The Number Of Six

De silkenelen

Living in a house with five original vampires, Elena Mikaelson is the only human in her family. Her oldest br... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
7
8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter deel 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter16
Chapter 17
Naamloos deel 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 19

15 0 0
De silkenelen

I woke up early the next morning, in a way too good mood because I was so distracted and ecstatic that I almost fell from the stairs, hadn't Seth been there to grab me and pull me back to my feet. I smiled him a 'thank you' and went down, a little more careful now but still hopping.
''Someone's in a good mood.'' Seth was still in his pyjamas, following my steps to the kitchen table. ''Good morning.'' His mother said.

''Apparently,'' Seth replied. I laughed and sat down, a pancake already on my plate.
''Can't a girl be happy around here?'' I asked him with my mouth full. He shook his head, wanted to say something but decided not to after looking at his mom. So he made a gesture.
''That's none of your business, god damn it.'' I replied and took my food outside. It was warm but not too warm and almost everyone was up, working or playing.

 I felt guilty not doing anything in return for everything they gave me like the room and the food. Keenai was working with Rob, building a new house. Seth was supposed to help one of the old wolves with a truck that didn't work anymore and I had nothing to do. I looked around, looking for that one person but didn't see him anywhere. Scanning the place again, my eyes met Rogan's. He waved his hand and I awkwardly smiled, while hoping he would just continue his work, which he did. When Dani walked past me, I called her but she didn't react so I figured she hadn't heard me. I called again and this time, she turned around.

''Hi. What do you want?'' Dani said.
''Nothing, I just wanted to know if there's anything I could do. Everybody seems to be working and I don't want to be just hanging around all day." She tapped her lip with her finger and a smile crept across her face.

''Yeah, there's something. Follow me.'' The girl walked in front and led the way to a place far away from the others. As we went further, I wondered what she had in mind until a dirty smell filled my nostrils.

''What's that?'' I asked her, while waving my hand to get the air cleaned.
''You wanted to do something, right?'' Dani pointed a finger at a huge pile of what looked like poo. ''This needs to be buried. We always dig a hole and throw it all in but now you came in and the guys didn't have the time to do it because you take so much attention.'' She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow. Even though she was probably right about me taking much time of the boys, this was not what I thought something urgent. ''You got a shovel?''

Dani left soon after and I was left alone with a huge stinking pile and a shovel. When I started digging, I kind of missed music. It would make things a lot more fun, as fun as digging a hole could be. Sweat soon started forming on my forehead and I wished it would be a little colder with some wind or that I had a towel or something. 

My hands were black from the dirt, so were my nails. My hair was tied back in a ponytail but half of it was sticking out somewhere. To make the time pass faster, I sang some songs I knew out of my head but soon got bored. 

When the hole was as deep as my knees, Jake came by. I hadn't seen him since yesterday, when we had walked through the woods, talking about nothing and everything, kissing once in a while and holding hands. I smiled and wanted to give him a hug but realised I was covered in mud and sweat, not the most attracting things.

''What are you doing?'' Jake asked, looking from the pile of poo to me. I frowned.
''I'm digging. The boys didn't have time for it, so I'm doing it. Dani said-''
Jake interrupted me, ''Dani said what? 'Here's a shovel, dig a hole'? And you believed her?''
I crossed my arms. 

''Are you mocking me? I wanted to help! So I asked her, she said this needed to be done and that it was my fault it hadn't yet.''

Jake shook his head, laughing. ''We never come here, only to put away the poo of the animals. It smells really bad, that's why it's so far but why would we burry it?''
''She lied?'' I threw the shovel away and stepped out of the hole, the one I had been working on for nothing. 

''Why would she do that?'' I wondered. Jake shrugged, still grinning.

''You think this is funny?'' I suddenly ran forward and rubbed the dirt all over him while he tried to get away but failed. 

''That's not girly at all!'' Jake screamed and threw more mud at me. Shocked, I threw back until we ended up in a mud fight. It was childish but it was fun and for once, I didn't have to think about anything. We were getting hungry so we went to the river to clean ourselves up before heading back to the camp.

