ᴅᴇᴀʀ ʏᴏᴏɴɢɪ | 민윤기

By StrayJeans

ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ, ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍɪɴ ʏᴏᴏɴɢɪ, ɪ ʜᴀᴛᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴀ ʜᴏᴛ ᴊᴇʀᴋ. ⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀ ɢɪʀʟ ᴍᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢᴜʏ ɪɴ ᴀɴ ᴇᴍʙᴀʀʀ... More

p r o l o g u e
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - t h r e e
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y - f o u r
t h i r t y - f i v e
t h i r t y - s i x
t h i r t y - s e v e n
t h i r t y - e i g h t
t h i r t y - n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y - o n e
e p i l o g u e
New Story

t w e n t y - s i x

1.9K 138 114
By StrayJeans

Yoongi's POV:

Seeing the graves of my late parents with their names carved on the gravestones...

...just made my chest clenched with a bit of pain as the memories of them instantly flooding my mind.

"Mom... Dad..." I whispered as I placed each of the roses in front of the gravestones. "I'm here..."

"I know I haven't visited in a while, but...

...I already promised that I'll visit every September so I'm here..." I gently caressed the name carved on my mother's grave.

...my eyes clouding with tears.

"Some things happened while I'm away, just want you two to know that I found a job as a waiter but not a solid one, just enough to keep me at bay besides doing photography.

I know that I need to do better, get a real job so that...

...so that I don't have to suffer to way you two did before....

I will do my best, I promise." I whispered as I'm wiping the tears rolling down my cheeks.

"And I just want to let you guys know, I've moved from my last apartment.

I found one near the studio I use to make music...

...and my new roommate's actually a woman..." I let out a light sob before chuckling silently.

"...She's a good roommate and she loves to eat, she nags a lot...

...and she's quite a good cook but not as good as you, mom" I heaved a long breath before I glanced at my father's grave next to mother's

"Dad... I hope you found peace... You're next to mom now and I hope you will never be lonely again... " I said as I stood up slowly.

"I'll take my leave now; I will visit again soon..." I said before bowing my head down.

"I love you both... Always have, always will..."

"You alright?" Junhoe asked as soon as I got into his car.

"Yeah, I'm alright" I answered as he patted my shoulder before he cut his engine on. "Where do you want to go now first? Breakfast?"

"Yeah sounds good, haven't eat anything since I woke up." I said while leaning against the seat.

Usually at times like this, Chaeyoung would already made some toasts or ramyeon for breakfast.

To be honest maybe I shouldn't have left my apartment too early...

I don't even know if she'll read the letter and even find the money in the envelope I placed in.

That food tank.

"So how's music going on for you?" Junhoe broke the silence and I heaved a silent sigh.

"Not so good to be honest" I answered lazily.

"Why though? Didn't check out?" He asked and I just nodded.

"Well they never say that making music will be an easy job, but knowing you, you'll break through, just got to have fate right?"

"We'll see, how about you?"

"Got myself a decent job in the storage facility's office in town. The pay's decent as well, enough for me to live modestly" Junhoe shrugged and I just nodded.

We eventually got some breakfast before we just wandering around the local shops.

I saw a gadget store so I just went to see some cameras on display while Junhoe went somewhere else.

As I was just observing some gadgets, something caught my eyes.

I saw what seemed to be a small cube with a small led bulb on it.

"How can I help you, sir?" One of the worker greeted me from behind the counter.

"What's this actually? A small camera?" I asked as I held the small cube on my hand.

"That's actually a tracker, sir, it's for when you lose something of your belonging

...and this tracker can help you find it with the help of an app you can install in your phone for free." He explained and I just nodded.

"Well, even if I place this in my car, I'll still be able to track it?" I asked and he nodded.

"As long as the batteries in the cube remains, then the app will surely track it."

"I see."

"Since these are the first stock to be sell here, so we offered thirty percent discount and a full year warranty for it." He offered

I'm thinking for a bit. Surely this will be coming in handy some day...

"Alright, I'll take one" I accepted his offer and he quickly prepared a new box of the tracker and placed it inside a plastic bag with the warranty ready.

"Thank you sir, hope to see you again soon" He bowed after I paid the price for the gadget before I just went out of the entrance.

Junhoe was waiting by the entrance and I joined him. "I'm done"

"Alright, where to now?" He asked.

"You know where I want to go" I glanced over at him.

He just nodded before we went to the car and drove off.

It took us a while until we reached a specific two-stories house.

I stared at the house and a wide smile curved on my face.

"The house never change one bit" I whispered to myself as I got off the car.

I took my time walking into the house, staring at the familiar surroundings before I stopped at the front door.

"Hello~" I gave the front door a few knocks before Junhoe joined me. "I'm sure mom will be happy to see you again"

"I'm sure she will" I said with a smile as I gave the door another few knocks and then it swung opened.

