She's His Everything (He's My...

By IDrawOnMyself

The weight on Tori's shoulders has been lifted! She is now free to focus on college life and her sexy bodygu... More

Description and Author's note! :D
(1) Green-Eyed Monster
(2) Sabotage
(3) Running Out
(4) Wrong
(5) Country Club Drama
(6) Party Crasher
(7) Dreamless
(8) Anticipation
(9) Self Defense
(10) The Talk
(11) New Introductions
(12) Christmas at the Linehans
(13) What the Future Holds
(14) Moving Day
(15) New Years Day
(16) Twisting the Knife
(17) She's Not Sweet
(18) Drunk in Love
(19) The Morning After
(20) Let's Talk
(21) Old Times Sake
(22) The Assignment
(23) Packed Bags
(24) Eavesdropping
(25) The Call for Help
(26) The Plan She Devised
(27) Liability
(28) Returning Misunderstanding
(30) Bullet Wounds
(31) Jump
(32) The Betrayed
(33) Phone Call
(34) Peaceful
(35) A Visitor
(36) Cliffside
(37) Coffee Shop Getaway

(29) Stab and Twist

1.1K 26 7
By IDrawOnMyself

I bounced my leg on the floor anxiously holding onto myself as my world fell apart once again. I tried not to let my anxiety get the better of me like it did on occasions such as this but I felt the darkness creeping in on my vision. Officer Barnes was pacing the room on his phone he hadn't spoken to me in about thirty minutes but it was probably for the best. A loud thump outside the door put us both on edge and a low guttural growl was coming from Kato's throat. I clutched his collar waiting for the worst. Officer Barnes pulled his gun from his side holding a finger to his mouth. Kato was in full attack mode and I kept my grip on him in case it was not someone meant to harm us. A powerful knock echoed off the walls and I whimpered audibly. Barnes carefully made his way to the peep hole and then opened the door with a sigh of relief. I too relaxed at the sight of Rayner and another officer I'd recognized from the country club. I assumed they were partners.

Kato wagged his tail his ears still flat on his head but he no longer looked as if he wanted to rip someone's throat out. Rayner's eyes landed on my shrunken form behind the large fur ball. He sighed obviously as relieved to see me as I was him. "Tori why don't you go to your room for a minute? I'll meet you in there in a second." Rayner suggested and I didn't argue for the first time in my life going to my room Kato following suit behind me. I chewed on my fingernails nervously trying to listen to their hushed conversations.

I jumped to my feet once Rayner entered the room waiting for him to tell me what was going on. He took me by surprise grabbing me and pulling me into him. His hand locked around the back of my neck curling in my hair. His lips grazed my neck and I inhaled the scent I'd longed for, for so long. "I'm going to keep you safe this time." He whispered pulling away pushing hair from my eyes with his hands on either side of my face. "I don't care what happened before this moment. I love you Tori." I felt the tears well in my eyes feeling guilty because I didn't deserve this man. His lips met mine and everything stopped. For a moment it was just him and me and everything was alright. Our lips moved together in perfect harmony and I felt the flames behind his lips. Too suddenly he pulled away to look at me again.

"As much as I'd love to continue this and take you right now we aren't safe here. We have to make a plan. Shits about to hit the fan, I am not even going to sugar coat it." His fingers grazed my jaw gently his thumb brushing along my chin. "Go wake Jackson." He jerked his head to the side and then he went back to his men in the living room. I felt jello legged and light headed but I obeyed running to Jackson's room to wake him.

"Hey Jacks—" His bed was empty. My heart dropped and I ran to check his bathroom. It was empty along with the rest of his room. I ran out onto the connecting balcony noticing the fire escape emergency gate was swinging in the wind. I realized he must've left through the escape, it was the why I was unsure of. Before I had time to think on it I heard a loud commotion going on outside the bedroom. I ran back inside hearing Kato growling so viciously I froze with fear. It was silent except for the sound of Kato's low bark. I peeked out of the bedroom catching the attention of all three officers who had their guns at the ready. Rayner strayed back a few steps motioning for me to stay put. I watched the front door and for a moment I thought we'd just made all those noises up.

We stood in silence for a few moments everyone relaxed a bit but that was when the front door was pushed in and six large burly men came barreling in heaving a large door breaching ram. The men were heavily armed and my stomach sank knowing we were out numbered. I prayed back up was on the way. I observed all the men and it was then I realized who was among them, Riley.

"Good evening gentlemen." It was Riley who spoke as he entered. He had a smug look upon his face not seeming afraid in the slightest. "My father has made his instructions perfectly clear." He walked forward and I heard the click of someone's safety flipping off. "Now, now, we both know who will win in this fight. I also know your back up is a little tied up with a ten car pile up. Just give us the girl and we will go peacefully. She may even get to live." He wagged his eyebrows. The officers were not letting up and I knew by their slight side eye to one another they had already formed a plan.. Riley took action seeing they weren't going to lower their weapons. He made a move toward my direction but Kato lunged for his neck latching on. I didn't have time to see what happened next because Rayner had grabbed me by the arm and pulled me into Jackson's bedroom and that's when the gun shots started.

