Apocalyptic Love (A Crossmare...

By __Purple_Fluffball__

They first came as individuals, people caught up in the Nuclear blast of Craitown. But people soon realised t... More

Prologue
Begging
Cross?
Hidden
Shutting Down
Healing
The Kiss
Tickles
Secrets Out
If Only
Kicked Out
Turning
Four Teenagers
Fight It
Cured
The Bonus Chapter no one Wanted :3
The End
Christmas Special :D
3rd Bonus Chapter - The way the readers wanted the book to Go

Visitors

11.1K 374 581
By __Purple_Fluffball__

Tduxyuzjsnnfnf 'Tis my birthday tomorrow--

---Nightmare's POV----

I rushed down the stairs as fast as I could, vaulting over the banister at the last few steps before sprinting into the living room where my four partners were stood.

Dust. A lone skeleton survivor of the apocalypse. He'd been fighting his way through infected cities with only a few weapons in an attempt to find somewhere safe to stay. He had started his journey with his younger brother, Papyrus. But he was forced to shoot him after he got bitten by a zombie when they tried to escape an infested building they thought was empty. He kills every zombie he sees now. For his brother he says.

Horror. Also a skeleton, was left fighting for survival after his brother betrayed him and lead him into a nest of zombies down an underground station. A zombie had attacked him and managed to bite his skull, resulting in it getting infected. Deciding he'd risk dying, he had smashed a chunk out of his own skull, miraculously getting rid of all the infected area before the virus could take over his body. He later found out that his brother had died, mauled to death by zombies.

Killer. The youngest of our group. He'd always traveled solo, never with anyone else. Somehow he'd managed to slip through eight cities before he got here, staying in the shadows and dark instead of fighting his way through. His parents had worked in Craitown, and were some of the first people to get infected by the Nuclear blast.

Error. Something no one can explain happened to him. He was in Craitown at the time of the nuclear blast, and the explosion infected him with a different type of virus. Glitches. Glitches and Error signs surround his body, giving him the appearance of a breaking robot. He then joined a group of survivors, but one by one they either died or got infected. Until soon it was just him left.

And then there's me. Nightmare. My story is a little different from the others. Back near the beginning of the apocalypse I got bitten. My brother and I had been all alone, seeking shelter in the rain when a rogue zombie tackled me down and bit down on my upper arm, infecting me immediately. Dream -my brother- had fought off the zombie and then immediately dragged me to the nearest building, which happened to be a lab where survivors were trying to make a cure. They needed a test subject, but it had to be a freshly bitten. And none of them wanted to get bitten themselves to test it.

Having nothing to loose I volunteered, knowing that this could be my only chance of not becoming a zombie. The scientists injected me with their current 'antidote' and then waited, waited for results. And oh boy, they got results alright. Just not what they were planning...

It was my fifth day of the trial. Five days since I'd had the antidote injected into me. And I was starting to feel ill. The scientists immediately rushed me to the emergency room, only to have me throw up what looked like black slime all over myself. It tasted wretched and left a bile-like feeling in my mouth. And then before I knew it I was throwing up uncontrollably, choking on  the black slime that started oozing from my body, covering all of me. I can remember the agonising pain that built up in my back before my ribs snapped, and out burst four monstrous tentacles form my back. My right eye was gone, only my left one being able to see. And I felt as if I had lost all emotions. I was empty.

Sure I was cured. I've been like this for a couple of moths now. But the outcome was so horrendous that the scientists put off the idea of making a different cure.

So that's us.

Somehow all five of us managed to get together and find this massive abandoned mansion that we've now claimed as our own. We've fixed it up, built borderline defences, and stocked up on all sorts of food. Error reckons that if we're sensible with our supplies, we could last almost a year here.

But now back to the reason I had scrambled down here.

"Nightmare." Dust called, waving me over.

I walked to him, looking around. "What's the problem?"

All four of them grimaced before Dust pulled back one of the old curtains covering a large window.

"There's people outside..."

I blinked, looking out of the window.

There was indeed a group of people. Around eight I think. And they all looked rather healthy, not seeming infected. They were pressed against the main gate entrance, calling out for help from anyone that might be inside.

That would be us.

"Should we help them?" Dust asked, eyeing them warily beside me.

I nodded. "We'll go out there, but don't opens the gates until we're sure it's safe for us..."

