Always and Forever

By SheIsNotSane

"He set fire to the world around him but never let a flame touch her." * "So, did you miss me?" I joked, lig... More

Strange and Mysterious
Mr or Miss?
Making It Back From Hell
His Darker Side
Code Red
His Softer Side
Whispered Converstations
He's Armed and Dangerous
What He Has To Say
Under The Rain
Welcome Home
A Serial Killer
Stake Out
Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 1
Weddings, Dances and Hunter: Part 2
Violent Acts
When Things Lead To Another
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Side Effects
Moving On: Part 1
Moving On: Part 2
Paranoia
Red Eyes, Contagious Smiles and Blue Skies
The British Guy
Shut Up and Listen
Stay Safe
No Way Out
The Voice Inside My Head
Ana, Tas or Anastasia?
Just Try and Try Again
Confessions
Struck By Lightening
His Not So Humble Abode
Ward E
Taking You Home
A Little Crazy
Warrior Anastasia
Game Over
Ticking Time Bomb
Always and Forever
Always and Forever - Hunters POV
A/N Greif
A/N Announcement
Character Interviews

Warning?

667 36 8
By SheIsNotSane

Chapter 7: Warning?

I cannot contain my excitement, today is the day Nathan comes back!

Nathan, my best friend.

Now I know that a girl and guy friendship is always presumed to end up in a relationship. I do admit I used to like Nathan. But not anymore, those feelings died a while back but I now realise that they weren't really feelings, I just admired his personality and mistook my love for him as a friend for something more than that. But now we are just the best of buddies! I love him. He's everything I could want in a best friend. He had to go to visit his grandparents for a few months, so he wasn't in school and I've missed him.

He's driving me to school today like he used to and he insists on taking me back home as well but it's not like I'm complaining. As long as it's just for today because I really want to ride my baby.

Why isn't he here yet? What if he doesn't come at all?

Before I could go crazy with worry a car honked outside. That must be him! Excitement ran through my veins as I peeked out the window trying to spot his red car and there it was.

There he was.

I ran out the house and towards him, as he got out of his car ready to embrace me in a hug.

Nathan still looks so good. I wonder how the girls at school will react now that he's back. They all swoon over him.

He was wearing black faded jeans with a simple V-neck top, which showed, off his muscles. His dark brown hair shone in the sunlight and created a twinkle in his light brown eyes. He hasn't changed. Not one bit.

I jumped into his arms anticipating the feeling of being close to him again.

"Hey you."

I didn't bother replying, I just hugged tighter in response. He was so soft and cuddly despite all his muscles that was what I loved about him.

He laughed and hugged me tighter in return.

Once our little reunion was over we decided it was time to get in the car and actually make our way to school.

"So, what's changed?" He asked with a smile

"You will see, won't you?" I retorted

He smirked, "I guess I will?"

****

Turns out Nathan schedule was very similar to mine, minus a few lessons. Overall, I was glad. I could help him catch up on a few things and annoy him in lessons.

The first lesson we had together was History and we were making our way there when I realised that I have to choose to sit beside Hunter or Nathan. For the past week I've been sitting with Hunter for everything just because it sort of felt right.

If I sit next to Hunter I might risk Nathan getting bombarded with all those plastic Barbie's. However, if I sit next to Nathan, Hunter might... Well I don't think Hunter would do anything but something inside me didn't want me to not sit next to him.

We entered the classroom and the class was already packed. Already all the girls had gathered around Nathan asking him so many annoying questions. I guess that was inevitable. They were asking stupid questions like

"Did you remember me while you were gone?" Why the heck would Nathan remember this chick? He doesn't even know who she is.

I noticed Hunter sleeping. I've come to know that he doesn't really sleep; he just puts his head down and rests, every lesson.

Maybe, I can get away with not sitting next to him but why do I feel so guilty? I have been sitting with him in all our lessons nowadays but it's not like Hunter will mind, right? He hasn't got a care in the world, does he? He would probably be relieved as he wouldn't be annoyed so much by me.

Nathan took my hand in his and took me to the table behind Hunters'. Brilliant choice Nathan. Now let's just hope Hunter doesn't turn around.

For some reason I felt uncomfortable with Nathans' hand in mine.

Why? I mean I've held his hand before but then why is it that I'm trying to discreetly hide it so Hunter doesn't see?

Hope, something that never sides with me because of course Hunter woke up and turned around. We locked. His gaze slid next to me towards Nathan and what happened next surprised me.

"Nathan"

Nathan looked up and seemed surprised.

"Hunter, dude. When did you get back?" Nathan gave a small smirk.

I sat there questioning what on earth was happening right now.

"When you left." Hunter threw back

Nathan scoffed, "Great timing."

This time Hunter glanced back at me and nodded whilst saying "Anastasia"

Okay, so I sort of kind of loved... the way he says my name.

I smiled, "hi."

Hunter gave this look of triumph and turned around, leaving me with a confused Nathan.

Nathan gave me a look of pure confusion and mouthed the words 'how do you know him?'

"Long story short, we're kind of friends."

He looked even more confused now and said, "Hunter doesn't do 'friends'."

I shrugged and hoped he would let it go.

Let it go, let it go. Can't hold it back anymore.

Urgh, that annoying song is everywhere!

I spent the lesson explaining to Nathan what we have been learning and giving him some of my notes, which I didn't really need.

