Moon Bound [Undergoing Rewrit...

By Sexyglamoruz

After a nightmarish attack, Ludovica loses her entire family. Ever since then, she exterminates all rogue wol... More

Copyright ⓒ 2016 & Author's Note
Prologue ✔
Chapter 1✔
Chapter 2✔
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
CHAPTER SEVEN
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
Final
Author's Note:

CHAPTER TWENTY

17K 632 45
By Sexyglamoruz

For what seemed like an eternity, Hellen stood in silence, her fiery eyes staring intently at Ludovica. Hellen brushed sideways her snow-colored bangs. "I hope that she is worth this sacrifice you are making, Dmitri." Now, she addressed Ludovica. "Are you aware that he is able to teleport himself anywhere and shadow his presence from any adversary. He can wipe out his existence from the earth. Nobody would be capable of tracking him down."

"Then why doesn't he?"

One of her brows arched. "Why do you think? He might be a powerful warlock, but shadowing you as well would drain him completely. If he loses all of his energy, he dies. I doubt you would want that to happen."

"You're correct. I would never want to cause him any harm." Ludovica turned on her heel, but a strong hand grasped hers and forced her to halt.

"Ludovica, on your own, you will not last long out there."

With a growl, she jerked her hand free out of Dmitri's hold and folded her arms over her chest. "If you are capable of doing what she says, then go ahead. Hide your existence. I will not hide. I'm not going to stop until I avenge the deaths of everyone I love."

Hellen propped her hands on her hips. "Your files have been sent out to many bounty hunters, packs, clans and even assassins. Many would do anything for one hundred million dollars. Dmitri is powerful enough to fight any adversary, but you my dear, will fall faster than you can blink."

With a growl, Ludovica stepped closer to Hellen, but Dmitri held her back. "You know nothing about me to be so certain that I will not make it alone."

"Your strength relied on your pack, Alpha. Without it, you are nothing."

"Hellen, please be nice." Lucille came from one of the back rooms, two drinks in hand. She handed one to Hellen and took a mouth full of the other. "Please forgive my friend here. She has lived so long in isolation that she has no idea how to interact with people."

"No." Hellen glared at Ludovica. "I just don't like her."

Dmitri strode to the closest table and took a seat on an empty chair. Hellen sat beside him. Lucille remained standing behind them, a smile on her lips.

"Dmitri, you sure move fast." He appeared bewildered by her words. "She reeks of you."

Ludovica hated how warm her face got. "There's nothing between us."

"Really? Then why do you have his scent imprinted on your skin so strong?" Now, she stared from Dimitri to Ludovica, evident curiosity in her eyes. Then, she smiled. "I'm going to get you some clothes."

"Sit."

Ludovica shot him a look. "Don't order me around."

"Please take a seat. We have much to discuss."

She sat across from him. "So, what's the plan?"

"We are heading into Azle."

Ludovica stared at him in complete disbelief. "Are you out of your mind? Azle is the capital and I doubt we would be safe in such place. We would be walking right into the mouth—"

"Which they would never expect." Hellen smiled. "Smart move if you ask me."

Ludovica folded her fingers into fists. "If you wish to go there, then go ahead. I'm going to search for a way to get back home and take down whoever is behind this."

Hellen stared in complete silence for a couple of minutes. "That would get you killed."

Ludovica glanced at Dmitri. "I cannot abandon them." Tears threatened to rise when she remembered how they had all sacrificed themselves to get Angie and her out of Astros. "I will go back and save them all, even if it means that I die in the process."

"I have been doing lots of research and have asked around." Hellen began. "It seems that whoever attacked your pack wanted you and only you. They have no idea Dmitri exists."

Ludovica averted her gaze. "You're wrong. I'm not the only female alpha left—"

"But you are the only one with a silver wolf spirit."

"So, then the vampire was correct." A growl rumbled in her chest. "The one behind this wanted me for a breeder and attacked now because Alfonso would be in my home as well. His plan was to take them all from me, leaving me alone and broken...easy to make me submit."

Hellen nodded. "And if he finds out about Dmitri. He will kill him as well."

"I think it's best we part ways." She stood but a hand on her shoulder pushed her back down.

Lucille smiled as she handed the clothes to Dmitri. "Go shower and get dressed." Dmitri didn't argue. Lucille didn't speak again until he was out of sight. "I think she is correct."

