Part 3 - As I'll Ever Be

Beep, beep, beep

I groaned and rolled over, looking at my clock to see that it was only five fifty-five.

Beep, beep, beep

I placed my pillow over my head, hugging it to my ears.

Beep, beep, be- CRASH

I flung the alarm clock into the wall with my mind, giving up, sat up and made my way over to the bathroom to start my day.

I took a quick shower, washing my hair in the process, got dressed in some black ripped jeans and a forest green long-sleeved shirt, made myself breakfast, ate while packing my lunch with my powers and then brushed my teeth. I usually only wore long-sleeved shirts to hide the scars on my forearms that came with the incident, but if it was too hot I covered them up with concealer and foundation.

I looked up at our kitchen clock, seeing that it read six thirty and counted down to three in my head before Peter burst out of his room in a towel. I looked at him and giggled at his appearance, knowing that I'd get to wake up to that everyday until we headed off to college or university.

"Morning, Parker," I nodded my head Peter's way from the kitchen island. Peter hastily adjusted his towel and turned slightly red. He nodded back with big eyes and then went over to the bathroom. Before he got there, though, I couldn't help but notice, like I did everyday, that his muscles were unbelievable and why the heck couldn't I look like that.

Now, I did have some muscle, actually. Mostly along my legs and arms from the occasional trip to the gym, and for being a fifteen-year-old, I was satisfied. But I could never help wondering how Peter got all that muscle, because I had never once seen him do anything remotely physical in all my time of living with him.

He wasn't a fan of track and field day, joking that he'd beat everyone anyways. He wasn't apart of any sports teams or clubs involving physical activity, saying that he was too good for them. I had never really given a second thought to his reluctance, but I was starting to wonder if there was something more?

After a half-hour Peter was ready so we said goodbye to May, I slipped on some socks and Birkenstocks, grabbed our bags and then started our trek to school. I had never minded our walk to the subway or the subway itself, because Peter and I either talked about school and drama or just listened to music and caught up on homework/studying.

At seven forty-five we arrived at Midtown High, both going our separate ways to our lockers. Once I got there I grabbed my books for the day, shoving some in my bag and then made my way to Peter's locker where I saw him and Ned talking.

"What!?" I heard Peter exclaim followed by a group of cheerleaders saying something snarky and then turning away to gossip about something. "How many pieces?"

"Three-thousand eight-hundred and three," Ned spoke. I furrowed my brows.

"That's insane," I said, making Ned and Peter look at me and smile. "For what?"

"My new Lego Death Star!" Ned said excitedly as we started walking to class. "Do you guys wanna build it tonight?"

"Can't," both Peter and I said at the same time. I gestured for Peter to go first. "I've got the Stark internship."

"Of course," Ned said, rolling his eyes. "You've always got that internship."

"Yeah, well maybe it'll lead to a real job there."

"That'd be so sweet," Ned agreed, looking towards me.

"I'm meeting up with Flash tonight," I said, shaking my head. "Remember?"