Hunter glanced at me those odd few times when he caught me staring at him.

The lesson went surprisingly fast and by lunch Nathan and I had pretty much gotten used to each other all over again.

I got my food, which wasn't a lot because for some deranged reason I wasn't that hungry. I know it's crazy right? It's obviously due to the fact that I'm too happy that Nathan is back!

Nathan had to take some tests in a classroom so that he could be graded upon where he is at the moment so he was going to join me for lunch later on.

I made my way over to the same table Hunter and I usually sit on.

I noticed Hunter wasn't here yet so I just started eating slowly until he showed up. Which wasn't for long because he came two minutes later and sat down in front of me like always.

"Hey." I said in hopes of starting a conversation.

Hunter nodded and started eating his food. We sat in silence as per usual until I, as per usual, said something.

"How do you know Nathan?" I spoke.

He stopped eating and looked up at me.

"I don't." He muttered

"What? Bu-"

I was about to question him again but then I thought I was better off asking Nathan instead.

"How do you know Nathan?" He quietly asked.

"Best friends since pre-school." I stated proudly as if it was an award.

He raised his eyebrows in acknowledgement. He looked a bit miffed for some reason.

"We are just friends,"

I don't know why but I felt like I needed him to know.

"Nothing more."

Hunter put his food down, folded his arms and his eyes hardened.

"Why are you telling me this?" He said in a hard firm voice.

"I just didn't want there to be any confusion, just you know clarifying things" I said waving my hands around.

Hunter let out a deep sigh and leaned back in his seat and continued eating. After a few minutes of silence my mouth decided to act up again.

"By the way, you know the guy that was with me at the mall?"

He started coughing and when he stopped he looked up at me expectedly.

"Yeah, he's my b-"

"Yeah ok, whatever." He cut me off before I could say complete my sentence. I've noticed he has a really bad habbit of doing that.

What is wrong with him? I know he thinks Dylan is my boyfriend (Yuck), which for some reason makes him act weird.

And no I'm not the clueless girl who can't take a hint. Hunter really does show no sign of his emotions or feelings. Probably doesn't have any but never the less I needed him to know his facts.

"Let me finish. Dylan is my b-"

He started coughing again and I offered him some of my water, which he surprisingly took and drank.

I let out a fustrated sigh.

Fine if he won't let me clarify who Dylan is then I won't bother telling him.

After a while Nathan came and sat down next to me.

"What's up Tas?" Nathan was glaring at Hunter and holding my hand from under the table as he spoke.

I was about to reply, when Hunter suddenly stood up and grabbed his bag.

"I'm out."

Nathan didn't say anything. In fact, he seemed happy with the way Hunter responded.

I don't know what urged me but I stood up and began to walk after him until Nathan grabbed my arm pretty tight. I shook his hand off my arm but he didn't let go. I gave him a weird look.

"Sorry Nathan, I'll just be a minute." I said cautiously

He immediately let go and said "okay" before beginning to eat his food.

I followed Hunter into the hallway and shouted his name for him to stop.

He slowly turned around and stood there with his eyebrows raised whilst I made my way to him calmly.

"What?" He said, avoiding any eye contact.

"See you next lesson?" I asked with an uncertain smile.

A smile slightly played on his lips and he says the words "maybe."

No, it still wasn't a proper smile. It was a Hunter smile which for ordinary people would be no smile at all but when it came to him that showed a lot.

I was satisfied with his answer and began walking back to the cafeteria.

I couldn't help myself from approaching Hunter; I needed to know that he wasn't upset.

With me.

Thinking back on it now, I shouldn't have gone after him but if I didn't j wouldn't have got to see his version of a smile.

***

I decided to sit next to Hunter for all my other lessons, which he seemed to appreciate because he was a bit more responsive to me today. He actually spoke a bit during lesson and didn't just put his head down on the desk. But then again the most Hunter said today was,

"My head hurts because of you."

Yep, I feel so proud that I made him say that much. Even if what he said was slightly offensive.

***

I was waiting by Nathan's car when Hunter approached me.

"Hey." I said smiling as he stood next to me leaning against the car.

"Who are you waiting for?" He asked, his eyes refusing to meet mine.

"Nathan." I grimaced I couldn't help but feel guilty whilst saying those words.

He nodded and muttered something that sounded like, figures.

A few moments later, he turned his head and his eyes met mine. I felt like melting because they had softened up and it was like he was staring into me.

I noticed Hunters' head move slightly forward, I knew he wasn't going to do what an ordinary girl thought he would do so I waited as he leaned in and I felt his cheeks rest on mine as his lips came up to my ears as he whispered.

"Be careful would you."

And with that he left. How did he manage to scare me yet excite me at the exact same time.

But what did he mean? Maybe it was just friendly advice.

I felt really cold as soon as he left. Cold on the inside too.

How did Hunter make me feel this way?

He's been so caring and trusting towards me ever since the day I picked up my car.

I took his phone in Biology and saved my number into his contacts, naming me as Anastasia. For some reason I preferred it when he said my full name. What surprised me was that when I asked for his phone he just gave it to me no questions asked. Weren't guys really secretive and cautious with their phones? I even asked for his number and he allowed me to do so just in case I, in his words, "Ever get lost on the way to school."

Now who is dumb enough to get lost on the way to school?

***

Michael Trevino playing Nathan, pic on the side -------

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
382K 23.9K 21
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
1.6M 93.9K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...