Sovereign Of The Dragons

By That_One_Anime_Lvr

[Royalty and Omega-verse AU] Naruto uzumaki is to be married to the future king of the uchiha clan. His desti... More

Attention
Meeting Naruto And The Uzumaki Family
5 Years Later
The Love Confession
Talking With The Girls
A Sasunaru Chapter
The Wedding
A Horrible Crime
Pregnant
Neji
Itachi's Back
Anger
Itachi The Psychopath
The Baby's Coming
Where's My Baby!!!
The New Arrivals
Unsuspected Visitor
3 Years Later

Shits Going Down

5K 112 342
By That_One_Anime_Lvr

If an outsider were to take one look at Haku they would think that he was a delicate submissive who was accustomed to being around only pretty things. His small features, pale soft skin that looked like it'd bruise if touched too harshly, and short stature gave off the impression of a sheltered submissive royal. But that was far from the truth. Anyone who truly knew Haku knew that he wasn't a delicate flower that bruised if handled too roughly and he definitely wasn't accustomed to only being around pretty things. He had grown up in a country where being tough was the expected and as a result he had been subjected to not so "pretty" sights many a times. It wasn't widely known but behind closed doors he was the most ruthless out of his infamously savage brothers. It took a lot to scare him so the sight of his "sister in laws" puckered up empty eye sockets greeting him at the breakfast table that morning didn't faze him. However what did faze him was how angry his "husband" looked. Neji was sat at the head of the table. His milky white eyes, which had been intently focused on Hinata's empty eye sockets, hadn't strayed away not even once since he arrived to the table a few minutes ago.

Neji looked so infuriated that Haku loved it. He was getting off on the dizzying powerful aura of anger that Neji was letting off. He could confidently say that this was the first time since he had met the Hyūga king that he was genuinely attracted to him. It was like that time his beloved Sasuke destroyed half of Neji's face with his flames. The raw power of a strong dominant was unlike any other; it instinctively made his body quiver. It didn't even matter that Hinata's eyes were mysteriously missing; Neji's aura masked that insignificant matter. Haku was even a little scared but not scared enough to ask the seething king exactly how Hinata had lost her eyes.

"What has happened to my darling sisters eyes?" Haku piqued. He delighted in the fact that his question had made Neji's angry aura intensify even more.

Neji's eyes dragged away from Hinata's puckered up ones. "Those damns Uchiha's you idolize plucked them out of her head that's what happened!"

"Brother, please." Hinata quaked quietly. Her eyebrows drew up creating a sorrowful expression. If she had eyes Haku was sure they'd be rimmed with tears. She was weak like that, always crying. Apparently weakness was a genetic trait every Hyūga shared. Hinata's show of weakness was all an act, he was well aware of that but she was still weak for even sinking to the level of hiding her true self and living in the guise of a typical weak Hyūga.

"The Uchiha's did this?" Haku felt his pulse quicken. He knew Sasuke was a powerful alpha but the absolute ruthlessness of what he had done to Hinata made his insides tingle with butterflies. He loved the man. He cursed the fates, as he always did for pairing him up with Neji. Yes, Neji had faintly just attracted him a moment ago but that had been obliterated by Sasuke's daring feat. He wished he had been there to actually see the moment Sasuke had gouged Hinata's eyes out.

"Sasuke-san did it right?" Haku's eyes sparkled. At the mere mention of Sasuke's name the scar Sasuke had given him tingled. He loved the scar. It was a badge of honor to sport such a strong dominant's wound.

"Hinata can't remember who did it, all she can recall is that he wore a mask."

"Oh," Haku's excitement simmered. Even if Sasuke hadn't done it himself it was still his orders since he was the king of the Uchiha clan. But still he liked to imagine that it truly was Sasuke who had plucked Hinata's eyes out. He could vividly imagine the blood sticking to Sasuke's pale fingers; Haku wished he had been there so he could lick the ruby droplets off them. "What are you going to do to them?" Haku asked pointedly. Neji was a weak dominant but not even a weakling would stand by and allow for their blood sister to be defiled the way Hinata had been.

"I'm going to kill him and that submissive of his he loves so much! He'll learn my pain when I slaughter his precious bitch!"

Haku moaned. The bloodlust firing out of Neji was tantalizing. But he'd be damned if he let Neji kill the dominant he loved.

"How do you possibly plan to stop Sasuke-san?" Haku mocked, as if the mere possibility of Neji winning was hopeless, "even if you could somehow beat him there are rumors that Itachi has returned. I heard there's even a celebration this weekend to welcome his return. You could never beat two Uchiha dominants, you couldn't even beat one without cheating and the other left your face half unrecognizable." Haku giggled.

Neji lunged, ready to strike Haku but Zabuza got in the way before he could strike. Haku let out another giggle; his eyes screwed shut as he threw his head back and laughed. "Thank you, Zabuza."

The stoic bodyguard grunted and returned to his position, which was standing forebodingly behind Haku's chair.

"Don't worry about how I'm going to do it." Neji collected him self, "It's not Sasuke I'm really after, all I want is his precious submissive. I'm going to gouge his eyes out and then gift them as presents to the Uchiha king. After that I'll cut the baby out of Naruto's stomach and put a kunai through its heart."

The imagery was pleasing to Haku but the impact it'd have on the man he loved was not.

He touched the puckered skin of his scar...

Decisions, decisions.

XXXXXXXX

"It has been getting terribly hot these past few days." Deidara commented as he retrieved a lightweight kimono from Naruto's closet, "I was thinking I could dress you in a summer kimono." Deidara adopted a playful expression, trying to lighten Naruto's mood, "well at least what these northerners call a summer kimono."

Naruto nodded absentmindedly, smiling a smile that didn't quite reach his eyes at Deidara's spot on observation. Here in the north any breathable fabric counted as a "summer kimono." He rubbed his belly as he watched Deidara walk over with a red and gold 'kimono' made of chiffon and silk.

"Has he...do you know if Sasuke returned yet?" Naruto asked in a small voice.

Deidara's face grew somber. It had been four whole days since Naruto had regained his memories and nothing had been the same since. Naruto himself was as in love with Sasuke as he had been but Naruto's attachment to his alpha had turned...extreme. It physically pained his cousin to be apart from Sasuke. Deidara had seen a bond this severe only once in his life and it was between an omega who had lost her alpha before she got her first heat. She was destroyed by his passing and eventually killed herself in order to follow him to the afterlife. To say Naruto's current state worried him was an understatement.

"He has yet to return." Deidara bit his lip as Naruto let out a concerned whimper, "it's still early though so it's not out of the ordinary for him to not be back yet."

