I'm The White Wolf

By shruthii

"Everett" I called him when he paused in his tracks. I looked around and realized that we were right in the m... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
EPILOGUE

Chapter 3

77.3K 2.5K 233
By shruthii

Hello,

IT’S MY BIRTHDAY :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EVERYONE WHO SHARE THEIR BIRTHDAY WITH ME :D

Chapter 3 is here for you which is dedicated to @Love_is_everywhere

Pic on the side is of>>>

*****

“The best response to any difficult situation is to keep your calm.” 
― Lailah Gifty Akitas

EVERETT P.O.V

I stared at the dead body ahead of me and started panting repeatedly. This is the first time, I ever regret killing some wolf but it had to be done.

What do I say to Templar?

In a day, she lost her foster parents just the same way she lost her biological parents. I took a deep breath and growled lowly. I totally regretted killing Allan but he wasn’t backing down.

After hearing the news of his mate, Teresa’s death, Allan immediately shifted into his wolf and started attacking everyone around him. Three girls from the pack were already fighting for life or death, after being brutally attacked by Allan.

I gulped and took a step back from Allan’s dead body. I despised myself for killing him even though stopping him was the only solution. I shouldn’t have. Dammit! Templar will not forgive me for doing this. I just shouldn’t have killed him.

“Rett” Egan called me and I turned to face him. “Shift back” he said and then threw some shorts at me. Clamping the shorts in-between my jaws, I went behind a tree and shifted back to my two-legged existence. After putting on the shorts, I stepped out from behind the tree and stared at Allan’s lifeless figure on the ground.

“Rose passed away” Egan said somberly from beside me. Rose was one of the girls who got attacked by Allan merely minutes ago. The girls were plucking fruits from the trees before they got ambushed by Allan.

I nodded and then went back to my house in the former pack.

My wolf started pacing inside me and I suppressed him back. I didn’t want him taking control of me again for the day.

Since I felt sticky, I went to have a quick shower. In the tiled wet room, I stood under the shower and clenching my fists, I closed my eyes. Templar is not going to be happy about this. She would have wanted me to calm Allan down.

Egan and I tried, but… dammit! I should have tried harder to stop Allan. What do I say to her?

Ten minutes later, when I was thrusting my arms into sleeves of a black shirt, I heard the familiar buzz of my cellphone. It was lying in the coffee table downstairs and so, I went to pick it up. It was Terence calling me and I decided to first break the news about Allan’s death to him.

“Yes” I answered as I picked up the call.

“Rett. You need to come here as s-soon as p-possible” he stuttered and I frowned. My wolf continued pacing and this time he was begging me to let him out.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, my mind immediately wondering if anything happened to Templar. Dear Goddess! What if she took the news of Teresa’s death worse than I imagined? “Where is Templar? Is she okay?” I asked Terence with a growl while my wolf howled inside me.

“She is not okay” he whispered and I gulped. My heart started hammering in my chest and I felt a terrible sense of fear engulfing me.

“What are you hiding?” I all but shouted. My wolf continued howling so that he could connect to Templar. I didn’t feel any pain, which meant she was okay but… why was my wolf so worried?

“Rogues killed Alisha and then attacked” he said and I closed my eyes shut. Please, Please don’t tell me she lost control to her wolf. Please don’t. I prayed repeatedly.

However, my prayers weren’t answered.

“She lost control and attacked all of us. She then crossed the territory” he told me in fear and I felt the ground collapsing beneath my feet. My heart pounded badly and soon my claws were out.

“Where did she go?” I whispered shakily.

“I don’t know. No one followed her. We are trying to call Sebastian, but he isn’t answering the call.” Terence said and the coughed repeatedly. Sebastian was the Alpha of Whitefield pack.

“What the hell happened to you?” I asked irritated by his cough.

“Templar tried to strangle me” he croaked and I gritted my teeth.

“Did anyone follow her?” I questioned and quickly rushed upstairs to pick up my bag. I wanted to go back to Waterwave, right now.

“Whoever tried got hurt” he said and I growled loudly.

“I will be there in the next available flight. Keep updating me on any news you get and keep trying to contact Sebastian. Also, pass me his number” I commanded. I opened my mind link for Templar but it was blocked and I suppressed a growl.

