The False Hope (Attack on Tit...

By Panilith

The person who lives to create, he who seeks to know, and damned to be used by others own greed and selfishne... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The Lost Hope
Chapter 2: That Day I Was Reborn
Chapter 3: The False Light in The Despair
Chapter 4: The New Era Begins
Chapter 6: Courtroom Drama
Chapter 7: The Bonds We Share
Chapter 8: New Bond and A Shattered Heart
Chapter 9: The Mask Cracks
Chapter 10: A Way Out
Chapter 11: A Broken Reflection
Chapter 12: Standing Back Up
Chapter 13: Returning To The Cage
Chapter 14: Forever Together
Chapter 15: The Broken and The Rebellious
Chapter 16: My Freedom
Chapter 17: Ikaros
Chapter 18: The Old Age Ends And A New Begins

Chapter 5: Battle for Trost

6.3K 164 77
By Panilith

(Y/n) = Your name 

(F/n) = Fake name

(F/c) = Favorite color

(H/c) = Hair color

(S/c) = Skin color

Third Person P.O.V

(Y/n): "Fire!" he yelled to the Garrison soldiers.

With that, the battle has begun. The Howitzers on top the front gate to Trost opened fired before the cannons a level below them opened fire, and so on. This will repeat over and over again. A volley fire of explosive shells sang as they soar through the air before hitting the advancing Titans. The sound of the cannons fire echoed though the air and catching the attention of some civilians as they were escaping. Never had they heard cannons such as these.

After a minute of firing, they were beginning to run low on ammunition and (Y/n) ordered a rationing of the shells. Each shot a cannon made must hit their mark and as the firing of the cannons decreased, the closer the Titans got. When (Y/n) noticed this, he grabbed his handles of  his maneuver gear and attached the blades before running and jumping off the platform. He spun around and fired a hook up towards the edge of the wall to pull himself up. He flew up and landed on the edge where the Garrison were ready to attack.

(Y/n) turned around and walked over to the edge of the wall to see the Titans were twenty meters from the wall. He lifted his sword in the air before pointing it forward.

(Y/n): "Charge!" he yelled as he ran off the edge with around fifty Garrison soldiers following behind him.

They all began descending down the wall as the soldiers manning the cannon placements fell back to the defensive line at the gate entrance. All of them picked a target and got to work on killing the Titans. There were many brave souls attacking recklessly and found themselves being grabbed and eaten. (Y/n) attempted to save as many as he could, but there were just so many Titans. First, there were only five, then thirteen, until it became too much for them to handle.

As a Titan reached up to grab (Y/n), he dodged hand and slide down it until he was close to the neck. He fired his anchors onto the Titan's neck to pull himself closer before slicing the back of the neck off before flying low to the ground to make the Titans that see him crash into each other. When he got close enough to the wall, he quickly retracted his anchors and fired again to successfully pull him to safety.

As he pull himself high enough on the wall, he landed on the side and looked down. It was a slaughter. From the fifty they originally had, they were now at fourteen. He could hear some of the unknown Garrison soldiers scream out for help before the sounds of bloodcurdling screams followed behind it, then silence.

(Y/n) ordered the remaining Garrison soldiers to fall back to the final defensive line. They flew over the wall and landed on the other side and position themselves over the entrance of the gate to attack any Titan the walked though. He watched as the three cannons below fired upon the Titans that were coming through the hole. That was when misfortune struck. At the second line of cannons that were position passed the deep trenches and between the wooden towers, a group of soldiers began firing their cannon early when the three cannons at the entrance of the gate still had a crate full of explosive shells. They didn't aim the howitzer properly and fired it, resulting in the shell hitting the crate and creating a large explosion and a shock wave.

This cause some of the wooden towers to be pushed backward and collapsing completely. The same went for the Garrison soldiers and (Y/n) over the explosion. Not only were they pushed back, but they also couldn't see because the cloud of smoke and dust blinded them from seeing any Titans that passed through the entrance.

They had to reposition themselves and they fired their anchors onto the remaining wooden towers and prepared for a last stand. Not a moment too soon, Titans began emerging through the smoke. Some Titans fell down the deep trench while others walked on the bridge. In one last ditch effort, all remaining Garrison soldiers including the ones on the Cannons charged forward with (Y/n) at the lead.

He would kill only three Titans before they were being pushed back to the houses losing seventy-eight percent of the remain Garrison soldiers and cannon crew in the process. As (Y/n) flew close to a fourteen meter Titan to kill it, he was greeted with an unsuspecting backhand from a seven-meter Titan resulting in him being sent flying backwards and though a window of a nearby building. He felt several ribs crack from the impact of the sudden attack. He laid there in pain and was having a difficult time breathing as he began coughing.

A Garrison soldier flew through the window (Y/n) crashed though and run up to him.

