Encounter [Boku No Hero Acade...

By Honey-Kim

At such a young age of 4, [Y/N] [L/N] was able to manifest her quirk. Just like Katsuki, but is her quirk pow... More

Chapter 0.5: beginning
Chapter 1: U.A.
Chapter 2: Ready.. Set-
Chapter 4: Morning
Chapter 5: Combat Training
Chapter 6: Alarm
Chapter 7: Rescue Training
Chapter 8: Evildoers
Chapter 9: Battle
Chapter 10: Fast Approaching
Chapter 11: Starting Line
Chapter 12: Sports Festival
Chapter 13: Explodo Kills
Chapter 14: Cavalry Battle

Chapter 3: Start!

13.8K 433 366
By Honey-Kim

"Found it..!" Y/N sighs in relief and slid the large door open, she then heads towards her chair that was according to their seating arrangement while some people in her section looked at her in curiosity. Y/N then sat on her chair as she puts her bag on the side of her desk.

"She's the one who placed second, right?" One of Y/N's new classmate asked, "I don't really know their names..-" Another answered, "I heard she tied with that red head.. woah- she's pretty, I wonder what her Quirk is."

"Hey! Nice to meet you!" Someone beside Y/N greeted, "Nice to meet you too." Y/N turned to face her and smiles, feeling a bit awkward around new people, "I'm Mina Ashido!" Mina said while pointing to herself with her thumb, "I'm Y/N L/N!" After some time, the two started getting along pretty well-- talking about their Quirks and random.

Bakugo clicked his tongue as he glanced at Y/N and puts his left foot on his desk then resting his hands on his pockets, the person with eye glasses from the entrance exam headed to his way, "Remove your foot from that desk!" He said while pointing to the desk, "Hah..?" Bakugo said in a taunting manner, turning his gaze onto the student.

"Such an action is insulting to those who came to U.A. before us as well as the craftsmen who made this desk!" The young man's eyes widen, continuing to scold Bakugo-- Making Y/N turn her head towards them, "Like I care. What middle school are you from, you extra!?" 

The guy lowly gasped at Bakugo, taken aback with his way of talking, "I'm from Somei Private Academy. My name is Iida Tenya." Iida said with a hand on his chest, Y/N looked at them while thinking, 'Bakugo still hasn't changed?'

"Somei!? So you're a damn elite, huh..? Looks like I'll have fun crushing you!" Bakugo grins as Iida jolted with sweat on his forehead, "'Crushing'? You're awful..do you really wish to become a hero?!" Iida then stopped his tracks and straightened his posture while looking at the door, "You're.."

Everyone from the class looked at who's on the front door, "Oh, uhm..-" Izuku said, looking away in embarrassment which resulted him looking at Y/N with wide eyes, but before he could speak to her--

"Good morning!" Iida greetes, shuffling towards Izuku while introducing himself, "I am from Somei Private Academy, My name is-" Izuku puts his hands  in front of him nervously, "I heard! I-I'm Midoriya, nice to meet you, Iida."

"Oh- Izuku!" Y/N said as she waved at him, also surprised to see that they're in the same classroom, "Y/N..!" Izuku's eyes widen and waving at her too with his usual smile, a small blush trailing on his cheeks.

"Midoriya, you realized there was something more to that practical exam, didn't you?" Iida asked, making Izuku turn to face him again, "I had no idea.. I misjudged you! I hate to admit it, but you are better than me." Iida said as he gestured with his hands while looking away in embarrassment with furrowed eyebrows.

'Sorry. I actually didn't realize anything..' Izuku thought in his mind with a sweatdrop, "Oh! That curly hair! You're the plain-looking one!" The girl with a bob said, she then looked at Y/N with a bright smile, "You're the one who helped me, right?" Y/N smiled back at her and hummed as a 'yes'.

"Go somewhere else if you want to play at being friends." A man with a worn-out appearance said, laying on the floor with a yellow sleeping bag as he opened the zipper to sip a juice on a pack, "This is the hero course." Still laying down lazily while drinking it.