Hellen stared in astonishment at Lucille. "Why would you agree with her?"

"Diego—"

"Wait, what?" Ludovica felt her heart clench. "Diego is behind this?"

Lucille nodded. "He seeks to be the only alpha of Astros and he has chosen you to be his wife."

Ludovica remembered the boy with blond hair and large emerald-green eyes that she had met when she had turned seventeen. He seemed so shy, sweet and kind. This couldn't be the same wolf Lucille spoke off.

"Do you know him?"

Ludovica nodded. "His father and mine were friends."

Lucille stared at the glass cup she held in her hand. "Greed is capable of changing anyone. That boy is no longer the one you knew."

"Perhaps, I can talk to him and—"

"And what?" Hellen asked. "Once you step foot in Astros, you are never going to leave. That boy has grown stronger—I've heard he took down the other packs all on his own. I know Dmitri is powerful....maybe it's wrong of me to have doubts, but I've heard that Diego has a female warlock helping him."

"She's dead."

Hellen shook her head. "No, she is not."

Dmitri returned and took a seat beside Ludovica. "Who is this witch?"

"I don't know." Hellen took a sip of her drink. "Where is Eleanor?"

Dmitri took a glance at his watch. "I'm guessing Isaac and Anthony didn't let her leave."

"Those boys treat her as if she is a child." Lucille shook her head.

Ludovica remained silent as they continued to talk. Many years ago, Alphas did choose a she-wolf they desired as a breeder, but some had grown mad and taken their own lives. It was something that no longer was continued. However, it was not forbidden.

"I will not fight him." The words escaped her lips before she could stop herself. All eyes were on her as she forced a smile. "What kind of Alpha would I be if I hid whilst those I care for suffer?" When she rose to her feet, Dmitri also stood, his eyes turning amber.

"If you think that I would allow you to turn yourself over to him—"

"Dmitri, please." She fought back the tears. "Who knows what horrendous things they could be going through." She ran her shuddering hands through her hair as she recalled the multiple lacerations Dmitri had when he had been captured. "I can't—I won't let anyone else suffer because of me."

"I doubt they were captured," Hellen said. "Alfonso is one powerful alpha. You should give him more credit."

"If he would have managed to escape, he would have contacted me." She wrapped her arms around herself. "He managed to save them when he pushed me out of Astros, but what can guarantee me that they were not captured before he managed to get them all to safety?"

"Nothing." Lucille set her cup down on the table. "But if they would have been captured, you would have lost already. Diego would have found a way to send you a message stating that if you did not return to Astros, he would kill them all."

"The best thing to do is hand myself over before they are captured."

"You will not do such thing." Dmitri met her gaze. "Do you really believe that he will let those you love walk away unharmed?"

"And," Hellen began. "He will still come after Dmitri. You are bound body and soul."

Ludovica averted her gaze, remembering what Dmitri had told her when he had been locked in the cell. "Find a witch to break it."

Lucille and Hellen stared at her with wide eyes.

"You can't be serious?" Hellen stood. "A bond is sacred!"

"What can't you understand?" Ludovica growled as she turned away from them. "I will not let anyone else suffer. If it means to tears all my ties to everyone then I will accept it."

A slap across her face stunned her into silence. Lucille glared at her, her eyes swirling into a pool of darkness, no white left in them. "How can you call yourself an Alpha? No alpha would give up so easily. What I admired most of the wolves in packs is that they always fought for each other, no matter what. Many packs have fallen at the mercy of Diego...but I see why they fought until the end. They would have rather died than live on their knees."

Ludovica lowered her gaze. Her pack had done everything to get her out of Astros, even if it meant that they would suffer the wrath of Diego. "I'll find a way back to Astros."

"And what do you plan to do when you get there?" Lucille asked, a smile on her lips.

"Kill Diego and end this madness."

Dmitri stood beside her. "We should head over to the house."

"House?"

Hellen smiled at Ludovica. "My home. Don't worry, nobody knows where it is. Dmitri did me the favor long ago to place an invisible forcefield around the perimeter to stop anyone from finding me. There are still many dragon hunters alive and I can't take any chances." She glanced at Dmitri. "So, are we flying there or are you teleporting us there?"

"Walking."

She raised an eyebrow. "Walking?"

"Sorry, my friend. I would teleport us there, but I'm too weak. I need rest."

