The Risen [John Seed]

By lxurente

》they call her an angel. then she met him... 《 More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 1

4.7K 57 37
By lxurente

"Angel, can you come down here? I need your help with these packages"

"Yes, sure!"

The young woman ran down the stairs quickly, but carefully. She turned right and gently pushed the door to the great temple. The sounds of her delicate tread on the ground, echoed throughout the building. The light pierced through the huge windows, covered with colorful stained glass. It was late afternoon, but the sun was still high.

At the far end, of the church stood a tall man, dressed in a gray suit with a white characteristic shirt underneath. He had his hair stuck in a bun and on his eyes were placed yellow glasses. He stood in front of a huge pile of cardboard boxes.

"More boxes?" the smiling girl asked, when she came to him.

"Do not rush on me. Most are yours."  he admitted and sent a smile back. She hit his arm playfully and chuckled. The boxes were really big, but she took three of them and walked towards the door.

"Be careful, sweetheart!" she heard behind her back, what made her smile.

Using her leg, she carefully opened the door. The sun with a breath of fresh air suddenly hit her face. She took a deep breath and went towards her goal. Thank God, their home was not far from the temple.

"Hey, Angelina! Do you need some help?" A sweet female voice called to the girl.

"No, thank you, Faith, but Joseph needs it for sure!" she responded and smiled to the blond woman in the beautiful short dress.

She put the boxes in front of the brown door. The house was all white and wooden. It was really huge compared to the old one. The area was quiet and peaceful. Cherry trees around it added even more charm. She opened the front door gently and moved the boxes across the threshold. The interior of the house still smelled as if no one lived there, even though they had lived there for three weeks.

On the ground floor there was a white kitchen, a small bathroom, a large living room with exclusive furniture and wooden stairs to the top. Upstairs, there were three bedrooms and another a little larger bathroom. One bedroom belonged to Angelina, the other to Joseph, and the last one served as a room for Joseph's brothers and sister when they arrived.

The young woman pulled a dusty photo out of the box. She wiped it gently with a handkerchief. Her eyes widened and she covered her open mouth with her hand. In the picture she was with Seed family. She stood next to Joseph and behind them were Jacob and John. Faith was sitting on the floor, holding one hand on Joseph's thigh. She placed that one on the fireplace where everyone could've seen it.

Joseph was like a father to Angelina who she has never had. He took her under his wing when she was only 12 years old (now she is 23). She trusted him more than anyone else. Then his family became her family. Loving and caring for her.

The girl gave back this love, maybe not to John. He was always sure that every woman loves him. In one word he was pathetic in her eyes. He was the youngest brother. Nine years older than Angelina.

Jacob was the oldest. He did not like to show emotions, but he defended the girl like his younger sister. He taught her to hunt and defend herself. That's why she is so strong now.

And Faith was a sweet, best friend. Only a year older. She loved everyone and everything, especially Angelina.

Why was the church mentioned? Joseph is a father, and each of his siblings is a herald. They have a cult. Eden's Gate. The young girl believed in everything, but she didn't go through the process of becoming one of them. Not because she didn't want, but Joseph decided like that. That's why they call her The Risen. John is The Baptist, Jacob - The Soldier, Faith - The Siren. They all have their job, now, when they moved to the Hope County, each of them has own area.

She slowly pulled out things in her bedroom and put them in the cupboards. She repeated to Joseph that she didn't need many lockers, but he did not listen. As always. He always knew what was best for her and wanted her to be safe.

"Are you alright?" a voice of the man came out from the door.

"Yes, I just need to pull off some more stuffs and I'm done" she responded to man with the hairbun.

"Do you like it?"

"Wha- ohh, yes. It's much bigger than old one! And I love the area, what about you?"

"Yeah, me too. God really has good taste"

They both chuckled and he left her to finish her job. He was really religious, but it doesn't change the thing how awesome human being he was.

◾◾◾

After a few days of ending the move, there was finally time to rest. Joseph spent most of his time in the church. He said he wanted everything to be perfect before the first major ceremony. Angelina didn't know what was supposed to be so important, but she did not pay much attention to it.

A young woman spent time before dinner outside. It was a sunny day. Between the two cherries that were on the right side of the house was a hammock. She loved spending time there reading books. This time, she closed her eyes and dreamed about everything. Delicate sunshine touched her flawless complexion.

"I see you've settled down already"

"Shut up, John"

The youngest of the Seeds approached the girl, but she didn't pay him any attention. She didn't even open her eyes, she recognized him after his voice.

"What are you doing here, by the way?" she asked while she was watching the sky.

"Joseph invited me for the dinner" he admitted sitting on the girl who layed on the hammock.

"JOHNNNN" she cried with embarrassment when she felt his weight on her stomach. She got up and pushed him, then he got up laughing.