Garrison Soldier: "Goddess?! Are you ok?!" she yelled out.

(Y/n): "I'm... fine. Listen, I need you to return to HQ. Inform them that the front line has collapse and the Titans have broken though." he said weakly.

Garrison Soldier: "What about you, Goddess?!" she cried out.

(Y/n): "I'll be fine... I'll head back to HQ soon. I need to rest a bit... " he said before coughing.

The Garrison soldier saw this and nodded before running off and jumping through the window before heading towards HQ. (Y/n) only sighed as he slowly scooted away from the window and towards the stairs so he would be at a safe distance.

(Y/n): "Levi-bro is going to be mad at me for getting hurt again..." he whined as he held onto the spot of his chest that hurt.

He slowly made his way downstairs in search of pillows, rope, and maybe some medicine. He was going to head back to HQ alive one way or another. All he knows is that it's going to hurt a lot flying back with broken ribs so he'll walk for a bit and use the buildings to his advantage.

Meanwhile at HQ. Eren, Armin, and Mikasa with several other soldiers were getting ready for the operation to defend Trost. A plan was made just in case an event such as Shiganshina would happen again.

Garrison Squad Captain: "You recruits have completed training and graduated into proper soldiers! I expect you to actively participate in this operation too!" he told them.

Mikasa had finished her work quickly and ran around looking for Eren and Armin only to spot them refilling their gas.

Eren: "Are you okay, Armin?!" he asked worriedly.

Armin: "I-I'm fine! I'll put it together. But we're still in trouble! We've got an eight-meter hole in the wall and no way to fix it quickly! We couldn't even dig out the giant rock near Zemo! If we can't close the hole, this city will be abandoned! Then it's only a matter of time until they break through Wall Rose! If they felt like it, they could annihilate mankind at any time!" he shouted as he was unable to refuel a gas tank.

Eren: "Armin! Calm down! This time it's different. Mankind won't lose to the Titans! Besides, (F/n)-sis is doing her best defending the wall while we get ready! Just have a little hope!" he told him.

Armin: "... Y-You're right. S-Sorry. I-I'm fine now." he said to him.

As they finished refueling their gas tanks, they went upstairs to the courtyard and lined up so they could be given their orders. In front of everyone was Kitz Woermann, a captain in the Garrison. He is a tense man with an expression of perpetual worry. He has gold-colored eyes and a thick brown mustache that covers his upper lip. He wears his brown hair slicked back with it framing his face and forming a thick beard.

Kitz: "Just like in training, split up into your individual squads. You will be under Garrison command. Your duties are to assist in providing supplies, communications, and sweeping up the Titans! The first line of defense will be the front line unit of the Garrison. The second line will be the cadet squads under our command! The rearguard will be the Garrison's elite units! We've already received word that the vanguard has been annihilated and... the whereabouts and status of the Goddess is currently unknown." he announced to everyone.

The eyes of the cadets widen when they heard this sudden revelation.

Kitz: "The outer gate was destroyed and Titans have encroached upon the city! This means that the Armored Titan might show up at any moment to breach the inner gate!" he told them

The cadets now began to panic among themselves. The thought of the Titans breaking though the wall once again frighten them.

Kitz: "Silence! The front line guards are already in combat! There is but one goal in this defensive operation: Defend Wall Rose until every civilian has evacuated! Also, in case you forgot, let me remind you that desertion is a capital offense! Vow on your hearts to devote your lives! Dismissed!" he ordered before walking away quickly.

Once he finished, everyone began scrambling to get into their squads and preparing for the worse. Nearby, Jean was with Marco,  Bertolt, Krista, and some other cadets.

Jean: "Why does it have to be today? I'm supposed to go to the interior tomorrow!" he complained.

He looked around to see Krista attempting to help another cadet who was vomiting on the ground. He couldn't stand this and stormed off, passing several other cadets who were shaking in fear until he bumped into Eren.

Jean: "Fuck off!" he told him before shoving passed him.

Eren: "Hey, Jean! what's with you?" he asked and stopped him by grabbing his arm.

Jean: "Don't give me that crap, you suicidal asshole! You wanted to join the Survey Corps! You were prepared to feed yourself to the Titans already! But I was going to the interior tomorrow, goddammit!" he yelled before grabbing Eren's collar.

Eren: "Calm down!" he told him.

Jean: "And why would I do that?! Just chill out and accept my death?!" he asked.

Eren: "No! Remember our three years of training! We've been on the verge of death many times during those three years. Some actually died. Some ran away and some were sent away. But we survived! Didn't we?! We're going to survive today too! You'll survive today and you're bloody well going to interior tomorrow!" he told him after he shoved him off and grabbing his collar.

