The Twilight Veil (Link X Rea...

By catfishhamsterlady

COMPLETED- 2018 "Where did you come from?" Ilia asked and that's when everything stopped. Where did I come fr... More

Hello!
-Prologue-
-Twilight Takeover-
-Preceding Time-
-New Friends-
-Panicking Partners-
-Joking Heroes-
-Journey Together-
-Mission Children-
-Cheating Wrestler-
-Hot Arrows-
-Drowning Fears-
-Dark Waters-
-Ghost Tears-
-Hurt Hearts-
-Beautiful Memories-
-Cool Dude-
-Dumb Differences-
-Friendly Kidnapping-
-Cold Anger-
-Trading Places-
-Many Tasks-
-Spider Leg-
-Sudden Doubts-
-Unspoken Truth-
-Anxious Guilt-
-Selfish Thoughts-
-Controlling Thoughts-
-Scared Beauty-
-Goodbye Friend-
-Looming Death-
-Fighting Chance-
-Epilogue-
-The Author-
-Soon-
AYO LOOK, LISTEN!! (Authors note)
NEW BOOK!

-House of Memories-

1.5K 65 7
By catfishhamsterlady

A small twilight girl sat by herself, playing in the river of darkness. She smiled and lifted her robe, the girl about 7, and waded inside. The dark water cooled her feet, and she smiled while splashing around. The girl giggled happily, content with playing herself. The girl had tried to make friends with the other tribe members, they just didn't like her.

The twili's hair had been braided up into an intricate design. The girl smiled as it stayed when shaking her head. Her mother had sat her down with shaky hands, braiding it as the girl sat perfectly still. If she squirmed her mother would pull and it would hurt.

The small girl giggled again and sat in the water, her robes soaking. The sound of tapping feet upon the metallic ground caused her to turn. The small girl's sharp eyes darted to the intruder. There stood a boy slightly older than her. He stood watching her with big eyes. "Water." He mumbled and carefully padded over to the rivers edge. The boy took off his footwear and set it down before slipping off his own robe. All that was left were his trousers.

The girl watched the boy carefully, weary he'd attack. The boy glared at the girl. "Wimp, won't even go into the deep end." He said wading in. "That's why girls suck." He boasted. The girl glared as the boy went into the river, swimming into the deep end. For a moment she watched him. "Wish I could do that." She mumbled softly, the boy turned. "Well why don't you?" The girl frowned. "Can't swim." The boy began to laugh. "You suck! Can't even swim."

In a fit of rage the girl grabbed his clothes and threw them into the river. "No! You suck!" She said and ran away hearing the boy shout angrily.

The next day the girl returned to the river crying softly. Her daddy had hit her again. He wanted her to use magic but she couldn't muster it. Well, the girl had mustered magic but all it did was squeak. She sighed and wiped her tears, staring into the river. "Why're you sad?" The girl turned to see the boy again, this time in different clothes.

"This is my river, go away!" The girl said angrily. The boy seemed to smile, with that slit mouth of his it was hard to see. "You're a baby!" The girl glared. "No I'm not." The boy smiled and ran over to her. "You're a baby!" He sang as the girl stood. "Am not!" He giggled as she huffed. "You're better, so you're not a baby." The boy suddenly noticed blood seeping through her cloak. "Who hurt ya?" He asked reaching for it. "No one! I tripped." The girl said turning away. The boy shrugged and grabbed her cloak. "Lemme help." He mumbled quietly.

"No!" The girl screamed as he pulled down her robe enough to see her shoulder. "Shut up and stay still." The girl pouted as the boy cast a spell. The girl watched with wide eyes as he effortlessly healed her wound. "Woah! Teach me!" She said grabbing his robe. The boy shook his head giggling. "Nope!" The girl pouted before smiling. "I'll be your best friend!" The boy thought and then beamed. "Deal!"

