My Saving Grace

By DaniB_xoxo

Sky had always hoped for a better life but knew it was never going to happen she gave up those dreams after h... More

Authors Update
Coming Home to a Drunk Once Again
Stupid Jocks
Painkillers
Getting Kicked Out
Opening Up
Bad Dreams
Unforgivable
Lonely
Overprotective Luke
I'll Always Be Here
Tears and Scars
Back to School
Remembering and Being Free
Back Again
My Hero
Goodbye
Skating With Luke
Run Away
I Need You
I Don't Want to Lose You
10 Years Later/ Epilogue

Bad Luck

232 8 0
By DaniB_xoxo

After putting on my jacket and shoes I was ready to head to the park with Luke. He was waiting by the door with a sweater and a beanie on his head. If it was possible, he looked even better with a beanie on his head.

"You ready?" He asked.

"Yes, you look really good in a beanie by the way" I said

He looked over at me and smiled.

"Thanks babe"

My heart fluttered as he said those words. He never called me that before. I liked it.

He grabbed my hand and we headed out and on our way to the park. The fresh crisp autumn air felt good. This was just what I needed after staying inside all day. We made it to the park and Luke was still holding my hand. It was hard to not feel the little electric pulses that went up my arm the whole time he held my hand. It warmed my body up.

I was kind of confused on what basis we were on. Were we just friends or more? Luke kissed me a lot and held my hand and we acted like a couple. But he never really mentioned anything. Maybe he just wants to be friends with benefits. I can't do that. I started to panic thinking about it.

"L-Luke."

"Yea?"

Well here goes nothing.

"What are we? I mean I'm just kind of confused. I know I have feelings for you but I don't know if you feel the same way for me. I'm just scared." I admitted

Luke stopped walking and wrapped his arms around me.

"I have feelings for you too Skyy. But I want to take you out on a proper date before I ask you to be my girlfriend. I want to do this right." He explained.

I nuzzled my nose into the crook of his neck. He was so warm. I felt so much better knowing that he has feelings for me too. I was happy he wanted to take me out on a proper date first before we got involved. Now that I think about it I've never been on a proper date.

We continued to walk to the park and Luke still had ahold of my hand. He was reluctant to let go. I likes having that connection. It gave me a way of him knowing he was there for me.

We got to the park and walked around on some trails. The fall leaves were so pretty on the trees, they soon would fall off soon. Which meant winter was soon. We were walking over to a pond when someone came up to us. It was Ryan. Great what did he want?

"Hey babe. You want to finish what we started in the gym the other day?" Ryan asked with a smirk on his face ignoring Luke.

Luke tensed beside me and I could feel him squeeze my hand tighter.

"Nothing was started you asshole." I muttered.

"Oh come on Skyy, just admit you want me back. You miss all this. You could do so much better than this guy." He gestured to Luke.

Next thing I knew Ryan's lips were on mine. I tried to shove him off but he wouldn't budge. I felt Luke's hand leave me and I felt Ryan being ripped away from me. Luke had Ryan on the ground punching him in the face.

"How many times do I have to beat the shit out of you for you to fuck off and not touch her."

Luke got up from beating Ryan up and came by my side. He cupped my face in his hands.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yea I'm fine just a little shaken up." I replied.

Ryan started to get up and I back away a few steps.

"Just you wait; I'll be back to finish this when your little boyfriends not around." Ryan sneered as he walked away.

Luke grabbed my hand again.

"Let's head home, it's getting late"

I just nodded my head and we walked home.

The walk home was silent. I didn't know what to say. What if Luke won't kiss me anymore because he saw Ryan kiss me. I'm just a mess, I wouldn't blame him if he wouldn't want to kiss me again.

We got home and headed up to Luke's room. He still hadn't said anything so I decided to speak up.

"Luke. Are you mad at me?"

He sat up on his bed and looked over to me sitting on the other end of the bed. He motioned for me to sit on his lap so I stood up to go sit on him. He wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped my legs around his waist and we sat like that on the bed for awhile in silence before he spoke.

"I'm not mad at you. He was the one who kissed you, but I can't help but wonder what he was talking about in the gym." Luke said.

"He came up to me and tried to come up onto me like at the park but I kneed him were the sun don't shine and got away."

"Next time he does something to you I need you to tell me. I want to protect you. For now just try to stay with me as much as you can."

"Okay. Now let's get some sleep I'm tired."

Luke nodded his head as I got up from his lap and went into the bathroom to change into my pyjamas. I came back and Luke was gone. I guess he was still planning on sleeping in the guest room. I really was hoping he would sleep in here so my bad dreams would go away. I crawled into bed and shut off the lamp.

Not to long after the door opened and someone who I assume was Luke walked in. He climbed into bed and wrapped his arms around me.

"I thought you left to go to the the guest bed to sleep." I admitted.

"No I went to say goodnight to mom and dad. Unless you want me to sleep in the guest bedroom."

"No! Uhm I-I mean no you make my bad dreams go away."

With that being said Luke snuggled closer to my body and I drifted off into a nice peaceful sleep.

I woke up Sunday morning to the sound of someone banging on the front door. I untangled myself from Luke and left to go answer the door quietly. I checked the clock before leaving the bedroom and it was 9am. Luke's parents must have already gone to work. I walked down and opened the door to come face to face with the one person I didn't want to see. My father.