Jean looked at him for a moment before walking away angrily as he began getting his squad together. As this happened, Mikasa, Akame, and Kurome walked over to Eren. 

Mikasa: "Eren! If the battle gets too chaotic, come find me." he told him.

Eren: "Huh? We're in totally different squads!" he pointed out.

Mikasa: "In the midst of the fray, nothing goes according to plan. I'll protect you." she stated.

Eren: "What are you going on abo-" he tried to say.

Before he could finish his sentence. A soldier from the Garrison walked over to them and interrupted Eren.

Garrison Soldier: "Trainee Akame and Trainee Ackerman! You were specially assigned to the rearguard. Come with me." he told them.

Mikasa: "I'd only be in the way, sir!" she told him.

Garrison Soldier: "I didn't ask for your opinion. The evacuation is going slow. We need as many elite guards as possible protecting the civilians." he informed her before walking away.

Mikasa: "But I-" she tried to reason with him.

Right before she could try talking with him, Eren intercepted her and headbutted her. She stumbled backwards a bit before holding the spot of her head that was hit.

Eren: "Get real, Mikasa! It's so unlike you to panic! Mankind is on the brink of extinction! No one gives a fuck about what you want! So shut up and go help them!" he scolded her.

Mikasa: "...I'm sorry. I lost my head. Let's go Akame." she said quietly before walking away.

Akame nodded her head before looking back to Kurome.

Akame: "Find him." she told her before following Mikasa.

Eren looked at the two in confusion. Who were they talking about? As long as he known them, they didn't seem all too close to any of the boys at training camp.

Eren: "What was that about?" he asked.

Kurome only looked at him for a few seconds and just staring at him with dull eyes before walking away as she held onto her back of treats tightly.

Eren: "...She's so fucking weird sometimes." he mumbled to herself.

(Small timeskip brought to you by (Y/n) tying pillows over his ribs)

Meanwhile at some unknown street in Trost, (Y/n) was slowly walking through the streets trying to navigate his way to the HQ. Whenever he heard the sound of footsteps, he would hide and wait for a few minutes until he was certain the Titan was gone. He would continue to do this until he come stumbled across the marketplace. It was too spacious and visible for him to go across. He looked around to the streets connecting to the marketplace to see some Titans wandering about except for one street that was right across from him.

(Y/n): "Of course it had to be that street." he mumbled to himself.

He looked down to his gas tanks and groaned a bit, he may have used too much gas earlier, Levi had told him that he was rather reckless when it came using it. He took a deep breath before biting his lower lip and quietly rushed to a wooden booth. Once he made it across, he groaned in pain that his ribs were causing him. He managed to patched himself up with pillows and some thing things he found in the house he was stuck in, but the pain was unbearable.

After a few seconds, he began to quietly move down the street only to hear the sound of loud footsteps nearby, he looked towards the direction he heard the sound only to see a Titan about fifty feet from him. It was staring at him. In that moment, he quickly began running with a limp towards the street he was originally going towards as the sound of footsteps followed after him and with every passing second, it got louder. (Y/n) began screaming "ow" over and over again as the pain from his ribs increased. He quickly pulled out his handles for his maneuver gear and pulled the trigger only for nothing to happen. It took a second for the horrible of the situation to sink in. He ran out of gas. As if things couldn't get any worse, his right leg had to act up and he ended up tripping and falling to his knees. He groaned for a few seconds before looking back to see a giant hand about five feet from him. Knowing that he was about to become Titan food, he closed his eyes ready to face oblivion only to feel something wrap around his waist as the sound of wire reeling in was heard over head. He was suddenly pulled up from the ground as a voice called out to him.

Reiner: "(F/n)-sis! Are you alright?!" he asked.

(Y/n) opened his eyes to see Reiner with a worried look on his face as he landed the roof of a nearby building and setting (Y/n) down. He heard the loud thud nearby followed by the sound of people landing near him. It was Marco, Bertolt, Annie, and Kurome.

(Y/n): "You... came looking for me?" he asked in surprised.

Marco: "Of course we would! When we heard you were missing, we decided to come looking for you." he said with a smile.

(Y/n) eyesight began to blur as he attempted not to cry.

(Y/n): "You guys..." he said feeling moved by his friends.

Some of them smiled as the boys walked over to comfort him only for Kurome to shoved them away before hugging (Y/n) all to herself. He buried his face in Kurome 's chest crying a bit as she began soothing him with a smile to her face as she ran her fingers through his soft and smooth hair. She wasn't going to let anyone other than her touch him. Annie only watched as the boys groaned in pain as they began standing up and a crying "Goddess"  in the arms of a psychotic girl. She sighed before walking over to Kurome and (Y/n). Kurome heard her and glared at Annie slightly.

Annie: "Can you move (F/n)?" she asked.

