Do Better

By theyhatedime

Prezi- Do Better Sequel to Keep it on the Real All Rights Reserved, 2018 © I do not own the rights to any so... More

Intro: Do better
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21

12

4K 162 101
By theyhatedime

                              Mamé's POV

"Mommy, is daddy gonna come stay with us too?" Kj asked as I fixed his jacket.

"Daddy is working, but I'll make sure you guys get to see him." I spoke as I did the same for Nehemiah.

I was serious about leaving this house, and nothing Kenyana had to say was stopping me. We don't talk at all ever since I found out about the kiss with Stunna, but I still answer his calls so he can speak to his children. Since I know he'll be back in the Bay for the New Years, I'm leaving the house with my kids. I really can't stand his ass right now, and even though I don't want him around that Stunna hoe, there's nothing else I can do. He let her get close to him and he kept everything a secret from me. At this point I've lost so much of the trust that I had in him, and I'm not sure if he can gain that back anytime soon.

I led the way out of the house for the kids to follow. I had already put our packed bags in the car, so I locked the door behind the kids and helped them into their seats. Once they were all settled in, I buckled up in the drivers seat and backed out of the driveway. It was kind of heartbreaking that I had to do all of this because of Yatta's careless acts. All he does is tell me to chill out, but if the tables were turned he would've been going crazy. He can't be mad at the fact that he messed up and I want my space from him.

The drive from the crest to the city wasn't too long. It usually takes 40 minutes to leave Vallejo to get to San Francisco because of all the traffic, but I wasn't tripping. I was glad when we finally reached the condo I rented downtown. Financial district was always busy and reminded me a lot of downtown LA. Once I finally got the kids and all our bags settled inside, we toured around the condo in awe since everything was perfect. I liked it and the kids loved it, which made me happy.

30 minutes to an hour later and we were just chilling. It was half an hour until Karl's scheduled barber shop appointment, so we headed out earlier to just drive around the city. Once we finally got to the shop, Karl was seated almost immediately while the barber got to work on his head.

"Mommy, I wanna sit on that chair too." Cyncere tugged on the bottoms of my sweatsuit.

"You wanna sit on the chair?" I asked and she nodded. "The barber gonna cut your hair off if you do."

"Like Kj?"

"Yup, just like Kj's."

"Okay." She wiggled our of her seat and onto the floor. "Mommy, let's go."

"You wanna cut your hair?" I asked surprised. She nodded quickly and before I could reply, she ran up to one of the barbers and struggled to climb in his chair. He looked down at her and started laughing while I shook my head, heading over to them with Nehemiah.

"Cyncere, get up." I spoke but she just shook her head, facing the mirror as she touched on her hair.

"I got her." The barber spoke. "What you want, sweetheart? A line up, a fade?" He asked her. Cyncere nodded after everything he said and I shook my head laughing. The barber caught me off guard once he turned on the clippers. I was looking at him like he was crazy but he gave me a wink and moved closer to Cyn. As he got closer and closer to her head with the clippers, she moved further and further back and away from him. She stared at the clippers as they vibrated and he inched closer to her head.

"Mommy!" She screamed as leaned all the way back, sliding out of the seat.

"Girl you better stop." I slightly snatched her up. "I'm sorry about that."

"Ain't no thing, love."

Once Kj was done, I paid the small fee and thanked his barber. We headed out the shop and back to the car so we could find some
place to eat. I found a nice sushi place since Karl wanted to eat the rolls I gave him last time which were California rolls. We were seated at a booth and given menus before I ordered the drinks. I sat next to Cyn while Karl sat with his baby brother. Nehemiah hated sitting in the booster seats at restaurants so I didn't even bother asking for one. He's not that small, but his head was barely above the table.

I ordered some Cali rolls, stir fry, and a plate of teriyaki chicken. There wasn't much talking at the table since everyone was all into their food.

I slightly rolled my eyes once I read the contact name that was calling. I answered it anyway and gave my phone to Karl.

"Hi daddy!" He spoke with a smile, food still in his mouth.