Y/N and the students in the class looked at him like he's an unusual creature, "Okay, it took 8 seconds before you were quiet. Time is limited." He said as he stepped out of his sleeping bag and faced Izuku with the other two while they were near the door, "You kids are not rational enough."

He then groggily looked over at the students in the room before speaking, "I'm your homeroom teacher, Aizawa Shouta. Nice to meet you." Almost everyone in the class were shocked as you are, you never have seen this pro hero, 'Homeroom teacher..!?' Y/N thought in her mind.

Aizawa took something from his sleeping bag which was U.A.'s tracksuit and showed it towards the Class A students, "It's kind of sudden, but put this on and go out onto the field."

On the Field [U.A.]

"A Quirk assessment test!?" Everyone asked in shock, "What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?" Y/N asks.

"If you're going  to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events." Aizawa answered, "U.A.'s selling point is how unrestricted its school traditions are. That's also how the teachers run their classes." Y/N nodded and kept that in her mind, "Ah.. Okay."

"You kids have been doing these since junior high, too, right?Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your Quirks." Aizawa explains while he grabs a device and shows it to the class, "The country still uses average taken from results from students not using their Quirks."

"It's not rational. Well, the Ministry of Education is procrastinating. Bakugo, you finished at the top of the practical exam, right?" Aizawa asked, making the students near Bakugo look at him, "In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

"67 meters." Bakugo answered, "Then, try doing it with your Quirk." Aizawa said as he instructed Bakugo to go over to the circle.

"You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle. Hurry up, give it all you've got." Aizawa said while Y/N carefully watched Bakugo, "Then, well.." Bakugo said, stretching his arms then positioning himself to thew the ball, "I'll add a blast to the pitch."

Bakugo took a step forward with his right foot, then threw the ball as far as he could and yelled, "Die..!" Aizawa looked at the ball from above before glancing on the device on his hand, "Know your own maximum first."

As the ball dropped-- Aizawa's device made a sound and showed how far Bakugo threw the ball, "That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero." Aizawa faced his device to the students, showing a good 705.2 meters.

"705 meters, for real?" Someone asked while raising his eyebrows, "That's too high..!" Y/N said in surprise, yet not knowing that she's capable of something more, "What's this? It looks fun!" Mina said while clasping her hands together, "We can use our Quirks as much as we want! As expected from the hero course!" 

"'It looks fun,' huh?" Aizawa asked in a serious manner, "You have three years to become a hero. Will you have an attitude like that the whole time?"

"Alright." Aizawa grinned as if he has a plan in mind, "Whoever comes in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential.. and will be punished with expulsion." Everyone jolted in shock, frightened of being expelled out of U.A., "Huh..?!" 

"We're free to do what we want about the circumstances of our students." Aizawa said and lifted his head to face Y/N and the other students, "Welcome to U.A.'s hero course!" He then continued, "Alright, demonstration's over. The real thing starts now."

-

Test 1: 50 meter dash - [The students must run fifty meters straight while using their quirks to improve their mobility. Their completion times are recorded.]

"On your mark.." The camera bot said, Y/N prepared her position and quickly looked over at her opponent before looking on the front, "Get set.." Then a loud clap was heard, gesturing that it has started.

Y/N quickly levitated herself and with the help of the wind to make herself faster. Her quirk is the mixture of her mother's[air manipulation] and father's quirk[floating]. "4.20 seconds!" the robotic voice said.

Then to the other one, he made a path out of ice by riding it- as simple as that. "4.26 seconds!" She sighed in relief, Y/N then looked back at the dual-haired boy and gave him a smile, "You did great!" 

The young man looked at her with his eyes slightly widening before mumbling a simple-- "Thanks." And as he turned around, a barely seen red flush on his cheeks suddenly appeared. Bakugou looked at him with a frown and clicked his tongue before proceeding to the gym for test 2.