He pulled his head away from Kurome and wiped his eyes.

(Y/n): "A bit, I almost certain several of my ribs are fractured. I also may or may not be out of gas." he said looking away with his cheeks red from embarrassment.

Annie sighed before holding her hand out to (Y/n).

Annie: "Come on. I'll carry you." she stated.

Kurome: "I will carry her." she told Annie with venom in her voice.

Annie: "Do you think you can carry and protect (F/n) at the same time?" she asked.

Kurome remained quiet before she let go off (Y/n) before standing up.

Kurome: "Fine. But if she gets hurt because of you, then a Titan will be the least of your worries." she stated.

She only rolled her eyes while (Y/n) grabbed her hand. He climbed onto Annie's back and they all began heading towards a rendezvous point. Whenever they came across a Titan, the boys and Kurome would clear the path with Annie and (Y/n) landing on a roof at a safe distance. Annie saw this as a good opportunity to ask (Y/n) something.

Annie: "(F/n)? May I ask you something?" she asked.

(Y/n): "Sure! I don't mind at all!" he said happily before coughing a bit.

Annie: "Are you a boy?" she suddenly asked.

This caught (Y/n) off guard and began coughing. He began panicking as he attempted to talk, but it came out as a stuttering mess.

(Y/n): "W-W-Why would y-y-you asked t-that?! It o-o-obvious that I'm a g-girl!" he stuttered.

Annie: "I felt something odd when I kicked you in the groan. That and I noticed that you never washed yourself with any of the other girls until one day I saw you walking off into the forest, so I followed you to a stream. From what I saw, it's clear that you're a boy." she stated.

(Y/n): "...Pervert." he told her feeling his face turn red.

Annie: "Will it make you feel better if I let you see me?" she said sarcastically.

(Y/n): "Why would I feel better if I saw you naked?" he asked curiously.

She smiled a bit to how innocent he was when it came to subjects like this.

Annie: "So the Goddess is secretly a boy. What's the story behind that?" she asked.

(Y/n): "...I'll tell you later once we finish our duty. Just... promise me that you won't tell anyone." he asked.

Annie: "Easy enough." she simply said.

When they Annie noticed that the Titans in front of them were dealt with, she began making her way to everyone else and they all proceeded to the rendezvous point as the day began to darken as clouds began to cover up the sky. They landed on one of the roofs with some of the other cadets  squadrons already there, most of the squads already had casualties. (Y/n) could tell that they were in deep despair and he couldn't do anything about it. The one job he was given was to provide hope, yet he couldn't even do that.

(Y/n): "Out of all the days to attack... they chosen the best time to attack. The Survey Corps isn't here... and we were changing the cannons with a new version that had a limited... supply of ammunition at the moment. This is a mess." he stated weakly before coughing.

Annie: "What now, Reiner? (Y/n) needs to get over the wall to get patched up." she stated.

Reiner: "I know, but it's not time yet. We must group up first to even stand a chance." he pointed out.

Marco: "It's over... No matter what we do, we'll be dead before we make it out of here. I mean, I'm prepared to die.  But what exactly am I going to die for?" he asked.

(Y/n): "If you... don't know what to die for, then try and... stay alive until you find out. We can survive if we manage to survive... for a few more hours. Sorry guys... tt appears that the... Iron Chariots are behind schedule... again." he complained weakly

Reiner/Bertolt: "Iron Chariot?" they suddenly asked.

(Y/n): "It's an arm-" he began to explained.

But before he could even finish his sentence, they heard another cadet soldier yell out something.

Cadet Soldier: "Mikasa! Weren't you with the rearguard?" he asked.

Mikasa ignored them as she ran across the roofs towards Kurome's squad with Akame following behind her.

Mikasa: "Annie! I think I understand the situation. And I apologize for bothering you, but have you seen Eren's squad? " she asked.

Annie: "No, we been too busy rescuing a certain injured Goddess. I also haven't seen anyone climbed the wall either." she stated as they looked towards Mikasa.

(Y/n): "Hi... Mika." he waved weakly to her.

Mikasa: "(Y-(F/n)... will you be fine?" she asked worriedly after correcting herself.

(Y/n): "Y-Yeah... but if I don't get better before Levi-bro gets back, then I'm in trouble." he said with a weak laugh before flinching in pain.

(Y/n): "It hurts to laugh." he whined.

Reiner: "Mikasa, if you're looking for Eren's squad, Armin's over there." he suddenly said.

They looked over to see Armin leaning against the wall of a third-floor building that was connected to the second-floor building they were on.

Mikasa: "Thank you. Armin!" she said before running towards Armin.

Akame walked over to them and smiled at (Y/n).

Akame: "Good to see that you're alive." she stated with a smile.

(Y/n): "I'm... hard to kill. But I did... lost my cane when the Colossal Titan attacked." he complained weakly.

