You call this fate?

Da aqsamustaf

'You call this fate' has won: 1st place in BLUE ROSE AWARDS 2017 (Action) 1st place in THE PURPLE APPLE AWAR... Altro

Author's note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Alexander
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue

Alexander

115 11 0
Da aqsamustaf

Alex listened to the silence.

With his legs crossed and his fingers stroking the armrests of his chair, he was sitting and watching the skyline outside his window. A heavy blanket of fog and cloud had descended over the buildings, as if the night was now making ready to fall asleep. He imagined the noise filling the streets and back alleys down below, the city people coming out to drink and mingle, or going home to seek a hot dinner and bed.

Once he had been a part of this very life, on the fringes of something much bigger than his office on the thirty-second floor. An unbidden smile pushed at his lips—a smile whose nature he couldn’t decide. Was it wishful? Did he want those carefree times back, when the only person he answered to was himself? Or was it relieved, that he was safe from the shadows of hunger and death, safe in his glass office in his glass building? Perhaps he would never know.

A casual glance at the neatly organised desk, at the vintage pen stand tilted just right and the glass paperweight within reach, brought the open file on the blotter back to his attention. He looked at it for a long time, taking in the closely typed words, the sharply lined paragraphs, and the blurry picture on the top left corner. The colours were running into each other, yet the derelict building—with its faded white door and the bell that never worked—and the girl on the porch were quite clear for one who knew what he would find. She was a dark blotch against the pale door, her dress and head covering like spots of condensed night.

He kept staring, feeling uncaring, detached. He was a man on a mission and, if any of his former self still lingered somewhere in his stone-cold breast, he did not feel it stir.

Picking up the untraceable phone lying beside the blotter, he typed out a single text: It’s her.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

257 3 30
*All Characters are based of off Homer's great work the Illiad You have heard my name before. I am the face that launched a thousand ships. The face...
115K 7.9K 66
Is the end of the world near? The answer to that might be closer than we thought. One thing is for sure, the world as we knew it is gone. We thoug...
12.2K 1.1K 37
☆A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY - October 2017☆ ★Highest ranking in adventure: #81 ★Winner of the 2017 Sparkling awards! Action/Adventure 1st place! ★Winne...
127K 8.4K 55
Five Star Reviews for Atlantis Academy: "Omg this book was amazing I couldn't put it down or stop reading. I carried it with me open on my phone whil...