"He said he'd come early to walk me to the temple. He should've been here already!"

"Don't fret, cousin." Deidara sat beside Naruto on the bed and held his hand, trying to soothe him. He knew it wouldn't do much; the only one who could calm Naruto right now was his alpha. "You know he's running late because of his father. Things are so tense these days between them."

Things in the palace were not the only things that had changed. The relationship between the Uchiha family had gone through a metamorphosis. It had become abundantly clear that Fugaku favored his eldest son, it had flamed rumors that Fugaku planned to make Itachi the new ruler of the Uchiha clan. None of it had been confirmed yet but even Deidara had an inkling of worry that the old Uchiha king would be capable of doing something so terrible. "Tomorrow is the day Itachi-"

Naruto tensed which caused Deidara to pause. Itachi had been locked away receiving medical treatment for the last few days. He had admitted himself to the care of the Uchiha doctors. No one had seen him since then. Naruto had not discussed the alpha either. He was a sore topic. It was for Deidara too. He couldn't get the image of the lonely demon king walking away with his shoulders hunched as if he wanted to fold into him self and disappear from the world out of his head.

"Tomorrow is the day of Itachi's return celebration." Naruto finished Deidara's statement.

"Yes, I have no doubt that Fugaku and Sasuke are discussing tomorrow's events at length. It takes time since they are not-" Deidara paused again, looking for the least harsh word to describe the strained relationship between Sasuke and his father, "they're not on the best terms these days. Itachi-san's return has, as you know, changed a lot."

"Itachi-san..." Naruto's face crumbled, he appeared as if he were going cry. Deidara grabbed both of his cousin's hands, this was the first time he had seen Naruto show outward emotion about the older Uchiha brother since the whole incident.

"Don't cry, cousin." Deidara wanted to get a peek inside Naruto's head, just to see the thoughts whirling around inside it. What did he think of all that had happened and was currently happening with Itachi? Naruto had clearly been affected and yet he would not speak about it-well at least not to him. One thing he was sure of though was that Naruto was hurting over Itachi.

"I'm not crying," Naruto forced his tears away, "help me dress. I want to go pray."

A silence ensued as Deidara helped Naruto ready himself. There was no point in asking; Naruto had been too traumatized to speak on it yet. It was early morning, the open window allowed the sound of chirping birds and a cool breeze to waft into the quiet chambers. This was routine, Deidara readied Naruto each morning in this manner but ever since the incident this routine had begun to feel tense, like Naruto would shatter any second.

A loud bell rang, echoing through the silent room.

"We better leave or else we'll be late for prayers."

The two omegas treaded through the palace, out into the busy sunny streets. Four heavily armed guards trailed behind, ready to strike in case someone drew too near. It was a stark contrast to the past where Naruto would walk the joyous streets while waving at the Uchiha people and even allowing some to hug him.

"It's so nice to see the gardens in bloom." Deidara took in the view of the lush gardens around the temple. Vines of flowers twined around the thick temple pillars. A gold statue of Kaguya stood proudly erected in the center. Her three eyes were made of pearls, gazing powerfully and unafraid ahead like only a goddess could do.

Naruto kneeled on the slightly worn out velvet pillow that was laid out for visitors at Kaguya's feet, Deidara did the same. He wasn't interested in praying but it was out of respect not for the sacred mother but for Naruto and his yearning for calmness in order to pray that made Deidara kneel.

The temple maid, who had been standing dutifully in the corner as she always did, quietly lit the candle cradled in Kaguya's cupped hands, it was always to be burning when one prayed. As were your eyes always to be closed, hands clasped, and head bowed-which Deidara did all of except close his eyes. He couldn't, when he did he saw that wretched image of Itachi's retreating back. His eyes wandered around the temple and ended up settling on Naruto. His cousins lips moved quickly as he prayed, his hands were clasped so tight that they were tinged white. Naruto was seven almost eight months pregnant, that position surely must've been hard on his knees. What did he pray for so passionately? Was it Itachi? Deidara wanted to protect his cousin. Naruto wasn't physically weak, he knew that, but Naruto was weak in a different way. He was emotionally weak. He loved too easily and trusted too quickly. He had always been that way. That's why he could cry for a demon that had assaulted him like Itachi. Naruto was much younger than him so Deidara had always been in that protector role. Naruto's own alpha sister didn't and probably would never protect him so Deidara took it upon his self to fill that older alpha role. After so much time of keeping Naruto safe he couldn't allow his feelings of sympathy for a demon alpha to undo all the years. If he gave in he'd be weak too. At the moment he needed to be strong for both him and his cousin.

After an hour of praying they headed back to the palace.

"Welcome back, Naruto-sama." A maid greeted as Deidara and Naruto trudged through the palace front doors. "Breakfast is ready. Would you like to have it in the dining room or would you like it sent up to your room?"

"Neither, I'm too tired to eat."

"Again? B-but Naruto-sama you're pregnant you should eat!" The maid protested. Naruto kept walking along, much too tired to reply; "Our clans future heir resides within you, if you don't get adequate nutrition-"

"Shh, I put herbs and supplements in his morning tea." Deidara lied, "He and the future heir will be just fine don't you worry." Deidara gave the maid a reassuring smile.

"Oh...okay. Thank you, Deidara-kun. Our sovereign has not been his self these days. Thank you for staying by his side and watching over him."

"Of course, I'd never leave his side." Deidara bowed and ran off to catch up to Naruto. He was happy he could calm that maid down. He wanted to protect his cousin from everything-even nagging maids.

"I'll be right outside if you need anything." Deidara drew the curtain, bathing the room in shadows and darkness. Naruto hummed, his eyes were already closed as he lied in bed. He was dressed down to only a thigh length white chiffon slip that was patterned with pale lilac flowers on it. It was much too hot to wear a traditional night slip without the breeze of the night air. Deidara kissed Naruto's forehead, his cousin was already fast asleep or so he had thought because Naruto suddenly roused. His eyes focused on Deidara, he appeared to not have even noticed the kiss.

"As soon as Sasuke comes wake me, please."

"Of course." Deidara smiled. He would have even if Naruto hadn't ordered him to.

"Thank you." Naruto closed his eyes again, drifting off into what Deidara hoped would be a pleasant dream.

Deidara stepped out. He took his standard position at the front of Naruto's door. He expected Sasuke to come within the hour but when three whole hours passed he began to worry. Just as his worries began to stress him out he smelled a familiar scent. Fire flowers. The scent would always remind him of a certain alpha and that alpha was Itachi.