The next day I woke up, I got a strange feeling. I couldn't point out what nor describe it, but it was definitely there. I got dressed and walked out of my room, my path crossing an almost naked Rob. ''Man, get some clothes on!'' I told him. He just grinned and pushed me against the wall, his naked upper body against my face, the muscles hard as iron. I remembered Keenai saying he thought Rob might fancy me and it gave me an awkward feeling. Trying to push him away, Seth walked by and gave us a strange look.

''Not in the hall, guys. Have a little respect.'' I had to laugh but asked Seth for help anyway, to just push Rob away or something but his brother already moved out of his own. The weird feeling was still there and I had the need to go outside, to be alone for a second, but seeing Rob and Seth here, reminded me of the 'guard' I had. They hadn't paid any attention to me yesterday, why would they today? 

So I ran off, without breakfast and wandered off. Without knowing why, I looked over my shoulder once in a while, even though I was just taking a walk.

''Elena!'' A voice yelled. I looked around and saw Willow, waving in the distance.
''Willow!'' I ran towards her, so glad to finally see someone back.
''Stop! Stop!'' She yelled and I did as she told me to but not without asking why.
''Just stay there, all right? I'll explain it but just stay put.'' I nodded and listened to her closely.

''You see, there's a border right over...here.'' Willow pointed with a stick.
''How'd you know?'' I asked her, wondering if there was something I hadn't sheen but she had.
''My mom made it. As soon as I found out, I followed her here. You know she comes here regularly?'' I frowned and couldn't remember ever seeing Willow's mom here, so I shook my head.

''But why?'' My friend shrugged and studied the invisible line between us.
''She knows when someone passes, she gets this...vibe, like when someone texts you and your phone vibrates, you know?'' I just had to laugh at Willow for comparing her mom to a cell phone.
''I'd really like to give you a hug, you know that?'' I said, feeling so close but yet far away from her. She smiled and gave me an air hug, which I returned.

''How's everyone doing? How are Elijah and the rest? Are they worried?'' I looked down, afraid of the answer. After a long silence, I looked up and saw Willow looking intensely at me.
''Fine, I'll be honest.'' The girl sighed. ''They're miserable, and by they, I don't mean Klaus and Stefan. Well, they're just worried but especially Elijah doesn't seem to hold it any longer. He's questioning everyone, he tried to compel me and I played along but I'm guessing he's doing it to everyone. I haven't seen Rebekah in a while and Damon is just running around from there to here.''

Willow sat down, her hands fumbling with the leaves. I turned around to hide my tears. What did I do the my brothers and sister? Why hadn't I just left a simple note that said: I'm fine, don't worry. They must think something terrible has happened to me.

''What exactly are you doing? I mean, it looks like you've ran away.'' Willow told me and I could feel her eyes in my back. I didn't want her to see me crying so I wiped away the tears and manned up. I told her the whole story, about how the wolves had Stefan and wanted me instead. I told her about how they kept me here and I wasn't allowed to do anything.
''I don't get Jake's like that. I thought he was the badass type.'' Willow said, her mind obviously spinning.
''And yeah, I'll give Elijah your message.'' She looked me in the eyes now.
''I'm going to find a way out, I'll be back.'' We waved goodbye and as I turned around, I spotted someone in the corner of my eye. It's Rogan, he must've been listening. Shocked and guilty, I didn't know what to say. I also hadn't spoken to him since he tried to kiss me. 

''Rogan..'' I started but didn't know what to say. He crossed his arms and shook his head.

''If Conchobar knew about this, or Jake..'' he said.
''I know, please don't say anything. I'm not going away, I just really needed to talk to someone.'' I lied, partially. I was planning on going but it wouldn't help pointing that out right now. I didn't know him well enough to trust him.

''I won't say a thing,'' he said while taking my hand, ''if you do what I tell you to, like staying away from Jake. '' I withdrew my hand. ''What? Why would I do that?'' Rogan actually laughed, I couldn't believe this. ''You want me to tell him you've got your witch friend making plans for you and giving messages through?'' No, I didn't. But staying away from Jake? Why would he want that?

''You know, you really don't even have a choice.'' Rogan simply said and walked away. I let him because I didn't know what to think of all this. After a while, I walked back to Abby's house but came across Conchobar. 

''What are you doing here alone?!'' he screamed, ''You're not supposed to be alone! Can't these fellows do anything?'' I was just about to say I had the right to be alone for a walk, until Rob spoke. ''She's with me, Conchobar. I just went to pee but I was keeping an eye on her.'' I hadn't seen him before but I was glad he had come to rescue me.

