Those Three Words | Peter Par...

By skullarr

"I have never liked Peter Parker as more than a friend. A best friend. A shoulder to cry on when I need one... More

Intro!!!
Part 1 - Truth or Dare
Part 2 - Just Another Monday
Part 4 - I Know You Lie
Author's Note (A/N)
Part 5 - Party Hard (Unless You're Spider Man)
Part 6 - To Washingon We Go
Part 7 - I'm a Mess
Part 8 - Where Is He?
Part 9 - Unbelievable
Part 10 - One More Week
Part 11 - Day One
Author's Note II
Part 12 - Day Two
Part 13 - Day Three
Part 14 - Day Four
Part 15 - Day Five
Part 16 - Day Six
Author's Note
Part 17 - Day Seven - 1/2
Part 18 - Day Seven - 2/2
Part 19 - Kissing Spider Man
Part 20 - We're Not Official
Part 21 - Leaving Home
Part 22 - On My Mind
Part 23 - Dress
Part 24 - Homecoming
Part 25 - The Guys in the Chairs
Part 26 - The New Avenger

Part 3 - As I'll Ever Be

8.9K 230 263
By skullarr

Beep, beep, beep

I groaned and rolled over, looking at my clock to see that it was only five fifty-five.

Beep, beep, beep

I placed my pillow over my head, hugging it to my ears.

Beep, beep, be- CRASH

I flung the alarm clock into the wall with my mind, giving up, sat up and made my way over to the bathroom to start my day.

I took a quick shower, washing my hair in the process, got dressed in some black ripped jeans and a forest green long-sleeved shirt, made myself breakfast, ate while packing my lunch with my powers and then brushed my teeth. I usually only wore long-sleeved shirts to hide the scars on my forearms that came with the incident, but if it was too hot I covered them up with concealer and foundation.

I looked up at our kitchen clock, seeing that it read six thirty and counted down to three in my head before Peter burst out of his room in a towel. I looked at him and giggled at his appearance, knowing that I'd get to wake up to that everyday until we headed off to college or university.

"Morning, Parker," I nodded my head Peter's way from the kitchen island. Peter hastily adjusted his towel and turned slightly red. He nodded back with big eyes and then went over to the bathroom. Before he got there, though, I couldn't help but notice, like I did everyday, that his muscles were unbelievable and why the heck couldn't I look like that.

Now, I did have some muscle, actually. Mostly along my legs and arms from the occasional trip to the gym, and for being a fifteen-year-old, I was satisfied. But I could never help wondering how Peter got all that muscle, because I had never once seen him do anything remotely physical in all my time of living with him.

He wasn't a fan of track and field day, joking that he'd beat everyone anyways. He wasn't apart of any sports teams or clubs involving physical activity, saying that he was too good for them. I had never really given a second thought to his reluctance, but I was starting to wonder if there was something more?

After a half-hour Peter was ready so we said goodbye to May, I slipped on some socks and Birkenstocks, grabbed our bags and then started our trek to school. I had never minded our walk to the subway or the subway itself, because Peter and I either talked about school and drama or just listened to music and caught up on homework/studying.

At seven forty-five we arrived at Midtown High, both going our separate ways to our lockers. Once I got there I grabbed my books for the day, shoving some in my bag and then made my way to Peter's locker where I saw him and Ned talking.

"What!?" I heard Peter exclaim followed by a group of cheerleaders saying something snarky and then turning away to gossip about something. "How many pieces?"

"Three-thousand eight-hundred and three," Ned spoke. I furrowed my brows.

"That's insane," I said, making Ned and Peter look at me and smile. "For what?"

"My new Lego Death Star!" Ned said excitedly as we started walking to class. "Do you guys wanna build it tonight?"

"Can't," both Peter and I said at the same time. I gestured for Peter to go first. "I've got the Stark internship."

"Of course," Ned said, rolling his eyes. "You've always got that internship."

"Yeah, well maybe it'll lead to a real job there."

"That'd be so sweet," Ned agreed, looking towards me.

"I'm meeting up with Flash tonight," I said, shaking my head. "Remember?"

"Right," both boys said at the same time, half understandingly and half sarcastically. I smiled half-heartedly as Ned started rambling on about how cool it would be if Peter got a job with Tony Stark. I listened, for the most part, but got sidetracked when I saw Peter's attention shift to something in front of us.