But when they heard Mikasa asking about the whereabouts to Eren and the rest of his squad, they all looked towards Armin to see him looking up to Mikasa with tears running down his face.

Armin: "Our unit... The thirty-fourth cadet unit... Thomas Wagner... Nic Tius. Mylius Zeramuski. Mina Carolina. Eren Yeager! All five of them have fulfilled their duty and died heroic deaths in battle!" he announced to everyone.

There was silence. They all knew who Eren was. From his close friends to the people who were in the same training camp, they all knew who he was and what he trained for. He inspired them the other day. A very passionate person with a burning desire to kill every Titan. Now, he was dead.

Once (Y/n) heard this, he felt tears run down his eyes. He had helped train them for the past few years and grew attached to them. Not only them but to everyone at the training camp. So hearing about their deaths hurt. But hearing that Eren died felt as if his heart was torn in two. Eren was similar to Isabel, too similar. This was why he didn't want anyone to join the Survey Corps, he knew this would happen.

Cadet: "So the thirty-fourth unit was nearly wiped out? If we fight the Titans, we'll end up like them." he commented.

Armin: "I'm sorry, Mikasa. Eren died in my stead... I couldn't do anything! I'm sorry!" he cried out to her.

Mikasa only remained quiet for a few moments before placing her hand over Armin's shaking hand.

Mikasa: "Armin. Take a deep breath. This isn't the time to be emotional. Stand up." she stated pulling up with lifeless eyes before walking away.

Mikasa: "Marco. If we take out the Titans around the HQ, we can replenish our gas supplies and climb the wall. Does that sound correct?" she asked.

Marco: "Yes. But even if you and Akame with us, there's just too many." he stated.

Mikasa: "We can do it." she stated to him.

She walked over to the edge before turning around and pulling out her blades.

Mikasa: "I'm strong. Stronger than all but one of you. Extremely strong. I can kill all those Titans there. Even if I'm alone. You're either incompetent or you're spineless cowards. How pathetic. You can sit here and suck on your fingers. Yeah, do that." she told them

Cadet One: "Hey, Mikasa! What are you saying? You want to fight all those Titans by yourself?" she asked

Cadet Two: "You want to fight all those Titans by yourself?" he asked.

Cadet Three: "There's no way you can do that!" he stated.

Mikasa: "If I can't, then I'll just die. But if I win, I live." she told them.

She turned around and was about to jump off the roof only to stop when a weak voice called out to her.

(Y/n): "But Mika... you shouldn't talk like that. We need to think this through... together. There has to be a better... way." he tried to reason with her.

She slowly turned around and lifted one of her blades and pointed it directly at (Y/n). She only stared at him with her cold eyes as (Y/n) began shaking in fear. He felt as if Mikasa was about and was willing to kill him at that moment.

Mikasa: "I don't need some useless Goddess telling me what to do." she stated before jumping off the roof and making her way to the HQ.

Her words felt like daggers. Kurome was placed her hands on the handles of her blades only for Akame to stop her. (Y/n) only smiled sadly. He knew that she was right. What has he actually done? All he really did was help train them and make devices to help fight Titans, but he wasn't good at anything else really. He couldn't stop the Titans from breaking through and what happened? He got hurt and had to be saved. He was always getting hurt and needed someone to save him. To think Erwin wanted him to be the symbol of Hope for humanity.

(Y/n): "Akame... make sure Mika doesn't die." he told her.

She nodded and ran off after Mikasa. As everyone else watched in silence.

Jean: "Mikasa's oratory skills are pathetic. Was the point of that to shock us into action? It's all your fault, Eren!" he stated as he pulled out his blades.

Jean: "Hey! Were we trained to let our comrades fight alone?! At this rate, we're going to turn out to be spineless cowards!" he stated before running after them with Connie.

Reiner: "I'm surprised I'd hear him say that." he pointed out.

The rest of the Cadets still looked hesitant to help. If they did, there was a good chance that they would die. (Y/n) only looked back and smiled.

(Y/n): "He's right... to some extent. Humans are weak alone... but together we can do anything. Look at the walls... we build them and stopped the Titans for decades. So let's do it... together everyone." he stated as he raised his fist to the air weakly.

The Cadets only looked at their injured Goddess who was smiling at them weakly. Some couldn't help but smile. Despite all that was happening, their Goddess still believed in them.

Cadet Four: "Come on everyone, we can't disappoint (F/n)-sis! Let's do it!" he cried out.

The rest of the Cadets looked at one another before letting out a battle cry. They all began rushing after Jean. As they caught up to him, they watched as Mikasa moved quickly, killing Titans as if it was nothing with Akame following behind her not going as fast.

Jean: "Hurry! Follow them! Let's keep this fight short! We need to kill them all before we run out of gas!" he stated.