He looked up and saw a maid tottering by with a bouquet of fire flowers arranged in a woven white basket. She gave a half bow when their eyes met then continued on her way. Deidara was half disappointed that it wasn't Itachi. He quickly blasted the blasphemous thought out of his head. Why did he want to see Itachi? He didn't want the alpha anywhere near him! He sighed and leaned against the doorframe. He wished he could stop thinking about him. As if Kaguya had heard him the one man Deidara didn't want to see turned the corner, walking right in his direction. Deidara couldn't help but hungrily take in Itachi's appearance. It was shocking, Itachi had finally emerged from hiding, it was like seeing the holy mother herself descending from the skies. Itachi looked better than Deidara thought he would. His long hair was untied, hanging over his broad shoulders and swaying as he stalked forward. As he came closer Deidara noticed that there were bags underneath Itachi's eyes, he looked sullen. As if just existing exhausted him. So this was what an alpha that had been rejected by his intended mate looked like.

How horrible.

That feeling of sympathy slithered its way into Deidara's heart. Before he could stop his self Itachi's name slipped passed his lips. The alpha looked to Deidara's direction. His gate stuttered, he hadn't noticed Deidara.

"I'm relieved to see you're well."

Itachi raised his brow; "you care about my well being after all I did to you?"

Deidara came back to his senses. He stood straight, adopting a stern expression in the process, "I don't care. I'm only concerned because of what your absence has done to my cousin. With your return he might be able to go back to how he was before."

"Oh," Itachi's face turned even more glum, "even in my absence Naruto suffers, it seems that's all I can do-make him suffer."

Deidara had the overwhelming urge to comfort the alpha but he forced himself to remain still. He couldn't let his feelings control him, "will you be going to the party tomorrow?" Deidara changed the subject before his restraint gave out.

"I'm not sure, I was on my way to go talk to my father about that among other things." Itachi sighed, "If I do I suppose I'll see you there."

Deidara nodded. He was unexpectedly happy that Itachi was going to go.

"Some of my memories have been coming back..." Itachi's eyes closed, just by the way he spoke Deidara could tell the influx of memories were a burden for him, "what I did to you, the things I said... It wasn't me. I'm sorry."

"You've already apologized." Deidara's restraint was giving out. He wanted to show warmth to this alpha.

"I know but I did not know the entirety of what I had done back then. Now I know so it's only appropriate to apologize again. The memory of me using my mangekyo on you haunts me."

"I forgive you, Itachi-san." Deidara could not show the alpha physical kindness but he could allow this little truth to slip out.

Itachi smiled, his sullen face for once was appeared happy but Deidara could tell it was a farce. It was fake happiness. It was too much for Deidara. "I'm going to go check on my cousin, if you decide to go I'll see you tomorrow, Itachi-san." Deidara bowed and escaped into Naruto's room. Itachi didn't have time to reply. As soon as Deidara closed the door he pressed himself against the door frame and sunk to his knees. His put his hand over his heart. He didn't really believe in the power of prayer but for the first time in his life he was desperate. He clasped his hands, bowed his head, and prayed to Kaguya to make him strong enough to overcome these feelings.

For the sake of his cousin and him self he prayed that Itachi found something to make him truly happy so that he could finally stop feeling sorry for a demon.

XXXXXXXXX

"There has still been no word from the Hyūgas, we should strike before they can!"

"That's exactly what they want, they stay silent because they want us to rush in like fools!"

"They're cowards they would never do something like that! They stay silent because they fear us!"

"Quiet!" Sasuke hushed the squabbling men of his council, "the Hyūgas are many things but above all else they are arrogantly proud. They will attack, do not doubt that."

"I agree with, Sasuke-sama." Shisui declared. "To even question if the Hyūgas will attack is preposterous."

"Then what holds them!? They should've retaliated by now! I have my men on standby, they grow restless waiting!" Obito growled heatedly.

"Perhaps they seek the most opportune moment?"

"The opportune moment is now while Itachi-sama is recovering!" Danzo boldly stated.

The councilmen loyal to Sasuke glared at Danzo for insinuating something so rude. The old man had basically implied that the Uchiha clan was weak and therefore an easy target while Sasuke was in charge. Ever since the possibility of Itachi being reinstated as king became known Danzo had been showing where his loyalties belonged to day by day

"What?" Danzo eyed his peers as if they were the ones out of line, "it's true, Fugaku-san would agree with me, isn't that right Fugaku-san?"

Fugaku remained quiet. He agreed, they all knew it but would this be the moment he finally admitted it out loud?

The door swung open, casting the spotlight off Fugaku and onto the three people who had entered the room.

Two guards held a small submissive by both of his arms. His head was hung, a cascade of tangled brown hair hid his face in a shadow. He wore an all black traveling garment. It was caked in dirt, soiled as if the submissive had lived in the outfit for a awhile. On the collar of his suit top there were four slanting lines-falling rain.

"We're sorry to interrupt your meeting Sasuke-sama but we apprehended this submissive in the outskirts of our clan territory. We were going to question him but he demanded to speak with you. He says he has information to tell you about Neji Hyūga."

Some of the members of the council gasped, wondering whom the mysterious submissive was.

"Raise your head, Haku." Sasuke had figured it out almost immediately. It was the Mist country symbol embroidered on his top that confirmed the submissives identity. He only knew one submissive from Mist country that resided here in the north and that submissive was Neji's crazy bride, Haku Hyūga.

Haku raised his head. A loving smiled fanned across his red lips as he gazed right into Sasuke's eyes. "I missed you."

"I almost didn't recognize you without that hulking bodyguard you tote around not behind you. What did you come all this way to tell me? It must be important if you traveled so far without your pet."

"I don't need him, I can defend myself. He's more for show." Haku iced over his hand, in the process the guards arms holding him also froze over. The guards let out a startled scream.

"What did you do to us!?"

Haku rolled his eyes, "stop crying, it's disgusting." To the astonishment of the council Haku melted the ice away just as easily as he had produced it. A submissive that could use jutsus was always a startling sight here in the north. Not to Sasuke though, he was used to it. No jutsu wielding submissive would ever be able to surprise him, how could they when Naruto amazed him enough for one lifetime?

"I didn't bring him because it wasn't an option. I snuck away from the Hyūga clan in the dead of night."

"Why do that?" Danzo looked Haku over with an excited feverish look in his old eyes. He was attracted to Haku's power.

Haku glared at Danzo as if were a simpering pig, he was a disgustingly weak looking dominant, "A very simple reason," Haku turned his gaze to Sasuke, a loving look settled in his honey brown eyes, "I love your king."

