The Oddity (Harry Potter Read...

By Olesan3

Y/N Malfoy was the younger sister of Draco Malfoy and youngest child of Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy. Because o... More

The Hogwarts Express
First Lessons
A...Friend?
All Hallow's Eve
Quidditch

The Sorting Hat

1.9K 76 46
By Olesan3

The journey hadn't lasted quite as long as Y/N had thought.

Everyone was now exiting the train. Y/N followed Ron and Harry as they made their way over to a really tall man, who had long unkempt hair and a long wiry beard.

"Right then.First years. This way please!" He called loudly beckoning them over with his hand. Harry kept walking until he was directly in front of him.

"Hello Harry." The large man greeted."Hi Hagrid." Harry replied. Ron and Y/N stared up at the man. "Wow." Ron says in awe.

"Right then into the boats now. Follow me."

Hagrid lead the many first years over to the large rowing boats. Y/N had gotten separated from Harry and Ron as they everyone piled onto the boats.

____

After they had all exited the boats they entered the large castle. Y/N had spotted her brother near the front and so lingered quietly in the back as they all walked up a large set of stairs.

"Welcome to Hogwarts!" An older woman who wore an old hat resembling that of a witchs' hat atop her head spoke loudly. "Now in a few moments you will go through these doors and join your classmates but before you take your seats you must be sorted into your houses." It was then that Y/N spotted both Harry and Ron, both stood right at the very front along with Draco.

"They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Raveclaw... and Slytherin." She pronounced Slytherin more sternly making her feelings about the house known.

"Now while you're here. Your house will be like your family." This made Y/N feel cold. She didn't want to have her family being those of the Slytherin house they'd just isolate her...just like her real family does.

"Your triumphs will earn your points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year the House with the most points is awarded the House Cup-"

"Trevor!" A small boy interrupted excitedly as he ran forward. He looked up at the teacher in slight fear. She looked at him with a stern gaze but also slight confusion. "Sorry." He mumbled quietly before retreating back down the steps. The woman disregarded his apology before continuing her speech.

"The ceremony will begin momentarily." She then walks away.

It hasn't even been a second later until Y/N heard a familiar voice pipe up. "It's true then, what they're saying on the train Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts." Y/N moved further into the crowd as everyone gasped and began to murmur, hoping he does not see her.

"This is Crabbe and Goyle and I'm Malfoy, Draco Malfoy." A snort can be heard and Draco turns his head angrily to the side. "Think my name's funny do you? No need to ask yours," He pauses narrowing his eyes accusingly. "Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasley." He spat hatefully.

Y/N felt awful in that moment as though she was going to be sick.

Draco then turned back to Harry."You'll soon find some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort I can help you there." Y/N saw he had his hand outstretched and she hoped with all her might Harry didn't take it.

"I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself thanks." Harry replied curtly making Draco's face go sour and Y/N let slip a small smile as she looked to the ground.

The woman reappeared and tapped Draco's shoulder who moved away from Harry but not without a glare.

"We're ready for you now."

The smile is wiped off Y/N's face and everyone starts moving.

They enter a large hall filled with other students sitting at four large tables. Y/N blended in with the crowd, head down making sure not to be seen.

Y/N looked up at the ceiling for a moment she thought the hall had no roof but a familiar voice from beside her told her otherwise. "It's not real the ceiling, it's bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about in Hogwarts: A history." Y/N turned to see Hermione standing beside her and she wondered when she had gotten there. She nodded in acknowledgment and smiled politely as they continued walking.

"Can you wait along here please." The woman motioned to just in front of the three steps which led to a large golden stand and a long table filled with who Y/N presumed to be the professors.

"Now before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." Behind the woman a man with a long white beard stood, glasses adorned his face. He was old in age his wrinkles and long snow white hair and beard showed that. "I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the Dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students, also our caretaker Mr Filch has asked me to remind you that the third floor corridor on the right-hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He then sat down leaving the young students with both bewildered and fearful expressions present on their faces.

The woman then opened up a scroll. "Now when I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the sorting hat on your head," she pauses to pick up an old creased hat. "And you shall be sorted into your houses." Y/N looked away anxiously hoping yet not hoping she was put in Slytherin for her family's sake.

"Hermione Granger." The young wild-haired girl walked up the steps and to the seat tentatively.

To all of the guest years' shock the hat begins to speak. "Ah, right then. Mmm. Right! Okay. Gryffindor!" Hermione seems to relax and smiles as she is cheered for by her new house.

"Draco Malfoy." Y/N flinches at the name and steps back further. "Watch it!" A voice whispers hatefully. "Sorry." Y/N whispers embarrassed.

The hat doesn't even touch his head before it yells "Slytherin!"

"Susan Bones!"

A red-haired girl sits in the seat. "Let's see. I know. Hufflepuff!" A quieter round of applause is given as Susan makes her way over to the Hufflepuff table.