But as Mikasa finished killing a Titan and was flying through the air, she ran out of gas and fell from the sky and crashing on a roof before sliding down. Akame quickly went towards her with Armin following after them as he called out Mikasa's name.

Connie: "Jean! You lead the others! I'll go with Armin!" he informed him.

Jean: "I'm coming with you!" he told him.

Connie: "What are you talking about?! There are more Titans left! We need your skills!" he stated before breaking off from the group.

Jean gritted his teeth as he lead everyone closer to the HQ. As they got closer, he spotted a large group of Titans ahead of them and redirected everyone to the nearby roofs. He landed and run up to the edge to look towards the HQ with everyone landing behind him.

Jean: "It's no good. We won't get close to the HQ. Not unless we're prepared to make sacrifices." he stated to everyone.

The situation was grim, they were so close, yet so far at the same time. That was when they heard the sound of someone panicking. They all down the roof to see a Cadet on the street below with his anchors attached to a building but wasn't flying up. He was out of gas. As Jean was preparing to go help, the Titans rushed over and grabbed him.

Cadet Five: "Tom! I'm coming to save you!" he yelled.

Jean: "Stop! You can't!" he warned him as another Cadet Soldier went after him.

It didn't end well for them in the end, they were all grabbed by the Titans and were about to die. At that moment, Jean saw this as the perfect opportunity to pass the Titans and rush towards the HQ. 

Jean: "Now! Rush over to HQ now!" he ordered everyone.

Some were hesitant to do as he was told, but they followed him. They knew it was the right choice, but it didn't make it easy on them when they heard the sound of their comrades screaming for help.

During the charge towards HQ, a large majority of the remaining Cadets were killed by the Titans. But as they reached HQ, (Y/n) noticed that there were some howitzers and older cannons on the upper level of the HQ. He had an idea.

(Y/n): "Annie... take me there." he pointed to the cannons.

Annie: "I can't." she told him.

(Y/n): "That's an order." he stated.

She remained quiet before sighing.

Annie: "You better not get killed after all the trouble we went through to save you." she told him.

She quickly fired her anchors closer to the upper level and went towards it with Kurome following behind them. Annie landed and crouched down so he could climb off. Once he was off, she quickly went to the stairs case to meet up with everyone else downstairs. Kurome walked over to (Y/n) and placed his arm over her shoulder to support him as they walked over to a cannon.

(Y/n): "Kurome... shells." he told her as he pointed to some nearby crates.

Kurome nodded and rushed over to a crate and smashing it open. She leaned down to grab a shell as (Y/n) began to slowly move the howitzer and aimed towards some Titans. Once he finished moving it, Kurome walked over with a shell and he moved the sliding breech before taking the shell and pushing it into it. He closed the breech and adjusted it. Before he could fire, he heard a loud explosion of noise below them. Kurome rushed over to the edge and looked below to see that two Titans looking inside the second floor.

(Y/n) began to panic and tried to think of a way to help only for the sound of heavy footsteps to catch his attention. In a brief moment, he saw a fifteen meter Titan with long brown hair that was long enough to graze his shoulders with its tongue and ears becoming elongated. It also lacks lips and flesh on his cheeks and exposing all its teeth.

To their surprise, the Titan suddenly charged at the two Titans below and attacked them instead of them. Akame landed next to them and began explaining that it only attacks Titans. That was all (Y/n) needed to know and readjusted the cannon while Kurome and Mikasa went inside to help everyone get the fuel as he assisted the friendly Titan clear area. (Y/n) wanted to prove that he wasn't useless.

He fired his shot at big headed Titan that was coming from a street to the right of the Titan and managed to obliterate its leg. The friendly Titan took advantage of this and reached its hand down and tore off the back of the neck as (Y/n) felt his body shiver to the gory and brutal scene he was witnessing. But he needed to focus and limped over to the broken crate to get another shell to continue helping.

The battle rage on for several long minutes as the friendly Titan continued killing any Titan that got near the HQ with (Y/n) raining artillery to help the friendly Titan. Never had (Y/n) thought that he and a Titan would be fighting together. It made him excited. He could wait to tell Hanji about this amazing discovery.

But as he began reloading another shell into the cannon, a large hand reached up in front of him. (Y/n) quickly jump away as the hand came crashing down over the cannon and causing a large explosion causing him to be thrown higher and further away. He flipped through the air before landing hard on his back causing him to scream in pain because of his previous injuries. He looked towards the direction the hand came down to see the cannon and area he was it to be destroyed. The Titans hand was blown apart, but it was already regenerating slowly as another hand came up grabbing onto the edge before a head began to rise up. The eye of the Titan looked directly at him and he could see his own reflection.