The councilmen stared at Haku, astonishment coloring all of their faces. They weren't sure what to do with the information. It was scandalous to even think of Sasuke with another submissive. Was this their king's mistress? No, Sasuke didn't look so keen to the submissives declaration of love so that couldn't be it. As they tried to figure the situation out Fugaku looked Haku up and down calculatedly, like a pawn he had not been aware was even on his chessboard.

"What is it that you want to tell me, Haku?" Sasuke glared. He had thought that scar he had given Haku would at least make the crazy submissive realize that he would never love him but he looked as obsessed as ever.

"I came to heed a warning. I am loyal to power and you Sasuke-san are the most powerful dominant I've ever met. My husband plans to seek revenge, I have traveled nonstop to deliver you this news."

"What does he plan?"

"To harm that blond submissive you rejected me for. I could care less if he dies, he is not worthy of you, but if he does it'll ruin you and I cant risk that."

The room grew quiet.

"Do you know when he plans to attack?"

"He didn't trust me enough to ever tell me. But he has many things planned for Naruto. He wants to rip your child out of Naruto's womb and thrust a kunai through its heart."

"I see," Sasuke glared, his anger piqued over the fact that the Hyūga bastard had the balls to even think he'd ever let that happen, "Is that all you have to tell me?"

"Unfortunately yes." Haku was in heaven, sniffing up Sasuke's angry scent.

"Do you want us to put him in the dungeon, Sasuke-sama?" One the guards offered, more than willing to put Haku away in a cold dark cellar.

"No, take him to a sleeping chamber. Assign him a maid to help him bathe and comb his hair. He deserves at least that for coming to tell us Neji's plans. But have his window barred and guards at his doors posted at all times."

"Yes sir." The guard obeyed with a disappointed frown. "Follow us, Haku-san."

"Visit me later, Sasuke-san." Haku blew a kiss to Sasuke then went after the guards.

"Its exactly as Sasuke-sama said, the Hyūgas plan to attack!"

"So they are going to attack in secret without any declaration of war? Should I have my men start marching?"

Sasuke shook his head, "didn't you hear what he said? Haku said Neji plans to attack Naruto. That means he won't march his army over here, he'll send a small group, possibly even one person. His goal isn't war it's revenge. The only person who needs the protection of your men is Naruto. Select a group you deem worthy and then call off the rest of them."

"Call off the army? That's insane!" Danzo yelled. "We should seek Itachi-sama's council, he knows how to deal with Neji better than any of us!"

"As does Sasuke-sama or have you forgotten he beat the Hyūga king in a duel!"

"Enough," Sasuke yelled, "fighting amongst ourselves will get us nowhere. What we need to do is have guards on Naruto at all times and postpone the party tomorrow until the Hyūgas attack. If we don't it'll be the perfect setting for them to hatch their plan."

"Nonsense, the party will take place. We won't halt our lives just for the Hyūgas. Your brother will have his celebration." Fugaku dismissed Sasuke.

Sasuke stared at his father. He knew his father had and always would favor Itachi but it still bothered him. His father had made him king, whether he liked it or not. He hadn't asked for it but now that he was king his father should respect him since he was the one who had forced the title onto him. He had been undermining him and the decisions he made ever since Itachi had awoken. It was the exact thing he had feared would happen. The councilmen looked away as the old king and the current king locked eyes. The tension was palpable.

A rapid knock sounded on the council room door. Not even a second later a messenger came bursting in. He hurriedly bowed twice, "forgive me for intruding but Itachi-san sent me! He would like to have a word with you, Fugaku-san!

"Itachi sent for me?" Fugaku looked away from Sasuke, as always his attention was entirely dominated by his eldest son.

"Yes, he's out in the dragon tea room waiting for you!"

"He's come out of his room? Fugaku stood up. As if possessed he left the council room leaving Sasuke and their conversation behind.

The messenger bowed, apologizing again for interrupting then exited.

The council meeting couldn't continue even if Sasuke desired it. The councilmen were restless; their attention was consumed with what Itachi's emergence back into society meant and what had prompted it. Even his loyal councilmen were distracted. He couldn't blame them, He was interested too. He hadn't seen his brother at all. He hadn't even tried to. A part of him felt guilty about it. He loved his brother, well, the man who used to be his brother before all the craziness happened. In a way he felt he owed it to Itachi to at least go to him and hear from him. The problem was he didn't know what state of mind Itachi was in right now. His brother had willingly secluded himself and stopped all advances on Naruto. Sasuke could only hope that meant that Itachi had regained his sanity. But something like that sounded too good to be true.

"I'll adjourn the meeting. You may all leave."

The councilmen bowed and began to leave one by one.

"What about the celebration tomorrow? Is it cancelled?" Shisui questioned.

"No, my father will have the party whether I want it or not."

"Your brother is my best friend but your fathers loyalty to him is becoming borderline treacherous. It's not right."

Danzo eyed them, no doubt to gather everything said so he could report it to Fugaku later.

"It is but nothing can be done."

Shisui followed Sasuke's gaze where Danzo sat smiling a faint fake smile. The old man was like an example of Sasuke's words. There were too many disloyalties to do anything. The Uchiha clan was divided. Unless Itachi him self came forward and renounced his desire to be king many of the Uchiha people would always be loyal to him.

It was Itachi's birthright to be king and unfortunately for a regent like Sasuke he hadn't been born as lucky.

XXXXXXXX

The sky was heavy with dark clouds. Rain spilled from the black sky, wetting the earth and making the air frigid. Lighting snaked out every once in awhile. Striking close but never close enough to actually strike him. Naruto was frozen solid to the ground. He was on his back with his eyes wide open, looking up at the tumultuous sky. He heard a song drift over the harsh winds. The song was lulling, pulling him from his hazy dream like state. He sat up, stretching his arms as if awaking from a deep sleep. He brought his hand to his belly as he always did and immediately screamed. His stomach was flat; he could see his lacquered geta and tabi covered feet. He hadn't been able to see his feet since he was four and half months pregnant. He began to hyperventilate. Where was his son!?

He jumped up, light on his feet now. "Where is my son!?" Naruto screamed but his voice was swallowed by the howling wind. He wildly looked around; he was in a field of flowers. They were beautiful fire flowers, shining brightly even in the muddling rain. He heard the song again, somber and melodic and yet still loud enough to reach Naruto's ears over the whipping wind. Where was the song coming from? Then he saw the source. It was a man, a lonely beautiful alpha with red eyes and long black hair. Itachi-san? What was he doing here? An instinctive sense of fear overcame Naruto. What Itachi had done to him traumatized him. He had made him forget his mate, if he did it once he could do it again! Naruto crouched, intent on hiding but then he realized something. If Itachi was the only one here then Itachi had been the one to take his baby! Anger prickled Naruto's skin, he jumped back onto his feet and ignited his hand with a rasengan. He ran, a primal yell spilling from his lips. The urge to kill consumed him. Itachi turned and locked his eyes on his. Naruto instantly stopped. He crumpled to the ground. The song began to play again. It was such a sad song it made Naruto's heart clench.