Rayner didn't hesitate to take action running out to the balcony and down the fire escape practically pushing me ahead of him. I ran with everything I had descending the steps. I heard the men trailing behind us still shooting at us and it was then I realized this fight was not in our favor. The second we were off the fire escape Rayner grabbed my arm so hard I though my shoulder popped out of place. He yanked me forward and around the stone wall. The men were right behind us. We inched quickly along the wall through the stair hall and peered around the other side of the building. There was no one so he booked it toward the parking lot. It was then I noticed two things, he was perspiring profusely and he was limping.

I traced every inch of his dark pant leg to his mid thigh where the fabric was ripped and a shade darker than the rest of his jeans. I tried not to panic because I didn't have time to dwell. I just focused on keeping my pace up with his because despite his being injured he was still faster than me. We'd nearly reached his car when the gun shots started again. I couldn't stop the scream that escaped my lips seeing the sparks fly off his shiny black coupe. He pulled me down under his arm and we were shielded by his vehicle but not for long. Rayner shushed me squeezing my arm tightly peeking through his windows to see where the men were coming from.

He cursed under his labored breath, "You're hurt." I whispered afraid to talk any louder. He shook his head, "I'm fine it's just a flesh wound, do you see those trees over that way?" I knew exactly what he was talking about without looking because Kato had chased many a squirrel into those woods and getting him back was a pain in the as—

"Tori?" He shook me back to attention. I quickly nodded my head. "On my count I want you to run into those trees and find a good place to hide. I'll be right behind you." I felt my heart pounding against my rib cage but I wouldn't hesitate to listen to every direction Rayner gave. "Ready?" He was still peering through his practically blacked out windows. I nodded, "Go!" He demanded standing up with his gun shooting toward what I assumed was the men, I didn't trust myself to look back without falling so I just booked it.

I heard more shots but I was running deep in the small wooded area behind the apartments now and wasn't sure what had happened. I hid between some bushes trying to steady my breathing so I could hear if someone was coming. I crouched on my knees ready to jump up and sprint away if the need arose.

I waited for what seemed like an hour on the damp and dirty ground. I couldn't hear much of anything at all the only sounds seemed to be far away but I knew there were people out there. I kept my breathing as steady and quiet as possible waiting just as Rayner told me to. I decided I'd waited far too long and wondered if I'd hidden too well. I stood up slightly still mostly covered in the safety of the thorny bushes. I looked around backing myself against a tree. I couldn't see much of anything in the darkness and worry crept into my gut.

Just as I was about to lose my sanity a hand crept over my mouth and I shrieked trying to fight off the attacker. "Shh." I relaxed into Rayner's chest realizing it was him smelling the scent of the rain and his deodorant wrapped around my body. His hand didn't leave my mouth as he walked us around the tree only slowly lowering once he was sure there was no one in sight. He peeked around both sides of the large red tree still holding onto me for dear life. He was hurting me with his tight grip but I didn't want him to let go either. Rayner turned me around to face him. His face was covered in soot and his hair had leaves and twigs from what I could see in the dim moonlight. He was still drenched in sweat and blood caked his pale knuckles that clenched onto me.

"There are three left, two in the woods searching on our right and Riley is back in the parking lot." He whispered almost silently explaining the details. "We have to get to my car or a car in general." He told me, "One of them is hurt, one is very large, and Riley is heavily armed waiting for us to exit. Our best bet is to stay left and find another way to the lot. Are you alright?" I nodded my head vigorously I was perfectly fine other than being scared out of my mind. "Good." He pulled a pocket knife out of his back pocket opening it quickly. "Here, if you have to defend yourself." I froze at the sight of the blade remembering visions of that day. He demonstrated quickly what he wanted me to do with it. "As hard as you can, into the leg, and twist. Got it?" I swallowed the lump gathering in my throat pushing all of my emotions away. I didn't have time to get choked up in this life or death situation. I nodded my head grabbing the knife gripping it in my hand praying I didn't stab one of us by mistake.

He didn't say another word grabbing my hand in his leading me into the small wooded area. I could already see the street lights through the trees and not knowing where anyone was had me even more on edge. There were no sounds other than our own footsteps that crunched leaves with every step. I thought we should be more quiet but Rayner didn't seem concerned with it only with getting to a car. I followed suit hoping we didn't meet our end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 29.4K 38
Tori's parents are brutally murdered and police make it their duty to protect her. She is sent to Pittsburgh to live with her new hunk of a bodyguard...
65.5K 2.3K 18
Indiana is close to being sworn in as the Queen when suddenly someone tries to assassinate her. Her father asks one of his closes men to keep watch...
194K 4.7K 22
Tori is 17 and moves in with her mom's new husband and his 18 year old son. But after spending the summer with them, she notices that her new step-br...
33.7K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...