The hand of the Titan began reaching towards him and he attempted to get up and run, but his injures made it impossible to get up or crawl away. He cried in pain as he rolled over and try to get away nevertheless. He still wanted to achieve his dream. To reach the heavens and he was so close to reaching it.

Right as the Titan's hand shadowed over him, it was suddenly yanked back. (Y/n) looked back in surprise. The friendly Titan had grabbed the leg of the Titan and pulled it before swing and throwing the Titan at another Titan. But this act seemed to be its ultimate downfall because a rather fat Titan tackled the friendly Titan into a building with several other Titans rushing in and began biting and eating the friendly Titan. (Y/n) could hear the friendly Titan cry in pain causing him to become upset with himself.

Akame and Kurome suddenly flew up towards (Y/n) after they and everyone else refueled. To their shock, they saw the aftermath of what happened with (Y/n) lying on the ground of the roof as he repeatedly smashed his fist on the ground saying he was "useless" in the end. They didn't understand and rushed over to him. They gently lifted him up and onto Kurome's back, but despite the fact they were careful, he still screamed in pain before going silent as he passed out from pain.

(Y/n) P.O.V

(Small timeskip brought to you by (Y/n) being taken to a military hospital outside of Trost)  

I slowly opened my eyes to be greeted with a ceiling. All I know was that my torso area hurts a bit. I lifted my head to see that I, no longer had the upper part of my uniform as it was replaced with bandages. That was when I remembered what happened. I guess the pain was too much to bare any longer. This caused me to sigh in disappointment.

Dot: "You're lucky that the doctor and nurses believed that you were an extremely petite girl." he informed me with a laugh.

I turned my head next to me to see my mustache friend.

Me: "Pot." I called out as I coughed a bit.

Dot: "It's Dot and you sure did one hell of a job getting hurt. Be more careful next time." he scolded me.

Me: "Yes, sir." I said hanging my head down in shame.

He laughed before reaching over and rubbing my head.

Dot: "Now then, what can you tell me about this Titan that killed other Titans. His name was Eren, correct? I heard that you were with it for quite a while as you gave it support. Tell me about him." he ordered me.

I was shocked to find out that it was Eren. From what Armin said, he was dead, did he reincarnate as a Titan? Nevertheless, I began telling him about as much as I could about him as the Titan. He smiled when I told him that he saved me from death. I assume he took this a good sign or something.

Once I finished explaining. He nodded his head several times before standing up.

Dot: "Alright. Let's go have a chat with this Eren fellow." he told me before walking over to the bed I was on.

He handed me a simple white shirt before helping me sit up as I flinched in pain. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder as I slowly stood up.

Dot: "Also, I finally have a name for the Iron Chariot." he stated as we walked to the door.

Me: "You did? What did you name it." he asked.

Dot: "A tr-" he tried to say before a loud explosion echoed in the distance.

The two of us only looked at each other before walking out the door. There was something more important at the moment than a name. Something told me that we should hurry. They hurried out of the hospital as I constantly flinched in pain. It was too early to move, but there was no time. I needed to do my part. So I can't just sit around and be useless. We got onto the horses and made our way towards the direction the smoke was coming from. I really didn't want to get on a horse, I knew that it would be painful, but it was the fastest option. 

We rode for a few minutes before arriving at the source of the explosion. I stayed on the horse as Commander Pixis got off his horse and walked over to where he assumed the one in change was since we were greeted with the sight of a large number of Garrison soldiers surrounding three people near a large cloud of smoke with guns and cannons pointed at them and the sound of someone screaming. I saw Armin standing in bravely in front of Eren and Mikasa. I looked over to see what he was facing only to see Kitz slowly raising his hand. I panic and made the horse gallop towards Armin. I still had no idea how to ride a horse, so I was hoping for the best.

All the soldiers in my way panic as I cried out for them to get out of the way. They managed to move out of the way. This caused a lot of chaos which caught everyone's attention. The horse went towards Armin, who suddenly panic since the horse wasn't stopping. There was only one way for me to get off at this point. I only hope that Armin will forgive me. Right as the horse galloped passed him, I quickly jumped towards him.

Me: "Armin!" I called out as I fell towards him.

I fell onto him causing us both to fall down to the ground. I only cried in pain as it was a hard landing. It may have softened since I landed on Armin, but it still hurt a lot. I slowly pushed myself up to see that I was on top of Armin with our faces close to each together. He seemed shocked at first, but his face suddenly turned red for some reason. Was he sick?

Me: "Sorry... I didn't know what else to do." I apologized as I flinched in pain.

Armin only panic as he attempted to help me up. I thanked him as I stood in front of him. As long as I was here, Kitz wouldn't dare attack. He began yelling/ordering me to get away, but I refused. Lucky, Commander Pixis walked up to Kitz and grabbed his arm.