''Yeah, that's what I was going to say, if you'd stop jumping to these conclusions.'' I almost laughed at how sarcastic I sounded but Conchobar was old, he didn't notice.
''Aight, you're a good kid Rob, I trust you.'' Where after he went away, to do whatever he had been doing. ''Thanks, you're a genius.'' I told the big kid.

 ''I get you want to get out, but next time, do tell me. I can make up better lies if I have a little time.'' He smiled but I saw he was serious. Damn it. It would be hard to meet Willow if I had a dozen of wolves paying attention. I nodded and continued my way...

I stopped thinking. I'd almost though ''home''. That's how I saw the place now, as my 'home', but I didn't want to. I suddenly remember how much I missed my real family, Elijah and Rebekah. I missed them so hard I suddenly wanted to cry but Rob was still following. When I was in my room, I finally let go of all the emotions I had been holding back and sobbed my eyes out until I ran out of tears.

The next day, Jake came to Abby's place and joined us for lunch. Rob and Seth were there as well, and Dani, of course, wasn't. I hadn't talked to her about the incident and wondered why she'd been so mean. 

Was there anything I'd done to that girl? The table outside was almost set, me and Jake were finishing up the utensils when Rogan walked by. He gave me an angry look, his eyes only leaving mine for a second to give a quick jealous glance at Jake and I remembered the threat he had made yesterday. I ran after Rogan, taking his arm so he would stop walking so fast and turned to the left behind a house, out of sight. He didn't speak, he just stood there with his back turned to me.

''You were serious, yesterday, were you?'' I asked, not sure what all of this meant. Rogan growled. ''Of course I was! I don't like you hanging around that dude all day. You shouldn't. '' He almost whispered the last part, turning around to face me.
''Why not? Besides, he's Abby's, Rob's and Seth's cousin, they're family. I live with his family, how can I not see Jake?'' He shook his head and let out a frustrated sigh.
''I mostly mean in another way, seeing him. But you can avoid him, don't be somewhere if he's there. Don't talk to someone he's talking to. Go away when he comes. Got it?''
I threw up my hands in anger. ''That's impossible, Rogan! I like Jake, we're friends and I suddenly need do drop him like I don't care at all? I can't do that.''
''You can't? We'll see about that when I tell Conchobar about seeing that little witch friend of yours.''
I gave up. ''Fine, go ahead, tell him. I'll find another way.'' Rogan shook his head. ''You don't get it, do you? You may not care you'd get hurt, but what about Willow? Conchobar might go after her, or her mom could get angry. '' He was right, I hadn't thought about that. Why would anyone want to hurt Willow, she hadn't done a thing. Then again, wolves weren't easy to argue with, especially when they thought they were right. But ignoring Jake? Not feeling the warmth of his smile? Even if I wanted to, could I really? Rogan was right, I didn't even have a choice. He must've seen the defeat on my face. ''Good girl. I won't be the only one whom you've made happy. You're doing right by this.''

Lunch went a little awkward after that conversation. As I came back, I saw Rogan threatening Willow in my mind, crushing the tiny girl like it was nothing. I told Abby I suddenly didn't feel well, waved goodbye to everyone and pretended to go sleep. It was the only thing I could think of. It gave me some time to think as well. I already knew I wasn't going to be good at avoiding Jake so I needed to think of a solution and for seeing or contacting Willow again a well. This time, without anyone watching. I wished I was back in my room, looking for a way to escape the house and my brothers and that that was my only problem. I only realized now how easy life had been, what Elijah must be going through, figuring things out on his own.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

7.4K 24 17
When Alex comes to help her old friend/family out she meets his other family. She helps them in ways no one else can. She meets old friends and chall...
168K 4.1K 32
What if Hayley gave her search for a cure for the Mikaelson family up? Would someone else fight harder to save them? Maybe this person hasn't shown...
Isabella De Wazzuupppp_

Ficção Adolescente

501K 11.4K 51
Fifteen year old Isabella Delgado is living her best life (kinda) - until she's pulled into a police station shipped off to America to live with the...
78.2K 1.4K 56
scarlette rose salvatore has been living quite a life. her mother dies when she is at a young age. then she gets protected by katherine pierce. then...