I shut the curtains before striding over to the door, grabbing onto one of the many guns we had found when we'd raided the mansion.

I had a revolver, Killer grabbed a pistol, Error picked up a different revolver, Horror lunged for a M4Rifle -he's quite trigger happy- and dust picked up his shot gun.

Out of all of us, Dust is the best shot. He's spent ages training to shoot moving objects so that he can get revenge for his brother.

We stopped at the large double doors, sighing before shifting aside all the barricades and undoing all the locks.

The large pattern carved oak doors pushed open in a sweeping arc and instantly everyone outside was in a frenzy, calling out desperately as they pressed against the black bars of the gate entrance. Their faces were caked in mud, blood, scars and bruises, not an inch of clear skin held between them. Their clothes were in rags and their hair was matted like a birds nest, twigs and dirt clumped in it.

We momentarily ignored them and looked around the garden quickly, checking if any of them and or zombies had broken in.

There seemed to be none.

The fencing around the whole garden had been heavily fortified, and we didn't do anything to it. The people that lived here before us had obviously experienced the apocalypse as well, resulting in the tall black iron gates that surrounded the whole mansion, eight foot high with vicious barbed wire on the top.

We all quickly pointed our guns at them, making them all panic and yell out not to shoot.

"P-Please!" A woman cried from the front, looking at me desperately. "W-We don't want much! I-Its our friend! He's- He's not well! A-All we want is to see if you can help a-and refuge here! E-Even if it's just for the night!"

"Are any of you bitten?"

They all looked over to Dust, who was eyeing the group up menacingly, his dilated eyes narrowed and sharp as he surveyed them all. His voice was a soft rasp, sore from endless screaming.

The woman quickly shook her head. "No! W-We're not I promise!"

Dust stood still for a long moment with his eyes trained at them, his skeletal finger locked around the trigger of his gun before his hold went lax and he looked at me. "Let them in."

Error jolted, sparks of glitches rippling through his body in a show of statics and a grinding sound similar to metal being dragged across a chalk board. "Are you serious?!"

Dust nodded, giving a sneering jeer. "Look at them, they're so weak right now that they can barely stand. If they're zombies, we'll just shoot them. Simple."

I sighed. Ever since Dust's brother died, he's become more heartless. More, genocidal. But then again, so have all of us. I'm no longer how I used to be - neither is Error, nor Horror, nor Killer.

"Everyone back up!" I yelled at the people, pointing my gun at them. "We don't want to hurt you but we will if we have to!"

The group scrambled back, dragging what I assumed was their injured friend behind them.

Horror walked over to the gate, shifting off the large metal bar of iron that kept the gate closed before typing in a code so that the gates swung open with a grinding screech that made all of us cringe.

Immediately the group tried to walk in, but quickly froze as Dust shot at the floor by their feet, dirt throwing up across their worn and battered shoes. "Don't move.."

Error stepped forwards. "You're not coming in until we've assessed that you're safe. Sure you've said that you're not bitten. But we've no reason to trust you."

The woman that had called out earlier looked down, flinching as we stepped over, Killer staying by the gate.

"What's wrong with your friend?" I asked, glancing down at the man curled up on the floor.

He was withering and gasping, his eyes dull and glossy as he clawed at the floor, his fingers ripped and bloodied. Froth formed at his lips and his tongue lolled out, a fat lump that hung like a dried grape, drooling on the souls

My eyes widened as I saw the giant gash in his shoulder, what looked like bleeding teeth marks were visible.

"He's been bitten!"

----------------------------------------------

Mmmmm welcome to another Crossmare book :'D

I had a dream about this and HAD to write it down so uh, here we are :3

I hope you enjoy :P

Oh and also--

Take this comic I did--

Mmmm some Jevil and Seam

-Jess-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 71 9
I only wanted to use the picture for the cover also I made it anyway I can't tell if it's going to be a one shot thing or a full on story I'll decide
25.8K 478 21
I owe you more than a life can be worth, John, and when the day comes, one day, I want you to claim that debt. Because that's the way the law wants u...
50.1K 1.3K 30
This is a soulmate story about Bucky Barnes and Peter Parker having the same words engraved on there wrists, but they don't know that. Not until Y/n...
27.8K 1.1K 19
It's their starting for a new world! Ink with his childish personality, and Error with his destructive tensions. Throw curiously into the mix and wha...