A Single Second

Von AgnaEoh2

Destinee Parker Williams is a young girl entering her first year of high school in Greenville, Tennessee. She... Mehr

Prologue
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30

CHAPTER 12

173 6 0
Von AgnaEoh2

CHAPTER 12

DESTINEE

As promised, Destinee's uniform was ready by the following Monday. Destinee put it on in the shop and showed Daniel. The uniform was simple. It was a dark blue, pleated skirt with a cream blouse, a smoke grey cardigan with an Umbridge patch on the left side, and matching knee socks. She was to wear black shoes with it.

"So," said Destinee as she emerged from Erma's back room, clad in her new uniform, "what do you think?"

Daniel smiled. "Very nice."

And before long, the two were walking out of Erma's Threads, bags in hand, heading back to the apartment.

Looking around, Destinee couldn't believe she'd been in New York a week. It seemed just yesterday that she was in Greenville, putting a hole through the wall in her closet, spinning in her dad's chair, waiting for her parents to come for her. And yet, it seemed like she'd been in New York forever.

It was Tuesday and Destinee was beginning to worry. Though she had her uniform and her new shoes and leotard for Fleur De la Fontaine, she was still frightened about the prospect of going to school with no one she knew, in a strange place. She was also nervous about her dancing. What if Fleur De la Fontaine didn't like her? What then?

"You'll be fine," Daniel assured her as they sat down for lunch. "Trust me."

But Destinee didn't want to trust anyone. She wanted to go back to high school in Greenville, where she already had friends and knew all the teachers. She wanted to go back to her mom's dance classes, where she felt safe and secure.

Destinee told all this to Daniel.

"Well, of course you're scared," said Daniel as he took a bite of his sandwich. "You're in a new place, going to a new school, with new people, new teachers, new everything. On top of that, you're living with a guy you've only known for a week, in a strange apartment, in a strange city, without your family and friends. Believe me, anyone would be freaked."

"Yeah, I guess so," Destinee said with a sigh. "I just wish I could get my mind off of it."

When Destinee had left home, she didn't want to think about how much she would miss her family, or how difficult it would be for her - and them - when she was gone. Though she hadn't intended to, Destinee found herself wanting to give them a call, and that's exactly what she did.

It was her dad that answered the phone.

"Hey, Sweetie," he said after she'd said hello. "How's life in the big city?"

"It's good," said Destinee. "We've gone shopping, gone to the beach, to New Jersey, and I'm even starting dance classes on Thursday."

"Wow," said Zeke, "you've certainly been busy."

"Yeah, I have."

There was a slight pause.

"School starts tomorrow," Destinee told her dad. "I'm going to this school called Umbridge. Daniel says it's really good."

At the sound of Daniel's name, Zeke had cleared his throat. "Good, good. How about I get your mother?"

"Yeah, sure," said Destinee.

There was a long pause while Zeke went to get Destinee's mom, Debbie.

Sure, Destinee knew her dad wouldn't like knowing his little girl had another dad, a real dad, and that they were actually getting along, but how

could he expect her to never mention him? It was as though he was shocked that she dare mention that man's name.

She hoped her mom would be different.

"Destinee?" It was Debbie.

"Hi, mom," said Destinee, glad to hear her mother's voice again. "How are you?"

"Oh," said Debbie with a sigh, "same as always. Vicky and Patrick are getting ready to go back to school. It starts on Tuesday for them. And my

dance classes are fuller than ever, though I miss my star student."

"Thanks."

"Will you still be continuing with dance?"

Destinee thought a moment. Should she tell her mom about Fleur De la Fontaine? Well, it was just an audition on Thursday, wasn't it? It was just

to see if she could take lessons at Gambiller. Nothing was set in stone yet.

"Um, I might be. We'll see," she said after a moment.

"Oh, well you should, dear. You have too much talent."

"Thanks mom."

Destinee and Debbie talked for about ten minutes before the phone was finally passed on to Victoria.

"Hey there," said the voice that belonged to Destinee's older sister. "So, tell me all about New York."

'It's amazing," began Destinee, and the next five minutes were spent telling Victoria all about the sights and the people of New York.

"We went shopping at the coolest places. I even got this new leotard. It's one of the best there is."

"Nice," said Vicky. "Okay, so Patrick won't leave me alone. He says he has some business with you and that it's urgent."

"I see."

"Yeah, so I'm going to give him the phone before I kill him. Talk to you later."

Destinee could hear Vicky and Patrick talking on the other end, though their words were muffled and she couldn't make them out. After a minute

or so, she heard Patrick's "Hello" on the other end.

"Hey, Patty."

"Ah," said Patrick slowly. "It's good to see the nickname hasn't died, even though you're now several states away."

They both laughed at this.

"So is Daniel giving you a hard time?" Patrick asked, very serious.

"Why would you even ask that?"

"I don't know. Dad seems to think he's some horrible guy. It's all he talks about. Did you know that we had our first family meal that didn't include talk about his newest patient yesterday?"

Destinee laughed. "Monumental."

"You're not kidding," said Patrick with a sigh. "So, word around here is that you're going to some fancy shmancy, rich kid school now."

Word around here? Briefly, Destinee wondered how he'd found out, but... of course. Daniel had been keeping her mom updated. There was no

other explanation.

"Well, I wouldn't call it fancy shmancy," said Destinee. "But yeah, it is a bit of a rich kid school, if you must know."

Patrick laughed at this.

"So, what's this urgent business you have with me anyway?"

"Oh," said Patrick, his laughs subsiding, "that. It's nothing, really. I just wanted to let you know that you owe me big time."

"For what?" Destinee asked, intrigued.

"For leaving me back here in Greenville with a sobbing sister and mother and an angry, quiet father, while you go and party with the rich in good

old New York City."

"Has it been that bad?"

"Only most of the time," Patrick told her. "Honestly, it hasn't been terrible, though mom's been completely insane. She seems to think that without

you, her dance classes are going to fall apart, and I think dad's decided to become "Father of the Year" or something. It's only been about a week and

already we've been to a baseball game, played golf twice, and gone out for pizza and ice cream every other day."

"That doesn't sound like dad," Destinee said with a laugh.

"You're telling me. I mean, one day I wake up and suddenly - BAM! - he's decided to be the perfect dad. It's driving me crazy."

Destinee and Patrick talked for almost fifteen more minutes before Patrick sighed.

"Dad's got some movies and popcorn," he said in a not-so-cheerful voice. "I have to go put a stop to this male bonding thing before it gets out of

hand. Talk to you later."

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

9.1M 217K 41
After having his heart broken by Hailey Tucker, the player, Alex Parker transfers to a new school as far away as possible from her. Two years later...
115K 1.3K 17
Magcon imagines here! Jack G Jack J Matthew Cameron Aaron Shawn Sammy Yes I know this isn't all of them, please do not hate. {completed} * This was w...
72.8K 1.3K 45
Destiny Palmer...she seems like your normal teenage girl, but she's far from that. Now that's because she gets bullied, by some of the Magcon boys. A...
433K 12.4K 30
Alexis also known as Alex isn't your typical girl. Alex lives on a small farm in Tennesse. She was used to doing bad things and have her brother help...