"She can give you energy. You are mates after all."

Dmitri shot Hellen a look. "I would never do such thing."

"What do you mean?" Ludovica asked Hellen. "How can I give him energy?"

"It's a little spell, but if he chooses not to do it, then I guess we are flying there." Hellen raised her hands a little too excited, but Dmitri lowered them.

"We aren't flying there either. I'm no dragon rider. I hate heights."

"Well my friend, it is time you overcame your fear."

Dimitri stared at her. "Seriously, Hellen. Are we going to have this argument now?"

She shrugged. "Fine, but on foot, it will take us an entire week to reach my home."

"Then, we take the bus like any other human."

Her eyes widened. "We aren't humans."

The door of the cafe opened. Dmitri turned, a dagger already clenched in his hand. Vincent raised his hands, a mischievous smile on his lips. "Whoa, there. Is this bad timing?"

"I asked him to come."

Dimitri turned to shot a look at Hellen. "I asked you to not tell anyone of our meeting."

"Vincent has a ride."

Dimitri placed his dagger on his belt. "So, you guessed I would deny your request of flying to Crystal City."

Hellen nodded. "I know how much you despise flying. I remember that day I first took you for a flight. You were screaming your lungs off."

"I was only twelve-years-old."

Vincent tossed a set of keys to Dimitri. "She's all yours, but please take care of her for me."

"What did you give him in exchange for these?" Dimitri asked, raising the keys in front of Hellen.

Her white cheeks turned rosy before she stared at the floor. "We're dating. I didn't have to give him anything in return for his car."

"You're dating a vampire?" Dimitri asked in complete disbelief. "I thought you said that you hated the bloodsuckers."

"She said that?" Vincent asked. "Guess I changed her mind."

Hellen walked toward Vincent, then stood on the tips of her toes. Still, he had to bend down to kiss her. At the contact of their lips, Ludovica could have sworn flames seemed to flicker in Hellen's face as if it was difficult for her to control the fire coursing through her veins.

Ludovica had heard of how dangerous dragons could be. They could lose control of their fire and kill anyone in a plain kiss or hug. The person would be lit up in flames like a torch, but Vincent looked fine as if not affected by her fire at all.

He pulled back, then cupped her face in his hands. "Be careful." Hellen didn't say anything in response. "If anything happens to her, I will hunt you down and kill you myself."

Dimitri didn't seem affected by Vincent's threat. "Nothing is going to happen to her. She is like family to me. I will protect her with my own life if necessary." He stepped closer to Vincent and tapped his shoulder. "Break her heart and I'll remove the gift of sunlight and throw you to burst into flames under the sun." Without another word, Dimitri exited the cafe.

Once outside, Ludovica's gaze fell upon a luxurious sleek black car with chrome rims. The dazzling sunlight reflected off the hood, making it shine like a black diamond. She stepped closer and ran her hands over the hood before glancing over her shoulder at Vincent as he stepped out of the bar, holding hands with Hellen.

"You love cars?"

"I used to have a—" At the memory of her car exploding, flames devouring it within seconds, prisoning her parents in red flames, her heart throbbed. She pressed a hand against her chest as the pain intensified, threatening to devour her whole. When she lifted her gaze, she met Dmitri's at the other side of the car. He stared at her, concern evident in his deep brown eyes. "I'm fine."

He propped his elbows on the hood of the car, playing with the keys in his hands. "You shouldn't lie to me. I know you're not okay. How can you be after everything that has happened?"

"It's best you guys leave before anyone locates you," Vincent said before placing a kiss on Hellen's forehead. "If you ever need help, contact me."

"We'll be fine. Stop worrying so much." Hellen pecked his lips before walking toward the car. Dimitri opened unlocked it and Ludovica hopped in the back while Hellen got on the passenger side. She waved goodbye to Vincent as Dimitri maneuvered the car from the curb. "Love you!"

On the ride to Crystal City, nobody spoke a word. At the speed Dimitri drove, they would arrive at the city within eight hours. Vincent's car had evidently been added custom parts to make it faster than what it normally was.

Vampires did love speed.

Dimitri decided it would be safer to take the back roads, than the highway. Neither Hellen or Ludovica argued. He was correct. The highway wouldn't be safe at all, but even if they did take the small roads, it didn't mean they would be completely safe. Their enemies could have expected them to do the exact thing just as they had expected Ludovica to head to the cabin.