“Alright” he agreed when I zipped my bag.

“Did she hurt everyone?” I whispered the question when I switched off the room light.

There was a pause for few seconds, before Terence whispered, “Almost everyone.” Gulping, I cut the call and rushed towards Egan’s house.

Nearly, four hours later, I walked into the pack house of Waterwave pack. It was close to seven in the evening and still there was no news about Templar’s whereabouts. It’s been exactly four hours since she crossed the territory.

As I stepped in, I was shocked to see the sight that lay in front of me. Color drained from my face as I looked at them. Almost every person was injured in the pack and I stared at them gloomily.

Keith and Cam were very badly wounded compared to others. But wounded, they all were.

Cam was still unconscious but he was alive. I was informed that Keith woke up an hour ago. Trudy was still not informed about Teresa’s death and it was better that way.

I looked at Jan who was handing a glass of water, to her father, Mike, while Ophelia and January’s mother were tending wound of some fighters along with Sveta and Molly.

Jan was out at work and when she returned, Templar had already crossed the territory.

Somewhere, I could hear Luka sobbing loudly. “I’ll take care of this. You go put Luka to sleep” Trudy said taking the bandage from Sveta’s hand.

While Sveta rushed upstairs, I stared at the wound from the fighter’s leg. It was pretty deep and done by Templar’s claws. That wound might heal fast, but I think he will not be able to shift for another week or so.

I dropped my bag on the floor and slumped on the couch, and held my head in my hands. My wolf was repeatedly trying to connect to Templar but there was no response from her.

The one and only thing that had me calm in this entire scenario was that I couldn’t sense any deep pain, apart from some light stings here and there. Wherever she is, she is fine. That thought would make me sigh. But I wouldn’t completely rest until I had her back in my arms.

I just wanted my Templar safe.

Once I have her back, I would teach her to control her anger. Templar’s anger was getting out of control and she must be taught to control it. But before that, I want her back.

I rubbed my face with my palms and took a deep breath. My eyes were stinging from the lack of sleep. The strain of the day was catching up to me. So many things happened in one day. First Teresa’s death, then I had to fight and kill Allan and now, the news about Templar’s disappearance.

Wait a minute…. Something just didn’t feel right.

Every bad thing had had to happen today? This didn’t feel right at all. It was no coincidence and I I felt suspicious.

I hitched my brows together and tried to see if there was any link between all the events occurred today. However, I couldn’t come up with anything. Teresa’s death was an accident and Allan’s wrath was unexpected. Surely it wasn’t planned!

But the rogues? The rogues were already traced entering the Whitefield last night and Sebastian was already informed about it. I didn’t even want to think why the rogues attacked my pack because the rogues often attack packs just to steal some jewelry from the temple.

Surely this wasn’t planned either.

But one important question lay in my head that still made me skeptical. Why did the rogues kill Alisha first before entering the pack?

There was some connection between two events and that was Alisha’s death and the rogues attack. Alisha’s death was planned and the rogue attack too was planned. Entering Whitefield pack was only to mislead us when all this time, their main intention was to attack Waterwave and get to… Templar.

I growled viciously, attracting the attention of everyone in the room.

Ignoring them, I continued to think. They chose Alisha to get to Templar. Why Alisha? Why? Why? I ran a hand through my hair and raked my brain, when suddenly I grasped that Alisha used to work for Glen before.

But Glen is dead.

Taking a deep breath, I shook my head and once again tried to think this meticulously. Alisha used to work for Glen Ryker, who is dead now. He was killed by Templar a year ago, along with his followers. No one was spared because Myron, I and other fighters have killed each and every one of Glen’s bootlickers.

I blinked as another realization hit me like a lightning bolt.

Ryker.

Three days ago, Templar had informed me about the last two remaining Ryker clan. Glen’s father and uncle. Templar wasn’t sure about Glen’s father, but the uncle was still very much alive. I must have him checked. Surely, he wouldn’t let Glen’s death pass that easily.

I was about to ask Keith, when Terence entered the room. He seemed comparatively fine than other rouges. As soon as he spotted me, he came and sat next to me.