"Ronald Weasley!" The familiar red-head sits on the seat and flinches when the hat begins to speak. "Ha!" Ron lets out a gasp. "Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you! Gryffindor!" Ron visibly relaxes with a satisfied smile on his face and makes his way over to join the other Gryffindors who cheer wildly.

"Harry Potter." The applause has ended and silence engulfs the room. The boy who lived makes his way up the stairs, everyone is curious to know what house he would be put in, even is curious even Y/N.

As the hat is placed on his head everyone is still. "Hmm. Difficult very difficult. Plenty of courage I see. Not a bad mind either there's talent. Oh yes. And a thirst to prove yourself but where to put you?"

Harry shuts his eyes and whispers something under his breath.

"Not Slytherin, ey? Are you sure? You could be great you know, it's all here in your head and Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness there's no doubt about that." Harry continues to whisper to the hat. "No? Well if you're sure... better be...Gryffindor!" Many of the Gryffindors stand and applaud welcoming Harry's arrival to their house.

Many other names are called until it was just two more.

"Vincent Crabbe!" The boy noticeably gulped before making his way to the seat. The hat had been on his head for no more than two seconds when it bellowed. "Slytherin." The boy smirked making his way over to the Slytherin table. Y/N closed her eyes listening to the many cheers from the Slytherin table.

Why did she have to be last?

"Y/N Malfoy!" As her name was called everyone quietened down. Harry and Ron looked at each other with a look of shock on their faces as did Hermione.

"She's a Malfoy!?" Hermione whisper-yelled to no one in particular. "Blimey!" Ron said in reply.

Of all the whispers Y/N heard a familiar word one her father and brother and many others had called her for years; oddity.

She felt her butterflies in her stomach and light-headed her father would surely disown her, kill her if she were put in a house other than Slytherin.

Harry watched as she walked up the stairs with trepidation.

'Please, please make the right choice.' The young girl begged in her head and sat down ignoring the stares of all the students and the sneer from her brother.

"A...Malfoy hmm." The hat spoke in wonderment. Y/N looked to the ground her hands clenched tightly together with anxiety.

"Another difficult one. Difficult indeed..." The hat trailed off. "Perhaps Slytherin...perhaps Raveclaw."

Y/N felt sick at the word Slytherin but knew if she wanted to be accepted by her family she would have to endure the torment of the Slytherins.

The hat sighs loudly almost as thought it's exasperated. "Better be it...Gryffindor!" At that word Y/N's eyes widened as did the Slytherin tables', the Gryffindor tables' and her brother's. She felt sick to her stomach and stood up, hoping not to catch her brother's eyes. Dumbledore noticing the Gryffindors' slight hostility stood and clapped, his being the only round of applause to be heard from within the room.There then was a scattered applause from within the Gryffindor table before it became louder and steadier, a few cheers accompanied the fake applaud.

Y/N felt tears in her eyes as she sat herself down at the end of the table.

'How? Why?'

She clasped her hands over her eyes, hiding her tears.

"Should've known she was a wrong 'un." She heard the whisper of Ron and felt a tear escape her eyes. She wiped them harshly before looking up.

Harry looked at the girl cautiously, if Ron says the Malfoys are bad then she must be too.

A clinking can be heard. " Can I have your attention please." The woman spoke tapping her fork against a glass. Professor Dumbledore stood. "May the feat begin." Was all he said and then food appeared on every table.

The students all gasped and exclaimed joyously digging into the food before them, all except Y/N who sat still.

Quite a few teachers took notice of the young girl's solemn expression including both the headmaster and Gryffindors' head of House.

"Albus, surely Lucius won't be too happy about the house arrangements regarding the girl, it would be like throwing lamb into the lion's den for Merlin's sake!" She looked at the already ostracised girl sitting at the end of the table."She won't last more than a day, two at best Albus!"

She takes a deep breath being as subtle as she can. "I've heard of the cruelty of the Malfoys, the oddity is what they call her." She whispers harshly. "And that she is Minerva, an oddity indeed." Albus replies quietly as he begins to eat. Minerva looks at him in slight shock before shaking her head.

"Perhaps there's been a mistake-." "The hat doesn't make mistakes Minerva. You and I both know that." Dumbledore states matter of factly, eating as he does so. Minerva quietens down and looks at the young Malfoy sitting quietly at the Gryffindor table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 629 54
"Annoying pig" "Foreigner freak" Y/N Jeon is a South Korean girl who got accepted in Hogwarts. But when she encounters someone named Draco Malfoy, sh...
858 33 18
Harry Potter has a twin sister, Y/N Potter. What happens when they are separated in Hogwarts? Y/N loves her house. She hates most of the people in th...
28.8K 562 87
{COMPLETE!!!!!!!!} Y/N Narcissa Malfoy. The twin sister of Draco Lucius Malfoy. Living in the shadows of her twin brother and striving for perfection...
79.2K 2.4K 32
Y/n Potter, also known as Harry Potter's twin sister, Harry is the chosen one, while Y/n is just his sister. But once they arrive at Hogwarts, someth...