I followed his gaze and saw Liz Allan walking through the hall in front of us, the girl that somehow stole Peter's heart. I laughed softly as I watched the boy stare in awe before turning away awkwardly when Liz noticed Peter staring.
Ned finished talking, neither Peter nor I hearing what he had said, so Peter responded with "That'd be great."
~~~
In Math class, Ms. Warren was talking about something that I wasn't paying much attention to. Instead of taking notes like I should've been, I was doodling with my pen in my notebook.

"Okay, so," Ms. Warren said rather loudly, snapping me out of my daze. "How do we calculate the acceleration between points 'a' and 'b'? Hmm, Flash?"

"It's the product of the sun between the angle and the mass," I looked over at Flash who was reading some notes out of his book. I had to admit, even though Flash was pretty idiotic at times, he was really focused in school and his academics.

"Nope," Ms. Warren said. I saw Flash's expression wilt and his shoulders slouch, making me almost feel bad. Almost. Ms. Warren scanned the room for a new victim, "Peter."

I turned my attention to the boy that was sitting across the aisle from me and he jumped, quickly closing his computer screen. I squinted my eyes in a confused manner, wondering what he was looking at that could make him so unaware.

"Are you with us?" Ms. Warren asked.

"Um, uh, yeah yeah," Peter studied the board. "Mass cashes out which is gravity times sun."

"Right," Ms. Warren said. She then turned her attention to Flash. "See, Flash, being the fastest isn't always the best if you're wrong."

"You're dead," Flash mouthed towards Peter as he turned around, making me frown at him. Peter turned to look at the clock.
~~~
When I got to lunch, both of my friends were distracted by something behind me. I sat down across the table from Peter but he just leant to his left, almost touching Ned's shoulder. Both of their heads were occupied by one of their hands as they gazed at something, or should I say someone, dreamily.

"Did Liz get a new top?" Peter asked Ned as of he were in a trance. I rolled my eyes.
I should've known, I thought with a scoff, setting my things down.

"No, you've seen that before," said Ned just as dreamily. "Just never with that skirt."

"We should probably stop staring before it gets creepy, though."

"Too late," a voice said. I turned my head to see Michelle at the table beside us who too apparently thought that the both of them were being weird. Ned and Peter turned their heads with strange expressions. "You guys are losers."

"Then why do you sit with us?" Ned asked, almost as if to prove a point.

"Because I don't have any friends," Michelle answered cooly. I had to stifle my laughter at Ned's taken aback expression and shoved some lunch into my mouth.
~~~
"Okay," Liz said as she stood in front of our school's Academic Decathlon Team that Ned and Peter convinced me to join this year. I was actually fairly good and it was a lot more fun than I thought. "Let's move onto the next question; what is the heaviest naturally occurring element?"

Charles, who was sitting next to Ned, rang his bell and raised his hand. "Hydrogen's the lightest. That's not the question, okay."

Next, Abe rang his bell and practically yelled his answer, "Uranium!"

"That is correct!" Liz said with a smile. "Thank you, Abraham." Abe smiled and waved his hand to dismiss the compliment. "Please open your books to page ten."

I lazily flipped my book to the correct page and pretended to study what was on it. I was really paying attention to eavesdropping on Peter and Mr. Harrington, trying to hear what they were saying.

"You've never even been in the same room as Tony Stark," Flash suddenly said quite loudly.

"Wait, what's happening?" asked Cindy, everyone else suddenly focusing their attention to Peter and Mr. Harrington, too.

"Peter's not going to Washington," said Bluebird. I frowned.

"No, n-n-n-n-no," Cindy objected with a parental tone.

"Why not?" I questioned, my face set suspiciously.

Everyone else started objecting to Peter not going with us to the Decathlon, getting more and more stressed by the second. He told us that he had to stay here in case Mr. Stark needed him, which I called complete bull on. Mr. Stark has other assistants from the internship, right? Why is Peter so special?

"Flash, you're in for Peter," Liz said after a second of thought.

"I dunno," Flash said, looking at some book. "I gotta check my calendar, first. I have a hot date with Black Widow coming up."

"That is false," I said, ringing my bell and speaking into my mic.

"What did I tell you about using the bell for comedic purposes?" Mr. Harrington scolded. I stuck out my tongue and sulked back into my chair. After a few seconds the bell rang, signaling that we could all leave. I packed up my things and watched Peter run out, getting ready to catch the first bus to the Stark Tower for his internship.

"Ready, (Y/N)?" Flash asked as I approached him, holding out his arm for me with a smirk.

"As I'll ever be," I said with a sigh, reluctantly linking our arms together as we started to make our way to the library.
~~~
Hey, Lovelies!
Here's the longer chapter that I promised!
I hope you enjoyed and stick around to find out what will happen at the library with Flash!
Until next time :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 321 26
(Sequel to Homecoming is out now! Check it out!) Highest ranking: #9 in Peter Parkerxreader In Y/N POV, you will be played as a female character! Dur...
4.9K 192 7
In which two brothers receive incredible powers and must use them to protect their city, while navigating through the trials of high school. A/N: I D...
85.7K 3.6K 53
Y/N feels like the only person in the world who hates superheroes. Tony Stark is possibly her least favourite person in the world, especially since h...
105K 1.7K 23
Set after Spider-Man: Homecoming Peter might finally accept that his feelings for MJ are more than just ones for friends. A while ago she figured out...