After weeks of teaching the girl how to control the little magic she had, the two had become good friends. One particular day the boy had come wearing some fancier clothing and carrying a robe. The girl stood there awaiting her friend. The boy looked at the girl with his chest puffed out. "You're gonna marry me!" He announced throwing her the robe. The girl looked at it and blinked. "What? No I'm not." The boy pouted. "Yeah! And you'll be the queen." The girl giggled. "No! I can't be." The boy frowned. "Why not?" The girl beamed. "Because we're best friends." The boy glared and crossed his arms. "No! I wanna marry you, you gotta be my wife!" The boy said sternly.

The girl crossed her arms. "No." She said simply. "You gotta bring me a flower first." The boy's mouth gaped open. "But there are no flowers here!" The girl smirked. "Then I guess you aren't marrying me." The boy looked at the robe the girl carried, obviously too big for her. "Well, keep that. I don't need it." The girl looked at the robe with wide eyes. "Woah." She whispered and hugged the boy. "Thank you!" The boy hugged back giggling.

When the girl turned ten, the boy thirteen, he had thought to teach her swimming lessons. Well, they went terrible. The girl almost drowned and the boy had to hold her while she cried. He noticed the black indents on her fair skin. "You've been hurt a lot." He mumbled softly. The girl nodded. "Yeah, it's normal. Don't you get hurt too?" The boy shook his head. "Nope." The girl sighed softly as she wiped her tears. "Oh, okay." The boy huffed. "That's not nice." She shrugged. "My parents aren't." The boy sighed as they held each other a bit longer.

At fifteen the boy was maturing into a young man. He held himself tall and the younger girl seemed to notice it and appreciate it much more. "Wow! You have your whole life planned out for you then?" The girl asked smiling, the boy nodded. She lay on the river bed, now growing into her robe. The boy began to notice her maturing as well, the black decorations on her body growing more intricate. "Well, when you're king then you're gonna forget about me." The boy looked at her with wide eyes. "I would never forget about you." He whispered. "You're the only reason I ever step out of the palace." The girl giggled softly and slapped his hands away. "I'm glad..." she whispered softly and laid back down. The boy sighed and played with her hair. Anger boiled within him, she seemed to have a new scar every day.

At sixteen the boy had enough. The girl had come to the river limping today. She was hiding the fact she was crying and the boy was fired up. "What happened?" He seethed and held her up. The girl shook her head and bit her lip. "If you do not tell me now I shall march myself all the way to the village and demand for your parents. I shall publicly humiliate them and demote them and you will live with me." The girl grabbed him with terror in her eyes. "Please no." She whispered, the boy sighed and held onto her. "I'm sorry." He whispered. For a moment he could feel the madness buzzing around the area. "I don't know what came over me." She sighed softly and the boy sat her down. "My father... he wanted me to marry someone and I said no." The boy frowned. "So? Isn't that your choice?" The girl sobbed as he cradled her in his arms. "He beat my legs until I couldn't walk on one." The boy growled and held her close. "I'll always protect you. Don't worry."

The boy was seventeen when he heard about a murder suicide in his kingdom. His cousin was curious about it. "Yes, I believe they had a daughter. She is fourteen." The boy snapped into attention and stood, leaving the hall. His cousin called as he left. There he found her sobbing in a pool of blood. The boy leaned down and grabbed her hand, slowly pulling her up. She was completely clear of blood. "My father... he... he!" She sobbed into his arms and was brought to the castle. The girl stayed with him, no one questioned.

The girl slept beside the boy that night, the boy watched over her as she lay peaceful. He smiled and ran his hands through her hair. He had unbraided it so he could calm her down. She held onto his robes tightly, her small form twisted in fear as she slept. The boy sighed and looked her over, kissing her head. "It's okay," He murmured in her ear. "You're okay now." She seemed to relax to that.

The boy had forced himself to learn the art of braiding and hair styling. He had ordered his servants to teach him so he could please the girl. Once he had mastered it he finally went to the girl. She had asked the servants to do her hair, apologizing every time. Finally one morning the girl awoke and requested for her hair to be braided. Instead, the boy sat her down and braided it. He made it into an intricate pattern, making sure to frame her face. He turned her and smiled. "Gorgeous." He said happily before showing her. The girl gasped and twirled around in her too-big robes. "Amazing! Thank you so much!" From that day on, he styled her hair every day.