The moment I saw a woman in her late 50 standing in front of me, a wide smile formed on my lips but not as wide as the one she curved be she quickly embraced me into a tight hug which I gladly replied with the same affection.

"Boy what took you so long to come back home huh?" She said with a cracked voice as she gave my back a few pats.

"Sorry mom, I can't find the time, but now I have" I caressed her back before she gave Junhoe the same hug as she gave me.

"Where's that boy Taehyung, you two?" She asked.

"He couldn't come; his classes already begin and works piling him up. He sends his regards though" I explained and she just nodded.

"That's too bad, things would've been much more fun with that Daegu's idiot being here along with you two" She patted our backs.

"Don't worry mom, next time he'll come through" Junhoe said to comfort her before she brought us into the house.

The foster house... 

The place where I was being taken in and the place where I spent the rest of my teenage hood after my parents passed away.

Believe me or not, this is where I met the Daegu's idiot. 

He lived here way earlier than I did so he helped me settling in and that's when we became brothers along with Junhoe as well.

Mom brought us to the living room before she went to make some drinks for us despite we insisted that we're fine.

"Yoongi, do you remember the night we smuggled fireworks and light it up at the backyard?" Junhoe asked and we both laughed. 

"God, of course I do, still remember that we collected money just to buy it"

"And boy what a spectacular firework that was" I added and Junhoe just nodded before mother joined us at the table.

"Can't believe it took a whole year and now look at how matured you two look, growing up to be fine young men." Mom said as she sat down in between me and Junhoe.

"Where are the kids?" Junhoe asked as it was indeed a bit silent in the house.

"Joohyun brought the kids to the movies today since it's Sunday" She answered and I smiled as I remembered Joohyun when we were still teenagers... 

Taehyung and her always bickering.

It's all coming back to me.

"So Yoongi ah, how's your life back in Seoul?" She asked as I took a sip of the drink she prepared.

"It's fine so far mom, I've moved to a new apartment, found another side job to cover the expenses and I'm still working hard on making music" I answered.

"How's the music thing going on now? Everything's well and smooth?" She asked again before a light sigh just escaped my lips.

"Not really, none of my songs made it to any label I've sent them to as for now." I answered and she just patted my back.

"Don't get discouraged by that alright? You love everything about music, 

...so continue to chase that dream, it'll come to you soon" She said with a motherly toned voice and I smiled lightly as I nodded.

"And don't tell me that you're still single Min Yoongi..." She stared at me and by the look on my face, she knew it already.

"I've been asking the same question mom..." Junhoe joined her and I just made a poker face.

"Do you plan on staying single until you turn grey and old hmm?" She asked rather seriously and I just sighed silently.

"I planned on getting myself a career and stabilize my life. I don't want to burden anyon-"

"I know that son, but you should know that you will never be a burden to someone that loves you. Not even for one bit." She countered.

"Hear that? Now go ask your roommate on a date" Junhoe added with his eyebrows raised twice.

"Roommate?"

"I moved to a new apartment and my roommate's a woman" I said.

"Does she nags a lot?" Mom suddenly asked as I cocked my eyebrows before I just nodded.

"Does she knows how to cook?" She asked again

"Well... yes..."

"...and she kind of loves eating more than anything else" I scratched my head. "And she's also into music"

"Why don't you ask her out then?" She said and I scrunched my nose. "Why would I do that mom?"

"Some men out there have to spent a lot of effort just to find themselves a woman while you on the other hand, she lives in the same apartment as you." She explained.

"But mom I don't even lik-"

"You sure about that young man?" She immediately countered. 

"I know you my boy, if you don't like your roommate, you'll probably request for a different room or even move to a new one straight away"

"....I..." I heaved deep sigh. 

"...I don't know mom..." 

"What if she doesn't' feel the same towards me the way I feel towards her...?"

Chaeyoung's POV:

The clock's pointed at 8.45 on this silent Sunday which I never thought I would feel as my roommate's not here.

The apartment was silently boring/dreadful since morning...

I haven't even done the groceries and I just spent the day reading those boring sociology books...

I forgot how boring my life is before Yoongi moved in... 

It's always noisy everyday ever since he moved here...

Now I finally realized that having a roommate of the different gender is never a bad thing.

Sitting on the dining table, waiting for my friends to come by, I had my diary with me and flipped to a new page.

Dear Diary

Yoongi went to Daegu today without even telling me beforehand. I mean understand that it's his business but there's nothing wrong in telling me first...

I could've make him some breakfast for him to take, it's definitely a long ride to get there from Seoul...

I know, it's not like he's gone forever and left me alone, but without him here, this apartment's so silent that I felt guilty for even breathing loudly...

Now I realized how boring my life had been before Yoongi moved in. 

He's reliable, responsible, doesn't complaint too much and he's a good guy...

I'm lonely today and I just want to write this here because I don't even have the guts to say it out loud....

Dear Yoongi, I miss you, you jerk with a gummy smile....

After placing my diary back onto my desk, I waited for a few more minutes before someone knocked on the door.

