Of All The People, It Had To...

By z-a-i-o-n

Author Warning ||Warning I am going on a tangent with this. I've seen the movie but not read the books (I hea... More

Prologue
Chapter One: The B.U.C.K.E.T
Chapter Three: The Letters
Chapter Four: "Oh Dear God" Pt. One
Chapter Five: "Oh Dear God" Pt. Two
Chapter Six: Homework and Gossip

Chapter Two: Year 11

1.2K 30 0
By z-a-i-o-n

The loud beep of my alarm clock was what I heard first, then my door opening. My eyes fluttered open then I lifted my head off the pillow, I saw my mother at the door. In her hand was a cup and from what I could smell, it was hazelnut coffee. A smile formed on my tired face as I pulled myself up, the covers of my bed falling to my waist as I stretched out my arms; making the loudest possible screeching noise I could as I curled my toes and fingers once I finished stretching.

My mom sat on the side of my bed and handed me the hot beverage, the pleasing smell seeping into my nostrils making me let out a sigh. I grasped the cup with both hands and held the cup up to my nose, taking another deep breath and smiled to myself.

"I swear you enjoy smelling that coffee more than drinking it" My mother uttered snapping me out of my hazelnut espresso trance.
"Ah, no" I lifted my right index finger up at her, "not drinking this would be a terrible sin indeed" I half drowsily said before I returned back to my beverage. All my mom did was laugh to herself and continue drinking her own coffee, it was silent for a moment or two before she broke the silence.
"I want to get a photo of you before you leave for school, okay" she sounded like she was asking, but all I did was nod and hum to myself as I sipped another bit of my coffee. Then my mom stood and left the room, leaving a very happy person to herself and her coffee.

I thought about the holidays and all I had done, nothing really came to mind, except for tending to my bike and aiding in Joshs recovery from Margot breaking up with him. Besides that all I did was work and laze around; that was my life. That seemed pretty boring now that I thought about it, and the sudden realisation hit me, that I had barely any life.

I let out a sigh as I stared blankly at the wall ahead of me, thinking of all the ways I could do something more exciting. Then the idea hit me, that I will ensure that I would have the best year ever. Year eleven was meant to be the best year of a teenagers life, well apart from senior year.
I looked down at my almost empty cup and smiled at the thought of the unknown. Even though it scared some people, it intrigued me.

"Riley, time to get ready!" My mom bellowed from down stairs, I skulled the last of the coffee and placed the cup on my bedside table; I pulled off my covers and made my way to the closet.
I began rummaging through my clothes trying to find something suitable for the first day. I normally wore jeans, a shirt, a jacket, and a pair of docs. My style was my own, very tomboyish and not at all girly. It was hard shopping with my mom because she was so girly, and well I, I wasn't. Eventually I found an outfit(image below); a stripped long sleeved jumper below an astronaut shirt, a pair of high wasted jeans rolled up at the bottom, and a pair of high converse sneakers, as well as my iconic jacket (second image).

I walked into the bathroom, that's interconnected with my mothers room and mine, then began getting dressed.

After a few moments I threw my pyjamas into the hamper and walked over to the mirror, then started doing my hair. I thought that a loose bun would be good, and not to much trouble to do. Although with hair as short as mine, it was slightly harder than I thought, but nonetheless I eventually did it.
Small pieces of my almost raven hair tickled my neck slightly, giving me goosebumps. I started with my makeup next. 'Light and natural' that was my moto. I never strayed from it. I mean don't get me wrong, makeup is great, but sometimes too much is way too much. And I always get acne, so I have to 'lighten the load' on my face.

I finally finished, placing my eye brow pencil down on the counter, I had a look at myself; mascara, a small line of eye liner, lip balm, and subtle but barely visible brown eye shadow. I let out a satisfied sigh before I went back into my room. I grabbed my backpack I had packed last night, my phone, my wallet, was I forgetting something? My jacket. I walked back into my bathroom and snatched it off the counter, placing my bag on the ground I put my jacket on and then picked my bag up again. Swinging it over my shoulders I headed out into my room then down stairs. My wallet and phone still in my hand as I entered the kitchen where the most delightfully smell of pancakes and coffee was coming from. My mom looked up from the plate she was eating from and gave me a smile.
"You look nice, Ri" she said once she swallowed her food. I sat down across from her where my plate was and dug in, I wasn't going to let this stack of pancakes go to waste now was I.
"Thanks mom" I uttered though a full mouth, she just chuckled and continued eating.

***

After thirty minutes of us eating, I went over placing my plate into the dishwasher.
"Smile" my mom said and I turned around and gave her a big smile for the camera, "beautiful" she added. I then walked over to my bag on the counter and pulled my phone out of the back pocket, seeing it was time to go.
"Okay, I should get going. Wish me luck" I said as I slung my bag onto my left shoulder, and headed to the front door.
"I love you" My mother half yelled as I opened the door.
"I love you" I said as I opened and exited the house, the door slamming behind me. The cool autumn breeze hit my cheeks making me shiver before I started to walk again. I headed down the steps, and went over to my bike which was leaned against the railing of the porch and pulled the cover off it.
My work on it was noticeable, but still I doubted it would last. Just as I was wheeling it out of my front gate, I heard that squeaking again. Letting out a loud sigh of frustration I hung my head.
"Macintosh" I lifted my head to see Josh walking down his front steps and over to the white picket fence that separated mine and his house, "having some difficulties already?" He sounded half amused.
"Oh ha ha, you take so much enjoyment in my suffering" I stated as I shot him a death stare. All Josh did was shake his head.
"No, why would I, Josh Sanderson, take amusement in this. No definitely not me at all" He was serious but then began smiling, looking as if he was holding back a laugh, "but on a serious note, you really need to throw that out and get a new one. It's hazardous" he laughed.
"I have had more accidents on this thing then anything else" I looked down at my bike, letting out a sigh, "it's retirement for you buddy" I uttered as I wheeled the bike back. Placing it against the railing once more and put the cover back on.
"Look like it's walking for me" I said as I turned on my heels, and headed through my front gate, stopping at the drive way of Josh's house, "you coming?" I asked, earning a nod from Josh as he walked over.

***

Josh and I walked into the school halls, then into the crowded halls of our school, I noticed the fullness of the area as we made our way to my locker. I stopped and put in my combination, then tried opening it, it was jammed.
"Even my locker needs to retire" I sighed out as I hit my head on the door.
"Hey, don't do that. Let me" I stepped away and he hit the locker, then tried. It was still jammed. He then began pulling at the handle, once and then one more. Finally the door popped open.
"Ta da" he did a jazz hand towards the locker, I let out an amused laugh before pushing him out of the way.
"What? Didn't you like my magic trick?" He questioned sounding sarcastic.
"It was a wonderful magic trick Houdini, I can't wait for your live show" I gave him a blank stare, and let out another laugh.
I put the books I didn't need until later into my locker and then shut it, and put the lock back on. The bell rung, signalling it was time for home room.
"See you in art" I said as I walked backwards, "we got that stupid partner assignment, remember" I pointed my index finger towards him before turning on my heels. I headed down the hallway and turned left as I headed to Mr Davis's room. I was hoping I wouldn't get stuck with Eddie for this assignment, I really don't like him.

Who's Eddie, you may ask? Well he is the most creepy jock in high school. Eddie has had a thing for me since grade five, and I have not. He used to have glasses, a mouth brace, and the worst taste in clothing. Now he's on the lacrosse team, hangs with all the douchebags of school and thinks he's a god.
This miraculous transformation was all because of one thing, me. And I know what you are thinking, 'this girl doesn't appreciate him', 'look at all the stuff he did for you...he literally changed himself'. Well yes, I know all of that, but believe me, he's one creepy dude. It's scary sometimes, and no matter how mean or how much embarrassment I put him through, he wouldn't stop.

I came to home room and entered, seeing my normal group. I spotted Lara-Jean and headed over to the vacant spot beside her.
"Hey stranger" I uttered, she nodded.
"Yeah, I know right...really should work on socialising more over holidays" she added as she turned towards me, "so, how was your holidays?" She gave me another eager smile. I know she was hoping for something other than my usual, she was probably hoping for some amazing adventures, but that's what she wasn't going to get.
"Nothing all to fun, except for a few things. Besides that it was my usual." Lara gave me a 'tsk tsk', "what? I'm a creature of habit...what about you missy, did you do anything fantastic?" I added with smirk.
"Yes in fact I- I....ahhh..." she looked at me as I formed a sarcastic grin, "Okay, that's besides the point" Lara added as she turned towards the teacher. I chuckled to myself as I faced the teacher.

***

It was third period, which meant Art. I walked to my locker and grabbed my sketch pad and my theory book. I then headed towards the art block; heading outside and through the court yard. I came up to the art room and made my way in, I searched for my normal seat seeing it was empty. I made my way over and took my bag off, placing it onto the table and began taking all of my equipment out; my sketch pad, my pencil case, and my theory book. I then looked up to see Eddie walking over, his smug face looking somewhat pleased as he strolled over and stopped, leaning one elbow onto the table in front of me.

"Hey you" He uttered, I just scoffed.
"Eddie, leave me alone" I instructed as I went to grab my sketch pad, he somewhat slammed his hand onto it preventing me from grabbing it.
"Feisty today, aren't we" he smirked my way, making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, "look...I get you don't think I am a good guy, but why don't you give me a chance" he added, this sounding half genuine. I let out a sigh and looked into his eyes.
"Go, away" I emphasised each word. His smile disappeared and he just sighed to himself.
"Come on Riley, just one chance" he almost sounded like he was begging. I just rolled my eyes.
"No" I stated as I tried to get my book from under his hand.
"But I-"
"Dude, she said get lost" Josh walked over stopping just behind Eddie. Eddies brows formed a frown as he turned around.
"Sanderson, mind your own business" Eddie leaned in closer, "or else" he added.
"Eddie just go" I uttered making him shake his head.
"I don't think so" he balled Josh's shirt in both his fists and jerked him towards Eddie.
"Mr Jacobs, what's going on here?" Miss Donald said as she walked in.
"Nothing Miss, we're just having a little fun is all" Eddie stated as he let go of Josh and stepped backwards, giving Josh a look before turning and made his way to his seat. Josh straighten himself up and gave me a half smile.
"What was really happening?" Miss Donald said as she came up.
"Just a jock being a jock" I stated and shrugged lightly. She nodded and then walked over to her desk.

"More like a jock being a dick" Josh uttered as he came around the table and sat down in his seat next to me. We both burst out into laughter, a few people looked over at us but then turned there attention to their books.
"Okay, class has began" Miss Donald stated making us all turn our attention to her.

***

Hey guys, another chapter!!!! Eeeekkkk!!!
So I am working on the next chapter, but as always you guys can give me some pointers if need be. Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.
- TiesAndBones 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 85.8K 193
"Oppa", she called. "Yes, princess", seven voices replied back. It's a book about pure sibling bond. I don't own anything except the storyline.
917K 21.1K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
600K 18.2K 75
Hiraeth - A homesickness for a home to which you cannot return, a home which maybe never was; the nostalgia, the yearning, the grief for the lost pla...
1.1M 36.8K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...