"Where is my son?" Naruto cried, his rasengan withered, "why did you take him?" Naruto's voice grew small, he felt like he was being swallowed by a wave, everything was muffling out. Even Itachi was fading away.

Itachi frantically shook his head. He was on his feet now, fire burning in his hands as he said something that Naruto could not hear.

"Why did you take him from me?" Naruto sobbed as everything turned black. "I trusted you! Why did you betray me!"

Naruto woke up with a start. He had the feeling that he had just had a bad dream but he couldn't remember what it was about. It had been happening a lot lately. He absently rubbed at his stomach, it was a habit he didn't know why but he sometimes felt like one day he'd go to touch his stomach and the swell would no longer be there. He only wanted that to happen after he gave birth.

The room was dark, no light filtered through the heavy curtain meaning that the sun had already set. Naruto felt the onset of a panic attack settling in. Sasuke was still not here! He struggled to sit up, whipping his eyes around and then stopped when he caught a flash of color. Red eyes shining like rubies in the dark.

Naruto whimpered, he stretched his arms open, "what are you doing over there, come to me!"

Sasuke had been watching him sleep, protective as always. He had been more so than usual lately.

Sasuke crossed the room and enveloped his submissive.

"I missed you," Naruto murmured into the soft fabric of Sasuke's chest. Sasuke laughed, the baritone of it warmed Naruto's heart. He loved that sound.

"I just saw you last night, love. How could you possibly miss me?"

"The day feels too long when Sasuke isn't here." Naruto replied as he snuggled closer into Sasuke's chest. He was trying to imprint the scent on to him.

"I know what you mean." Sasuke ran his hand through Naruto's hair in a slow and calming manner. "I've missed you too."

Naruto had always been clingy, but since the Itachi incident he had reached a whole new level of codependency. He craved his alphas presence. He needed him next to him or else he felt uneasy.

"You were watching me sleep again?" Naruto kissed Sasuke's jaw. "Why? I'd rather you lay beside me."

"My suspicions were confirmed today. Neji's targeting you."

Naruto was quiet for a second, he smiled suddenly, "let him come for me then. I feel safe when I know those red eyes of yours are watching over me." Naruto kissed Sasuke's down turned lips, peppering his alphas serious face with kisses.

"Naruto, this isn't something to smile about, it's serious!"

"I remember that I used to hate this color," Naruto mused as he dragged his fingers around Sasuke's eyes while completely ignoring Sasuke's reprimand, "this blood red color that used to remind me of my terrible sister but now," Naruto leaned forward and gave Sasuke a slow and languid kiss, he let his lips rest against Sasuke's as he looked up and saw Sasuke's red eyes boring into him, he pulled back slightly, "it's my favorite color in the world now because of you. It makes me feel safe and warm."

Sasuke melted; Naruto was so very good at calming him. He had been tense all day, dealing with so much that he felt on edge but Naruto easily eased it away. "I'm happy I can make you feel that way," Sasuke kissed Naruto again, just as slow as Naruto had kissed him, "you make me feel the same way."

Naruto smiled against Sasuke's lips. "Lay down with me?" Naruto took Sasuke's hand in his and pulled him to lay down beside him. They were quiet for a few moments, breathing in each other's scents after being apart all day. They kissed a few times, soft kisses that built up into more passionate ones, small pecks, and wet kisses with sucking. All kinds of kisses ensued until they were both satisfied.

"Did you feel that?" Naruto turned his face just as Sasuke tried to recapture his lips.

"Feel what?" Sasuke muttered distracted as he tried to kiss Naruto again but was rebuffed for the second time when Naruto sat up which made him completely miss and kiss the air instead.

"This," Naruto grabbed Sasuke's hand and laid it flat against his belly, "feel your son growing inside me, he's restless tonight."

Sasuke smiled, a warm radiant kind of smile that was rare. Naruto only got glimpses of this smile when Sasuke was very happy. He absolutely adored it. "Is he always like this?"

"It depends. One time I had Dei-nii put his ear to it and he said it sounded like water whooshing in there. Orochimaru-san told me it's normal for an energetic baby to move like that."

"So he takes after you?" Sasuke teased, "I want to hear him too, can I?"

"Of course you can, why would you even ask!" Naruto lay back against the soft pillows; he lifted his chiffon slip so that it was bunched over his stomach.

"You've gotten bigger." Sasuke observed amazed. He rubbed at Naruto's protruding stomach. The lines of his tattoo appeared almost stretched. Was it normal to be so big? "It's beautiful." Sasuke kissed Naruto's round belly then lowered himself so he could put his ear against it. He lay on his side in between Naruto's parted legs.

Naruto blushed; Sasuke had never done this before. To have his alpha so close and listen to the child they had created together made him inexplicably happy.

"I can hear him!" Sasuke exclaimed, "He sounds like he's dancing." Sasuke laughed, he pressed his ear closer, fascinated by the swooshing sound.

"I think he likes your voice, try saying something to him." Naruto urged, just as excited.

"Hmm," Sasuke thought for a second, "my son, I love you." Sasuke and Naruto shared a smile when they saw the baby move, his still forming appendages rose against Naruto's skin creating a rippling effect.

"Say something else!"

"Your mother is very beautiful, you will be lucky to call such a submissive your mother." Sasuke whispered to the belly, the baby moved instantly as if trying to get out.

"He loves you." Naruto beamed, he rubbed the side of his belly as he gazed lovingly at Sasuke while he continued to listen to their son. "I love you, too."

Sasuke kissed Naruto's belly. "I love you both." His son had protected Naruto from Itachi. How? Sasuke had no idea but he did know that his son loved him enough to know who his real father was. The fact that he wasn't even born yet and already loved him warmed Sasuke's heart.

Naruto caressed Sasuke's cheek, "I know."

Sasuke placed his ear back over Naruto's belly. As he listened to his son move he remembered Haku's words. Neji wanted to silence his son forever by cutting him out from Naruto's belly and ramming a kunai through him. Sasuke growled, angry all over again just by thinking about it.

"Whats wrong?!" Naruto sat partially up as he glanced around the room to see what could've possibly angered his alpha.

"It's Neji. He said he'd kill our son by cutting him out of you and stabbing him!"

Naruto reigned in his own predatory growl. He ran his hand through Sasuke's hair to calm him down, "I told you already, nothing will happen. I'm safe as long as I have you."