"Chaeng~~ It's us~~" That hyped voice only led to none other than the horse, Hoseok so I quickly made my way to the door and swung it opened.

"Yah help us with drinks now" Sejeong said as she's holding two cartons of beer in her hands so I helped carried one and we went to the living room immediately.

"Where's Jennie?" I asked as Seulgi, Hoseok and Sejeong entered the living room.

"She's downstairs, said she's waiting for someone first" Seulgi said and I cocked my eyebrows.

"Who?" I asked and the three of them just shrugged.

Without questioning anything, we prepared the drinks and some snacks on the table before the I heard the front door swung opened.

"Yah I'm here" Jennie's voice echoed from the kitchen as she soon entered the living room.

"What took you so long?" I asked as she placed a bottle of sprite on the table, probably for the horse.

"Good evening~" I heard a male's voice and Taehyung soon entered the room as well.

"Who invited you?" I asked with a confused expression plastered on my face and he just pointed at Jennie.

"I brought you guys some fresh grilled meat" Taehyung said as he placed quite a lot of plastic bags onto the table and the smell... 

God that heavenly smell... 

"Do you have any hamburgers in there?" Hoseok asked pointing at the plastic bag while looking at Taehyung.

"Of course" He answered.

"Ayy my man~" Hoseok and Taehyung casually fist bumped. "You're staying here with us alright man?"

"Well don't ask me, ask the lady" He said as he glanced over at me.

"....Alright, it's not like you're a stranger to us anymore anyway" I shrugged with a silent sigh.

The silent apartment soon filled with the sound of us chattering and laughing as time passed by. 

I'm still on my first can of beer as I'm a born lightweight when it comes to alcohol so I just took light sips.

The others on the other hand already on their third can or fourth, and the meat also soon decreasing quickly.

I noticed that when I glanced at Taehyung, he never even touches the beer, he's having a glass of water instead...

Reminded me of Yoongi... there's no way that it's just a coincidence...

While the others were focusing on the television, I went to sit next to Taehyung by the sofa before I nudged his arm.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked as he's taking a sip while looking at me.

"I've noticed that Yoongi doesn't seem to be fond towards anything that's alcoholic... 

...and I see that you're the same as him. Is it true?" I whispered my question and the only reply he gave me was a bitter smile.

"I don't know if I should say this, but yes it is true" He whispered and I remained looking at him hoping for an explanation.

"Today is Yoongi's mother's death anniversary..." He added and my eyes widened.

"T-Today? S-so he went to Daegu to-"

"To visit his parents, he does that every year ever since we moved to Seoul. The only reason Yoongi hated alcohol is because his mother's death was caused by it...

She was mugged by a drunk man during one night as she's returning home from work... and didn't get what he wanted, he took her life..." Taehyung added and I could only gasp in shocked.

"And the next month, alcohol took his father away from him... 

...his father was so heartbroken by the death of his wife that he spent day after day drinking his heart out.... 

Until it finally took its toll on him... and decided to take his own life..."

"...Taehyung... please tell me you're making this all up right?" I asked as I still in the state of disbelief. 

I just hope this man's joking right now as he always does, because if it's true...

"I wish I could Chaeyoung..." That serious expression on his face crushed my hope down to bits.

Then it all came back to me...

He was mad and furious when I talked about his parents the first day he moved here, he never speaks about them ever since... 

...I thought he had some sort of family issues with his parents but I never thought it turned out like this...

"After his parents passed away, he was placed in a foster house where he met me. And that's how me and him became close if you're wondering" He added.

"Oh... I feel so sorry about him..." I heaved a deep sigh in a slight feeling of guilt.

"Can I have his phone number?" I asked Taehyung in a serious tone and he just looked at me with a look of confusion. "Why do you need his phone number?"

"I want to talk to him or else I won't be able to get rid of this guiltines-"

Our attentions shifted as we heard the sound of the door swinging opened before the room went silent.

I stared at the door and my eyes widened as I saw my roommate walking out from the kitchen and now standing by the door's frame, looking back at us with his poker face.

"Y-You're back Yoongi...?"

Well well well... Look who's the first one to catch feelings here... but will Chaeyoung feel the same way though? Guess we'll find out soon enough...

So leave a vote and comments(?) maybe, I would love to read your comments. It'll motivates me to write more, it really does.

Loves lot ❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

692K 15.5K 200
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 (𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥) .... 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘥𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤�...
2.6M 172K 71
❝ i'm sorry. ❞ ❝ don't be. ❞ ©aestheticallyjikook 2016-2017ㅣcompleted #1 angstwithhappyending #5 angstwithhappyending
262K 8K 33
Two internet friends, who have no clue who each other really are, have a budding romance online which begins unravelling into something else with the...
1K 71 25
𝑺𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒚 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝑨𝒏𝒏𝒂'𝒔 𝒈𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒖𝒑 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒃𝒂𝒅. 𝑬𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄...