), didn't they?"

"Well, I'll give it a shot!" Sohye says, fighting spirit overflowing.

"Alright then. Music, CUE!"

~time slip~

"Oohhhhh! Sohye-ah, your range is pretty high?" Doyeon says in awe, clapping.

"Haha... I've been practicing, y'know?" She says, tying her hair up.

"OHHHH!!"

"93!!!!"

"WOAAAAH!"

We all turn to stare at the duo, who are casually sitting down as if they knew they'd do well.

"Woah... 93, that's crazy..." Chaeyeon unnie mumbles.

"Well, we'll beat that score- eaaasily." Somi says, shoving her face into Sejeong unnie's.

"Ayee, get lost." Sejeong unnie responds, pushing Somi back to her seat while laughing.

"What song?" I ask, getting up to go punch it into the machine. "I swear to god, if you say 'Tears'..."

"Tears!"

"Ohhhhhhhhmygod." I slap my forehead.

"Don't mess it up!" Sohye yells out bravely.

~time skip~

( If you want an idea of how they sang 'Tears' by So Chan Hwi, here's a link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TJAWv6F2GMc )

"Oooohhhhhhhh!!!"

"I bet we'll get a higher score than you, Sejeong unnie!" Yoojung says daringly.

"Let's wait and see," she fires back playfully.

We all wait anxiously for Doyeon's team score to come out.

"..."

"HAHAHHAHAHAAAA!" Sejeong unnie laughs, pointing at them.

"What's so funny?" I ask, turning back to the screen.

"WHAT IS THAT?? A 77??"

"HA, WHERE YOU SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT WINNING?" Sohye yells at Somi gleefully.

"Yahh, Somi-ah, do you want to be a singer?" Chaeyeon unnie asks nonchalantly, remembering that infamous line that Bae Yoonjung ssaem asked Sohye during Produce 101.

"Well whatever, karaoke machines can't measure talent." Doyeon shoots back.

"Ooh, salty much?" I say, laughing.

We exit the karaoke place, laughing at the fact that Somi's team got the lowest mark. LOL.

But eventually, the time comes to say goodbye.

"Ahhh, I don't wanna go..." Yoojung says, rubbing her eyes.

"It's okay, we can always text and call each other, right?" Sejeong unnie says, comforting her.

"Unnie, our manager's here," I mumble to Sejeong unnie.

"Oh, okay." She turns to Sohye. "We have to go now, Sohye-ah."

"Ah, okay. Thanks for coming!" She says, forcing a smile. Mina and I take turns hugging her.

"If you're having a hard time with anything, you can always talk to me or someone else, alright?" Sejeong unnie murmurs under her breath before waving a final goodbye and heading out with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: All/most of the members of I.O.I will get their own "character-development segment" in this story, so if your bias hasn't been included as much in the recent chapters, they'll all eventually come out in the upcoming ones. :)

A/N #2: I'm writing this story so that there will be multiple parts. This was Part. 1, which was mainly focused on Kim Sohye. Each upcoming part will include smaller chapters in it, much like the previous chapters, and one member will be the main focus of a part. The next chapter will be the start of a new "part", so the title would say something like
"01 (2); <title>".

A/N #3: I've put a small clue as to who's character dev. segment will be next. I'm aware that I haven't finished Sohye's segment, so hers will collide with the next person. Keep a look out for the next part~! ^^

~End of Part. 1~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 173 19
Mina and Chaeyoung were always too busy to worry about soulmates. Mina was knee-deep into her medical science degree program at Korea University and...
945 50 9
In Korea lives a family of 4 people and there are 9 girls/ your best friends since elementary school ( the 9 girls are twice members) that are friend...
Awake By rach

Fanfiction

107K 6K 47
Twice disbanded one year ago and Chaeyoung died right after. The rest of them live their lives as normal citizens but they didn't keep in contact aft...
62.7K 1.9K 28
So for this story, Chaeyoung is a guy, again. And he's a nobody in JYP High. He's newly transferred to JYP High for some personal reasons. Some char...