She left him and went back to the house. John stood there for a moment alone. He was proud of himself. His favorite activity was teasing her, what made him laugh. He knew that if he said "you look wonderful", she would say "shut up" anyway. The only person the girl had enough was... John.

Angelina pulled the turkey gently out of the oven, which she put in two hours ago. She was wearing an apron, to not stain the new white dress from Faith. Carefully holding it in two hands, she put it in the middle of the table.

"Cute. I'd like to have one too" the man admitted pointing on young woman's apron.

"If you want it, you can have it" she smiled with irony and pushed the apron in his chest.

He rolled his eyes as he throw it away. He sat at the end of the table and began to play with forks.

"In time!" she admitted as she saw Joseph when he just came to the house. He smiled to her and went to greet his brother.

"You're earlier than others!" Joseph said when he joined his and John's forehead.

"I wanted to help Angie with dinner" he replied as he sat down again.

The young girl wanted to deny it, but she only opened her eyes wider and raised her eyebrows. She sat down opposite John, because there was only a free place there. Her fingers touched the fork when suddenly others knocked on the door. Jacob and Faith. After a short welcome, everyone sat down at the table.

"I'm so proud of you, gorgeous. It's gonna be your first speech!" Faith said to the girl placing her hand on her arm after a quiet dinner.

She shooked her head and looked at Joseph. He just cleared his throat and took plates to the kitchen. Now, she understood why it was supposed to be that important. She tried to hide surprise and rage. She could not expose to John's teasing about what she must confess. The girl looked at Faith again with a fake smile.

"Yeah, I'm really excited about this" she admitted nodding her head.

"Sorry" Jacob choked by his laugh. He knew after her face that she didn't know anything about it. The weirdest things could make him laugh.

"Can we talk in private?" Angel asked Joseph when she approached him. He nodded and they went upstairs to her room. Faith was confused. She was wondering if she told something wrong.

"Now, explain everything" she said and crossed her arms over standing in front of him. He holded his hands in the pockets and looked down.

"I'm waiting?" she repeated.

"I wanted you to give a speech today at the ceremony. But you don't need to get ready, papers aren't needed. It needs to be from your heart. God will tell you what to say." he tried to cheer her up, but in her gaze was definitely confusion.

"I don't have a choice, don't I?" she spoke as she shooked her hand.

"We all have a choice, but you would make me really happy, if you agreed" he told when he placed his hands on her shoulders with a smile. The girl just nodded and gave a little smile. He went and closed the door to let her get ready.

She walked towards her wardrobe. She was looking over her clothes trying to choose something perfect for today's ceremony. She gently pulled out a red silk dress over her knee. It was on thick straps with a heart-shaped neckline, tapered at the waist which emphasized her figure.

Perfect.

She reached out to the lock on her back to pull it off. She rolled her eyes when she realized that she couldn't reach it. Normally she would call Joseph for some help, but the whole family was at home.

"Damnit" she said to herself standing in front of the mirror still trying to pull it off.

"Angel, Joseph wanted to ask if you are rea... you need some help?" she heard voice at the door. It was John. The young woman turned back and stopped doing what she was trying to do. She cleared her throat and slide down her hips to correct her dress.

"Maybe" she responded to him. He closed the door behind him and walked towards her. John was trying to don't show his emotions, but inside he was happy that she finally said something in the different tone than usual. Nicer.

"I said maybe, not yes" girl said as she took a step back. John rolled his eyes.

"You really want to go there in this?" he asked with a smirk. She bitted her lips what made John feel crazy, but he tried to stay focused.

"Come on, turn back" he ordered her as she listened.

He held one hand gently on her back, and with the fingers of the other hand grabbed the lock. She took her hair forward, so it would not bother him. Slowly, he began to move it down. The girl never felt him as close as it was then, which frightened her, but some part of her wanted it. He gently moved the lock until he saw the back of her bra. White delicate lace. He stopped for a while when suddenly he reminded himself to concentrate.

"Okay, thanks John" she said in little confusion, because she started to enjoy that. The girl turned back and looked at him with a little smile and red cheeks holding her dress to don't fall. He stood for a awkward moment, but then he cleared his throat and nodded. The man walked toward the door and left.

"Thank God, that one doesn't have lock..." she thought and took the red dress in her hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 4.7K 50
When the Deputy reeks havoc on the Project at Eden's Gate, the Seed family will sneer and curse at the unforgivable sins committed by the nonbeliever...
28.6K 1.2K 51
After taking one wrong turn, you end up in the territory of Jacob Seed and his followers. Pleased about the new addition to his mind games, he takes...
29.1K 1.1K 22
Completed Story! Ah, that feels so nice to finally say! "Though I cry, I get no response; though I call for help, there is no justice. He has blocked...
147K 880 16
This is The Book of Joseph. Only a couple thousand were made and given away to those who bought the Mondo edition of Far Cry 5. I thought this woul...