“Tell me everything from the start” I muttered.

‘Trudy is here’ he said through the mind link. Since Trudy wasn’t aware of Teresa’s death, we couldn’t talk about anything in front of her. Sighing, I got up and entered Templar’s office in the pack house with Terence following me.

“I want everything from the start” I demanded, sitting on a chair.

“After your call, we decided to come to Greenrock pack. I was booking the ticket, when I was alerted by the guards that the rogues have thrown a dead body near the outskirts and were already attacking. I rushed there and five minutes later, Templar joined us. As soon as she saw, Alisha’s body, she started attacking the rogues and she had killed all except one. The one that didn’t kill, managed to run away and when she tried to go after him, Keith tried to stop her because she was about to cross the territory. Keith didn’t know he was talking to the White Wolf, and by the time he realized he was already thrown to the farthest tree. Since fighting one on one wasn’t successful after I and Cam failed, we tried to ambush her. Bad just turned out to be worst and she knocked out twenty five of us fighters who were there at the moment. Out of which some were forced to surrender and retreat by her power. More than half of the wolves from the pack were out, working. We called them, but they reached much later. By the time, I regained conscious, her scent was already faint in the air, but I knew she had gone to Whitefield Pack.” he said sadly.

“Are you telling me twenty five of you couldn’t stop her?” I snarled angrily. I growled and held the hands of my chair in a tight grip, almost cracking the wood.

“Yes” he confirmed in a whisper. “She was out of control. You have seen her before. It’s only you who can stop her. And like I said, she forced many of them to surrender and retreat” he said and I growled. “Later, I called Alpha Sebastian of Whitefield pack and he didn’t pick up. I called you and after informing you, I again tried calling Sebastian and you know the rest” he trailed off and I nodded.

I definitely knew the rest. As soon as I landed in Waterwave, Terence informed me that the rogues have even attacked the Whitefield Pack.

“They attacked Whitefield after our pack?” I asked him and Terence nodded. “This is planned” I barked furiously.

“What? You mean everything?”

“I don’t know to what extent but I do know it is planned. Think about it! Why did they choose only Alisha?” I said and Terence nodded.

“Do you think Teresa’s death….?” He trailed off.

“I am not sure about that” I said and pulled out my cellphone from my pocket. I quickly scrolled through my contacts to call Egan.

“Hello?” Egan said from the other end.

“I have a suspicion that Teresa’s death isn’t an accident. Have it investigated” I said to him firmly.

“What? Why do you think so?” he asked clearly surprised.

“Just have it investigated.” I growled and cut the call.

Templar, went to Whitefield pack, killed the rogues from that pack too and hurt few wolves. By now, she must also have crossed the Whitefield pack territory.

“Did you call the Alpha of BlackRaven Pack?” I asked Terence pinching the bridge of my nose.

“Their Luna took the call and said they were being attacked by the ro-.” He said and paused, before adding with a growl, “You are right, this is planned”

“The Luna promised to call us if she finds Templar there” he continued and I nodded.

“Has our temple been attacked?” I asked him.

“They tried but they failed. A group of rogues tried to make their way to the temple. That is how I and Cam got distracted when Templar started killing the rogues.”

“The temple was their target along with Templar. They failed in one but succeeded in another” I said running a hand through my hair.

She was still in the Whitefield Pack. Alpha Grant Ganalla would call us if she reaches BlackRaven; However, I couldn’t wait anymore.

“I am going to search for her” I stated standing up. “I cannot sit here and wait for Grant or his mate to inform me. I am going to search for her” I declared.

“Rett, only roadway transport is possible from here to Granalla pack” Terence told me.

“I know. But I am still going there”

“She might already cross the territory by the time you reach there” Terence informed me and I growled.

“I cannot go all the way to Daydusk pack and wait for her to come to me, okay? Anyone might try to hurt her. She might hurt many wolves. This has to be stopped” I spat furiously. The next airport in the country was in Daydusk pack and to go to other pack, which comes between Waterwave and Daydusk, only land route was possible.

“This has to be stopped” I whispered. “I don’t know what they have planned but I know one thing that things are going the way just they want. I cannot let them win” I said and shook my head. “I am leaving” I said and started making my way towards the door.