Dot: "That's enough. As always, despite having a large body, you're feeble as a fawn." he stated.

Kitz: "Commander Pixis?" he said in shock.

Dot: "You know damn well that once (F/n) decides to do something, she's going to do it one way or another. Just look at her. She's using herself as a shield to defend them. I'll take over from here, you go take command of the reinforcements. I think it's best to hear what they have to say." he stated.

From there, we made our way to the top of Trost's Inner Gate. Armin, Mikasa, and Eren began explaining everything to us. Commander Pixis was walking by the edge of the wall looking down at the Titans while I stood between him and everyone else.

Dot: "I see. So you say that all the answers lie within that basement." he asked.

Eren: "Yes. Do you believe me?" he asked.

Dot: "As long as you yourself aren't certain, I'd say I can only keep it in mind at best. However, I believe myself capable of seeing the truth of things. I shall guarantee your safety." he reassured them.

We all let out a sigh of relief. I was glad that Commander Pixis was going to keep them safe.

Dot: "Recruit Arlert, was it?" he called out.

Armin: "S-Sir!" he responded nervously.

Dot: "Earlier, you said that if we unitize this "Titan power," it'd be possible to recapture this town, did you not? Dud you truly believe that or was it a vain act of desperation?" he questioned him.

Armin: "It was... both! What I was trying to say back then was that Eren could carry the large boulder to seal the destroyed gate in his Titan form. It's an idea that I came up with on the spot, but I hoped the possibility to break out of this deadlock could be seen in Eren's power. Of course, it was all a genuine attempt to survive." he told him.

Dot: "A genuine attempt to survive... the most trustworthy words I'll ever hear." he stated as he walked passed me and towards Eren, who was sitting on the ground.

Dot: "Well, Recruit Yeager? Can you seal that gate?" he asked as he crouched down to his level.

Eren: "I... well... I don't know. I'm just as clueless as the rest of us present here. So, regardless of whether I can do it or not, I can't answer half-heartedly." he said honestly.

Dot: "Oh, that's true. I apologize. That was the wrong question. Will you do it or not- which is it?" he asked him as he looked at him with a deadly serious expression.

Eren: "...... I'll do it... I'll do it! I'm not sure whether I can or not, but I'll do it!" he announced to everyone.

With that being, Commander Pixis went ahead and called out to the officers below to prepare everyone. He began giving a speech to everyone and gave them the chose to leave, which many tried to do only to stop when he stated that their families will all experience what they did that day if they fail to stop the Titans. That was all it took to convince them to stay. Once he finished saying that, he began telling everyone that Eren was going to seal up the wall with his Titan power.

As the speech came to an end, something caught all of our attention. To the East, we heard the sound of a loud whistling noise. We all looked over to see a dark object making it's way towards us as white smoke came out from the top of it. Everyone looked towards it with shock and confusion because they didn't know what it was, but Commander Pixis and I knew what it was. One of my finest piece of art. The Iron Chariot. It slowly came to a stop behind us as it released a lot of smoke and a loud hissing noise. The large object presented itself to everyone below. It had a two dozen Howitzer cannons place in the iron rail cars for defense. It could carry a couple hundreds of people if we only used transport rail cars, but this version was outfitted for pure combat and transport of supplies.

Dot: "What you see before you is one of many gifts from our Goddess! She has created a new form of transportation and weaponry! What you see before you is the future for humanity. Behold!" he yelled out as he lifted his hand to it.

Dot: "The new form of long-distance transportation, the train!" he presented to everyone.

With this, he has more than a good chance to take back Trost. Years of research and development to create the steam engine. With that, I was able to create this beautiful piece of art. But the steam engine is what will guide humanity to the future and help me achieve my dream. I will reach the Heavens!

Have you ever notice that Levi is always looking out for (Y/n)? It feels as if he thinks of him as his own child. This is could be a good thing for him, but it could be just as terrible if something were to happen to (Y/n).

-Erwin Smith

The next chapters will be Boku no Hero Academia and High School DxD chapter 7. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4.3K 30
------ a college au in which y/n runs into a seemingly toxic old flame and finds herself in the middle of a love triangle. began writing: jan...
85.9K 2.4K 24
"๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฐ๐จ๐ซ๐ฅ๐, ๐ฌ๐จ ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ?" ๐™๐™„๐™‰๐™„๐™Ž๐™ƒ๐™€๐˜ฟ - Y/N is a working camgirl who adores her body an...
2.1K 37 17
Someone who seeks calm with stars while in a world filled with destruction and terror. Y/N has always been infatuated with stars; she thought they we...
36.4K 1.3K 47
๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜”๐˜ช, ๐˜ข๐˜ฌ๐˜ข ๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜บ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜”๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ด, ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ช๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜—...