"Karl, chew it down first before you choke." I spoke.

"I miss you son son. What y'all up to?"

"We're eating Chinese food! See? Me, mommy, Cyn and Nemo." He struggled to point the camera at the food and the rest of us.

"It's not Chinese food, baby. It's Japanese." I corrected him. These kids think everything is Chinese food since they love it so much.

"Hi daddy!" Cyncere smiled widely and waved while Nehemiah tried putting his face in the camera. "We eating sho-shi." She spoke. I laughed at her pronunciation.

"Aw man, without me?!" He asked. "I like sho-shi too." He repeated. I shook my head.

"Here, you can have one." Kj grabbed a California roll and stuck it in front of the phone.

"Aw, thank you boy." He pretended to take a bite and started chewing on it, causing the kids to laugh. Yatta's smile widened once they did so.

"What's your mommy eating?" He asked.

"Hmmm." Kj looked over at my plate before replying. "Noodles."

"I like noodles too, ask her if I can have some." He spoke.

"Mommy, can daddy have some of your noodles?"

I sighed and picked up one from my plate, flinging it at the screen. The kids started laughing uncontrollably as I tried to hold mine in.

"Daddy, when you coming back?" Cyn asked.

"Real soon baby, real soon." He responded.

"Okay, are you gonna stay in the old house or the new one?" Cyncere asked and my eyes widened.

"What?" He asked.

"Cyncere, baby. Finish your food."

"Okay." She picked up her chopsticks that she loved using.

The kids spoke to their father through Facetime until they were finished with their food. The call ended without us even saying a word to each other. I got the bill and paid for the food, leaving a decent tip as well before we headed back to the condo.

_______________

Yatta's POV

"What's good wit you, OG?" I had a wide smile on my face once I got into the car. Dr Dre's- Let Me Ride had his car bumping while he leaned his seat back.

"Coolin, happy ass nigga." He mushed my head.

"Watch out, blood. I know you see this crisp ass cut." I backed away from him.

"It's decent." He waved me off. "What yo ass needed to tell me? And why yo black ass so damn jolly?"

I laughed weakly and shook my head. "I'll get into that in a little bit. You tryna match?"

"Match? I'm a grown ass man, fuck I look like?" He mugged me.

"Nigga what? I said you tryna match."

"And I said what I said."

"Blood, match as in smoke. You tryna smoke sum?"

"Ohhh, that's what that shit mean?"

I shook my head. "You slow as fuck."

"Mayne I don't know all these slangs y'all youngings use nowadays." He waved me off. "Hell yea I'm tryna match, I got some
of that sticky icky."

"Old heads." I shook my head and started breaking down my weed. After rolling up, my pops lit the wood and we started a rotation. Three 6 Mafia's Undercover Freaks had my pops acting a fool while puffing on the fat ass blunt.

"Old ass dude, lemme put you on some hot shit." I grabbed his phone and clicked the home button, revealing a picture of my pops back in the day.

"I see you OG, chains just hanging." I laughed as he snatched his phone from me.

"Nigga, gimmie my shit."

I shook my head and let out a low chuckle as I blew smoke out. We didn't talk much as we listened to the old school music, so my pops started asking about the kids and Mamé.

"Blood, Mame pissed off at me 'bout a bitch I'm touring with."

"Why is that?" He rolled down the window to spit.

"She kissed me-"

"And why you let her do that?"

"I ain't let her do shit, she came up on me but Mamé ain't hearing nun. I shouldn't have let her have my phone, all this shit could've been avoided." I shook my head.

"So you ain't tell her?"

"Mamé? Fuck no, I couldn't tell her."

He shook his head. "You stupid for that. Y'all niggas married, you should've told her when shit went down."

"Dawg I couldn't, and I wasn't expecting her to ever find out. I ain't like a did sum wrong." I put my hands up in defense.

"And what if that bitch flipped the script and got yo ass in some shit with her?"

"Damn near did, but Mamé took my word for it."

"You lied to her?"

"I just couldn't tell her, I thought all this shit would blow off 'cause it ain't that serious."