They managed to arrive at Crystal City without getting ambushed by bounty hunters. The moment the city came into her view, Ludovica found herself staring in awe. She had heard of how beautiful the city was, but she had never seen it in person. All the buildings appeared made by crystals that shone brightly against the dazzling sunlight like diamonds.

Her eyes narrowed in bewilderment when Dmitri maneuvered the car into a path that led into the forest. "I thought we were staying in the city."

"No—Well, my home is on the outskirts of the city. No actually in it."

Ludovica tilted her head back on the headrest. "How long until we arrive there?"

"Not long."

As she stared at the roof of the car, her eyes began to flutter close, until she could no longer keep them open.

Darkness shrouded her vision as she moved one foot in front of the other. Within the darkness, a light flickered, reflecting on the body of a man bent over, holding a hand against his chest. When he lifted his gaze to meet her eyes, she found herself lost in his verdant green eyes.

"Caleb?" Ludovica half-whispered, finding it difficult to speak.

He lowered his hand to his side. Rivulets of scarlet dribbled from a laceration at the center of his chest. When Ludovica tried stepping closer to him, he took a couple of steps back, almost falling to the floor.

"You abandoned me." He shook his head. "You let her kill me!"

"I tried to get to you. I did, but Alfonso stopped me. He pushed me into the invisible field before I could do anything." Ludovica tried to step closer, but it felt as if something had reached from the darkness and held her in place.

Caleb fell to his knees, coughing, blood dribbling from his lips. "You let me die!"

She shook her head in disbelief. A loud cry escaped her lips before whatever had been holding her released me. Her knees shuddered then gave out from beneath her. When She glanced up, she met the silver eyes of a woman with auburn hair.

"Dream Walker." A soft growl escaped Ludovica's lips. "You bitch!"

Ludovica lurched to her feet, but the female's hands lit up in flames. She grasped Ludovica's shoulders, setting them ablaze. Pain engulfed her and she screamed at the top of her lungs. Still, she thrust her head forward. At the impact, the female released her and began to laugh.

The flames vanished and slowly, Ludovica's wounds began to heal. "What the hell do you want?"

"Master seeks an audience with you."

"Tell him to go to hell."

"I might not be capable of actually hurt you in your dreams, but I can torture you until you return to Astros. The gates have been opened once again, but they won't stay open forever." Flames appeared once again and surrounded Ludovica before they consumed her. Screams escaped her lips as she was set ablaze.

A gasp escaped her lips as her surroundings shattered and she woke, swinging her fists, claws out. Dmitri seized her wrists before pushing her back down on the cushions of the back seat. Ludovica snarled, which he returned, eyes flickering amber.

"Relax. It was nothing but a dream."

A sob escaped her lips before the flood of tears began. She covered her face as she let out all the pain she had tried so hard to keep hidden. "I can't take this. It's my fault...It's all my fault." Dmitri grabbed her hands and pulled her to a seating position before engulfing her in a hug.

"It is not your fault."

She wrapped her arms around his neck and sobbed. "It is." She managed to calm down but didn't let go. "It's best we go our separate paths." After pulling back, she met his gaze. "They are after me, not you."

He shook his head before leaning his forehead against hers. "I don't plan to abandon you now that you need me the most."

Hellen stood in the opened back door of the car and smiled. "Come on. I'll show you around." Once out of the car, Ludovica followed Hellen toward the cottage house. She came to a halt before they reached it though. From where she stood, she had a view of the enchanting city. Even the rivers that spread through the forest around the city like veins were visible. "Come on, I know the sight is breathtaking, but I would like to show you around the house, then take a shower."

Ludovica followed her into the house. Hellen pulled the front door opened, then beckoned Ludovica to head first. Ludovica walked into the living room before Dmitri followed suit. He sat down on one of the white sofas, then tilted his head back and closed his eyes. Hellen walked toward the double doors and opened them, revealing the beautiful forest.

"Well, this is my small living room and dining room." She motioned to the table with six chairs around it behind the sofa Dimitri sat in. "And that door leads to the bathroom." After walking closer to the door beside the chimney, she pushed it open to reveal a small bathroom. "I know is not much compared to what you're used to."

"It's fine."