Test 2: Grip Strength - [The students grasp a hand-held device that reads the force their grip exhibits in kilograms.]

Y/N hardly gripped the digital dynamometer as the the scores instantly showed up, "Ah- 53.30kg..?" She nervously laughed, hoping no one would see her score. She suddenly heard someone loudly spoke, "540kg!? What are you, a gorilla? Oh- an octopus?" Then the other one with grape hair said, "Octopuses.. are sexy."

Test 3: Standing Long Jump - [The students use their quirks to clear a sandbox designed for a standing long jump. Their distance is recorded.]

Just like the same technique earlier at the 50-meter dash, Y/N jumped and made herself float then generated the wind with her hands to make herself more faster, "Cleared sandbox!" The camera bot said.

Test 4: Repeated Side Steps - [The students move between three lines by sidestepping from one to the other]

Y/N was the second person to be called, she nervously went to where there where white three painted lines of the ground. She followed what the grape boy did and continuously repeated her side steps on the 3 lines-- which instantly made her feel tired as she thought, 'I don't even know what to do..!'

Test 5: Ball Throw - [The students were to throw a ball as far as they could using their Quirk.]

Y/N stepped towards the white circle and threw the ball as far as she could, then the ball was levitated on the air in a slow manner as the wind from below made it more faster like a small tornado, sucking it upwards in the process.

Aizawa looked at the device that is connected to the ball and showed it on the other students on class 1-A which was '∞' an infinity symbol.

"Infinity!? Like Uraraka's!" Mina said as she looked at the sky with her eyes squinting-- trying to find the ball, "Woah..! Amazing!" Kaminari said.

The last three steps were simple, it consisted of long distance run, seated toe-touch and sit-ups.

"Okay, I'll quickly tell you the results. The total is simply the marks you got from each test. It's a waste of time to explain verbally, so I'll show you the results all at once."  Aizawa said as he pressed on his device, showing a hologram that is filled with rankings based on the scores.

Y/N looked up at the screen while trying to find her name, she then sighed in relief after knowing that she has placed fourth, "By the way, I was lying about the expulsion." Aizawa said after he taps a button on the device, making the hologram disappear.

Everyone stopped as they looked at Aizawa in shock, "It was rational deception to draw out the upper limits of your Quirks." Aizawa grinned since most of the students from Class A were thinking it was true.

"Of course that was a lie, it should've been obvious if you just thought of it through." Yaoyorozu stated, while the others just gaped their mouths, "I didn't notice.." Y/N felt a sweat roll over her face.

"That was a little nerve-wracking, huh?" Sero said as he faced the others, "I'll take up the challenge any time!" Kirishima clenched his fist with a grin, while Bakugo looked away with a scowl.

"With that, we're done here. There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom, so when you get back, look over them." Aizawa says before talking to Izuku and gave him a permission slip, "Midoriya, have the old lady fix you in the nurse's office."

"Tomorrow will be packed with even more rigorous tests, prepare yourselves." Aizawa informed before going to a corner; back to the faculty office, "Go get yourselves changed back into your uniform." 

-

A/N: edited [9/27/18] 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.4K 1.1K 19
❝ꜱᴀʏ ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴜꜱᴇʟᴇꜱꜱ ᴋɪᴅ!❞ ❝ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ...❞ You are 𝐘/𝐧 𝐋/𝐧. She is a quiet girl who was homeschooled, abused, and i...
764K 22.4K 28
"Its just..." her eyes were brimming with tears. 'No please dont cry,' I silently begged, 'I can't stand to see you hurt.' "...I-I dont want to see a...
10.3K 473 41
How can someone so fragile, be so strong? °☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆°☆° Disclaimer: This book will mention adult themes such as racial slurs, sexual assault/abus...
2K 33 12
Back story... (Y/n) (L/n), a sixteen year old girl who dreamt of becoming a hero all of the time. She was born in Japan and lived there for 3 years o...