"She gon lose all trust in you, that ain't no reason to lie." He shook his head as he looked over at me. "Fuck wrong with you?"

"Ain't shit wrong with me." I smacked my lips. "I ain't know what else to tell her."

"The truth? You ain't think of that?"

I smacked my lips again. "Mayne whatever, you supposed to be on my side."

"Nah blood, I'm 'posed to guide you to do right by yo lady. What you did was real stupid."

"Mayne ion wanna hear that shit." I shook my head.

"Well you gon have to, the fuck. Now you know if shit was flipped you'd be pissed the fuck off."

"Why every time me and her get into it, y'all always saying that same shit."

"Who's y'all?"

"You, aunty, Jas, all y'all."

"Cause we know it's the truth, you'd lose yo shit."

I sat quietly and focused on my blunt. I was regretting even telling him about the situation because I know he's gonna be on my head now. I know what I did and I don't need to be reminded of it. Mamé already making me feel like I fucked up and I don't need the same coming from my father.

"Better fix shit up, I ain't playing with you. Need to make sure yo family straight by any means necessary."

"You know I do."

"Y'all been talking?"

"Not really, just to the kids." I shrugged and he shook his head.

"Fix that, I'm not playing with you."

My eyes were low and red as we pulled up to the Wendy's drive through. We ordered what we needed and payed, before driving to the last window to get our food.

"Mayne I'm more hungry than a mug." I rubbed my stomach and leaned back in my seat. I turned to the direction of the window once it opened, hella eager to eat.

"I know it ain't-" The young girl spoke as her eyes widened. "Am I tripping or this that nigga Yatta?"

"Don dada." I smirked and threw up my hood. She screamed but quickly stopped herself, looking around at the others who stared at her. As she tried to calm herself down, she called her coworker over.

"Tina girl! Look who!" Her and her friend started acting a fool before they pulled out their phones to record me. My pops reclined his seat all the way back and that's when I busted out laughing.

"Niggas hungry outchea, you heard?" I rubbed my stomach.

"My fault, I got y'all." The first girl grabbed our order. "You better go crazy in Richmond like you was over east, me and my homegirls got our tickets."

"Fashooly will, good looking."

"Wait, lemme flick up."

I took some pictures with them leaning out of the window, and even had my pops hop in some too. Once we parted from them, I scrummaged through the bag to get my food. My mouth was watering as I unwrapped my food and I couldn't wait to take a bite out of it.

"This shit hitting the spot, on mamaz." My OG spoke. I nodded my head in agreement with my face stuffed, reaching for my drink. We were parked and it was dark so we stayed alert.

"You going back to the house?"

"Yeah, on the low this shit eating me up onna inside. I hate when she mad at me."

"That's good, then you won't give her a reason no more."

I laid back in my seat and devoured my food. It was hitting every spot, so I was enjoying the moment as we ate in silence.

"This used to be my shit." I licked the sauce off my fingers once Tony! Toni! Toné! - Whatever You Want started playing off his phone.

"What you know bout this?" He turned up the music a little bit as he nodded his head to the slow beat. "Real Oakland shit, I remember when these niggas came up."

"You hella fucking old, for real." I shook my head and dug in my bag for some more fries. "Don't tell me this yo simp playlist."

"Fuck outta here." He waved me off.

"You be in yo feelings, OG? You too old for that shit." I laughed and shook my head.

"Mayne, shut that shit up! Never simping, just pimping." He changed the song.

I stuffed my face until I was bloated from all the nuggets I ate. I let him know that I wanted to be dropped off at the house to be with my kids. I know Mamé was talking all that shit about her space, but I've been touring so I think she's had enough.

I didn't have any shows this week, and the next we'll be out here in the Bay. I was just in San Diego last night, so I took a quick flight up North. I've been staying in a hotel since I got to San Jose, but hopefully I'll be let back in the house so I won't have to any longer.