"Well, let me show you to your room." She walked out of the room and Ludovica followed suit, glancing over her shoulder at Dimitri, who appeared to have fallen asleep.

"He needs rest. Using his magic leaves him exhausted."

"I know." They headed up the narrowed steps into a small hallway with three closed doors.

Hellen opened the first one. "This one will be your room." After she leaned on the door, she folded her arms over her chest, a beaming smile on her face. "My room will be across from yours. If you need anything just knock."

Ludovica walked into the room. The room contained only a medium sized bed pushed up against the wall and a drawer. When she glanced back over her shoulder, the smile on Hellen's face seemed to grow brighter. "What are you smiling for?"

"Nothing. Just thinking about what Dimitri and you are going to do when you go in heat."

At her words, Ludovica froze in the center of the room. She had completely forgotten that every month a she-wolf went in heat. How could she forget such thing? Ludovica faced Hellen, forcing a smile. "Nothing. I think Dimitri and I can control ourselves."

A soft chuckle escaped her lips. "When do you go in heat?"

"Why are you asking?"

"So I can make sure to sleep that night with my headphones in blast." She pushed off from the door, twirling a lock of hair in her finger. "You and Dimitri have never been together in one of your heats. Trust me, Dimitri might pretend to be some submissive wolf, but he is not. He is dominant. Which means, that night, he will claim you and you will submit to him."

"Dimitri has behaved so far like a gentleman. He knows..."

"That you belong to him. Yet, he has done no move to claim you as his. Dimitri would never do such a thing knowing that you still love someone else. He wants to win your heart over like a normal human would, but come on. Ludovica, we are not humans."

"I think I need a rest."

"When?" Hellen asked after she seized hold of the doorknob.

"In two weeks."

"Well good luck," she said, then closed the door.

Ludovica stood in front of the window, staring at the endless forest. Her eyes began to burn as tears slid down her face. With shuddering fingers, she wiped them away. Her sobs turned into loud cries as the images of everyone she loved dying kept flitting in her head. When thunder rumbled through the sky followed by lightning, she tried to hold back the cries, but couldn't. Every day she tried to remain in control, but the pain invading her heart was slowly consuming her, pulling her deeper and deeper into madness.

How could she ever think of being happy?

Her parents, her brother and the man she loved were taken from her. Members of her pack had joined the enemy and those loyal to her were forced to live in hiding. At a knock on the door, she wiped the tears away and opened, forcing a smile.

"You're fully rested?"

Dmitri leaned his shoulder on the doorframe. "No. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Get some rest." She tried closing the door, but he stopped her. 

"Don't lie to me." He inched closer, wiping away the tears she had not realized had continued to flow down her cheeks. "I'm going to make him pay for everything. I promise."

"I wish I could push you away." She held his hand on her cheek and leaned into it, relishing his warmth. "But you're damn stubborn." Now, she met his gaze. "I'm terrified of losing you as well."

For a moment, he seemed to freeze before he pulled her closer and enveloped her in a warm embrace. "You will never lose me."

He pulled her closer and she wrapped her arms around him. It was astonishing how a simple gesture could abate the pain that threatened to crush her heart. Though, it shouldn't have surprised her. It was said that a single touch from a mate could abate any sort of pain. 

After pulling back just enough to meet his gaze, she smiled as she trailed her fingers over his jawline, loving the warm electricity that rushed through her veins. She drew closer but stopped herself before their lips could touch.

 She hugged him again, closing her eyes as she fought back the tears. Perhaps, Eleanor was correct. She did feel some sort of attraction toward Dmitri. However, she couldn't let him get too close to her. She was terrified that if she let it grow stronger, she would lose him as well. It was best to for them to remain as friends because in the end if everything failed, she would hand herself over to save them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999K 20K 31
"I, Cal River, Alpha of the Climax Night pack reject you, Raven Woods, as my pack's Luna and as my mate." ***** Raven Woods was born a rogue. She wou...
3.8M 167K 81
August Hael is an Omega in a world full of wolves, Omega's aren't treated as well as other Dominant and Submissive wolves are. In his pack, they're t...
376K 12K 24
I sense a presence with me in the glade and ready myself to run 'Whoever's there show yourself'. He steps from the shadows like a ghost, barely makin...
1.9K 242 12
A human took everything from her. To escape the pain and heart wrenching emotions of loss, she fled into her wolf form and into the wilderness. She v...