"Neji won't stop, he's a cheater. He'll find a-"

"Shh," Naruto ran his fingers through Sasuke's hair in a circular motion, "sleep, don't think of anything unpleasant, you had a long day."

Sasuke's eyes reluctantly drifted closed. Naruto's calm crooning and nimble fingers playing with his hair entranced him.

"Sleep, my king."

And Sasuke did.

XXXXXXXX

"So, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about, Itachi?" Fugaku regarded his son as if he were a shiny artifact. When he looked at Itachi he didn't see a person, he saw an ideal king for his clan. He was an ideal and not a living person. "I assume you want to discuss the proposal I sent you?"

"Yes, the proposal amongst other things." Itachi sighed wearily. He pulled the folded document out from his pocket and unfolded it so that it laid flat against the table. The proposal quite plainly stated that-"you want me to re-take my position as king of the Uchiha clan?"

"Yes." Fugaku agreed as if Itachi merely saying that aloud was fueling his desire. "Your brother did as well as he could but no one can lead our clan like you. Your brother stepped into the king role because there was no other choice, I needed to bind the Uzumaki's to our clan. They are now bound; their son is having our clan heir. You are back, this is the perfect moment for you to take your rightful place as ruler."

Itachi sighed again, his fathers words settled heavy on his mind, his father shared the same beliefs that had plagued his mind only days ago. "And Naruto, you expect me to marry him?"

"Yes, it's just as you wanted right? I'll let you have him." Fugaku boasted.

His parents had been the one aspect he had worried about back when his mind was drowning in rage. He had wondered how he'd be able to get his father to give him Naruto. The problem was he didn't want Naruto anymore...no he did but it wasn't an option to want him. "He isn't yours to give, he belongs to Sasuke."

"Your brother foolishly fell in love with that submissive. He wasn't ever truly his to begin with. Besides I have other plans for Sasuke. There's a submissive from the bloody mist that's in love with your brother. I've never liked the bloody mist but it'd be wise to bind our clans together. Imagine, we'll gain a powerful ally and take away the Hyūgas most powerful one in the process. It's perfect."

"Naruto is surrounded by light that is beyond my reach. No matter what you do he will never leave Sasuke's side and Sasuke will never marry another submissive. I've seen their love, they're destined." Itachi snatched the proposal and bunched it up into a ball. He ignited it, burning the paper in the palm of his hand until it was nothing but ashes, "I don't want any part of your proposal. I've had enough."

"What do you mean you've had enough!?" Fugaku bellowed.

Itachi stood. "Tomorrow at my celebration I'll announce my support for Sasuke as king and put an end to the divide in our clan. Good night father."

Itachi stalked away. He was tired, far too tired. He hadn't felt like himself for a long time. Guilt over what he had done to Naruto and his brother led him to isolate him self but even in seclusion he was wrought with pangs of guilt. All the anger he held for his brother vanished that night he saw him with Naruto. How could he stand between love like that? Betrayal drove him to insanity but his reaction to the betrayal drove him to the guilt-ridden existence he was currently suffering in. He didn't know how to fix it but he knew one thing he didn't want to be king. He didn't even want to be in the Uchiha clan anymore. He wanted to go far, far away and let his heart heal. But first he needed to make things right here.

As Itachi walked an image came to mind, of a pretty submissive that was as strong as any alpha. With hair the color of a daisy and a temper as hot as the sun.

Deidara.

The submissive was the one who made him feel the guiltiest. He had tortured him for who knew how long with his mangekyo. It made him want to hide his face forever he was ashamed. To harm a submissive was something he did not believe in. Before he left he had to make things right with all but especially Deidara. If he didn't his conscience would never rest easy again of that he was sure.

XXXXXXXX

Sasuke fell asleep and woke up with his head on Naruto's thigh. Naruto's fingers were stroking through his hair, he could feel the swell of Naruto's stomach against his head. Their curtain was open and fresh air was wafting in, Naruto must've opened it at some point. It was pitch black outside, stars twinkled in the blanket of darkness that was the sky. Naruto was humming a soft tune, it sounded like a lullaby. The baby seemed to like the song as he could feel it suddenly jostle around inside Naruto.

"You like my singing, baby?" Naruto hummed happily to their child. "It's been awhile since mommy's sung to you, huh? You must've missed it." Naruto began to hum again, soft and calm like the wind gently blowing outside.

Sasuke blinked his eyes. He felt like he was dreaming, like he had woken up in an alternate reality where none of the craziness with his brother had ever happened and everything was right in the Uchiha clan.

But the swell of Naruto's stomach felt so real and Naruto's humming was so life like. He had never had such a realistic dream before...

"Naruto?" Sasuke hesitantly called out, he was scared that his suspicions would be confirmed and this really turned out to be a dream.

Naruto's humming abruptly stopped. He gasped, clearly not expecting for Sasuke to be awake. "You're supposed to be sleeping." Naruto chided. He dragged his hand through Sasuke's black locks as he spoke, "you've been awake since before the sun even came up, you need your rest. Go back to sleep."

Sasuke turned to face Naruto; his head was still nestled on Naruto's lap. As he eased his body into the new position he felt sluggish, exhausted even. He hadn't noticed it at all but his body definitely felt heavy, the way it did after he'd have a long spar with Itachi back in the day. "What happened? Am I dreaming?"

"You aren't dreaming." Naruto laughed but then turned serious, "You went a little crazy talking about Neji so I asked you to go to sleep"

"Neji," Sasuke's anger returned to him with the mere mention of the Hyūga alpha's name.

"Don't even think of him." Naruto caressed Sasuke's cheek, "I'm hungry, let's have something to eat."

"What do you crave?" Sasuke sat up; his attention fluttered away from Neji now that he knew his submissive was hungry.

"You." Naruto giggled at his childish joke.

"Seriously, tell me." Sasuke kissed Naruto's amused face.

"I want something sweet like cakes filled with azuki beans! Or maybe strawberries-wait no " Naruto rubbed his stomach as it let out a growl. "I want lemon tarts!"

"What is that?" Sasuke chuckled at Naruto's enthusiasm. It was infectious.

"It's a Whirlpool dessert my mom used to make for me and Karin when we were little. It's like a pie but so much sweeter and better."

"I can ask a cook to make it for you, maybe one of them knows how to make it."

Naruto shook his head, "No it'll be better if I make it and besides I don't want to wake them so late just because I'm craving something. Help me up."