“I am coming with you” Terence said and I stopped on my tracks. “She is my sister and I can help you in anything you want to.” His statement convinced me and I nodded.

“What about your mate?” I asked him.

“She is coming” I heard January replying instead of Terence. I whirled around to see her standing near the doorway, with her arms crossed across her chest. “If this is all planned, then this is not a matter we can take lightly” she growled.

“January” Terence spoke but Jan growled.

“Don’t you dare try to stop me” she spat at her mate. “I am coming and that is final” with that she turned and walked out.

Terence followed after her and I took a deep breath.

‘You are wasting time. Go after her. She needs us’ my wolf encouraged and I couldn’t agree more with him.

When I was in the living room, I looked around for Keith.

“Where is Keith?” I enquired Ophelia, his mother.

“He has gone to his house” she replied and I nodded. I was about to go there when Ophelia called me. “Did you find anything about Templar?” she asked me, nervously.

“She is almost close to crossing Whitefield” I said and Ophelia inhaled sharply. “I am going after her” I added.

“You should. Don’t worry about the pack” she soothed and I nodded.

“Bye.” I then hurried towards Keith’s house.

“What did you find about Ryker’s?” I inquired Keith as soon as I entered the house.

“I was on it, when…” he trailed off. When those fucking rogues attacked the pack and my mate, went after them.

“Alright. You continue searching for it and inform me as soon as you find out anything” I said and turned to walk out.

“Are you going somewhere?” Keith asked me with a confused expression.

“I am going to search for Templar. I cannot let her cross Whitefield” I answered and Keith’s eyes widened.

“Dear Goddess” Trudy gasped and I gulped.

“I will come with you” Keith said and I shook my head.

“No. I want you to take care of the pack along with Cam and Ben. I am taking Terence and January with me” I stated.

“But how can only three of you manage?” he protested.

“We will manage. Trudy needs you and so does the pack. We will keep informing you of our every movement. Just take care of the pack” I said with a growl.

He turned and faced Trudy who, with her hands resting protectively on her belly, was lost in her thoughts.

“Fine” Keith sighed. “But if you need any help, all you have to do is call” he said.

“Sure will. Just find out more about this Ryker’s because I think they are behind this” I said and he growled loudly.

“What happened?” Trudy who snapped out from her thoughts asked Keith with a baffled expression. “Is Templar alright?” she asked her tone panicky.

“She is fine” I said and Trudy let out a breath of relief. I hope she is, I prayed in my mind.

“Those good for nothin-” Keith snarled but I cut him off.

“Trust me, I know the feeling” I said menacingly and made my way out.

“I will not leave any loose ends about that filthy clan” he pronounced resolutely. I knew Keith would find every sordid detail about that clan.

Ten minutes later, I climbed into the driver’s seat of my black BMV SUV. I looked at my rearview mirror to see Terence and January getting in their BMW. I looked out of the window at Keith and Ben. I had already informed Myron and he too wanted to come but I refused.

His pack needed him and it would be selfish to ask his help especially when there are rogues lurking around.

“Call me if you need help” Keith said and I nodded.

Once again, I tried to connect to Templar through the link but it was blocked again. Her wolf was in complete control over her and it was no use connecting with her through the link.

Everything was fine even in the link and that brought me a small amount of relief.

Taking a deep breath, I started driving the car.

I promise, I will not return to Waterwave Pack until I find Templar.

****

Hope you all liked it:D

Show some love by either voting or commenting :D

I am SUPER HAPPY TODAY :D

Next update is on 5th August :D

Love,

Shruthi. Prabhanandh. Suvarna.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 576 29
~~~~~~~~~~~~ "I love you too. We should probably get going before the others get worried." I say pulling away from his hug. "Whatever you say gorgeou...
726 42 24
I shifted uncomfortably in my seat as he stared across the table at me. I could seriously drown in his eyes. He was intoxicatingly attractive and he...
69 6 11
His facial features were strongly cut, and his dark brows perfectly aligned with his symmetrical beauty. His eyes were deep and dark, while his teeth...
23.4M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...