"You're coming home with me now you little whore." Were the first words out of his mouth.

He grabbed my arm and tried pulling me out the door. I screamed for Luke.

"Luke! Help!"

"Shut up bitch!" He slapped me across the face so hard I fell onto the ground. He then began kicking my ribs over and over again. Then he kicked my back. The last thing I remember was Luke running down the stairs yelling my name and then everything went black.

****Luke's P.O.V****

I can't believe after that asshole kicked her out he came back and did that to her. He had some nerve hurting her in my home. He was going to pay for this.

I am currently sitting in the hospital waiting for the nurses to say anything about Skyy. When I woke up to hear her screaming I was scared for my life. I ran down to see the most horrible sight I've ever seen in my life. Her father was kicking her over and over again. I punched him in the back of the head and he fell straight to the ground. I went over to Skyy and she was unconscious. I called an ambulance and now here we are.

After what felt like forever a nurse came out to talk to me.

"Hello sir, are you here for Skyy?"

I nodded my head and she continued talking.

"Skyy had two broken ribs and major bruising, but she is conscious now if you would like to see her. We are going to have to keep her over night but she will be fine to go tomorrow but she will need to be extra careful and take it easy for the next few weeks."

I nodded again because I couldn't seem to form words right now. The nurse led me to Skyy's room and I hesitantly opened the door. There she laid watching the hospital tv on the little screen. She must have heard me come in. She looked over to me and as soon as she saw who I was the tears started forming in her eyes.

"Luke! I am so sorry" she said in between sobs.

Sorry, What was she sorry for? If anyone should be sorry it should be me for not protecting her.

"You have nothing to be sorry for" I said as I sat down in the chair beside her bed and held her hand.

"M-My dad is just an asshole" she said.

She was still crying and I wanted her to stop hurting. I sat up on the bed and cupped her face in my hands and wiped away her tears with my thumbs.

"Shh, baby calm down. It's okay. Everything's going to be okay"

She wrapped her arms around me and held onto me for dear life. She winced in pain and I pulled back.

"Do your ribs hurt?"

"Yea I have painkillers though"

I sat back down in the chair and she looked sad.

"I want you close" she said.

"I don't want to hurt you though."

"You're not going to hurt me. Come lay down beside me I will be fine" she explained.

I climbed into bed with her and she slowly moved over. She then wrapped her arms around me and nuzzled her nose into my chest.

"Does this hurt?" I asked.

"No it feels good."

"Good."

She slowly drifted off to sleep and I was happy she was able to fall asleep because of me. She was probably exhausted. I can't believe her father can do this to her. I'm going to protect Skyy if it's the last thing I do. Her father will pay for this and she will be able to live her life like she should. She was my everything and couldn't let her asshole of a father take that away from me. She was mine.

****Skyy's P.O.V****

I woke up in Luke's arms. I don't think I would ever get used to waking up and seeing his gorgeous face. He must have noticed I was awake because he looked down at me and had that amazing smile on his face.

"You're awake" I croaked.

"Yea I couldn't sleep so I let you sleep. I figured you needed to rest."

I smiled he always thought about me before himself.

"How long was I asleep?"

Luke looked up to the clock that hung on the hospital wall.

"3 hours" he stated.

My eyes almost popped out of my sockets.

"And you stayed awake that long just laying in bed with me sleeping?" I asked.

"I enjoy your company and it's nice to know you're close to me."

I loved being close to him as well.

"When can I get out of this place?"

"You have to stay the night but you can leave tomorrow" Luke explained.

The night flew by. Probably because I had Luke with me and I was sleeping. Morning came and I was discharged from the hospital. Pulling into the driveway Luke wouldn't let me get out of the car without help. He insisted I was going to hurt myself. As he was helping me out of the car Luke's mom came running out of the house.

"Oh my goodness! Luke called and told us what happened. You poor thing, lets get you inside. I just baked a fresh batch of cookies just for you."

I couldn't help but smile. I know my mother is still with me in my heart and I love her so much, but I feel like Emma has been my mom my entire life. She helps fill that gap of sadness that my mother can't fulfill.

"Mom calm down, you're going to freak her out." Luke exclaimed.

"It's okay Luke, I'm fine. Now how about those cookies?" I said the Emma.

She jumped up and down with excitement and rushed in the house. Luke and I followed behind and as soon as we got in the house Luke made me sit down on the sofa. He didn't want me "wearing myself out" so he said.

"Luke really my ribs are a little sore, but I have painkillers for that. I'm fine."

Luke fluffed my pillows and grabbed a blanket and made me lay down.

"Rest. I know you need it."

I obliged and slowly drifted of into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Only Seconds Left By Kait

Mystery / Thriller

681 21 14
While on a date with Sky's biggest crush and best friend since elementary school, Chase, tells Sky that her mom has disappeared, she immediately goe...
2K 118 27
Okay let's be honest here this is my first time kinda using this and I suck so yeah ANYWAYS Abby a 17 year old who has spent her last years in the...
283K 7.6K 47
The secret. the divorce. Suicidal. Weak. Brother. Jordan. Trent. Mom. Father. All these things...explain Skylar Lynn Alfaro's life. Sky hasn't seen...
1.4K 75 21
Jordan has been kidnapped. She's not alone but thats how she feels. She goes through obstacles trying to find a way back home. Trapped, feeling like...