Sasuke helped Naruto to his feet, he fetched him some indoor zori and an over robe. They traveled through the dark palace, only able to see by the spaced out burning candles that hung mounted on a silver candelabra on the hall walls. The kitchen was as expected, deserted. Sasuke lit a couple of candles. He sat back and watched as Naruto got to work. He helped occasionally whenever Naruto needed assistance retrieving something from the food closet. Naruto's cheeks and hands were caked in flour and his hair was messy when he was finally done.

"I'm so happy I remembered the recipe!" Naruto popped one of the sugary tarts into his mouth, his eyes turned up into two moon crescents as he smiled, "it's so good, I know you don't like sweets but you have to try one!" Naruto brought a tart to Sasuke's lips. "Please," Naruto's eyes practically twinkled.

Sasuke gave in; he parted his lips and let Naruto gingerly shove the sweet into his mouth.

"How is it, good right?"

Sasuke swallowed the ball of sugar down. He feigned a smile. "It's delicious."

Naruto let out a little huff of air, he hadn't been fooled, "it's okay if you don't like it. I'll just make them for our baby when he's old enough to eat food. Hopefully he'll get his mommy's love for sweets!"

Sasuke agreed. He hoped his son took after Naruto in every aspect. Another little ray of sunshine in his life would be nice.

The Uchiha couple ate the rest of their treat-well Naruto did as Sasuke watched him. It was nice and quiet until a slew of guards came stomping into the kitchen.

"Sasuke-sama, thank Kaguya we found you. We have visual on a carriage coming towards the palace!"

"A carriage?" Sasuke jumped to his feet, "is it the Hyūgas?"

"No, sir. It's a carriage from our sovereigns home country, Whirlpool."

Naruto looked at Sasuke, shock dominated both of their features. They hadn't expected any visitors from whirlpool.

"What should we do, Sasuke-sama? A foreign visitor coming this late has never happened before."

"Let's go greet whoever they are. Whirlpool are our allies, we should give them a warm welcome."

Sasuke went with the guards. Naruto went as well, waddling slightly as he tried to keep the hurried pace with the others. The carriage was already stopped in front of the palace. They got there just in time to see a carriage driver open up the carriage door. Out stepped a familiar red headed omega queen dressed in a beautiful blue kimono that shined in the moonlight along with her crown. Naruto pushed passed the guards who had formed a semi-barrier around him and Sasuke and enveloped his mother.

"My baby!" Kushina cried as she hugged Naruto to her chest.

"I missed you so much, mom!" Naruto sniffed his mother's scent, feeling warm and happy as he smelled the scent he had grown up with.

"We didn't think you'd be awake." Kushina confessed as she grabbed both of Naruto's cheeks in her hands and got a good look at him.

"We? Who else came?" Naruto asked excitedly.

"Of course your father came." Minato announced with a flourish as he stepped off the carriage.

"Daddy!" Naruto nearly sobbed.

The king of Whirlpool looked tired but all together happy as he took Naruto into his arms. "My little princess." Minato kissed Naruto's cheek. "I've missed you far more than you'll ever know."

"Welcome back, Minato-san." Sasuke stepped into the little circle of happiness that surrounded the Uzumaki's. "We weren't expecting you."

"We didn't plan on arriving so late but it's far too hot to travel during the day. We came for the celebration tomorrow." Kushina spoke for her husband. "We wanted to surprise Naruto."

"Oh, I wasn't aware you even knew of the party." Kushina was being civil. Sasuke was amazed. The last time he spoke with Kushina he was under the impression that she hated him.

"Its all I hear being gossiped about these days of course I know! But to be honest we planned to come far before that, we wanted to see Naruto before Karin's coronation."

"Is that so? Well then I'm happy you came. Naruto's missed you terribly. Is Karin still in Whirlpool then I presume?"

"Yes, she's ruling in Minato's absence. It's good practice for her."

"That's too bad, I would've loved to have seen her." Sasuke lied. He was relieved he wouldn't have to be dealing with Naruto's brute of a sister. Naruto's parents were already more than enough.

"We'll be sure to tell her."

"Come on in, you must be exhausted."

The group of royals traveled inside to a tearoom.

"Sasuke-sama, do you want us to go wake Fugaku-san and Mikoto-san?"

Kushina made a face of distaste. She raised her hand to the guard, shooing him away. "Don't even bother. I'd rather deal with those two tomorrow when I no longer feel so haggard."

The guard looked to Sasuke to get his confirmation. Sasuke nodded, sending the guard away. Out of everyone in the tearoom he didn't want his parents in the room the most. His father disliked him and he wasn't so sure about his mother felt. She had remained quiet this whole time so he could only assume she was on his fathers side.

"So, how was the journey?" Sasuke asked using the tone he did when dealing with kingly duties.

"It was miserable. I'm just glad we've arrived." Kushina smirked, she looked Sasuke up and down, "you've changed. You've become a king."

"He's not the only who's changed," Minato said as he gazed at his 'little princess.' In the light of indoors Naruto's bulging stomach was showcased making it easier to see, "you really are grown up." There was a pinprick of a tear at the corner of Minato's eye. It was almost like he couldn't believe Naruto was actually pregnant.

Naruto blushed; he put his hand over his belly. "Yeah, I am."

"You're bigger than I was when I was seven months along with you." Kushina eyed Naruto's tummy, she put her hand against it and closed her eyes for a second, "Are you sure you aren't expecting twins?"

Naruto's eyes bulged, "No! Orochimaru would've noticed already if I were!"

"This Orochimaru person could be wrong," Kushina rubbed her sons underbelly, trying to get a better feel, "you're carrying heavy. That only happens with twins."

"Twins are extremely rare in the Uchiha clan. None have ever been born from a reigning sovereign." Sasuke dismissed Kushina's suspicion.

Naruto bit his lip, "Twins would be so nice though. I've secretly been hoping it is twins because I want as many babies as Sasuke can give me."

Minato cleared his throat. "Let's take small steps. One baby at a time."

"No, he's right. Although it's impossible twins would be nice." Sasuke smiled at his blushing submissive. He had no idea Naruto yearned for such a thing. It was adorable; he wanted to have as many kids as he could with Naruto too.

Minato glared at Sasuke. "One is more than enough for now, my son is still young."

"Sweetie, shush." Kushina calmed her alpha, "you don't understand us omegas. Once we get a taste of motherhood it's instinctual to want to produce as much as we can. If my womb hadn't hardened I would've given you more than two children."

Minato stood quiet. He shared a look with Sasuke though which showed he still meant what he had said.

"Naruto, I just noticed, why are you wearing such a thing?" Kushina tugged on the fabric covering Naruto's stomach. "You should be showing your belly!"

"Why would he be?" Sasuke intoned, annoyed that Kushina wanted Naruto to be showing his naked skin and also confused as to why she would even want that.