At eighteen, he began to notice the madness caving in on her. She had come back from wandering around demanding to murder someone. "We cannot simply kill for no reason." She growled angrily at this. "He stared at me. My breasts." The girl hissed as the boy sighed. "You cannot just kill someone for that. Please rest." Angrily the girl stormed inside to rest as the boy watched her. He thought for a moment and scurried away to create something.

That was the safety charm. He gifted it to her and as soon as the girl put it on the boy felt all of her madness. He sighed softly watching herself come back. That was when he started seeing his god.

At nineteen, the boy had found something about himself he was nervous to tell. "So, what's up?" She asked, sitting on the edge of his bed, kicking. "I would like to tell you something of the utmost importance." He said nervously, twitching. "I have found I do not desire sex, nor do I find the need of a romantic partner. Our friendship has fulfilled my heart enough." The girl perked up and smiled. "Oh! So you're asexual and aromantic!" She said happily as the boy tested it on his tongue. "Yes, that seems to be the right definition." The girl giggled. "Yeah, I kinda figured. You're not much of a lover to others." The boy rolled his eyes as he sat down to braid her hair.

At twenty, the boy was proud of his best friend. She was beautiful, kind and wasn't held down by anyone. Her sharp tongue was feared, her beauty envied. He was envied. Although most of the time he is envied for being prince, now he was envied for being hers. Her best friend. She trusts no one, her parents dug that deep within her. He proudly looked at her exposed back, all scars now faded. He had made sure none to be seen as she aged. He made sure she was proud of herself. He murdered many in order to keep her safe. He was somewhat feared among his people. She was the reason he would kill.

He is a dragon and she is his priceless gem. He is a knight and she is his princess. Nothing will ever tear the two apart unless it is themselves. He has been asked throughout the years to take a wife. He had realized throughout that something within him couldn't love like that. He could never think of producing an heir with his best friend or with anyone else.

She didn't think she deserved anyone, but he knew what he wanted for her. This entire tribe was banished to eternal sadness. He wanted her to be the happiest being in the world, he wanted her to have the world. She needed someone amazing that would sweep her off her feet. Someone who could provide something as truly needed. The safety she never found in her parents.

She needed another best friend.

She needed someone like him, someone she trusted with her life. Knowing that the boy was happy with it. He knew she deserved the best, he knew he couldn't give her what she deserved. She deserves to live out in her dream land, the grass. She deserves to have a hero as a man or woman.

He watched her one day, staring out at Hyrule. Something in the back of his mind whispered, "Your land. That is your land and you shall take it." That was his Master. Eating away at him and giving all of these urges, he knew soon he would snap. He knew soon she would be in grave danger if he didn't protect her from himself. That day he stepped into the castle grounds with her in tow, holding herself like the queen she was. There he saw his cousin. She was only nineteen, a year younger than him and two older than her. His cousin saw the girl and stared at the boy.

She spoke with her and was surprised how kind and funny the girl was. Afterwards the boy and his cousin entered the castle leaving the girl behind. She smiled at the boy and waved. "Good luck, love you." She said softly, the boy smiled. "I love you too (Y/n)."

That was the day Zant snapped.

___________________________________

I'm loosing my shit. Someone sent me in art! This is an OC named Aurelle who's beautiful!!!!!

I love it with all my heart oh my gooooddesssss Giccix thank youuu ❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1K 1.8K 32
#1 for the tag Breath of the Wild #1 FOR LINK X READER BABY LETS GO! THANK YOU GUYS SO SO MUCH! Dear Journal, Impa told me that writing this after L...
28 0 1
Far in the future, Link and Ganondorf battle in broken world, a fusion of the 'child' and 'adult' timelines. Hyrule is ravaged and all inhabitants, e...
623 70 13
*NONE OF THESE CHARACTERS ARE OWNED BY ME, THEY ARE OWNED BY NINTENDO ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED FOR THEM.* *****The cover for my story was drawn by @Ze...
2.7K 94 20
It was an endless cycle where he'd never fall for you. You've been betrayed and disappointment that Link will never accept you for who you are. You...