I got into it with Stunna a couple times on the road too. I can't stand being around her, and I think she's really out to get me. I try to keep my distance from her when we're on tour, but it seems like we're always running into each other. I'm hella close to having my sister fuck her up because I'm tired of her shit. What she did was beyond disrespectful, and she's trying to make it seem like we had something going on when we never did. That bitch been blowing me forreal.

The ride to the house was short. I was in deep thought about the situation and was hoping Mamé wasn't still mad at me. I dapped up my father once he pulled into the driveway, letting him know I would call him later on about some money moves. I pulled my key out my pocket and walked in, going straight into the kitchen to get something to drink. There was barely anything in the fridge which was odd, but I put some ice in my cup and poured the little juice that was left. I figured that the kids were asleep, but went ahead into Cyncere's room to check on her.

I was confused when I walked into the cold and empty room, but figured that she may be asleep with her mom. I opened the door to Karl's room to find the same thing.

"Hell nah." I shook my head and quickly closed his door, making my way to my bedroom. I opened the door to find the exact same. I stood shocked as I looked around, going straight to the closet to see that she had some of her clothes gone.

"She must be out her damn mind." I quickly pulled out my phone, pacing back and forth. She didn't answer the first time, so I blew up her phone. Every time the call went to voicemail, it pissed me off even more. The cold room soon became hot as I paced around. I was keeping myself from breaking or throwing something, but quickly clicked accept when she called back.

"Hello?"

"Where the hell y'all at?" I tried to control my anger.

"What you doing at the house?" She asked.

"What you doing not at the house?" I rephrased her question.

She sighed. "I was serious about needing my space."

"Mamé!" I slightly yelled. I sighed to keep my anger from building up again. "Mamé, baby what are you talking about?"

"The way you're acting...."

"How I'm acting?"

"You're acting like you're not even married. I don't care what you say, you let her get that close to you and you let her kiss you. Then when I get mad, you act like I don't have a reason to."

"You just overreacting." I shook my head.

"See, that's the shit I be talking about. I have a reason to act the way I am, you made me."

"Where the hell you at? I'm finna come get you."

"No. I'm fine where I'm at."

"Mamé, I wanna see my kids."

"Okay. I'll drop them off with you tomorrow and you can spend the day with them-"

"Girl, you must be fuckin crazy. Come home blood."

"Bye." She hung up but I called her right back. "What?"

"I'm not playing wit you. Send yo location, I'm
finna come pick y'all up."

"No! Kenyana, you're not understanding. Im not going back to that house with you and neither are my kids."

"Our kids." I corrected her. "Lemme at least talk to them."

"Okay..." She sighed before pausing for a while. "Wait, they asleep."

"Mamé stop fuckin' playing with me I know they ass ain't sleep. Put my kids on the fuckin' phone and send yo fuckin' address because I'm finna come fuckin' get y'all."

"No. I'm finna hang up on you again."

I shook my head because she was getting me tight. "You really pissing me off, blood. Send me yo' fuckin' location." I spoke before she hung up. I called her right back, but it went straight to voicemail. A couple times more and I got pissed quick. Just when I was about to throw my phone, I hurried to see if her location was still on. Once I found that it was turned off, I had to restrain myself from throwing my phone.

It felt like something came over me, causing my blood to boil. She for sure knew how to piss me off, but that's just going to result in me acting crazy.

In a few days I'll be back to touring and I'm expecting my wife and kids to be back in the house by then. In my opinion none of this was ever that serious for her to be leaving with my kids. It could've all been worse, like if I actually did something with her. But I guess she just needs her space to get out her feelings so we could be back to how we were.

I sighed and took a seat on the bed, kicking off my shoes before laying back with my mind in deep thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 4.3K 29
When Rain J falls in love with her step brother and his best friend her life goes down hill(ALL MUSIC GOES WITH STORY)
15.2K 563 32
Sequel to Bestfriend‼️ Read and enjoy!
67K 2.4K 20
Just read 💙
6.4K 162 34
The tittle Says it all. So Read, Enjoy, Vote, And comment. Tag a Friend and Haters will not get Blocked. Be Honest with me and tell me how I can Impr...