"It's a custom for us Whirlpool omegas to show off our pregnant bellies. Only royal Uzumaki omegas are born with the stomach tattoo, it's a symbol of pride. We show off our belly because we have fulfilled our prime duty to our clan."

"So you want others to see Naruto's stomach?"

"That's the whole point. We want people to see!" Kushina tsked her tongue, "It's fortunate I brought you a gown for tomorrow's celebration. It'll show off your bump for all to see."

Sasuke rubbed his temples; he'd have to deal with that tomorrow.

"You look littler than I thought you'd be, I hope it fits," Kushina said worriedly, "you need to eat more! Your stomach is the only part that's big on you, everything else is much too small!"

"Mom," Naruto exclaimed as he suddenly remembered something, "I made lemon tarts, you have to taste them. I made them exactly as you taught me. They came out a little too sweet but they're still good. I was actually eating them when you and dad got here."

"I'd love to try them." Kushina smiled sweetly. She was happy; these Uchiha brutes hadn't ruined her son as she thought they would. Or at least as far as she could see. Naruto was thin but that could easily be fixed with food, she wanted to know of the changes that couldn't be seen with the naked eye. Last she heard there was an assassin on the loose that had yet to be caught. It worried her. "Why doesn't Sasuke go get them? That'll give us some time to truly catch up."

"Very well then I'll go." Sasuke moved to get up but Naruto latched onto his arm before he could.

"No, I'll have a maid go." Naruto tittered as he tightened his grip.

"That's crazy talk, let him go I want to have a moment alone with my baby!" Kushina frowned.

"It's fine, love. I'll be right back. Be with your parents. You won't be able to have a quiet moment when all the guests arrive tomorrow."

Naruto shook his head, "I can't let you go." Naruto was too attached to let his alpha part from him if it wasn't necessary, if he could go with Sasuke to council meetings he would. "Please don't leave me."

Sasuke adopted a somber expression. His loves recently developed clinginess saddened him. It wasn't because Naruto was so needy it was because Naruto had become this way because of what Itachi had done to him. Sasuke suspected Naruto was scared of forgetting him again that's why he never wanted him out of his sight.

"What's going on, honey? Let your mate go. He will be right back. This is ridiculous, all that just to retrieve some lemon tarts!"

"If he goes I'll go with him. I don't want him to go where I can't see him."

"What did you do to him to make him so dependent on you!" Kushina knew it was too good to be true. She tried to be civil and yet these Uchihas had still let her down. "My son is a strong Whirlpool omega, he should never be so dependent on his alpha!"

"Some things happened with my brother, things that changed Naruto. I'm sorry. More sorry than I could even express."

Minato could see things were escalating, Kushina looked ready to attack and knowing her she would. His wife calmed him whenever he lost his cool and it was his job to do the same for her. He was angry too but to attack the Uchiha king would be unwise. "Let's call it a night. It's late and emotions are running high."

"Fine," Kushina spat, "but we expect a full explanation of what your brother did to my son tomorrow."

The Uzumaki's kissed Naruto goodnight and then were escorted to a sleeping chamber. Sasuke and Naruto went up to their bedroom as well.

Naruto snuggled into Sasuke's chest as they lay on their bed. Sasuke would leave in just a couple of hours for the daily morning council meetings then they'd both be busy with the celebration preparations. The upcoming separation was already giving Naruto anxiety.

"You know I'm not going anywhere right? You don't have to hold me so tightly." Sasuke was worried for his love. "Your parents are right to be concerned about you."

Naruto sat up, he was clearly offended by Sasuke's words, "what do you mean? Do you not want me to hold onto you?"

Sasuke quickly denied Naruto's accusation, "No, that's not it! I'm only worried for you. I know you suffer in my absence and I don't like it. It shouldn't be that way. You know I'm never far, I'll come back to you everyday."

Naruto lost his hardened expression; he wilted like a flower in the snow. "I can't help it, I'm terrified that I might forget you."

"That won't ever happen again, I won't let it." Sasuke assured. He circled Naruto in his arms, making a cage. A symbolic way to show that he'd protect Naruto from that ever happening.

"But you don't know that! We don't know what Itachi's like right now! For all we know he locked his self up because he's planning something else! The anticipation kills me! I feel on edge all the time and it's even worse when you're away!"

"Shh," Sasuke rubbed soothing circles in Naruto's lower back, "I had a suspicion but I had no idea it had this much of an effect on you." Sasuke didn't know what his brother was like right how, he himself wanted to know. It was time he put his cowardice aside and go visit Itachi. "I'll speak to him tomorrow before the party begins."

"He'll just turn you away. I've heard he turned Fugaku away twice already." Naruto sniffled.

"He might not. Today at the council meeting he sent for my father. The messenger said Itachi was waiting in a tearoom for him. He's finally come out."

"Itachi's out!?" Naruto felt panic eat at him, as if it devoured him whole it wracked through his whole body.

"Don't worry I'll speak to him for you. I'll gauge how he is mentally. If he's still crazed I'll fight him. If he's not-if that happens we'll see what he has to say."

Naruto shook his head, "I should speak to him. He needs to hear from me and I need to hear it from his lips too." Naruto put his hand over his stomach, he was scared but he needed to do it, "I want you to come with me though. I may be brave but I'm not stupid. I won't meet with him alone while I'm like this."

"If that's what you want then that's what we'll do." Sasuke wanted his submissive feel at ease so he'd do anything Naruto asked of him. "Let's go to sleep now, we'll both have a long day tomorrow."

Naruto lay down. He tried to go to sleep but no matter how hard he tried he couldn't. When he finally managed to sleep he had another bad dream. In it he had lost his son again and Itachi was there. Yelling something he could not hear. It was a desperate cry-a plea that Naruto yearned to know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.8K 2.7K 26
✅Complete ⚠️SENSITIVE CONTENT READ AT YOUR OWN RISK THANK YOU⚠️ 𝓣𝓸𝔁𝓲𝓬 𝓡𝓮𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹⚠️ TRAUMA⚠️ Naruto: Omega Sasuke: Alpha When Naru...
257K 7.6K 27
Female Naruto Naruto Uzumaki Namikaze, heiress to both corporations is forced into marrying one of the heir of Uchiha Corp - Uchiha Sasuke, a stuck...
83.9K 2.6K 11
An argument that left Naruto feeling broken. An accident filling Sasuke with regret. Hopefully it's not too late. *Warning: This is a BoyXBoy love...
1.6K 32 12
Bringing back an unconscious Sasuke, Naruto is beaten and hurt but his spirit is never broken even though he has a hole in his chest and is somehow s...